Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Hank guts and eats a giant, possibly sentient crab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

Don't forget the two pirates who were guarding Brock before... Brock provided a name for the show's fight song. Even if they weren't dead by the time he left the boat, they certainly were when he set it on fire.

Have we seen Dean do any superscience apart from fixing HELPER and doing shrinky-dinks?

those same two pirates were at the opening of the Jonas Venture Jr. Museum of Jonas Venture

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Hank guts and eats a giant, possibly sentient crab.

Psh, possibly sentient doesn't count. Plus, he was hopped up on caffeine and was jungle batman.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If you have to count your potential kills on one hand, you're still practically a murder virgin compared to the rest of Team Venture.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Machai posted:

those same two pirates were at the opening of the Jonas Venture Jr. Museum of Jonas Venture

Twins.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Sash! posted:

THIS MAN STOLE FROM YOUR FATHER

I love that line for some reason. Probably because of the accent.

TEACH HIM ZE MEANING OF LOYALTY.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

For lack of anything else to talk about, I'll mention I played a simple indie game recently called The Magic Circle, who featured one James Urbaniak as the main voice actor. The plot of the game is you are a QA tester struggling to help get a video game shipped (mostly be breaking the game in creative ways that make it barely work). Urbaniak plays the game's head designer, a former Big Name in the industry who, after eighteen years of trying to ship the game (and blowing all the money from four different kickstarters in the process) is completely burned out and half-assing it.

A real stretch for him, I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzxm4WtVUt0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqm4cvqC9Ug

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
SDCC Venture Homes News!

So it seems the art book isn't dead?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Djarum posted:

SDCC Venture Homes News!

So it seems the art book isn't dead?

Is Dean from GBS?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Man, I love Dean. He's such a weenie but his wimpy sincerity just makes you want to root for him.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Being admitted to City College cannot be easy though, how exactly can he pull this off when all he has are transcripts from a talking bed?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
His dad just inherited a hugely successful consumer goods and military defense contractor empire, I'm sure that helps.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

X_Toad posted:

Being admitted to City College cannot be easy though, how exactly can he pull this off when all he has are transcripts from a talking bed?

I don't know, and what I want to know is, how is it he didn't enroll at Greendale? Seems like a more appropriate college choice.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Bobulus posted:

For lack of anything else to talk about, I'll mention I played a simple indie game recently called The Magic Circle, who featured one James Urbaniak as the main voice actor. The plot of the game is you are a QA tester struggling to help get a video game shipped (mostly be breaking the game in creative ways that make it barely work). Urbaniak plays the game's head designer, a former Big Name in the industry who, after eighteen years of trying to ship the game (and blowing all the money from four different kickstarters in the process) is completely burned out and half-assing it.

A real stretch for him, I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzxm4WtVUt0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqm4cvqC9Ug

Wow, this is a pretty good game so far. I mean right from the start you get a Doc "Well I have the butter dish!" vibe when the designer is playing around with the models.

"How do I manage to be preachy and self-hating without so much as a segue?"

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 16, 2015

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

tarlibone posted:

I don't know, and what I want to know is, how is it he didn't enroll at Greendale? Seems like a more appropriate college choice.

I've been told that city college and community college are about the same thing. So I'm expecting something close to Greendale.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Comrade Quack posted:

I've been told that city college and community college are about the same thing. So I'm expecting something close to Greendale.

On the show Community, the name of the competing community college is called City College.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure in this case they mean the actual City College of New York. Kind of odd considering the last school on the show was just "State". For some reason they didn't want to name the geographic location even though it's clearly California or Arizona.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The Venture compound was in Colorado Springs. Although that geography never made sense.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sash! posted:

The Venture compound was in Colorado Springs. Although that geography never made sense.

Greendale Community College is in Colorado.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I always assumed Jonas Sr. build his compound in Colorado Spring because the US Air Force is headquartered there (so flying supersonic jets around there doesn't raise any eyebrows) and because nearby Cheyenne Mountain is where the military has NORAD and the giant nuclear bunker built into a mountain. In case poo poo ever got really hectic on a global warfare scale, Jonas knew his family would be first in line to get into the best nuclear bunker in the world.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

I just can't imagine what undocking that submarine must be like.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ultramiraculous posted:

It's just sitting in a pool, like Krieger's narcosub in Archer.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I have watched every episode of this show and I somehow completely missed that fact. When do they say it?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ultramiraculous posted:

Oh you see dear old Dad decided to build a wormhole to the oceans but the drat thing never worked right. Killed one of the workers when they tried to test it.

When the boys were old enough to walk I had Brock get some heavy metal shielding in place just in case.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

I'm pretty sure in this case they mean the actual City College of New York. Kind of odd considering the last school on the show was just "State". For some reason they didn't want to name the geographic location even though it's clearly California or Arizona.

I heard Dr. O mention he taught at The New School once.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

I have watched every episode of this show and I somehow completely missed that fact. When do they say it?

What fact?

If you mean that the location is in Colorado, it's only outright stated in a newspaper image from the pilot, I believe. However, there are small clues here and there that more-or-less place the Venture Compound out west but nowhere near the coast. There is desert in the area, mountains all around, and HELPeR can be seen going down US Highway 285 in Venture Libre. True, those aren't all that specific, but Colorado fits, and with the image from the pilot taken into consideration, I think it's safe to assume it's canon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

notZaar posted:

State University is where Reed Richards, Ben Grimm and Dr Doom went to school.

Always figured the Venture Compound was in in the North East as NYC seemed really close to get to all the time.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
the monarch left his cocoon in the grand canyon for a long time

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

the monarch left his cocoon in the grand canyon for a long time

Where like everybody can see it!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

Always figured the Venture Compound was in in the North East as NYC seemed really close to get to all the time.

They have a huge stealth jet airplane (:v:) that goes blazing fast. Pretty sure that's what they use to get to NYC.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Shindragon posted:

They have a huge stealth jet airplane (:v:) that goes blazing fast. Pretty sure that's what they use to get to NYC.

and Dr. O is magic so he can probably get out there quickly as well

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Machai posted:

He does have the ability to teleport, and his range includes both amusement parks and London, which is why he gets them confused sometimes.

Give 'im hell, JT!

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

twistedmentat posted:

The North East doesn't have mountains.

ultramiraculous posted:

White brings this up when they go down to the submarine dock in the diving bell vs the butterglider.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Machai posted:

I think he's astral projecting or something.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

yes it does

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Haha, what

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Yeah, that's a super old mountain range. There's also the blue mountain state and poo poo. C'mon man.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

twistedmentat posted:

There's desert around the Compound.

Also if it wasn't in Colorado, how else would they have crash landed in Flint Unterland?

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Early on the show mentions Colorado, but in the special the Monarch drives from New Jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

There's desert around the Compound.

Also if it wasn't in Colorado, how else would they have crash landed in Flint Unterland?

... all I know about Unterland is that it's the size of Delaware and it borders Michigan. Presumably, not Canada, but I can't imagine it being an enclave of the US, not even in the Ventureverse.

So, it's a volcanic hellscape bordering a state that is literally surrounded by great lakes. I need a map that this makes sense on!