Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aquasnake posted:

Can someone please elaborate on why everyone is in love with dual predator? I'm in NG+ about to get to Panessa. And if I remember correctly. Dual predator means you get three free long range silent takedowns... and that's it I think? Did I miss something awesome my first run through? It doesn't seem worth all the hype it gets.

in a game where you're being endlessly given dumb loving tank sections and car puzzles and annoying riddler poo poo, something like Dual Predator is heavenly and different and actually is cool because hey, it's Batman and Robin both teaming up to do cool poo poo.

Crowetron posted:

Honestly, I'm actually considering not even bothering with Batgirl and trading this game in somewhere while I can still actually get something for it. It's a gorgeous game, the punching is fantastic, and there's even a fair share of fun plot moments, but there's just so many huge lows that are making me not really want to pick it back up again any time soon. The barely existent challenge maps, the dull as hell tank fights, the nasty ratio of boring repetitive side-quests to actually good ones...

I'm on the same fence a bit. Like, all the cool poo poo like Season of Infamy and even potential Challenge Maps won't come till at least September or later, and by then I'd rather play Mad Max, MGSV, or Mario Maker. Beautiful game with good highs but they hosed up so many things it would have been easy to just not gently caress up.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Mazerunner posted:

The absolute best one is the one with one guy and 3 turrets.

He solves practical problems.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

redbackground posted:

RS probably realized that without XP coming from random fights, there was no incentive otherwise for the player to get mixed up in street fights. I still think removing that particular mode of xp collecting was dumb.
I actually think it might just be a bug - the loop for populating the island doesn't make Riddler bros, the one for replacing downed thugs does.

It's all guesswork, though.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

MinibarMatchman posted:

game is full of cool poo poo you can only do once or use in just one instance

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hey I did just about everything in the Batgirl DLC and theres something bothering me

In the building under the oil rig tower, and really pretty much all the easter eggs, if you use detective mode you can see an unarmed person, alive with similar animation like a hostage standing next to something hackable. I have not found a way to be able to enter it and seeing how Post Game doesn't have any NPCs you can talk too I'm wondering if it's just some kind of weird glitch.

Also isn't it kind of weird this DLC happens on Valentines Day? Maybe all the DLC will be on a holiday and we'll get some kind of Christmas themed Calender Man dlc finale

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm on the same fence a bit. Like, all the cool poo poo like Season of Infamy and even potential Challenge Maps won't come till at least September or later, and by then I'd rather play Mad Max, MGSV, or Mario Maker. Beautiful game with good highs but they hosed up so many things it would have been easy to just not gently caress up.

I was thinking about MGSV when making that last post, but holy poo poo I forgot the Mad Max game was coming out then, too. I was really hoping Arkham Knight would tied me over until September with fun punch-mans, but it's really barebones when it comes to the actually cool bits. It's a shame because these games are the closest modern games have to old school beat-em-ups (DMC-alikes are a lot more technical and I could easily be overlooking a million cool indie games I've never heard of tbh).

The Batmobile is the autoscrolling levels of the modern era.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crowetron posted:

I was thinking about MGSV when making that last post, but holy poo poo I forgot the Mad Max game was coming out then, too. I was really hoping Arkham Knight would tied me over until September with fun punch-mans, but it's really barebones when it comes to the actually cool bits. It's a shame because these games are the closest modern games have to old school beat-em-ups (DMC-alikes are a lot more technical and I could easily be overlooking a million cool indie games I've never heard of tbh).

There's the entire Dynasty Warriors franchise to be fair.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hey WB Games, an endless runner where Batman and Robin '66 punch people down a track please hire me

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

There's the entire Dynasty Warriors franchise to be fair.

gently caress, I have DW8 on my PS4 and I completely forgot about that.

Edit: actually, the Dynasty Warriors format would be pretty good for a Superman game.

Crowetron fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 15, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crowetron posted:

I was thinking about MGSV when making that last post, but holy poo poo I forgot the Mad Max game was coming out then, too

unfortunately given WB's record of bullshit this year, the fact that Mad Max is the last in their trifecta makes me extremely cautious.

kuribo's shoe thing is moot given we now will be able to actually create our own mario games full of shoes. I would have loved the option to custom make predator or even combat scenarios---I think that alone would be terrific but would never happen because they need your $40 for their own lovely maps

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

unfortunately given WB's record of bullshit this year, the fact that Mad Max is the last in their trifecta makes me extremely cautious.

kuribo's shoe thing is moot given we now will be able to actually create our own mario games full of shoes. I would have loved the option to custom make predator or even combat scenarios---I think that alone would be terrific but would never happen because they need your $40 for their own lovely maps

I'm a console guy so I've been spared the brunt of WB's incompetence these last few months.

Didn't Arkham Origins have some sort of create-a-challenge system? Or am I misremembering?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Crowetron posted:

I'm a console guy so I've been spared the brunt of WB's incompetence these last few months.

Didn't Arkham Origins have some sort of create-a-challenge system? Or am I misremembering?

They had an achievement for doing all the challenge maps with custom modifiers but no create-a-challenge system, no.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Crowetron posted:

The Batmobile is the autoscrolling levels of the modern era.

In that they're only really frustrating if you're bad, yes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Batmobile is boring because it has no real depth to it. You can't switch things up for fun even if you want to.

Your options in combat are "stay out of line, shoot enemy with cannon" and "stay out of line, shoot glowy point with vulcan" if you're feeling saucy. Your options when driving are "press afterburner, stay in sight." You get upgrades but they're only for tank mode and honestly swapping between them is only for flavor rather than distinct uses since otherwise you're probably just going to use drone hack.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The batmobile is cool.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
Actually it sucks.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Counterpoint: you suck

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The batmobile is okay.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Funky Valentine posted:

The batmobile is okay.

Counterpoint: you're okay.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Batmobile would be alright if it wasn't slower than gliding 90% of the time.

The tank combat was easy as all poo poo and took like 20 seconds so it never really bothered me even if it was way too frequent.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The batmobile is a solid 2.5 out of 5

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
A couple ending notes: It looks like Todd painted that new red hood/whatever symbol onto his chest- it's the same symbol that appears next to the building you enter for the endgame. The side columns in the newspapers have fully written stories in them, too. Once I finally get a computer that can run my copy, I'm going to have a lot of fun looking at all the conditionals and easter eggs they've layered this with.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

If you don't start all your travels by powersliding through groups of street thugs then hitting the afterburner down a straightaway and finally catapulting out of the Batmobile toward a grapnel point, what are you even doing with your life.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Also isn't it kind of weird this DLC happens on Valentines Day? Maybe all the DLC will be on a holiday and we'll get some kind of Christmas themed Calender Man dlc finale

The Joker clearly says killing off the children is his valentine's gift for Batman. :colbert:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

poptart_fairy posted:

The Joker clearly says killing off the children is his valentine's gift for Batman. :colbert:
Joker's actions throughout the games make a massive amount of sense in the context of a wife trying to reinvigorate a dying marriage.

Step one, get rid of those drat kids he brought into the relationship.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
The batmobile is actually kind of neat when you are using it for puzzles. Also, there was one riddle that was hard for me to do when I trying racing there with gliding alone, but when I drove the batmobile there, I made the time limit easily.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hulk Krogan posted:

If you don't start all your travels by powersliding through groups of street thugs then hitting the afterburner down a straightaway and finally catapulting out of the Batmobile toward a grapnel point, what are you even doing with your life.

I do start this but then the batmobile slips and slides all over the place like its wheels are made out of butter and I miss my target on the very first step so I just hop out and beat the thugs up instead.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Batmobile handles fine. Use the handbrake and boosts to controll slides. It's not hard.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Hey I did just about everything in the Batgirl DLC and theres something bothering me

In the building under the oil rig tower, and really pretty much all the easter eggs, if you use detective mode you can see an unarmed person, alive with similar animation like a hostage standing next to something hackable. I have not found a way to be able to enter it and seeing how Post Game doesn't have any NPCs you can talk too I'm wondering if it's just some kind of weird glitch.

I noticed that guy as well. I'm leaning more towards bug, but it could also be the hostage you rescue in the early goings. Don't you hack a scare tactic thing as your introduction to those to rescue him? I'm thinking it's him, but I couldn't figure out any way to get down to where that area is. The tapes were neat though.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Norns posted:

Batmobile handles fine. Use the handbrake and boosts to controll slides. It's not hard.

I think it's something you either feel or you don't. I fell into it and totally love it but I get how it would be tremendously offputting to someone who doesn't get it. It's definitely the thing that feels least like Batman in the game.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
I actually approached the game expecting the Batmobile to be a complete and total disaster, and was pleasantly surprised. It would be nice if I could drive it without having to constantly not touch the control stick to prevent oversteering, though.

On hard mode trying to avoid all the things while still finding time to fire at enemies is really, really tense IMO. I beat the hardest bomb challenge by constantly leaving the arena and circling around before I timed out. Alfred yelled at me a lot. :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Norns posted:

Or they could have made a giant loving tank that probably weighs multiple tons not have extremely slippery controls so I wouldn't have to.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Or you could get good

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Theeeere it is. Took you a few posts.

edit: vvv "lol get good scrub" is the most pathetic non-response someone can make re: a video game mechanic, hope this helps

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Well you were TRYING for it.:)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I am terrible at all driving games and I found the batmobiles controls were fine to me. Not too slippery.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Oh my god I am going to kill myself. I'm sitting at 99.4℅ completion here, and there are two Riddler trophies on one of the airships that have bugged out and I can't get them. They're behind security panels, and when I try to hack them, Riddler tells me I have to clear the room. There's nothing to clear, rear end in a top hat! Give me the trophies!

Anyone else found a solution to this that doesn't involve starting a New Game+? It'll take me loving hours to get back here. Apparently other people are having this issue, and it hasn't been patched since launch.

This is the first and last time I try to 100℅ one of these games, I swear.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Stop doing things that make you mad and watch the ending on youtube?

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Norns posted:

Stop doing things that make you mad and watch the ending on youtube?

I'm not mad, I just wondered if someone had a solution to the problem.

Edit: reading my own post I can see why you would think I was mad though. It's just frustrating cos I have like 10 trophies left to get :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Well don't kill yourself if you don't find a solution plz.

• Locked thread