Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Bogan Krkic posted:

This mentality is why people think that Rooney is any good when in fact he's poo poo but runs a lot and scores a screamer every so often

Big LVG is gonna stick him back up front and you'll be eating these words next season. No more languishing in midfield getting frustrated and elbowing people in the face or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Osvaldo is headed to Cruz Azul, they posted a story on their web site confirming he's coming in for a medical.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Nicolas Lombaerts is NOT joining Sunderland. They said he failed his medical, he says he doesn't want to go to Sunderland. :iiam:

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

49 million loving pounds.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Bogan Krkic posted:

This mentality is why people think that Rooney is any good when in fact he's poo poo but runs a lot and scores a screamer every so often

A midfielder not defending is criminal imo.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

opus111 posted:

Big LVG is gonna stick him back up front and you'll be eating these words next season. No more languishing in midfield getting frustrated and elbowing people in the face or anything.

hes going to score loads of goals and finally put this nonsense about him not being a top top striker to bed

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
The RvP deal is not, in fact, done: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/15/manchester-united-fenerbahce-robin-van-persie?CMP=share_btn_tw

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

quote:

Robert Lewandowski has also been linked with a move to Old Trafford but the striker’s agent insists it would cost at least €50m (£35m) to persuade Bayern Munich to sell his client.

Lol yeah, I'm sure £35m would do it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Osvaldo is headed to Cruz Azul, they posted a story on their web site confirming he's coming in for a medical.

Lmao

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lol it's nothing better than he deserves, the twat. Glad we got shot of him

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Thirteenth Step posted:

49 million loving pounds.
Good post-av combo.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Some HSV-news.

Jonathan Tah will probably finalise a deal with Bayer Leverkusen (€10 mio), and Albin Ekdal will go on a medical at HSV tomorrow. Both will soon be in bold.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://www.teamtalk.com/southampton/9913735/-

The Link Above posted:

Southampton will now reportedly look to strengthen their defence, with Celtic star Virgil van Dijk their main target.

Ha, what? Oh it's TeamTalk

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Stuart Downing to Boro for a reported £7 million. Done deal.

A massive, massive signing. Shades of Merson.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

azathosk posted:

Some HSV-news.

Do they have a cream for that?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Pissflaps posted:

Stuart Downing to Boro for a reported £7 million. Done deal.

A massive, massive signing. Shades of Merson.

I don't see it on Boro's site Flaps.

You might want to edit your post.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Leon Britton has signed for Swansea u21s and makes his debut in half an hour against Wrexham at the field near the Liberty where we make the kids train.

Wonder if he'll regret skipping the proper training camp in Germany when he has to put the nets up and run the line after he gets subbed off for wonderkid... er... Thomas Dyson?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Moha El Ouriachi moving from Barcalona to Stoke City is a done deal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ewar Woowar posted:

What makes you think that? Sterling is good and is more than just a pace merchant but he still relies on it an awful amount. Coutinho for me has way more potential as he's got far more of a football brain. As long as he doesn't go the BrazilIan route of getting fat and partying too much I think he'll be incredible.

Coutinho is three years older and has been playing first team football longer. Plus I think Liverpool fans generally overrate Coutinho and underrate Sterling.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

JFairfax posted:

Moha El Ouriachi moving from Barcalona to Stoke City is a done deal.

Lets see some links, son.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Gigi Galli posted:

Lets see some links, son.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33533336

Jamsta fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 15, 2015

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/moha-completes-city-switch-2547775.aspx

It seems as though its been done for a while really, I don't know why its taken so long to confirm it.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Will lol forever if United sign benteke and Liverpool fans fall over themselves saying they never wanted him anyway

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Only club websites or twitter feeds for boldings. Linking a god drat BBC article, shameful.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hegay posted:

Only club websites or twitter feeds for boldings. Linking a god drat BBC article, shameful.

Meat Wagon posted:

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/moha-completes-city-switch-2547775.aspx

It seems as though its been done for a while really, I don't know why its taken so long to confirm it.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

yes yes I saw, but maybe Jamsta didnt know. This is a dangerous thread and we have to look out for each other

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

ayb posted:

Will lol forever if United sign benteke and Liverpool fans fall over themselves saying they never wanted him anyway
I did never really want him anyway

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Whole bunch of prickly ABL posts since we sold Sterling for loads more than anyone was expecting haha

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

ayb posted:

united fans don't want him either

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Sterling will be good, but that price is desperation in terms of homegrown-players-that-aren't-poo poo-and-are-available sum. He is so young and with the cost of some other players these days, as long as he is at least reliable for City for the next 4-5 seasons, it really isn't that insane.

If he turns to poo poo, that's the risk of spending a lot on a young and somewhat unproven player, we all know this.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Freddy Adu to Tampa Bay Rowdies. Done deal.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I dislike Man Utd more than any other club but I'd rather Benteke go there than liverpool because he is too good for Liverpool

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Hegay posted:

yes yes I saw, but maybe Jamsta didnt know. This is a dangerous thread and we have to look out for each other

I didn't do the boldings :P Also BBC are a reputable sauce.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Frankston posted:

I dislike Man Utd more than any other club but I'd rather Benteke go there than liverpool because he is too good for Liverpool
he's, but i would like him to stay and play one more season for tactics tim

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Ape Gone Insane posted:

united fans don't want him either

I would quite like him.

Although £32m is a bit much.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Lot 49 posted:

I would quite like him.

I was about to post the same. Benteke is a beast who wins all the headers. He would have been perfect for the hoof and run tactics of the last two years

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lot 49 posted:

I would quite like him.

Man Utd have basically unlimited money for transfers

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Benteke will fail if he goes to a top club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

euroboy posted:

Benteke will fail if he goes to a top club.

Yes but how do you think he will do for Liverpool?

• Locked thread