Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
But let's not forget that time they killed a node and saved Test's entire carrier fleet by fat fingering a system name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Remember that time that CCP was really bad and incompetent at everything

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ChickenWing posted:

You mean- all the time?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Kind of impressive that 6hours later and they still haven't said what's actually wrong. Fozziesov must have proper broke something.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

They saw that goons were winning fozziesov already and they're trying to figure out how to make that not the case.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

ChickenWing posted:

It's called CE.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Will there be a proper goon rush when they turn the servers back on or are goons just going to half rear end it?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I unironically wanted to log in today and help out the Pure Blind ADM because its easy to run my afktars at work but the drat thing has been down for hours :cripes:

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Hexel posted:

I unironically wanted to log in today and help out the Pure Blind ADM because its easy to run my afktars at work but the drat thing has been down for hours :cripes:

What's ADM?

edit: oh, active defense multiplier. Yeah, no, an ADM >3 means the attacker is committing to sitting around for a long while such that even goons can form up.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Activity Defense Multiplier. The more you do pve poo poo in a system, constellation, region the longer it takes somebody to gently caress with it in fozziesov.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Foehammer007 posted:

I'm assuming it was one TCU and 1.0x systems, because it take 25 min at least for one sov structure with t1 entosis. :suicide:

It takes 3 cycles to reinforce a 1x ADM system TCU with no Ihub. The T1 entosis link has 5 minute cycle time. The systems I reinforced were EI-O0O and Z9PP-H.

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 15, 2015

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Hexel posted:

Activity Defense Multiplier. The more you do pve poo poo in a system, constellation, region the longer it takes somebody to gently caress with it in fozziesov.

Is there somewhere we can see the ADM for individual systems? It would be kind of nice to know where in Dek the alliance would benefit from members ratting in.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

jassi007 posted:

Is there somewhere we can see the ADM for individual systems? It would be kind of nice to know where in Dek the alliance would benefit from members ratting in.

Deklein is nigh impregnable http://evemaps.dotlan.net/region/Deklein/structures

but Pure Blind needs some help because it was a useless wasteland for years but not anymore http://evemaps.dotlan.net/region/Pure_Blind/structures

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

jassi007 posted:

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/region/Deklein/structures

efb

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Fortress Deklein stands firm :patriot:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

who would have thought the sov system designed to actively reward those who actually live in it would benefit us the most

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Glory of Arioch posted:

who would have thought the sov system designed to actively reward those who actually live in it would benefit us the most

B-but it was supposed to Destroy Goons Forever™ and Help the Little Guy®. :ohdear:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
sure would be nice if my launcher weren't making GBS threads itself, including the repair tool, and i could see for myself

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

sure would be nice if my launcher weren't making GBS threads itself, including the repair tool, and i could see for myself
Nobody can, the whole shebang is dead. Somebody made a boo-boo while trying to fix some code this morning.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5888724

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Klyith posted:

Nobody can, the whole shebang is dead. Somebody made a boo-boo while trying to fix some code this morning.

Oh, okay. I knew it was a mass issue but it sounded like people were starting to get through.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I am now in Hole Squad and can confirm, they are on that real poo poo.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
never fear, the sqwid is here :buttfame:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Klyith posted:

problem with the player database, someone probably used the ol' 'drop tables' name for their character

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

evilweasel posted:

problem with the player database, someone probably used the ol' 'drop tables' name for their character

Is that the one where somebody in a cheetah types a unicode character in local and everyones client crashes?

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Hexel posted:

Is that the one where somebody in a cheetah types a unicode character in local and everyones client crashes?

I really hope this is a thing.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Agrikk posted:

RIP evoke whenever - 2012

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Agrikk posted:

It was, EVOKE did it and crashed clients from it.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Agrikk posted:

Its on the wiki somewheres in the history section, something about an evoke cheetah that could make everybody in system disconnect.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who here is hoping CCP accidentally deleted the entire game?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Unfunny Poster posted:

free skillpoint remap based on account age. I'd win the game, I have a 6m sp account from 2006 rofl.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Unfunny Poster posted:

Noooo I just finished JDC 5 and T2 Triage training.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

vyst posted:

It was, EVOKE did it and crashed clients from it.

That's fantastic. There isn't a :ccp: big enough.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jassi007 posted:

free skillpoint remap based on account age. I'd win the game, I have a 6m sp account from 2006 rofl.

Nah, PL will just become a Rocket League Pro-Team if EVE was deleted.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zakrello posted:

spais shall be exited to see this ping

Shut up.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CashEnsign posted:

Will there be a proper goon rush when they turn the servers back on or are goons just going to half rear end it?

90% of goons will half rear end it, but 10% left over are mega spergy and basically unemployable as anything but an internet spaceship person and will make up for the other 90% through the power of autism.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
I could be entirely wrong about this, but as the scale of the social dynamics of Eve has increased over the years, it seems CCP should have employed a social psych guy or a poli sci guy in addition to their economist. We repeatedly have seen in the last year or so the intriguing outcomes of what happens when people who prefer small scale groups (and thus their primary gameplay experience and social experience is with the same small handfuls or tens of humans) apply whatever the hell it is they think will nerf, break up, or impact vast social communities of tens of thousands despite an apparent total incomprehension of how said communities work in reality.

Pretty much every mechanics change that has been thrown at organized nullsec communities since Greyscale and Phoebe with the overt intention of reducing their scale, organization or power has done exactly the opposite. It's like the scene at the start of the Fifth Element where the Navy keeps shooting nukes at the Big Evil Thing and only makes it stronger and more deadly each time they do so. The weaker and less organized competition collapses utterly, the strong grow stronger and immediately make deals to enjoy ever-larger slices of the pie (since so much competition has conveniently been swept away by raising the difficulty level) and cackle while contemplating ways to amuse themselves at the expense of everyone else not part of the G8.. er, I meant J5. There's some kind of international relations metaphor to be made here, one suspects, as well as jokes about pictures of Elise Randolph, myself and UAxDeath Yalta-confing it up while clubbing in Vegas.

In completely unrelated news to the above - no connection whatsoever - I'm legit disappointed that I can't actually log into Eve's client and wreak havoc today. There's so much to do in this beautiful lovely new system, alas~

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Numismancer posted:

The Fifth Element

:3:

I saw this poo poo like last week.

It's terribly good.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Within 24 hours, I shall have successfully employed the term "yalta-confing it up" in casual conversation.

This I vow.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'd actually be quite interested to see how extensive their backup system must be - have they kept everything from the start of the game, or only the most recent week/month etc?

Also, on a side note, as a 2-year old sperge EVE player I've missed out on a lot of things in the past (reading extensively on the internets doesn't catch up for being there) - have they ever had to do a rollback to a backup of any sort because something horribly broke sov/the market or something? (I don't mean in terms of getting rid of mines/teams/other features etc, actually having to roll the game back into the past.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Cannon_Fodder posted:

:3:

I saw this poo poo like last week.

It's terribly good.

I am sure it is the best movie ever made.

• Locked thread