Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

RottenK posted:

kill him before he destroys us all

you think you can destroy a god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
So I unlocked Blood Harvest on my slayer. I switched my blue Backflip (+120% damage to Backflip on <50% HP) with a blue Blood Harvest one (+120% damage to Blood Harvest), in addition to 3 of my amulets having bonus damage to BH.

I'm killing bosses on impossible in under a minute. Did Thais Temple impossible, killed Protheus before he could summon Naiads and the boss before that in 30 seconds. Hell, I'm starting trash pulls by dropping Blood Harvest on a Thug or Enchanter; I deal with the other mobs while they die off screen.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

RottenK posted:

you're mad with power

People do keep complaining that they can't be in the guild though.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Oh wow I didn't get many class sparks this weekly cap =\

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

7500 for this week. Any extra you got from last week counted towards this week's cap. So if you had 50 sparks to cap and you finished a mission that gave you 100. That extra 50 was subtracted from this week.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So all the people who ran Mare right before hitting the end of last weeks allotment didn't actually gain anything aside from getting those points early.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Hy_C posted:

7500 for this week. Any extra you got from last week counted towards this week's cap. So if you had 50 sparks to cap and you finished a mission that gave you 100. That extra 50 was subtracted from this week.

7500 is a lower cap than we had week one. I'm guessing that the limit we got last week was from making a new character and not the baseline for where the cap increases will start.

Either way, we'll get our new classes and about 1-2 clusters.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I'm not seeing any way to dismiss adepts in the Order screen. Are you stuck with whatever lovely newbie ones you recruit filling up your cap once you start being able to recruit better ones?

VVV: Okay, I guess I'm not to that part yet. I'm waiting for an adept to get back from Isola Digs or something.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 15, 2015

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Make a missionary. I'm pretty sure the game made you do that as part of the adept tutorial.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
My first menu screen (b?) is always showing an alert exclamation mark even if I've looked and clicked on everything. Am I missing something?

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
PSA for goons-

Do the x2 missions with X class in solo mode.

This lets you play a class with all base abilities unlocked.

It also does some weird math and is actually x3 total sparks at the end. Dont ask why.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Double Monocle posted:

PSA for goons-

Do the x2 missions with X class in solo mode.

This lets you play a class with all base abilities unlocked.

It also does some weird math and is actually x3 total sparks at the end. Dont ask why.

I think that's because the base is x2, but because you went in as the X class you get another bonus on top of the x2

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I did a few of those missions and it sucked. Have fun going through the dungeon with no weapons, player :/

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

RottenK posted:

I did a few of those missions and it sucked. Have fun going through the dungeon with no weapons, player :/

This is why I saved all the special edition weapons of classes I haven't played yet.

Tilda
Jun 27, 2013
Just got in game - Poop socks away!

I have no clue what I am doing but seem to be in a tutorial mission as a Cryo - that russian video just told me to play as a Paladin or Lightbinder - should I switch or if I've clicked a few nodes am I too late?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

I think that's because the base is x2, but because you went in as the X class you get another bonus on top of the x2

Also note that it doesn't seem to work if you use the group finder (you spawn as your normal class, not the mission option one). If you do it solo it seems to work fine.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

On weekly caps:

Toasty posted:

Hi everyone,

The limit for the second week was not lowered, however what’s going on isn’t presented clearly. During your first week of Skyforge you receive a boosted limit, (around one and a half a normal limit) and your second week is based on a limit that has not been boosted. This is designed as a method to ease new players into the game and afterwards you are at a normal limit for that week.

We are looking into it and will provide more details on how the limits increase for each week in the future.

FoolishLobster fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 15, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

RottenK posted:

The biggest problem with playing a new class is not knowing what the gently caress is going on and dying to the first trash pack a couple of times to figure it out. I thought archer sucked poo poo until arrow swapping clicked and then I just burned thais temple to the ground. Having a weapon doesn't fix this very much, since your weapon doesn't give you a weapon damage range like in a traditional rpg sense. It just gives you a pile of might, which you can make up with might nodes on the atlas and might rings/amulets.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

FoolishLobster posted:

On weekly caps:

Yup. Figured that was the case. Gonna be some mad spergs out there. Glad I didn't try to hard to find a 3x for my last sparks now...

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
A lot of people have yet to discover that basic upgrades don't count for poo poo in Skyforge. If you go around upgrading your stats, your prestige rises and you wind up fighting harder things, so it takes an identical amount of time to kill anything. That's the way it works in MMOs in general, but there's no curtain over the harsh truth in Skyforge because you're running literally the exact same stages with the exact same monsters, just buffed up. What does get you ahead of the curve is unlocking abilities and talents. Double your HP and things just hit you twice as hard, you never move up on the treadmill. Unlock some amulets and talents that get you a 50% damage bonus and suddenly you're killing stuff fast.

TL;DR: Don't activate an orb unless it's on the way to a class, talent, or ability that you want. Real progression in Skyforge comes from those three things.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Or if a mission demands it. Also it may or may not be a requirement to get amulets.

Rewards seem to be really poorly balanced and I hope the queue situation improves once the game opens up.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Anoia posted:

This is why I saved all the special edition weapons of classes I haven't played yet.

You can't equip gear for a promo class. Also, your stats are drastically different and you have a bunch of talents that aren't shown.

I noticed this when playing promo Slayer, a class I already have. It gave me a ton of Spirit and talents from the end of the Slayer atlas. The problem is the builds are often pretty bad; the Kinetic and Slayer promos both skip some of their best skills and talents in favor of much weaker ones, so it's a poor representation of how effective the class actually is.

Tilda posted:

Just got in game - Poop socks away!

I have no clue what I am doing but seem to be in a tutorial mission as a Cryo - that russian video just told me to play as a Paladin or Lightbinder - should I switch or if I've clicked a few nodes am I too late?

Cryo isn't that bad, it's just kinda boring and often rough for a new player. It also has the worst symbol of the three by far. Then again I don't like Lightbinder either. Switching will put you behind if your goal is to unlock a new class, but not too much.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 15, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Morglon posted:

Or if a mission demands it. Also it may or may not be a requirement to get amulets.

Rewards seem to be really poorly balanced and I hope the queue situation improves once the game opens up.

If you mean rewards from adventures, it takes into account a hidden value (basically the same as proficiency) and the expected duration of the adventure. Of course, that doesn't take into account poo poo like being able to run Port Naori in 5 minutes or some boss or pulls being awfully slow for certain classes until you take specific talents/symbols/skills.

Hell, I love Thais Temple because when running it solo, I can cut the run time to half the expected. All the bosses have weird mechanics that the Slayer happily ignores.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 15, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Yeah pretty much that. I burned through one of the dungeons in ten minutes for almost 300 sparks. Guess I better farm some more for my next class then. Also who do i bug for an invite to the thing?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Valatar posted:

Real progression in Skyforge comes from those three things.

Real progression is acquiring snazzy looking weapons, gear, and outfits.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

Real progression is acquiring snazzy looking weapons, gear, and outfits.

You've found weapons with unique models?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

You've found weapons with unique models?

I was speaking in general. I don't know the extent of what Skyforge has to offer in terms of weapon skins exclusively and especially any of those that come from end game content. I have seen a fair number of other skins though.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 15, 2015

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The next upgrade has stalled because the voting system is loving terrible. Maybe we should just start a second pantheon because it takes forever to wait for all the clan leaders to get on and vote for poo poo.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I wish they had different skins for the weapons.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Any idea what time on the 16th open beta comes out? Midnight PST or something? Or some Russian timezone?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Unguided posted:

The next upgrade has stalled because the voting system is loving terrible. Maybe we should just start a second pantheon because it takes forever to wait for all the clan leaders to get on and vote for poo poo.

It'd be the exact same problem in a new guild, just chill.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, making more pantheons just multiplies the work involved for no real profit. The amount of poo poo we've had to plow through to increase the guild size is only a relatively small portion of the total guild upgrades that need building, so if we made multiple guilds we'd have to crank out multiple store upgrades, buff upgrades, etc. for every one. Assuming I'm reading the pantheon construction screen correctly, a maxed guild supports 15^2, so 225 members. That should be ample for our needs, we just need to keep plugging.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

I wish they had different skins for the weapons.

Your weapon will change appearance as you reach higher prestige/upgrades, I don't know which exactly effects it. In the Russian version, I had seen 2 Paladin swords, 3 Cryo crystal holders, and 2 Lightbinder wands.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Schubalts posted:

Your weapon will change appearance as you reach higher prestige/upgrades, I don't know which exactly effects it. In the Russian version, I had seen 2 Paladin swords, 3 Cryo crystal holders, and 2 Lightbinder wands.

Pretty sure I've seen three or four different Lightbinder wands, not counting the special founder's version. Rest assured that custom weapon skins will probably be in the cash shop some day, though.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

There are totally multiple weapon looks but I'm not sure how to tell without equipping them. Some of them are different and some aren't but it doesn't seem to correlate to rarity or anything.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Unguided posted:

You know what? gently caress it, sure. Go make another guild. Have fun. Apparently it's not believable that this actually is the best way to do it, so gently caress it. Go forth and find out for yourselves. We'll wait.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
The devs are posting a lot of info on the russian website. Here's the gist of some of the answers from the first Responses to player suggestions article:

- Respecs, builds and limits. They are planning on adding an ability to save several builds and switch between them without having to manually repick all the skills and perks. Probably will have to pay the same cost as now to switch.

- Auto scaling of characters in group content to a certain level There will not be a system like that, everyone stays at their full power.

- Earning sparks through Order activities No. Sparks can only be earned by playing the game, Adept mission will never reward them.

- Adept equipement Ability to equip your adepts with gear to infuence their stats is one of the possibilities that they see for expanding the Order stuff in the future.

- :siren:Butt physics:siren: Already implemented, but not fine tuned. They will work on this after they finish working on breast physics.

- Selecting multiple items for disassembly instead of doing it one by one This is planned and will be added to the game at a later stage.

- Creating sets of rings for classes Ring presets for classes are a planned feature, but it will not be implemented any time soon.

There's a lot more in there, but it's dumb crap that doesn't matters. Also i'm lazy and it's prety late here. Don't forget that all this is in relation to the russian version, not the one we play. No idea how fast or slow the changes that'll eventually happen there will get here.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

RottenK posted:

No idea how fast or slow the changes that'll eventually happen there will get here.

I'm a fan of the QoL changes they mentioned, but this part is actually what interests me the most. It is one of those things which you never really know what to expect until it happens.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You know what? gently caress it, sure. Go make another guild. Have fun. Apparently it's not believable that this actually is the best way to do it, so gently caress it. Go forth and find out for yourselves. We'll wait.

You sure are angry about a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Somewhere in Russia a guy is staring at a monitor, tweaking variables to make sure the boobs bounce just right. Then, only then, can he move on to butts.

• Locked thread