Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

iNeed seems more popular these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Tzarnal posted:

This is actually pretty drat nice. But you asked for some feedback so and I have some nits to pick that you'll probably ignore.

The Dwemer contraption in the magic/alchemy section could stand to be a little quieter and or have a smaller range on its sound, its a little distracting.
Jumping will make lights flicker and grey areas show up in the distance, especially when facing towards the open bedroom.
I'd love to see an autosorter but I get you're probably not intersted in implementing one.

Could someone with an accomplished character available show a few screenshots of the additional decorations and features that show up ?

Nah I was joking about ignoring it, I'm completely looking for feedback on stuff like that because it's hard to catch myself. Goons: my personal beta testers.

The dwemer pipes thing was the audio bug I talked about, they are cool in practice but yeah get old and don't work super well once the novelty wears off. I would've fixed them earlier but the sound is tied to the mesh which is buried in the vanilla .bsa. I'll get to it soon though, as I feel the same way.

Never tried the jumping thing, the lighting is a colossal bitch in a space this compact, it was even worse in the original Rayek because he didn't use room bounds or anything, but I'll see what I can do. i cannot make promises though because I pretty much have to settle on what works best in the most situations, it's always fix one and create 2 new ones.

I can post up some screens with all the objects visible, I'll do that sometime today. It's basically a straight pull from Thornrock on Nexus if you want to get an idea though. I wasn't going to remake something already put together so well. I just fixed a couple small bugs in the script.

And I do have some plans for auto-sorting, just not quite there yet. Do u have any well made examples Iyou know from other mods? Learning from them makes things way easier to get right on the first pass.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 15, 2015

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

How hosed am I if I have around 140 active mods, but want to install Hearthfire? I have DG and DB, but never got round to getting HF. Now I've seen a few mods I want that require it, and just want to know if installing HF would ruin my setup.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Nymix posted:

How hosed am I if I have around 140 active mods, but want to install Hearthfire? I have DG and DB, but never got round to getting HF. Now I've seen a few mods I want that require it, and just want to know if installing HF would ruin my setup.
Go check the readmes and/or description pages for the mods you're using if any of them are incompatible with Hearthfire and if so, if compatiblity patches are available.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mazz posted:

Nah I was joking about ignoring it, I'm completely looking for feedback on stuff like that because it's hard to catch myself. Goons: my personal beta testers.

The dwemer pipes thing was the audio bug I talked about, they are cool in practice but yeah get old and don't work super well once the novelty wears off. I would've fixed them earlier but the sound is tied to the mesh which is buried in the vanilla .bsa. I'll get to it soon though, as I feel the same way.

Never tried the jumping thing, the lighting is a colossal bitch in a space this compact, it was even worse in the original Rayek because he didn't use room bounds or anything, but I'll see what I can do. i cannot make promises though because I pretty much have to settle on what works best in the most situations, it's always fix one and create 2 new ones.

I can post up some screens with all the objects visible, I'll do that sometime today. It's basically a straight pull from Thornrock on Nexus if you want to get an idea though. I wasn't going to remake something already put together so well. I just fixed a couple small bugs in the script.

And I do have some plans for auto-sorting, just not quite there yet. Do u have any well made examples Iyou know from other mods? Learning from them makes things way easier to get right on the first pass.

For auto-sorting, I recommend Leaf Rest. This mod is shaping up to be quite cozy.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Raygereio posted:

Go check the readmes and/or description pages for the mods you're using if any of them are incompatible with Hearthfire and if so, if compatiblity patches are available.

Provided none are incompatible, is it safe to assume that installing HF won't overwrite poo poo added by mods? Forgive my not knowing poo poo here, I'm severely dense when it comes to stuff like this, and I figure it's safer to have assurances from people who know way more.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Tzarnal posted:

Jumping will make lights flicker and grey areas show up in the distance, especially when facing towards the open bedroom.

Quoting this again, but do you have specific locations of this? I cannot get it to happen except from right at the bedroom doorway looking either direction, and it's completely fixable by raising the portal bounds in that doorway. This is something I would've never found on my own :hfive:

Also, working on getting you a functioning display screenshot pointed out that the mask displays were indeed hosed (extra textures on the mask, easy fix), so thank you for that too.

Nymix posted:

Provided none are incompatible, is it safe to assume that installing HF won't overwrite poo poo added by mods? Forgive my not knowing poo poo here, I'm severely dense when it comes to stuff like this, and I figure it's safer to have assurances from people who know way more.

Hearthfire shouldn't touch anything to do with mods unless the mods use those assets and assume Hearthfire isn't already active (which is generally something you'd have to tell them in the installation process), or are putting things in the exact same spots, which they should definitely be telling you about in the descriptions and such. But no, the way the load order thing works is if Hearthfire and its USKP file is loaded early in the order, things will overwrite it as they should. This assumes you aren't putting things directly in the skyrim data directory, which good god I hope you aren't for sanity's sake.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 15, 2015

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Mazz posted:

Hearthfire shouldn't touch anything to do with mods unless the mods use those assets and assume Hearthfire isn't already active (which is generally something you'd have to tell them in the installation process), or are putting things in the exact same spots, which they should definitely be telling you about in the descriptions and such. But no, the way the load order thing works is if Hearthfire and its USKP file is loaded early in the order, things will overwrite it as they should. This assumes you aren't putting things directly in the skyrim data directory, which good god I hope you aren't for sanity's sake.

Perfect, thankyou! Got it installed, everything seems fine. No CTDs at least.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Nymix posted:

Perfect, thankyou! Got it installed, everything seems fine. No CTDs at least.

Your repayment can be ridiculing my mistakes in the house mod :)

Here's a couple display screenshots while I get the rest fixed and/or override the scripts to make them visible.

Books room:

Claws:

Gotta fix the Miraak display since apparently there are 7 versions of that mask as a levelled item :suicide:

Also, ignore any symmetry stuff, I'll get that now in the CK.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are there any house mods that let you activate the quest-related displays you want and hide the rest somehow? It's really nice to have a display for claws or masks or whatever but seems like most of the trophy houses assume you're doing all quests on one character and have spots for everything under the sun including guild stuff. I'm using Leaf Rest right now which doesn't have any active displays but does let you alter some of the interior fixtures and swap them out for other things which was what got me thinking about it as a possibility. I think my ideal trophy room would be a single room with modular displays, or that had some manner of shelf that would collect and show whatever I put on it vs being specific to claws or whatever. I know there was some sort of bookshelf mod that kind of did that but I was thinking it was pretty broken.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Everything Burrito posted:

Are there any house mods that let you activate the quest-related displays you want and hide the rest somehow? It's really nice to have a display for claws or masks or whatever but seems like most of the trophy houses assume you're doing all quests on one character and have spots for everything under the sun including guild stuff. I'm using Leaf Rest right now which doesn't have any active displays but does let you alter some of the interior fixtures and swap them out for other things which was what got me thinking about it as a possibility. I think my ideal trophy room would be a single room with modular displays, or that had some manner of shelf that would collect and show whatever I put on it vs being specific to claws or whatever. I know there was some sort of bookshelf mod that kind of did that but I was thinking it was pretty broken.

The best you'll probably do in that regard is using Jaxonz positioner and looking up itemIDs in the console. Making stuff really dynamic is a lot more complicated then just doing that way, and I feel like most modders just tell you to do that instead of doing it all in the CK.

I personally won't have a version like that because I play the way you mentioned and it's a lot of extra work for something I likely won't use.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Mazz posted:

Just playing around with Dual Sheath Redux at the minute. Once I'm done, I'll download that and get my critic hat on. So happy someone decided to carry the torch with Rayek's end. I'd be happy to pass feedback. :sun:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mazz posted:

The best you'll probably do in that regard is using Jaxonz positioner and looking up itemIDs in the console. Making stuff really dynamic is a lot more complicated then just doing that way, and I feel like most modders just tell you to do that instead of doing it all in the CK.

I personally won't have a version like that because I play the way you mentioned and it's a lot of extra work for something I likely won't use.

Yeah that's what I've ended up doing and just avoiding most of the houses with the big displays because it's just TOO MUCH for my play style. I like how storage is done in some of Elianora's homes so I use them when I want to feel fancy and/or am too lazy to position everything myself. I like how her houses tend to be really small and cozy as well, but they're not so good if I have a bunch of followers bouncing around after me.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mazz posted:

Here's a couple display screenshots while I get the rest fixed and/or override the scripts to make them visible.

Books room:

Claws:

Gotta fix the Miraak display since apparently there are 7 versions of that mask as a levelled item :suicide:

Also, ignore any symmetry stuff, I'll get that now in the CK.

What are the Fabergé egg-looking things in the second picture, in front of the masks?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

LoonShia posted:

What are the Fabergé egg-looking things in the second picture, in front of the masks?
Paragons. They're keys for portals in Dawnguard's Forgotten Vale.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Everything Burrito posted:

Yeah that's what I've ended up doing and just avoiding most of the houses with the big displays because it's just TOO MUCH for my play style. I like how storage is done in some of Elianora's homes so I use them when I want to feel fancy and/or am too lazy to position everything myself. I like how her houses tend to be really small and cozy as well, but they're not so good if I have a bunch of followers bouncing around after me.

Yeah if you play thematically Elianora has some really great stuff, barring a couple little things that you can avoid/fix in the console. I personally don't play that way so this mod is more or less my response to that feeling; merging a lot of her work into one centralized location for an all-in-one character, for which I then used Rayek's End as the exterior shell because I love how its set up and it saves me from having to do too much worldspace work. Along the way I improved/fixed things as I found mistakes, like she didn't have the Miraak masks in an array, and the quest scripting was wrong. Also turned out to be a really good loving way to learn how to use pretty much every part of the creation kit.

I've borrowed so much from those mods I couldn't possibly release a public version in good conscience without consent, but I'll get around to that part sooner or later. It's also the reason if you use the mod you'll notice everything is still labelled Rayek's End.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 15, 2015

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Anyone had any trouble updating to SkyUI5? I just want to know if I should expect anything, because there are a lot of weird bugs reported in their Nexus thread. I fired up the game and took a quick look at the new menus but nothing long enough to see if any issues would come up.

It requires the beta version of SKSE so I had to update that first, and as far as I could tell doing that didn't replace anything other than the old SKSE scripts, nothing added or tweaked by any other mods. I've just learned to be paranoid about Skyrim modding.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh nice they decided to release even after that shitstorm from a few weeks back.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Shitstorm?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
Here's those display screenshots.

I would've had a new release out a while ago addressing all the stuff brought up earlier but I've spent basically all night trying to fix an item problem with absolutely no luck.

In the second screenshot above, there is no armor showing on that middle stand. This initial problem was because the CK has a strange issue where things will throw warnings in the CK but remain visible, but not render in game. It happens with the static book models a lot where the havok engine fucks up and throws you a warning, and doesn't show the books in game but they remain in the .esp/show in CK.

In this case, armors like that aren't made to be static (NiNode instead of BSFadeNode in the mesh). So basically the first one in the mod will show (the fur armor on the next stand), but any added later will not.

Here's the same view from the CK:

There's two hosed up parts to this:
1. It seems to be limited to my mod. Elianora uses these types of items (static books, armors) all the time and they seem to work fine.

2. There is literally nothing I can do to fix this apparently. I've converted the .nifs to BSFadeNode, remade the static items, tried different armor meshes, renamed the .esp, copied the item over from Thornrock (where it works in game!); the motherfucker just won't show up. That mannequin next to it wearing the ebony mail? That's the loving armor showing up fine, just not as a static item.

It seems the problem has like hardcoded itself into my .esp and I can't fix it now that it has occurred. I can't find anything like this in my google searches either.

If anyone wants to take a look for me, the file I already released should have the items in question, just still disabled for the script. Just uncheck "initially disabled" in the edit window to get them to show. Because they are the wrong nodes, you have to select>edit them from the cell window.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jul 16, 2015

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

I think the risk of a Workshop-exclusive release of version 5.0 came to light during the great Steam mod-netization conspiracy back in April.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Welp Maz, you did it. Turned my favourite house mod into something even better. Only problem I'm getting is the missing texture purple thing for what I assume is a painting on the left wall in the study area. Other than that, I'm nowhere near competent enough to sort that other problem you have, but I'd say that you've done a great job. I use a pretty dark enb so it's hard for me to find houses that don't feel like they're lit like a crypt - but the lighting for this is faultless.

I went ahead and jumped right in front of the doorway to the bedroom as the other guy did, and got the dragon head above the bed to disappear momentarily. Who even thinks to jump into a door frame? :lol:

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

I've played Oblivion and Morrowind. I jump compulsivly in TES games. I just can't help it. Anytime I'm just going from point A to point B as quickly as I can there is going to be some jumps.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I want to play Oblivion again but with Skyrim's leveling/perk system. Basically Skyrim, but in Cyrodiil.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
Thanks.

I actually found a solution for all that, it's not as perfect as I'd like but good enough 99% of people won't notice the difference. Took me like 2 days though, thing just refused to work.

I fixed all the display stuff, the audio range on those pipes (way lower), reworked the display a little, and fixed a couple lighting things including the jump at the door.

Good call on the painting, forgot it gets the textures from Wyrmstooth in my game.

Gonna see about auto sort today, and a couple little things then I'll post up a new file link.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 17, 2015

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I'm having an issue with Dwemer Certified, that even though I have the prerequisite perks, I can't seem to build the Spider Dynamo Cores. They don't even show up in my crafting list. They exist, since I went into the Dwemer ruin near Dawnstar to fight a few and eventually got one, but I can't craft them. I'll have to buy my Enchanting up to 50 to see if it's the same case with the Sphere cores.

Otherwise having fun with the mod (once I was able to build my first spider, that is) and with my artificer/conjurer-type character in general. It's a pretty neat alternative to playing a stealth archer. I'm pretty eager to start exploring Trainwiz's areas in particular.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Tzarnal posted:

I've played Oblivion and Morrowind. I jump compulsivly in TES games. I just can't help it. Anytime I'm just going from point A to point B as quickly as I can there is going to be some jumps.

Skyrim enforces this habit on its own by repeatedly presenting "scale this mountain via repeated jumping" as a viable and worthwhile shortcut to the circuitous road and footpath network with signposts that contradict each other and lie to you. Even without playing Morrowind and Oblivion I jump all over the place in Skyrim.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Colgate posted:

I'm having an issue with Dwemer Certified, that even though I have the prerequisite perks, I can't seem to build the Spider Dynamo Cores. They don't even show up in my crafting list. They exist, since I went into the Dwemer ruin near Dawnstar to fight a few and eventually got one, but I can't craft them. I'll have to buy my Enchanting up to 50 to see if it's the same case with the Sphere cores.

Otherwise having fun with the mod (once I was able to build my first spider, that is) and with my artificer/conjurer-type character in general. It's a pretty neat alternative to playing a stealth archer. I'm pretty eager to start exploring Trainwiz's areas in particular.

I'm pretty sure you need both the enchanting and smithing perk.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

I'm pretty sure you need both the enchanting and smithing perk.

I have them both. I got the Smithing perk first. I am able to make the Spell Tomes from the first rank of the enchanting perk at the forge, as well as the plating/claws for the spider, but no cores.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Colgate posted:

I have them both. I got the Smithing perk first. I am able to make the Spell Tomes from the first rank of the enchanting perk at the forge, as well as the plating/claws for the spider, but no cores.

I honestly can't remember then its been a while. I'll crack open TESVedit later and take a look.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Colgate posted:

Sorry, doubleposting so I can make sure Colgate sees this: If you're using SPERG and my SPERG/Dwemer Certified patch, go download the brand new version.

Apparently, the Spider Core - and only the spider core - had a requirement for the first vanilla Enchanting perk, which SPERG of course doesn't give you. None of the other constructable objects in Dwemer Certified have this requirement!

Anyhow, the new 1.2 version of the compatibility patch fixes it. :)

EDIT: In case anyone cares, I've taken a small break from working on Last of the Dwemer to play New Vegas. :shobon:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 17, 2015

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Thanks! That's a real weird issue. I probably could've spent some money to get my Enchanting to 50 and used Spheres, but just getting by on one spider, a flame atronach and Uthgerd the Unbroken was becoming less feasible as I move up in levels. Looking forward to robbing Calcemo tonight.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
I'll see what I can do about this auto-sorting, but the guy behind Leaf Rest was out of his loving mind. This is some serious poo poo, he has like 60-70 scripts active.

I probably won't take it to this level, like sorting out different food ingredients, but I can probably sum it up well enough for major categories. May take a few days though, so if you guys want the updated copy without sorting, let me know.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jul 18, 2015

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

The sorting was a stretch goal, we won't hold it against you if it doesn't come out right. Just plonk down the current Mazzhaus + and we'll see what happens next.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

scamtank posted:

The sorting was a stretch goal, we won't hold it against you if it doesn't come out right. Just plonk down the current Mazzhaus + and we'll see what happens next.

The sorting is almost guaranteed to happen in some form because I'm interested in doing it, but that guy is loving crazy. He sorted out the different food types and has scripts to turn on and off all the fireplaces and stuff. I'll probably take that forge firing script because it's amazing, especially since he didn't leave the source .pscs so I have no idea how to rewrite it.

But yeah, I'll have a file out in a bit that will be up to date to before the autosorting addition. I decided to add/play around with some last minute stuff, like adding a couple Hearthfire planters. I'm gonna make sure I didn't gently caress anything up in the morning, then post it up.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Can't believe I missed this on the first pass, but I actually can't activate the display cases. Is this intentional? ie; manual placement of weapons? or is something borked?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Are there no papyrus decompilers around? With how crazy the TES modding community is, you'd think some of them have the chops to write one.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Smol posted:

Are there no papyrus decompilers around? With how crazy the TES modding community is, you'd think some of them have the chops to write one.
If you do a search for "decompiler" on the skyrim nexus you should find two.
You can also disassemble scripts using an executable that is included with the CK..

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 18, 2015

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Nymix posted:

Can't believe I missed this on the first pass, but I actually can't activate the display cases. Is this intentional? ie; manual placement of weapons? or is something borked?

I didn't add anything to the display cases, so they are vanilla in that they expect you to drop things in and then drag them around for placement. Honestly that whole room is boring to me, I'll probably add activators to the middle two cases and dump the outside two in favor of 4 more mannequins. If you guys have suggestions/ideas for that room let me know, it's the only part I feel could really be stepped up.

Smol posted:

They exist, but it came across as I read like none of them work that well. I'll see about that when I get around to that part, that is actually a stretch goal right now since it's all just visual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Mazz posted:

I didn't add anything to the display cases, so they are vanilla in that they expect you to drop things in and then drag them around for placement. Honestly that whole room is boring to me, I'll probably add activators to the middle two cases and dump the outside two in favor of 4 more mannequins. If you guys have suggestions/ideas for that room let me know, it's the only part I feel could really be stepped up.

In my eyes more mannequins are always welcome. The house lacks specific marked storage for Weapons/Armor/Jewelery/Shields so since its already an armory sort of locations it makes sense that if you put them anywhere, you put them there.

Personally I'd be tempted to deepen the area and put in more space to display additional weapons and shields. But I have to admit I have a serious problem with putting things on display, I love Jaggersfelds massive display hall. While frankly, its a little ugly and I fully realize most people probably dislike it.

Tzarnal fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 18, 2015

• Locked thread