Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Oh that's great. While not huge numbers its at least better than some of the lower-tier earwolf shows that keep going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Tacier posted:

For some reason the recent Erin Whitehead episode has a listen count and it's currently sitting just under 18k, which is about double their usual. Maybe the bump was more considerable than I thought.

The "David Letterman" one also shows listens and it's at 4,733.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

anotherone posted:

The "David Letterman" one also shows listens and it's at 4,733.

That's pre-bump though. Numbers like that weren't uncommon for them in an average episode without a big name guest. Erin Whitehead doesn't have anywhere near the following and name recognition as Grace Helbig, their previous most-listened-to episode guest (also about 18k) so I see that as a promising sign.

Edit: Never mind, it's post bump, but that episode wasn't very good. Also Patton Oswalt is following HH now, so hopefully it's only a matter of time until he guests.

Tacier fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 3, 2015

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So I just caught another couple minutes of Clipped, and it was horrendous. Lapkus better have gotten paid, because this is career implodingly bad.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ashley Tisdale has like 13 million Twitter followers, I wonder if enough of them are watching that the show is actually a success

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ArtVandelay posted:

So I just caught another couple minutes of Clipped, and it was horrendous. Lapkus better have gotten paid, because this is career implodingly bad.

I was curious so I checked out the trailer and was shocked at how bad it was. Unfunny and poorly acted.

Edit: I'm wondering if it's trying to be a new "Taxi". The boss character is short and acerbic and wears a vest like Danny Devito did. Maybe just that character. I dunno.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jul 8, 2015

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Man Tom Sharpling on Hollywood handbook was loving hilarious 📓😎😎

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I did not expect to hear a reference to Bonkers D. Bobcat in 2015. Hollywood Handbook is too good.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Zsinjeh posted:

Man Tom Sharpling on Hollywood handbook was loving hilarious 📓😎😎

I haven't laughed that hard in awhile, that was a fantastic episode.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

cams posted:

I did not expect to hear a reference to Bonkers D. Bobcat in 2015. Hollywood Handbook is too good.

Yeah, totally nuts.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
Eggs and Florentine killed me. This might have been my favorite HH ep.

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
Does the earwolf store ever restock? I just listened to every UTU2TM and want one of those sweet teeshirts but they're sold out. Also UTU2TM is great is anyone didn't know already.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
So, I love Paul F Tompkins, I enjoy Dead Authors and he is consistently the best guest on Comedy Bang Bang, so...why do I find Spontaneanation unlistenably dull? :smith: Full disclosure, I only listened to the first episode and maybe half of the most recent one (because Matt Gourley).

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I found SPONTANEANATION improves quite significantly in its second episode, but the straight-up interviews in the first half of their episodes I always found slightly dull. I guess if PFT doesn't play up a role for interviews it is significantly less funnier. The improv parts are quite solid.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Some of the interviews are pretty good. The Colin Hanks interview from their live show was especially great.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Yeah, the live show is what won me over. It's a show that really thrives in front of an audience.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Personally I find narrative shows harder to follow than interview style ones when there's just audio. My wife loves Thrilling Adventure Hour and I don't hate it but can't get into that either.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I haven't given the Hooray Show a fair try because of its edited format. I feel like there's not much to gain from cutting directly to bits and highlights instead of just recording a seamless conversation, like i4h and many others.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
The dynamic between Horatio and Chad kinda soured for me when I learned that Chad wasn't an engineer but a dude that lives with him. I raised an eyebrow when he said he'd be willing to go to some event as long as Horatio paid (or something along those lines).

Anyway, I've liked all the episodes so far. The Kattan one was a bit of a bummer though.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
For you it soured the relationship when you found out they were friends?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Mr. Squishy I feel that you're being disingenuous. It soured the relationship when he realized that Horatio has a personal Kato Kaelin.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hollywood Handbook was amazing this week but I think my favourite part of the episode was being reminded that Seth Godin's Startup School was a thing

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

VagueRant posted:

So, I love Paul F Tompkins, I enjoy Dead Authors and he is consistently the best guest on Comedy Bang Bang, so...why do I find Spontaneanation unlistenably dull? :smith: Full disclosure, I only listened to the first episode and maybe half of the most recent one (because Matt Gourley).

The intro interview is the only part I enjoy. I'm not a huge improv nerd by any means, but I really appreciate stuff like improv4humans when I'm listening to PFT and friends acting all silly with no purpose for an hour.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I've considered checking out HH for a while because of how much you guys all love it, and Scharpling as the guest finally pushed me over the edge. I think I might be clinically dead from laughter, I'll be listening to a bunch of back episodes now...

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
First Brian Husky episode is the next place to go, and then the BJ Novac episode. Have fun.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Besson posted:

First Brian Husky episode is the next place to go, and then the BJ Novac episode. Have fun.

Actually it's Michael Cronin, Jordan Morris, Nicole Byer, the engineers episode, Dom's friend the Scuzman, the birday boys, sinbad,

actually just listen to all of them

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.

Tarranon posted:

Actually it's Michael Cronin, Jordan Morris, Nicole Byer, the engineers episode, Dom's friend the Scuzman, the birday boys, sinbad,

Jordan Morris was on The Flop House this week, and it reminded me what a good guest he is on shows. I get the impression that, like PFT, he really knows the shows well before he guests on them. He's got his own sense of humor but he always gets on board with whatever is happening.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tarranon posted:

Dom's friend the Scuzman

THE SCUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZMAAAAAN

"I've played, I mean, I've...I've been to the...I've played the Catskills."
"...ScuzzMan, did you just catch yourself in a lie?"

Seriously, that episode never gets old for me. Making Sean the authority figure is a great switch to the status quo.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The Kumail Nunjani episode is hilarious as well. I just love how devoted they get to the idea that you can use any character you want if you shift their alignment.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
NEW UTU2TM !!!!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Conrad_Birdie posted:

NEW UTU2TM !!!!

Bless the baby angel who is in charge of days like today.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Conrad_Birdie posted:

NEW UTU2TM !!!!

Jesus, does Adam Scott ever remember anything?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Conrad_Birdie posted:

NEW UTU2TM !!!!

This has the greatest story in the history of mankind so you should all probably listen.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
So far it's certainly the longest story in the history of mankind.

e: :stare: worth it

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 15, 2015

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

So far it's certainly the longest story in the history of mankind.

amazong payoff, tho

e: lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Whoa, the Horray Show is leaving Earwolf :(

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Link?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It's in the most recent episode and Chad confirmed it in the forums:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/we-cant-dance-together/

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Besson posted:

Tarranon posted:

I went back and listened to PFT, Novak, Jake Bagelnest, Adam Pally, and a few others. I'm just going to listen to all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Listen to the Pauly Shore episode