Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

krakagar posted:

I'll bite. What's mpreg?

Male pregnancy. just imagine a baby being delivered through a urethra or an rear end in a top hat or something.

VV I am sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm hoping it's not what the acronym sounds like. It's what the acronym sounds like, isn't it?

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
all you had to do was google it.
(do not google it)

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Radiation & co made The Baby Is You because someone posted fanart of a pregnant Equius on the MSPA forums, the forums mods reacted to this by adding a new rule along the lines of "don't do fan work featuring pregnant teens", and because the specificity of this rule was hilarious it was immediately tongue-in-cheek flouted by a music team member making a parody album about Dave having John's baby, and the baby is also John.

The history of this fandom is star-studded and hilarious, is what I'm saying.

Android Blues fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jul 15, 2015

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

Male pregnancy. just imagine a baby being delivered through a urethra or an rear end in a top hat or something.

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. OW. OW. OW. OW. OW.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

paradoxGentleman posted:

Octopimp had such a huge impact on the fandom that he gave everyone else the impression that Eridan costantly says "nyeh".

Also that every character sounds exactly the way they sound in his videos, which means I can't ever listen to them and appreciate how good his voice work is on its own because all I think about are fans insisting that other voice actors are doing it wrong; or people calling themselves voice actors and doing nothing but impressions of his interpretations of characters without any attempt to put their own spin on the character or showing any ability to do any voices beyond that whatsoever. It's like if John DiMaggio had just tried to be Mark Hamill's Joker reincarnate in Under the Red Hood.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Android Blues posted:

Radiation & co made The Baby Is You because someone posted fanart of a pregnant Equius on the MSPA forums, the forums mods reacted to this by adding a new rule along the lines of "don't do fan work featuring pregnant teens", and because the specificity of this rule was hilarious it was immediately tongue-in-cheek flouted by a music team member making a parody album about Dave having John's baby, and the baby is also John.

The history of this fandom is star-studded and hilarious, is what I'm saying.

EVERY DAY, A MILLION BABIES ARE BORN IN THE UNITED STATES ALONE. MANY OF THESE BABIES CLIMB OUT OF VAGINAS.

OTHERS, THE STORKS BRING THEM. SOME ARE BORN OUT OF SLIME IN PARADOX SPACE THANKS TO A SPECIAL VIDEO GAME YOUR MOMMY USED TO PLAY.

BUT REGARDLESS OF HOW THESE BABIES MAY BE BORN... THEY ALL COME INTO THE WORLD WITH A SPECIAL FORCE... CALLED LOVE.

THIS IS THAT STORY.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The word I most regret Googling is "omorashi". The things I didn't want to know.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

please read my batman mpreg fanfic "robin's egg blues"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Motion Picture Regulation Expert Group

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

drat it all, it's just a one-week hiatus, we didn't need to fall to pieces this quickly.

If I can segue from weird albums, it's a little too bad that Homestuck's music team wound down. True, Hussie has more than enough music lying around to finish Homestuck with, but at the comic's height music was a regular and well-integrated part of the whole multi-media experience. I particularly liked the strong character themes, they became so tied up with the characters themselves that you can listen to Rex Duodecim Angelus and tell exactly what's going on (as evidenced by the fan-made flash movie).

People talked about Homestuck having an annotated version, but I'd love to see some kind of guide to Homestuck music that laid out the key parts to each character's themes and how they've been remixed and medley'd across the comic.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I didn't know they'd wound down; I'd assumed they were happily working on pieces for the end of all things. What happened?

e: The Wiki is really helpful on the themes. http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Music

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If I had to guess, any music Hussie needs that does not currently exist he can commission his heavy contributors for on an individual basis, and now that they're not churning out concept albums anymore there isn't really a need for an entire team of people

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

There's also the (subjective) fact that the music got worse after Colours and Mayhem and wasn't finding any upturn in quality.
Note that this is a relative term and not an absolute term. In no way am I saying the music got bad, I just don't think it ever got back to the amazing quality it had hit back in the Volume 5/AlterniaBound/Colours days.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 15, 2015

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

does the extremely good remix of beatdown's riff from :20 of descend come from another remix or is that the only painfully short version of it

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Arsenic Lupin posted:

e: The Wiki is really helpful on the themes. http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Music

That's basically exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Everyone should have their own theme music.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

DaveKap posted:

There's also the (subjective) fact that the music got worse after Colours and Mayhem and wasn't finding any upturn in quality.
Note that this is a relative term and not an absolute term. In no way am I saying the music got bad, I just don't think it ever got back to the amazing quality it had hit back in the Volume 5/AlterniaBound/Colours days.

Sure but Colours were some of the last albums put out (also were fan made). Between vol 5 and colours you had 6, 7 and 8 and like a whole slew of individual or theme pieces like Exiles, Medium and Prospit + Derse which I thought were all pretty great.

I actually prefer vol 7, 8 or even 9 to 5, in a way. 5 is good and had a bunch of classic homestuck songs, but also it had like a bajillion doctor remixes. Generally I preferred the smaller, more focused albums because a) it kept a general sort of feel to the album and b) when you're paring it down to a dozen or less you know each songs gotta be good, instead of bloated with a bunch of remixes that don't really add on the original.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Viskra and Tavros are gonna feel stupid when it turns out that one of the keys to defeating Lord English is collecting so much money that the counter glitches out.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Whether more albums come out or not isn't as big an issue as the injustice that is the fact that one of the Objectively Best Homestuck Songs has yet to ever be used in-comic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXPFtkMnvH0
:colbert:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Volume 5 also set the precedent of the Mega Album with roughly a bajillion songs that cant really be enjoyed in one sitting the way the smaller volumes can.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Viskra and Tavros are gonna feel stupid when it turns out that one of the keys to defeating Lord English is collecting so much money that the counter glitches out.

good thing theyve got dads wallet on hand to hold all that paper theyll need to stack

oh wait, someone blew that part of the plan off. nice job idiots.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Fortis posted:

Whether more albums come out or not isn't as big an issue as the injustice that is the fact that one of the Objectively Best Homestuck Songs has yet to ever be used in-comic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXPFtkMnvH0

Hey this isn't Dance of Thorns, you lied to me.

---

Speaking of music, thought experiment time.

Assuming that the grand endgame of Homestuck uses all (or at least mostly) currently-existing music, what yet-unused songs do you expect/hope to see at some point in all the chaos?

Personally I'm really hoping we get Lotus Bloom from Volume 8 and Alternia from AlterniaBound for one or two quieter or more emotional moments, or possibly even an "End Credits" sequence.

Terraform would also be pretty slick for a fight sequence, maybe when Jade eventually wakes up and does something, since it's a sampling of Frost, her old planet theme.

Plus, well......as previously mentioned, Dance of Thorns would be really nice. I know it was in the kickstarter promo vid, but seeing it in the actual comic would be great.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

I'm still waiting for Dance of Thorns and Sunslammer to show up on Rock Band. :colbert:

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

Fortis posted:

This guy knows what's up.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The word I most regret Googling is "omorashi". The things I didn't want to know.

Eh.

I had a friend who was into this.

I kind of wish they hadn't loving told me, but hey.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Classtoise posted:

Eh.

So for those of you who don't have the nerve to find out for yourselves, it's a specific variety of urine fetishism centered on the desperate need to relieve oneself.

Side note, I hate you both.

The rest of you, YOU'RE WELCOME.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

You will pay for this, Plom Bar.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
So, are there any new pics where someone has run a soul portrait through Deep Dream?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Classtoise posted:

Eh.

I've noticed a lot of people on this website seem to have friends that just tell them all about their hosed up sexual fetishes, seemingly without prompting or said goon wanting to know about it.

Plom Bar posted:

So for those of you who don't have the nerve to find out for yourselves, it's a specific variety of urine fetishism centered on the desperate need to relieve oneself.

I feel sure the F Plus did an episode on this at some point.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Plom Bar posted:

Isn't that how Tycho Brahe died?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kazy posted:

Isn't that how Tycho Brahe died?

Basically yeah

Apparently he wouldn't get up from dinner to go pee while he was at a banquest because it would have been a breach of etiquette and he died because it screwed up his urinary tract.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

So did your other friends not get what mpreg means or what

They knew what mpreg was, just not that it was Homestuck mpreg. This was the secret I was being made to withhold.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 16, 2015

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

graybook posted:

So, are there any new pics where someone has run a soul portrait through Deep Dream?

If you try it, it just turns into a picture of Johnny 5

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

nerdbot posted:

They knew what mpreg was, just not that it was Homestuck mpreg. This was the secret I was being made to withhold.

And for good reason, that's by far the most shameful part.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Mazerunner posted:

Sure but Colours were some of the last albums put out (also were fan made). Between vol 5 and colours you had 6, 7 and 8 and like a whole slew of individual or theme pieces like Exiles, Medium and Prospit + Derse which I thought were all pretty great.

I actually prefer vol 7, 8 or even 9 to 5, in a way. 5 is good and had a bunch of classic homestuck songs, but also it had like a bajillion doctor remixes. Generally I preferred the smaller, more focused albums because a) it kept a general sort of feel to the album and b) when you're paring it down to a dozen or less you know each songs gotta be good, instead of bloated with a bunch of remixes that don't really add on the original.
The theme pieces were the ones I liked the least. I'm generally a bigger fan of experimentation albums with lotsa remixes than the "here's the hard rock theme" and "here's the one with singing" and "here's the piano-only" albums. This has always been a me-specific thing though. Even back when DeadMau5 was called Halcyon441 and just posted his experiments on the Internet and half the poo poo sounded like the other half of his poo poo, I liked that way better than anything he ever put out after his name change. I'd still take an album of Doctor remixes over "this is my version of DragonForce." Still, though, I'm excited to see what Toby comes up with for his new game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I still really like most of the concept albums. Drawing Dead, Mobius Trip & Hadron Kaleido, The Symphony Impossible To Play...

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

DaveKap posted:

The theme pieces were the ones I liked the least. I'm generally a bigger fan of experimentation albums with lotsa remixes than the "here's the hard rock theme" and "here's the one with singing" and "here's the piano-only" albums. This has always been a me-specific thing though. Even back when DeadMau5 was called Halcyon441 and just posted his experiments on the Internet and half the poo poo sounded like the other half of his poo poo, I liked that way better than anything he ever put out after his name change. I'd still take an album of Doctor remixes over "this is my version of DragonForce." Still, though, I'm excited to see what Toby comes up with for his new game.

Yeah makes sense I guess. On the giant mega albums there's pretty good chance there's something for everyone but if you don't like the themed album's, uh, theme, then the whole thing's a wash.

Not totally unrelated, open question to the thread, but if you could have any band/singer/artist either cover Homestuck music or contribute to an album who'd it be? For me it'd be 65daysofstatic.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
Anyone remember that live concert Bowman and some other music team dudes put on back in Fall 2011? There's a couple highlights on YouTube, but I've been wondering if anyone recorded the full thing off livestream.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Plom Bar posted:

This is hardly as wild and out there a fetish as was implied. I am disappointed in you, posters on something awful dot com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Mazerunner posted:

Not totally unrelated, open question to the thread, but if you could have any band/singer/artist either cover Homestuck music or contribute to an album who'd it be? For me it'd be 65daysofstatic.

LeAnn Rimes, covering Bowman's cover of Trisha Yearwood's cover of her original How Do I Live.