Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

hadji murad posted:

Over Fabregas who had 17 or 18 assists. Coutinho had a few good games right around when they sent envelopes.

I'm just mad because City, the team who finished 2nd, didn't have anyone at all in the team of the year. Aguero is the worst omission,but Silva/Hart were great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Lol, my friend. Coutinho is an effeminate white Brazilian and not very good. Yes he occasionally bangs in a sick upper 90 net slam from outside traditional dz-sibot zones, but Caitlin Jenner is a freaking Men's Olympic Decathlon Gold Medalist so weird poo poo happens with sports sometimes.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Paddyb posted:

All of what Ewar Woowar said, but also Coutinho has the advantage of not being a mental case like Sterling.

What's he done that's mental? Leaving Liverpool seems pretty sane imho

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

pik_d posted:

I'm just mad because City, the team who finished 2nd, didn't have anyone at all in the team of the year. Aguero is the worst omission,but Silva/Hart were great too.

Hart was loving terrible, Silva disappeared for half the season

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

African AIDS cum posted:

Hart was loving terrible, Silva disappeared for half the season

You're really bad at this

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Tell us about how great Hart was, delusional City fan.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Coutinho is good and so is Sterling, well that's my opinion thanks bye.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

African AIDS cum posted:

Tell us about how great Hart was, delusional City fan.

He had Mangala, Grandpa Demichelis, and the remains of Kompany ahead of him, and still kept more clean sheets than anyone else

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

pik_d posted:

He had Mangala, Grandpa Demichelis, and the remains of Kompany ahead of him, and still kept more clean sheets than anyone else

Oh word? Perhaps he can trade in some of these clean sheets for the ability to make easy reaction saves?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Hart wasn't better than De Gea so who cares that he wasn't in the team of the season

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

African AIDS cum posted:

Oh word? Perhaps he can trade in some of these clean sheets for the ability to make easy reaction saves?

Yeah he did that too though. Hart was shaky two seasons ago but was pretty great last season. Maybe try talking about Dzeko because he was poo poo last season and is probably getting sold to Roma.

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
Yeah well clearly Coutinho shouldn't have been in the TOTY but if he actually had attacking players ahead of him worth a poo poo he would have.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Joe "Bad" Fart is bad.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Your Weird Uncle posted:

west ham put in a bid for javier hernandez

This would be a good move.

Coutinho is a good player, but not nearly as good as Liverpool fans make him out to be. Sterling will do well at City and will ultimately be the better player.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Knoddus posted:

Yeah well clearly Coutinho shouldn't have been in the TOTY but if he actually had attacking players ahead of him worth a poo poo he would have.

See: Sterling, Raheem.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Paperhouse posted:

Hart wasn't better than De Gea so who cares that he wasn't in the team of the season

De Gay was utter poo poo at the start of the season and is still as bad at dealing with crosses and set pieces as Joe Fart is at reaction saves.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Joe "Full Of" Hart is great you loving idiots get out also lol liverpool gently caress off we get your best players cuz we're the best team

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

This would be a good move.

Coutinho is a good player, but not nearly as good as Liverpool fans make him out to be. Sterling will do well at City and will ultimately be the better player.

What makes you think that? Sterling is good and is more than just a pace merchant but he still relies on it an awful amount. Coutinho for me has way more potential as he's got far more of a football brain. As long as he doesn't go the BrazilIan route of getting fat and partying too much I think he'll be incredible.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
e: oops

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Fabregas, Ozil, Silva, Sigurdsson, Eriksen... All better than Coutinho. Coutinho is good for like 4 games a year.

Put it this way, Coutinho had the greatest striker in the world in front of him, and Sturridge scoring 20 goals or whatever next to that guy, and he got like 7? 8 assists? Yep.

Less than Cazorla had this year.

Broletariat fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 15, 2015

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
And Cazorla was playing pretty bad for the first half of the season, too.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
Just wait till young Raheem gets caught after a few bad games doing laughing gas and smoking from his shisha pipe with his twenty illegitimate children.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Broletariat posted:

Fabregas, Ozil, Silva, Sigurdsson, Eriksen... All better than Coutinho. Coutinho is good for like 4 games a year.

Put it this way, Coutinho had the greatest striker in the world in front of him, and Sturridge scoring 20 goals or whatever next to that guy, and he got like 7? 8 assists? Yep.

Less than Cazorla had this year.

Yeah but what was his DzSiboT?

Assists are a retarded measurement. Remember this classic assist by our mate Big Joze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usdqoocdI0c

Try actually watching Liverpool play rather than looking at stats. Everything goes through Coutinho.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
so, how about those transfers, huh?

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Ewar Woowar posted:

Yeah but what was his DzSiboT?

Assists are a retarded measurement. Remember this classic assist by our mate Big Joze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usdqoocdI0c

Try actually watching Liverpool play rather than looking at stats. Everything goes through Coutinho.

yeah how dare i use assists to judge a playmaker, how ridiculous right, it's not like their job is to feed forwards the opportunity to score or anything

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
The best goalkeeper is Ospina gently caress of yankee imperialist eurozone pigs

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

counting assists is stupid because you're just looking at the previous kick of a move. It's disheartening to see trp posters bang on about them. Cuntiniho is a really exciting player imo, he makes things happen.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
if we're going to discount assists on the basis of "there are other things that make this thing happen" then we should do the same with goals.

but by all means, if you want to think Coutinho is team of the year material for being absent and irrelevant in tons of games but smashing in a couple screamers go ahead.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Broletariat posted:

if we're going to discount assists on the basis of "there are other things that make this thing happen" then we should do the same with goals.

but by all means, if you want to think Coutinho is team of the year material for being absent and irrelevant in tons of games but smashing in a couple screamers go ahead.

Chris Brunt had the third most assists in the league last season.

Try watching actual games rather than reading stats you absolute retard.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Ewar Woowar posted:

Chris Brunt had the third most assists in the league last season.

Try watching actual games rather than reading stats you absolute retard.

Seen him plenty of times over the years, he's not that good. Has some great moments of individual skill from time to time but that's it as of right now. He can still improve obviously as far as consistency.

But we've seen him paired with great forwards and poo poo forwards and he wasn't a big difference maker in either case, so... . I know times are hard for liverpool fans and you're upset it happens.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Homura posted:

Just wait till young Raheem gets caught after a few bad games doing laughing gas and smoking from his shisha pipe with his twenty illegitimate children.

he's a poor man's idiot to be sure

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Chris Brunt to Liverpool for £44m would be a good piece of business

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Fully expecting some classy puns when Southampton signs Jordy Clasie.

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Broletariat posted:

lmao what the gently caress is wrong with americans?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Broletariat posted:

Seen him plenty of times over the years, he's not that good. Has some great moments of individual skill from time to time but that's it as of right now.
I can't really say anything other than tell you this is wrong and has no basis in reality tbh. Play goes through him so much, it's not "individual skill" that he's getting judged on. You seem to think that scoring the odd screamer every five months is why people like him (because you don't watch Liverpool games), that side of his game becoming good was a complete surprise and it's an entirely separate bonus to the qualities that made the fans love him.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I thought Coutinho was brilliant when Liverpool played at Old Trafford last season but when I got home I saw Carragher had said he'd had an awful game and was one of the worst players on the pitch so idk

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Broletariat posted:

Fabregas, Ozil, Silva, Sigurdsson, Eriksen... All better than Coutinho.

Nodding my head at this.

Hart had the game of his life against Swansea at the end of the season, but he's no Rob Green.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Big Taff Man posted:

I thought Coutinho was brilliant when Liverpool played at Old Trafford last season but when I got home I saw Carragher had said he'd had an awful game and was one of the worst players on the pitch so idk

Hes one of those players that looks good with the ball but when you have a proper look at him and realise he's not tracking back or defending and leaving huge gaps for the opposition to walk through you understand.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

serious gaylord posted:

Hes one of those players that looks good with the ball but when you have a proper look at him and realise he's not tracking back or defending and leaving huge gaps for the opposition to walk through you understand.

This mentality is why people think that Rooney is any good when in fact he's poo poo but runs a lot and scores a screamer every so often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
'Everything goes through' the alimentary canal too, but it's still brown And smells.

• Locked thread