Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Nativity In Black posted:

I think I saw it in USPol, but not sure if it got mentioned here: The OK Republican party is taking some heat for posting Asay.txt to their facebook page.

http://kfor.com/2015/07/14/oklahoma-republican-party-under-fire-after-controversial-facebook-post/

Good response by the OK DHS, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
All of you badmouthing that Latuff are being mega-retarded and completely missing the point

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Small Frozen Thing posted:

All of you badmouthing that Latuff are being mega-retarded and completely missing the point

all you one guy

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

fool_of_sound posted:

all you one guy

Three actually

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

all you one guy

No, I did it too and if that's mega-retarded I suppose I'm a mega-retard :)

(this is a better reaction than the one he had to the Cuba deal which was more along the lines of "Okay but the US isn't doing what I want them to do for ideologically pure reasons so I'm still mad" though)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I never said night shift work was easy, just that people did it and it was clearly harder than living without stars. I was only talking about the impact of lack of stars. Re-read my post; you're arguing with yourself.

Stultus Maximus posted:

But please, continue posting like a retard.

:ironicat:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

loquacius posted:

I should have figured that Latuff's depiction of the Iran deal wouldn't involve Obama at all :allears:

The Iran nuclear talks could be summed up as a kind of diplomatic game of chess between Iran and Israel, right?

I didn't realize the P5 + 1 just consisted of Obama.

The only person being willfully dense here is you. :shrug:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gravel Gravy posted:

I didn't realize the P5 + 1 just consisted of Obama.

The only person being willfully dense here is you. :shrug:

uh

I am unclear as to what you think my post was trying to say, but it sure isn't that, bud

(to spell it out, it was "rather than give Obama any credit for a historic peace deal bringing relief to the people of Iran, Latuff is showing the Iran peace deals as a sick burn Rouhani is making on Israel and not even drawing Obama at all, which is funny, because that is consistent with Latuff's established character") (that isn't even particularly strong of a criticism; this thread gets really defensive about Latuff sometimes) (the person who dropped "willfully dense" was D.N. Nation literally seven posts before yours)

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

loquacius posted:

uh

I am unclear as to what you think my post was trying to say, but it sure isn't that, bud
(to spell it out, it was "rather than give Obama any credit for a historic peace deal bringing relief to the people of Iran, Latuff is showing the Iran peace deals as a sick burn Rouhani is making on Israel and not even drawing Obama at all, which is funny, because that is consistent with Latuff's established character")

The understanding I took from it is you were criticizing that the cartoon didn't put Obama as the focal point for the deal's success in the cartoon. Which seems rather unnecessary when he represented the group negotiating well enough. Adding another character would just clutter the message that the guy wanted to convey.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Nosfereefer posted:

I don't really see any contradictions with those cartoons though? That the motivations for lifting the embargo not being entirely benign still doesn't invalidate the criticism against the embargo to begin with?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 15, 2015

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Yes yes Latuff is a leftwing Anti-US nutbar but even broken clocks can be right two times a day and if we are going to spend more time arguing about the message a cartoon didn't convey instead of what the cartoon is conveying then we're in for a long day.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Shock and horror as goons find out someone thinks the USA is bad for legitimate reasons.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zaphod42 posted:

I never said night shift work was easy, just that people did it and it was clearly harder than living without stars. I was only talking about the impact of lack of stars. Re-read my post; you're arguing with yourself.

:ironicat:

No, you redefined "light pollution" to mean "unable to see stars" and then proceeded to attack the idea that light pollution could cause health problems despite a large body of evidence that light pollution causes health problems. You also minimized the impact of night shift work despite a large body of evidence that night shift work has significant long term physiological and cognitive consequences.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Cabinet posted:

Shock and horror as goons find out someone thinks the USA is bad for legitimate reasons.

You're an idiot.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Cabinet posted:

I too think that the US invading Ukraine by Russian proxy was a dickish move.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Shut up and post some cartoons.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
I don't really see any contradictions with those cartoons though? That the motivations for lifting the embargo not being entirely benign still doesn't invalidate the criticism against the embargo to begin with?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

You're an idiot.

Latuff is good actually, sorry.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
So guess which thread favorite has gotten a article written about him on Gawker?

http://internet.gawker.com/how-a-sesame-street-illustrator-became-the-truther-scen-1717488190

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
I actually think it's this thread that makes people irrationally angry at just about anything.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

This is an extremely good comic and I just love every single panel besides the first. The Walker vs. Chapo comparison, Atticus connected to a dry California joke, hidden costs removing Iran from history and mythology, all good stuff.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

So guess which thread favorite has gotten a article written about him on Gawker?

http://internet.gawker.com/how-a-sesame-street-illustrator-became-the-truther-scen-1717488190

Dees looks pretty Carrot Toppish there.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

There is nothing positive about the USA and anything saying otherwise is propaganda.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

1 lmao
5 :what:

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Crowsbeak posted:

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to write an article about him. Sure, most people don't know or care who he is, but like the article says his fever-dream images show up on conspiracy sites pretty often. His story of being a Sesame Street artist turned full-on "every conspiracy is true" nutjob is a pretty interesting one, too.

edit:

That poor kid's mouth fell off in his glass! :(

KillerJunglist fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 15, 2015

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

carry on then posted:

There is nothing positive about the USA and anything saying otherwise is propaganda.

What's that?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Stultus Maximus posted:

You also minimized the impact of night shift work despite a large body of evidence that night shift work has significant long term physiological and cognitive consequences.

No I loving did not. You're making this poo poo up.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Democrats are the real racists because Democrats of the 19th century were behind the Confederacy and Democrats are the real racists because the Democrats want to get rid of the Confederate flag because it offends the blacks, who are the real racists because, uh, Sharpton I guess

Iron-clad logic. These loving people, I swear.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
An enlightening article about everyone's favorite conspiracy theorist/warrior against ZOG oppression: http://internet.gawker.com/how-a-sesame-street-illustrator-became-the-truther-scen-1717488190

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

carry on then posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I feel bad for Dees because he seems to be suffering from serious mental illnesses but jesus that shoe picture always cracks me up.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Nice meltdown.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah you did

Zaphod42 posted:

Light pollution refers to not being able to see the stars. Nobody's becoming an insomniac solely because they can't see stars. People get by in submarines for crying out loud. Other people work night shifts and sleep during the day. Seeing daylight sure makes it harder to sleep, but lack of stars? And even if it causes a little insomnia, enough to cause a heart attack or obesity? Its a stretch to the point of disbelief.

If some rear end in a top hat has a spot light or a neon sign right outside your window, that's different. But yeah buy some blackout curtains.

Its lame that you can't see all the millions of stars if you live in a city, but its not literally killing you. Go out to the country once every few months and take a gander.

Right there. "people get by" "a little insomnia"
"a stretch to the point of disbelief"

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time
come on grab your friends
Here is a neat documentary on light pollution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Q_fWil-1E

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cabinet posted:

I feel bad for Dees because he seems to be suffering from serious mental illnesses but jesus that shoe picture always cracks me up.

there is no "seems to be", he is literally schizophrenic

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yeah you did

Right there. "people get by" "a little insomnia"
"a stretch to the point of disbelief"

"a little insomnia" and "a stretch to the point of disbelief" were both referring to not having stars. I wasn't talking about working night jobs there.

"people get by" was the only comment I made on people working night jobs, point being that those situations actually do cause negative effects but lots of people do it anyways. The point there was only to contrast something that actually causes problems with something that doesn't nearly as much.

Zaphod42 posted:

Seeing daylight sure makes it harder to sleep, but lack of stars?

You're being intentionally obtuse to pick a fight. I couldn't have been any clearer there.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Crowsbeak posted:

I never pictured Dees so young. I always figured he was an old man who grew up on Cold War propaganda and managed to hamfist his way around Photoshop.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

One more late-breaking Branco:

SILENCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Haha he's ripping on an email image macro for that one.

• Locked thread