Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Blackheart posted:

he's p kool

for me to poop on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Jesus, you people are out of control. I'm locking this thread until you all calm down. Thread Locked.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Sire Oblivion posted:

So as good as Brawl?

yes

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
My opinions of Wolf returning are mixed. I'm indifferent to the character, but how he gets in could be the deal breaker; I'd be totally fine with him being pre-ballot, but if he gets in post-ballot then it's throwing away newcomer potential.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 15, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

My opinions of Wolf returning are mixed. I'm indifferent to the character, but how he gets in could be the deal breaker; I'd be totally fine with him being pre-ballot, but if he gets in post-ballot then it's wasting newcomer potential.

If he's in post ballot that means he was one of the most wanted characters and you can deal with it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

If he's in post ballot that means he was one of the most wanted characters and you can deal with it

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TheKingofSprings posted:

You can't fault the guy for wanting brand new characters and rehashes of ones we've already seen, who also weren't even that unique in the first place.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

You can't fault the guy for wanting brand new characters and rehashes of ones we've already seen, who also weren't even that unique in the first place.

oh look it's another guy who can deal with it

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I could argue the same for any veteran, really. The ballot is a chance to explore new avenues, and if everyone just wants to retread the same ground then it's a hugely wasted opportunity. "Clone" veterans are the worst offenders IMHO; Roy and Lucas only get a pass because they were pre-ballot, in fact as much as I like Lucas, I wouldn't have voted for him in the ballot if it meant getting a unique moveset into the roster.

...You know, maybe this would be a good time to list the remaining veterans, for reference's sake:
    Melee
  • Young Link
  • Pichu

Brawl
  • Wolf
  • Snake
  • Ice Climbers
  • Pokemon Trainer
  • Squirtle
  • Ivysaur
I think we can safely agree that Pokemon Trainer isn't happening since Charizard is already separated, but that's still seven veterans that could take up post-ballot DLC slots. I would accept Snake as an exception and maybe the Ice Climbers since they're unique, though I'd much prefer the ICs to be pre-ballot since they were supposed to be in the game to start with. Any of the others being post-ballot would cause me to flip a few tables and curse out Nintendo and its fanbase for having no loving originality. I'll deal, sure, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 15, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sire Oblivion posted:

The game has like 60 characters

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
I don't care that much if Wolf gets in or not, but if he did I'd totally buy him. The more fighters the better, and he's got a pretty cool design.

I'd be the most pleased if we got:

-Another Mario character, e.g. Daisey, Waluigi, Kamek, Captain Toad
-Another Fire Emblem character, as long as it's not Vaike, preferably a mage of some sort
-A Wario World/Ware character
-Another Sonic character, preferably Tails, Knuckles or Robotnik
-Another Pokemon of a different type than any currently in the game

I'm fine with almost anybody they add, but the above would be the most exciting for me. A DK universe character would be cool, too, but I really don't like the way K. Rool looks. His design is just butt ugly to me.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Fhate posted:

Another Fire Emblem character, as long as it's not Vaike

Please don't disrespect Teach.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SL the Pyro posted:

Brawl
[*]Wolf
[*]Snake
[*]Ice Climbers
[*]Pokemon Trainer
[*]Squirtle
[*]Ivysaur[/list]
I think we can safely agree that Pokemon Trainer isn't happening since Charizard is already separated, but that's still seven veterans that could take up post-ballot DLC slots. I would accept Snake as an exception and maybe the Ice Climbers since they're unique, though I'd much prefer the ICs to be pre-ballot since they were supposed to be in the game to start with. Any of the others being post-ballot would cause me to flip a few tables and curse out Nintendo and its fanbase for having no loving originality. I'll deal, sure, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
you are a big ol baby

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I am happy with all the characters we got and also happy that the poll means we get at least one more. It would be neat if it was a completely new character and it is kind of odd that people wouldn't also want that.

I guess I am "dealing with it" just fine but it is also kinda funny that people ITT are getting so mad about people's DLC opinions.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

We all know who the next include in Smash Bros should be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hC_FgGHdHo

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
You know who'd be epic? Chuck Norris.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

None of the likely candidates interest me in a way that I would actually want to learn how to play as them seriously other than K. Rool.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

You know who'd be epic? Chuck Norris.

You simply need to have two Falcon Punches clash in the middle of Final Destination to unlock him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

I am happy with all the characters we got and also happy that the poll means we get at least one more. It would be neat if it was a completely new character and it is kind of odd that people wouldn't also want that.
People want Wolf because they like Wolf.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Endorph posted:

People want Wolf because they like Wolf.

I like Wolf too and would be happy if we got Wolf. Or anyone else really. SOrry if that was unclear from my post.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
John Cena for Smash.

Final Smash turns him invisible.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Countblanc posted:

The game has like 60 characters

That's true, rather than creating something fresh they should spend development time bringing another veteran that wasn't all that interesting in the first place because we have a large roster.

Now, if Wolf was completely different I'm in, but with the current track record of veteran DLC fighters I don't see that being much of a case.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

roy owns

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

pulp rag posted:

John Cena for Smash.

Final Smash turns him invisible.

But can John Cena lift Ridley?

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

Sire Oblivion posted:

That's true, rather than creating something fresh they should spend development time bringing another veteran that wasn't all that interesting in the first place because we have a large roster.

Now, if Wolf was completely different I'm in, but with the current track record of veteran DLC fighters I don't see that being much of a case.

Mewtwo is completely different (his moves visually look similar, mostly, but he's so much better) and I think Roy is too.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Endorph posted:

roy owns

agreed

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sire Oblivion posted:

http://youtu.be/6evQz13gfZs

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
The problem with Robotnik is he would be too much like Bowser Jr. in gameplay.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jul 18, 2015

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

mabels big day posted:

You simply need to have two Falcon Punches clash in the middle of Final Destination to unlock him.

I wouldn't mind if the post-ballot characters had to be unlocked through some ridiculous conditions.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 15, 2015

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

it is posted:

Mewtwo is completely different (his moves visually look similar, mostly, but he's so much better) and I think Roy is too.

Mewtwo's had some unique things from the get go, Wolf never really did save for his voice acting (which owned) and Roy's the same just made buff as gently caress which rules so he's a viable character. Mewtwo still manages to suck though, they dropped the ball with him and Lucas is pretty meh. I fear if we do get Wolf, we'll get the same thing as before and he's going to be rear end.

Is that the Power Suit Samus from Project M on that cut-out? And yes, let's settle it in Smash.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sire Oblivion posted:

Is that the Power Suit Samus from Project M on that cut-out? And yes, let's settle it in Smash.

That's Metroid.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I voted for Wolf O'Donnell and I WILL be respected.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Endorph posted:

roy owns

HIIIIIIYAAAA! SORYAAAAAA!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Raserys posted:

HIIIIIIYAAAA! SORYAAAAAA!

My favorite roy noise is the one he makes when you use the side b finisher where he stabs low to the ground really fast

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Sire Oblivion posted:

Wolf is more interesting than basically any other bullshit suggestion you can come up with

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wolf had as much in common with falco/fox as luigi does with mario

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

wolf had as much in common with falco/fox as luigi does with mario

he has even less in common than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU