Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dragonatrix posted:

I come bearing sad(ish) news; poop.computer (now?) redirects to poop.urbanwizards.com instead.

I mean that's still awesome but not as awesome. And at least the content is the same.

It always did that for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It always has. How did you take this long to find out? Did you not immediately fire up your browser upon hearing, "Coming soon to an Internet near you: poop.computer!"

It never redirected when I checked it out at the start, or at least if it did, it didn't surface the new URL.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Huh. Weird.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't get the point of the breaks in I Don't Even Own A Television. Like, I'm listening to it continuously. There's nothing to break to. I was literally listening to you 7 seconds ago, you really don't need to reintroduce yourselves.

It's a bit odd, but they literally take breaks, so I guess it's just them being transparent about a bit of the editing.

Also, it does make it a bit easier to remember who is who when they reinforce it like that.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
I don't mind the break, but what bothers me is that their jingles are almost twice as loud as the recorded audio, so for that reason their frequency bothers me.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Huh, maybe that's something to do with your audio settings? I think they're a bit louder, but only really the difference between people chatting and actual music.

At any rate, the jingles are great.

plot in sixty seeecoooonds~

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

DemonTrigger posted:

I like the bit where someone near the end mentions Frank West's book from FPlus Live 3, and you can hear Lemon :catstare: as he just goes "NO. DO NOT READ THAT.", followed by the description about how strong the reaction from the crowd was to that horrible, horrible thing.

There are like two stories I remember from FPlus Live 3. The first one is STOG's Christmas elf story, and the other is Do Unto Others. :cry:

The, uh, revulsion everyone in the room experienced when Frank West was talking about the dog dying was pretty intense.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

RyokoTK posted:

There are like two stories I remember from FPlus Live 3. The first one is STOG's Christmas elf story, and the other is Do Unto Others. :cry:
Come on, there's no way that you actually managed to forget Jimmyfranks's vagina computer reading.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I remember Bunnybread's dinosaur story the most, mainly because you can hear me cause the whole room to bust their asses laughing twice in the recording.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

pulp rag posted:

Bunnybread's dinosaur story

You obviously didn't remember it that well.

edit: To sound like less of a total douche, Bunnybread did Trolling for Pussyyyyyyy while Boots did the dinosaur story.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

gently caress, you're right. I always mix their names up. It's the B's.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Come on, there's no way that you actually managed to forget Jimmyfranks's vagina computer reading.

I was pretty drunk.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm just sad Twisted was relegated to a bit reading instead of being the subject of multiple episodes as nature so obviously intended. loving rollercoasters!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I actually know the person who sent that in, and it's just so great. I told her to pitch it as 'okay, imagine every modern paranormal werewolf romance story, except instead of a wolf, he's a roller coaster.'

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mors Rattus posted:

I actually know the person who sent that in, and it's just so great. I told her to pitch it as 'okay, imagine every modern paranormal werewolf romance story, except instead of a wolf, he's a roller coaster.'

Fortunately there's a thread of annotated reading of Twisted on these very forums.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Where is this Twisted thread? I have archives but I can't seem to find it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Where is this Twisted thread? I have archives but I can't seem to find it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3535471

Should be it, it' probably one of the best projects ever to grace the SA.

Unfortunately Miranda the author has deleted her web presentation, so some of the links to Twisted visuals no longer work.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

steinrokkan posted:

Unfortunately Miranda the author has deleted her web presentation, so some of the links to Twisted visuals no longer work.
The Wayback has them.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The Wayback has them.

Awesome, I can'l imagine living in a world with no freely accessible pictures of hunky, smirking rollercoasters.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
My only regret is that I never bought one of the original run paperbacks. :smith:

I hope JosephWongKS does a comparison thread on the second draft at least. :allears:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

GoFundMe episode is up! Time to get really mad again!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
"I'm not saying these things shouldn't e- no, gently caress this, these things should not exist! And here's my proof, goddammit!"

:munch:

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Like, I think the Patreon episode was a little wacky, but after that I 600% agree with Lemon. Down with crowdfunding.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Lemon mis-attributes the content provider or wackily pronounces the provider's name should be a bingo square.

Caaaaaroliiiiiiine

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bean posted:

Like, I think the Patreon episode was a little wacky, but after that I 600% agree with Lemon. Down with crowdfunding.

My favorite part is a (now missing) comment where someone got really mad because GoFundMe helps transsexuals get their surgery, etc. And one of the exact situations they mention in the end of the episode is how it makes sense for surgery costs. :downs:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Bean posted:

The targets they took during the Patreon episode weren't the best I have to say. I seem to recall it all being web comic authors but if they branched out and covered shitfucks like Davus Aurini or whatever it'd have gotten the point across better.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
I have to say I think this is my new favourite episode. It's a beautiful blend of all the right funny things.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Mods, please change my name to Pussy You Want To Know.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
While you're doing that rename me to Young Bi Lookin' Fly.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Midnight Voyager posted:

My favorite part is a (now missing) comment where someone got really mad because GoFundMe helps transsexuals get their surgery, etc. And one of the exact situations they mention in the end of the episode is how it makes sense for surgery costs. :downs:
Wait, what? You don't even have to listen to the episode; the post itself mentions that. :psyduck:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Midnight Voyager posted:

Right after the episode was posted I scrolled down to the comments, saw several starting with "I haven't listened to the episode but...", and just scroooolled right back up again.

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

dijon du jour posted:

Right after the episode was posted I scrolled down to the comments, saw several starting with "I haven't listened to the episode but...", and just scroooolled right back up again.

Yeah. We lost those comments somehow. Must have just, uh, fallen off a bridge or something.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

BootsRaingear posted:

Yeah. We lost those comments somehow. Must have just, uh, fallen off a bridge or something.

:perfect:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
How long before we end up with a thefpl.us comments episode?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
That should be episode 200.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

RyokoTK posted:

That should be episode 200.
God, I hope not; I wasn't being serious. When they're bad, they're the worst kind of boring-bad bickering imaginable.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm putting together a ballpit doc.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

MooCowlian posted:

I'm putting together a ballpit doc.

"Alright Boots Raingear, you are 'Lemon,' halfway down the page."

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
They should crowdsource people reading the content in their best Ridiculist voice.

A cacophony of fat voices all at once. Just imagine it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

Hey, looks like Lemon updated the site with a new random button. Looks like it was made by an incredibly cool and handsome guy that isn't me.

But, in all seriousness, it was a fun 2-day project. Lemon put the shout-out on Twitter and I guess I was the only one to give it a shot. Really chill client, and it was a nice opportunity to help out my favorite podcast. Great morale boost for doing my first real project since graduating university a few months ago.