Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

post more cattes instead of gitgud talk you fuckheads

blue cats are the best kind but these fuckheads need to get good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did a new bot release or something, been having at least 1 in every low level dungeon group the past couple days.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Anyone else really like the Gnath/Vath, if only that they are the only beastman tribe without an obnoxious vocal tic?

On the other hand, I can only guess the guy who was in charge of writting those tics must have been out sick when they translated them, which led to him overcompensating on the Vanu Vanu :cripes:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Unlucky7 posted:

Anyone else really like the Gnath/Vath, if only that they are the only beastman tribe without an obnoxious vocal tic?

On the other hand, I can only guess the guy who was in charge of writting those tics must have been out sick when they translated them, which led to him overcompensating on the Vanu Vanu :cripes:

I too really like the Vath, can't wait for their beast tribe quests. I bet the Vanu Vanu give you a sanuwa mount, we've already seen it in the benchmark, but I don't know what the Vath would give you. Maybe another palanquin? A myacid? A goat?

Griz
May 21, 2001

Line Feed posted:

Been toying with using an Archaeoskin Jackcoat instead, so this outfit is a little outdated.

are you level 58+? if yes, get the 55 dhalmelskin gatherer set and 58 adamantite revolver for maximum cowboy

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
5-gnath living palanquin.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Pews posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_2twcQvexo

Hildebrand spoilers i guess? but I think this is the best

How spoilery is this? I still have yet to do Hildebrand. Maybe someday when after all my jobs are 60.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

How spoilery is this? I still have yet to do Hildebrand. Maybe someday when after all my jobs are 60.

Im only 25 and it didnt seem spoilery to me. There really isnt much context to it, its a very specific scene. And its also god drat hilarious and makes me want to keep playing.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

It's not spoilery in that it doesn't give away the big plot twist of the entire Hildibrand questchain, but it's much funnier if you don't see it coming.

Also go do the Hildibrand quests right now you loving scrub.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

vOv posted:

Also go do the Hildibrand quests right now you loving scrub.

That's not behaviour fitting of a Manderville Man.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Pews posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_2twcQvexo

Hildebrand spoilers i guess? but I think this is the best

Hahahaha man I'd forgotten about the suplex of greeting. I can't wait for what they do with Hildiward

heavensbrand?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing with collectables? I mean, I understand the concept and what not, but I can't reliably collect them.

Right now, I'm level 56 in BOT/MIN, but I can't even get level 52 collectables reliably. I'm currenly in all level 55 NQ gear, so I have 458 Gathering, 457 Perception, and 565 GP.

My rotation had been Toil > Discerning Eye > Methodical Appraisal > Methodical Appraisal > Collect

This works on level 50 items, but nothing beyond that. What should I be doing? Do I just need better gear? A better rotation? If I'm expected to have HQ melded gear, I'm just going to leve my way to 60 and worry about collectables at a later time.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Ciaphas posted:

Hahahaha man I'd forgotten about the suplex of greeting. I can't wait for what they do with Hildiward

heavensbrand?

A bunch of NPCs will be looking to find Hilda, and be brought to Hildibrand instead. Hildibrand will help in his own special way.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing with collectables? I mean, I understand the concept and what not, but I can't reliably collect them.

Right now, I'm level 56 in BOT/MIN, but I can't even get level 52 collectables reliably. I'm currenly in all level 55 NQ gear, so I have 458 Gathering, 457 Perception, and 565 GP.

My rotation had been Toil > Discerning Eye > Methodical Appraisal > Methodical Appraisal > Collect

This works on level 50 items, but nothing beyond that. What should I be doing? Do I just need better gear? A better rotation? If I'm expected to have HQ melded gear, I'm just going to leve my way to 60 and worry about collectables at a later time.

Don't use Toil, it's a complete waste of GP. Single Mind does the exact same thing for collectables for only 200 GP.

Anyway, get 600 GP and then do Reveal -> Single Mind -> Discerning Eye -> Methodical -> Discerning Eye -> Methodical x2 -> Collect x3

If you can't hit the minimum collectability, get more perception. It shouldn't be an issue with up-to-date unmelded HQ gear and food.

e: I guess you need 57 for Single Mind, so until then just use Discerning Eye on each appraisal and collect twice.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 15, 2015

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Fister Roboto posted:

e: I guess you need 57 for Single Mind, so until then just use Discerning Eye on each appraisal and collect twice.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, that would require 700 GP.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Holyshoot posted:

Some of the facial work in Heavensward was wrought from all of the experimentation into Hildebrand's expressions. It's one part why it's quite enjoyable :allears:

Not spoilery in the slightest. You might have forgotten Godbert there from when you oiled him at Camp Bronze Lake though.

Also get used to him Limit Breaking. He doesn't need a party to do so either.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, that would require 700 GP.

Single Mind and Discerning Eye are both 200 GP.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
One thing a lot of new people are going to miss are the seasonal quests which kinda sucks. Last Christmas it was "heavily" implied that Fantasy Christmas was invented and bankrolled by Godbert who coincidentally plays the role of Santa.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Single Mind and Discerning Eye are both 200 GP.

Does single mind reveal out of reach items?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No, it makes the next appraisal not cost a gathering attempt. You reveal the item manually. Come on, this isn't rocket science.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

No, it makes the next appraisal not cost a gathering attempt. You reveal the item manually. Come on, this isn't rocket science.

I know basically nothing about high level gathering. I leveled mining/botany to 50 before and then never did anything with it. I didn't know there was any way to reveal them other than Toil.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh wow.

Did it never occur to you to just.. click on the slot?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh wow.

Did it never occur to you to just.. click on the slot?

Haha. Nope. Disregard me, I'm an idiot. I thought you could only get out of reach items if you used toil.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Etrips posted:

Also how do I AoE properly?

You level BLM instead of MNK. :science:

bonewitch posted:

You want to replace one of those Snap Punches with a Demolish and re-up it when its at less than 5 seconds or so. Do the same with Touch of Death. At 50 you get Dragon Kick which replaces one of your Bootshines, and your full rotation becomes essentially DK->TS->Demo->BS->TS->SP (you'll need to change up the timing of demo as the fight progresses or else you'll end up clipping it too much)

To clarify, in that rotation the first TS is Twin Snakes and the other is True Strike.

You're going to alternate twin snakes and true strike like you do dragon kick and bootshine, assuming you don't have to miss GCDs due to mechanics.

Still messing around with openers, but being able to form shift so that you can get in a free demolish (and dragon kick) before you pop perfect balance is handy if your connection likes to act spotty.

bonewitch posted:

Assuming you have enough TP, Fracture is a dps increase on MNK

With the amount of skill speed we're getting, keeping Fracture up more often without having DK/TS/Demo/ToD fall off is getting better. Using Fracture more will burn our TP faster but DRG still burns out faster than MNK does and if you have a NIN in the party a little Goad goes a long way. Burning through A1 I start getting low on TP (with Invigorate on CD) right around when the Oppressor launches in to the air and at that point you're not going to be running out of TP because of those breaks in the action.

Rei_ posted:

Apparently people were getting sub-2m kills on Manipulator by being able to target the body from the jump without touching the legs, which I'm assuming was the exploit in question

Emergency downtimes are for things like "we just found X issue (and players might know about it) and doing X lets you dupe items/rob other players/enable open world pvp/etc."

Taking down the server for "this dumb faceroll fight can be done faster via a bug" is a big issue but not emergency shutdown big. Those tend to be for game-critical issues like duping.

vOv posted:

Ahaha, I didn't notice the limit break sound at 1:00. I love this cutscene so much.

Godbert' has by far the best limit break in FF14: (contains a character cameo spoiler I guess, though you'll hear them discussed in FC chat regardless)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgCSjoM7b0M

:allears:

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Looks like the hotfix had something to do with upgrading from trial version to full version. Probably some other things too.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/248323-Suspension-of-Free-Trial-to-Full-Version-Upgrades-on-Mog-Station

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Gilsellers once again preventing us from having nice things.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Are we still posting glamours and stuff?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

How would fellow gatherers rate this flowchart?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Godbert' has by far the best limit break in FF14: (contains a character cameo spoiler I guess, though you'll hear them discussed in FC chat regardless)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgCSjoM7b0M

:allears:

Every other crafter in the universe wept when they saw this I'm sure

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

How would fellow gatherers rate this flowchart?

Probably more complicated than it needs to be.

Fister Roboto posted:

Anyway, get 600 GP and then do Reveal -> Single Mind -> Discerning Eye -> Methodical -> Discerning Eye -> Methodical x2 -> Collect x3

This is the most reliable rotation, though it does assume you get a little over 100 collectability per (unbuffed) appraisal and that you have 600 GP. I've done a lot of different things when under 600 GP.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Magil Zeal posted:

This is the most reliable rotation, though it does assume you get a little over 100 collectability per (unbuffed) appraisal and that you have 600 GP. I've done a lot of different things when under 600 GP.

I'm not too far from 600. I'm using all level 48ish accessories that could use an upgrade. So I'll just craft some HQ new ones and then I could just shove some GP materia in them if needed.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yo here's a recruit a friend code S5NZFQ63

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
an emo dragonboy

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Edit: somehow didn't notice I posted the same thing twice

Potato Jones fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 17, 2015

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
I heard there was catte posting

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Suffer for cosplay. (I only have the gambler coat, I figured I could do just as well with other glamour pieces without spending a billion MGP on them.)

It looks pretty good on male au ra!

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
If I'm gonna play like an rear end in a top hat I may as well look like one too.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
today I am cosplaying a character in a bad game

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did a new bot release or something, been having at least 1 in every low level dungeon group the past couple days.

How do you tell if it's a bot in a dungeon? Do they just not talk?
Bots in FATES are easy because they run like idiots after every fate, before doing a 180 and running to the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shabooty
Apr 29, 2013
to actually do glamours you need to level the right DoH? i didn't see any prisms on the marketboard

• Locked thread