Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Zoben posted:

I forgot if I posted this, some Bongripper fan art I did :)

This is fantastic, good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Thou has a few dates coming up in the future. I'll be hitting up the St. Vitus show. Can't wait for this.

Thou posted:

North east with False through the August 1st matinee, then the last three solo:

07.26 - New Orleans at Sisters in Christ with The Cloth and Baby Boy // Bryan

07.27 - Nashville with False // Tyler
07.28 - Pittsburgh at Roboto Project with False // Michael

07.29 - Toronto with False, Bastard Noise, and Pig Heart Transplant // Greg
07.30 - Montreal La Sala Rossa (4848 St-Laurent Blvd.) at Rrroooaaarrr Fest with False, Windhand, Show of Bedlam, Night Witches // Andrew
07.31 - New York with False // Fred
08.01 - New York (matinee) at ABC No Rio with False // Dyami

08.01 - DC at In It Together Fest with Full of Hell // Marshall
08.02 - Verona (matinee) at Art and Soul Tattoos (334 Lee Highway 24482) // Travis

08.02 - Knoxville // Michael

Body collaboration west coast tour with Heat Dust:

10.11.15 - fly day

10.12.15 - practice

10.13.15 - practice

10.14.15 - practice

10.15.15 - Tucson at 191 Toole at Southwest Terror Fest with In the Company of Serpents, Dead to a Dying World, Abstractor, Hanta, Gale, Methra // David

10.16.15 - Albuquerque // Daniel

10.17.15 - Colorado Springs (matinee) // Sean

10.17.15 - Denver // Ethan

10.18.15 - Salt Lake City with Sub Rosa // Jesse & Jon

10.19.15 - Reno // Clark

10.20.15 - Portland // Michelle

10.21.15 - Seattle with Dreamdecay // Justin

10.22.15 - Seattle (matinee) at KEXP // Tanner

10.22.15 - Olympia // Alex

10.23.15 - Portland (matinee) // Michelle

10.23.15 - Salem // Asa

10.24.15 - Arcata

10.25.15 - Santa Rosa (matinee) // Valentina Vargas

10.25.15 - Berkeley at 924 Gilman Street // Will

10.26.15 - Oakland at the Metro // Will

10.27.15 - Santa Cruz // Nick Bane

10.28.15 - San Luis Obispo with Hollow Sunshine // Eric

10.29,15 - Santa Barbara (matinee)

10.29.15 - San Diego // Blaine

10.30.15 - Lancaster at Moose Lodge // Zack Barrera

10.31.15 - Los Angeles at Super Chief Gallery // Zack Barrera

11.01.15 - Riverside at Blood Orange // Zack Barrera

Zoben posted:

I forgot if I posted this, some Bongripper fan art I did :)

I'd wear this shirt.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I'm going to the Knoxville Thou show. On the off chance someone else here is going it was rumored to be at the Poison Lawn (a garage show), but the new rumor is it will be at the Pilot Light. That said they are playing a matinee in Verona, Va the same day? That scheduling, because it is like a 5 hour drive to Knoxville from there.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

I'm about to go on tour again with my band Destroyer of Light and our friends Godhunter, thought you guys might wanna check it out. David Paul Seymour designed the tour posters, we have some limited screen printed versions of it. We just released another song from the split. Hope to see some goons out there, drink some beer and hang out.

Link to the videos, and songs : http://www.nocleansinging.com/2015/07/14/an-ncs-premiere-godhunter-and-destroyer-of-light/

Also an awesome video of how the cover art was made : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yapvwn5PTYw

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Oh man you are effectively playing next door to my apartment at a place I somehow never noticed until gently caress the Facts announced a show there. Maybe I'll see a goon band (probably not tho)

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Stoked for a new VHÖL album:

quote:

West Coast psychedelic thrash collective, VHÖL, which features vocalist Mike Scheidt (YOB), guitarist John Cobbett (Hammers Of Misfortune, ex-Ludicra), bassist Sigrid Sheie (Hammers Of Misfortune, ex-Amber Asylum) and drummer Aesop Dekker (Agalloch, Worm Ouroboros, ex-Ludicra) — will unleash its sophomore full-length this Fall via Profound Lore.

Titled Deeper Than Sky, the follow up to 2013’s self-titled debut, commended by Metal Assault for boasting, “seven neck-breaking slabs of crusty, swinging, dark heavy metal,” in a 9/10 review, was recorded at Light Rail Studios in San Francisco and mastered at Trakworx Studio (also in San Francisco).

Issues the band of the forthcoming release, “VHÖL continues to explore unbridled, high energy metal with very little digital processing, and lots of sounds, riffs and ideas flying around. This music is all about the ascending side of the manic curve.”

VHÖL’s Deeper Than Sky will be released via Profound Lore on October 23rd, 2015 with artwork, track listing and teasers to be revealed in the coming weeks.

http://www.earsplitcompound.com/sit...lore-this-fall/

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Posted this in the metal thread, but I guess I'll stick it here too since there are some appropriate bands in the lineup. For any Boston-area goons, O'Briens is hosting this thing this weekend.

http://www.vanyaland.com/2015/07/07...beers-festival/

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Saw the Melvins last night in Omaha and they were loving great as ever. Hadn't had the chance to see them since the 90s, so was good to see they are still kicking rear end. Le Butcherette killed as the opener too.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Enos Cabell posted:

Saw the Melvins last night in Omaha and they were loving great as ever. Hadn't had the chance to see them since the 90s, so was good to see they are still kicking rear end. Le Butcherette killed as the opener too.

Did the girl from Le Butcherettes come out to cover Bikini Kill with them? I was watching their show in KY on the Yahoo livestream and really enjoyed that (especially having seen the Melvins a ton of times starting in 1998). I loving love the Melvins :3:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

ChickenArise posted:

Did the girl from Le Butcherettes come out to cover Bikini Kill with them? I was watching their show in KY on the Yahoo livestream and really enjoyed that (especially having seen the Melvins a ton of times starting in 1998). I loving love the Melvins :3:

Yeah they did, and it was loving great. Such a high energy show for a Tuesday night, glad I took work off today!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Olde Growth is playing their last show on September 27th at the Middle East Upstairs. I'll be there, will you?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

Would have been nice to see if I wasn't four hours west til september, the odds of any non-country band showing up in central nebraska is absolutely zero. At least I'm in town this weekend for Torche/Melt Banana on Friday. I wasn't crazy about the latest album by Torche (too much of a return to their older sound) but still looking forward to it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just listened to Courtesy and Good Will toward Men by Harvey Milk. Such a good album.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Gils posted:

Would have been nice to see if I wasn't four hours west til september, the odds of any non-country band showing up in central nebraska is absolutely zero. At least I'm in town this weekend for Torche/Melt Banana on Friday. I wasn't crazy about the latest album by Torche (too much of a return to their older sound) but still looking forward to it.

I saw Torche recently and they were cool. Way more thunderous than I expected, somehow I think of them as sort of a pop band. I guess they sort of are for the genre. I've heard Melt Banana put on a great show too.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just listened to Courtesy and Good Will toward Men by Harvey Milk. Such a good album.

oh my god harvey milk loving OWNS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay9aBjrsjqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR8MNG1CTzQ

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

big scary monsters posted:

I saw Torche recently and they were cool. Way more thunderous than I expected, somehow I think of them as sort of a pop band. I guess they sort of are for the genre. I've heard Melt Banana put on a great show too.

I don't think that's inaccurate really. I seem to recall they called themselves "thunder pop" back in the day. They're heavy but they're still very accessible to people who haven't made many treks into the riff-filled land. Earlier this year I caught them opening for Clutch which was awesome, and looked like they got a good reaction. Then like a week later I caught them opening for Municipal Waste, which was also great :v:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Every once in a while Georgia produces something of worth.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Earthless and Elder are touring Australia together in October. HOLY FUUUUCK.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Mustard Snobbery posted:

I just poo poo and cummed my pants.

Although a friends bucks party is that weekend (yes, whole weekend) and now I have to fly to Perth or Brisbane.

I mean I was going to go to all east coast shows anyway.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Make sure you post in the thread if you come to the Brisbane show. All my friends are poo poo and don't come to these sorts of shows and going on your own gets kinda dull after a while.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mustard Snobbery posted:

Elder+Mos Generator on August 5th for me. Can't wait :)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Khemmis made a pretty dope debut album. The buzz band potential is strong with these guys.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

creston spiers is a national treasure. Special Wishes is one of this nation's finest hours.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Henchman of Santa posted:

Khemmis made a pretty dope debut album. The buzz band potential is strong with these guys.

This owns, thanks. I may have ordered the album and a couple of t-shirts.

Both designs are loving awesome.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 19, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Holy poo poo that first one. If they tour and bring that it's an instant buy.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

This is really good

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Holy poo poo that first one. If they tour and bring that it's an instant buy.

Khemzilla :allears:

E:

quote:

Aug 01
Hi-Dive
Denver, CO

Aug 11
The Golden Bull Bar
Oakland, CA

Aug 14
Complex
Glendale, CA

Sep 12
Denver, Co Street Festival
Denver, CO

Dec 05
Gothic Theatre
Englewood, CO

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals
Put up a couple more tracks on my SoundCloud. One of them is something I wrote and recorded yesterday morning, the other two are demos from last year that I never uploaded. I'm looking for a vocalist for the project now, I feel like I have enough decent material for a few albums. Still not really consistent genre-wise, but whatever. At least I'm super proud of my mixing and mastering, even for 1.5 hour start to finish tracks like Moon Wizard.

Moon Wizard (New Song): https://soundcloud.com/slothful-bong/moon-wizard-instrumental-mix
ACSOBaStML (Old): https://soundcloud.com/slothful-bong/a-cloud-surrounds-our-bodies-and-sets-the-mountain-loose
Pervert (Old): https://soundcloud.com/slothful-bong/pervert-demo

E: pretty sure I already said this, but the name Slothful Bong was shamelessly stolen from a "fake stoner metal band names" post someone made in this thread, so if whoever posted it wants credit for that let me know!

The Gasmask fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 20, 2015

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Enos Cabell posted:

Yeah they did, and it was loving great. Such a high energy show for a Tuesday night, glad I took work off today!

gently caress yes!

Butcherettes + Melvins makes for an amazing show.

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

you should see my TMNT® Machinegun

Holy poo poo this owns hard. It's like if Pallbearer was not boring.

The Sword is coming here in August and I have to see them. Missed them 3 times now for various reasons. Last time I queued in a blizzard for an hour and a half before they announced that the venue was full and no one was getting in. So... Cold...

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Holy poo poo this owns hard. It's like if Pallbearer was not boring.

This is exactly what I thought when I heard that album. Been spinning it a bunch.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I've been listening to it nonstop since last night too, great album.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 20, 2015

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Acid King announced their new tour today. Here are the dates:

October 16 San Diego, CA Brick By Brick
October 17 Los Angeles, CA Complex
October 18 Tucson, AZ SW Terrorfest (Club Congress)
October 19 Albuquerque, NM Sister
October 21 Austin, TX Red 7
October 22 New Orleans, LA Siberia
October 23 Atlanta, GA Drunken Unicorn
October 24 Raleigh, NC Kings
October 25 New York, NY Saint Vitus
October 26 Boston, MA Middle East
October 27 Philadelphia, PA Kung Fu Necktie
October 28 Cleveland, OH Now That’s Class
October 29 Chicago, IL Reggie’s
October 30 St. Louis, MO Firebird
October 31 Kansas City, MO Riot Room
November 1 Denver, CO Hi Dive

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Fu Manchu owned last night. As good as the King Of The Road second set was, I actually preferred the "greatest hits" first set. The slower, psychedelic tunes like "Push Button Magic" and "Saturn III" were the highlights for me, along with a funky new jam in the middle of "Godzilla."

Scott Hill did seem to be losing his voice a bit, but the rest of the band covered for him nicely.

A fan gave them a heart-shaped steering wheel midway through the second set, and Scott was like, "that's going in my Honda Odyssey!"

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

See you at MDF (Thursday, Ram's Head).

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Silver Brushes posted:

See you at MDF (Thursday, Ram's Head).

I'm pretty pumped for Crypt Sermon.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

New Serial Hawk song is pretty good.
http://www.popmatters.com/post/195711-serial-hawk-desolate-audio-premiere/

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Is this the place to talk about Chelsea Wolfe? Because she just put out album of the year, or even decade, holy poo poo. There's just nothing to improve. No tracks to skip, she reached perfection with this album.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Skilleddk posted:

Is this the place to talk about Chelsea Wolfe? Because she just put out album of the year, or even decade, holy poo poo. There's just nothing to improve. No tracks to skip, she reached perfection with this album.

Probably not.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Dyna Soar posted:

Probably not.

so where would be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Dyna Soar posted:

Probably not.

Why not? I just listened to the three tracks from Abyss available on Bandcamp and it sounds pretty goddamned doomy. Reminds me a lot of that Body/Haxan Cloak record from last year.