Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I saw some comments that it should have had a pilot hybrid spec instead of a command hybrid spec (I mean gently caress, one of Sulu's famous lines flying the thing was "fly her apart then!"..), and if Cryptic did that then it would at least have been unique. You'd have a fairly mobile cruiser with extra potential mobility from the pilot skills, or you could use them to shore up the weak tac seating, or whatever. If nothing else it'd be a less useless spec than Command.

But nope, it's yet another command hybrid cruiser except objectively worse than all the others in every aspect. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

I saw some comments that it should have had a pilot hybrid spec instead of a command hybrid spec (I mean gently caress, one of Sulu's famous lines flying the thing was "fly her apart then!"..), and if Cryptic did that then it would at least have been unique. You'd have a fairly mobile cruiser with extra potential mobility from the pilot skills, or you could use them to shore up the weak tac seating, or whatever. If nothing else it'd be a less useless spec than Command.

But nope, it's yet another command hybrid cruiser except objectively worse than all the others in every aspect. :effort:

Maybe if IQ Fleet hadn't leaked it early Cryptic would have had time to put more thought into the stats.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

Maybe if IQ Fleet hadn't leaked it early Cryptic would have had time to put more thought into the stats.

They are cracking down on how easy it is to get that information due to IQ Fleet pasting the info everywhere so everyone will slobber their knob about how smart and awesome they are for posting it

Meanwhile they're using tools available to anyone with a simple search that were designed by a goon who used to play this in Starfleet Dental, wonder how many pubbies would find that hilarious? :v:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Korgan posted:

They are cracking down on how easy it is to get that information due to IQ Fleet pasting the info everywhere so everyone will slobber their knob about how smart and awesome they are for posting it

Meanwhile they're using tools available to anyone with a simple search that were designed by a goon who used to play this in Starfleet Dental, wonder how many pubbies would find that hilarious? :v:

It's just stupid. IQ Fleet publish a leak, then Cryptic panic and rush the announcement. If IQ weren't so vocal we'd probably get better quality ships and lock boxes.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

It's just stupid. IQ Fleet publish a leak, then Cryptic panic and rush the announcement. If IQ weren't so vocal we'd probably get better quality ships and lock boxes.

And yet if we protest this, suddenly we're the trolls and the bad guys.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

Thing isn't coming out for two days, it can't be that loving hard to swap a BOFF seat or something.

Or well, in theory. With the lovely codebase of this game who the hell even knows.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Asimo posted:

Thing isn't coming out for two days, it can't be that loving hard to swap a BOFF seat or something.

Or well, in theory. With the lovely codebase of this game who the hell even knows.

I wonder if they even know how to do that

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
IQ fleet's 'leak' page doesn't even exist anymore. Couple days ago it was wiped just saying "First rule about fight club" but now its just blank.

I wonder if Cryptic finally told them to stop it.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
"I.Q. Fleet has decided to remove the content of this page indefinitely."

Welp. Not like they were good for anything anyways.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

My father saw that on the steam community page for the game and showed it to me.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
What am I looking at?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Meimeitoo's sig on the forums.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

IPCRESS posted:

What am I looking at?
The girl on the screen is Max, the protagonist of the episodic game Life is Strange. Early on in the first episode, she finds that she can rewind time, up to a certain amount, using not only information she has from the previous timeline but also having anything she takes from the time in her possession, rather than where the object originally was. Long story short for that signature, time travel joke.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Tunicate posted:

Please tell me you've got a vid.

DonDoodles posted:

This. Was Grom bitching about it on air, by any chance? This is absolutely amazing.
Unfortunately not, local and zone chat remained quiet. He was probably complaining in SSR or some other channel.
Grom was streaming on Twitch at the time, but there isn't a VOD available of the event, and his death happened while music was playing, so we can't hear him drawing his last breath on the SSR replay.

Pulse came by to watch the killing, and got a shoutout from Grom.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Lorak posted:

The girl on the screen is Max, the protagonist of the episodic game Life is Strange. Early on in the first episode, she finds that she can rewind time, up to a certain amount, using not only information she has from the previous timeline but also having anything she takes from the time in her possession, rather than where the object originally was. Long story short for that signature, time travel joke.

Ah, meimeitoo is a weirdo and I figured it was just pubbie weirdo little girl stuff.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Lockbox ship stats

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9457253

T6 Excel stats

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9457263

The same as on tribble as far as I can tell.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Why are lockbox ships still T5?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Defiance Industries posted:

So people will buy upgrades.

Also I believe all the T5 ships are level 40. So something for the lowbies to use for 10 levels.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

That's the consolation prize.

They could at least make it T5U or fleet level, but that wouldn't bleed money from people. :geno:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
One of the new ship traits is literally called "invincible"

It makes it so that when your hull gets low, you cant die.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 15, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

You shouldn't be dying anyway in space.

But yeah. I guess the Krenin Timeship is alright? Decent boff layout and a 5/3 destroyer. But overall all the ships are kind of unexciting, and the ugly-rear end voyager canon designs don't help.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Pretty underwhelming imo, ugly ships and boring layouts. Nothing exciting whatsoever.

The T5 ship is the best looking one lol.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

hakimashou posted:

One of the new ship traits is literally called "invincible"

It makes it so that when your hull gets low, you cant die.

Well they're just not even trying anymore with power creep.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

The final ship to be released will have a trait that when it destroys another vessel, instead of undergoing the standard explosion the destroyed vessel will become a cloud of fireworks and balloons and rainbows.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AfroSquirrel posted:

The final ship to be released will have a trait that when it destroys another vessel, instead of undergoing the standard explosion the destroyed vessel will become a cloud of fireworks and balloons and rainbows.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Mondian posted:

The T5 ship is the best looking one lol.

So was the one from the still-current, tomorrow not current, lock box, the Malon garbage scow.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

AfroSquirrel posted:

Every one of us would see that as a must-have and you know it.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

https://twitter.com/BorticusCryptic/status/621473280369688577

"Good News: @CrypticEQAH found a crash-bug in our S10.5 build before it went to Holodeck. Bad News: Weekly Buff Projects turned off at Launch"

Well then.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

SKY COQ posted:

If IQ weren't so vocal we'd probably get better quality ships and lock boxes.

Lol what? Yes, it's totally IQ's fault that cryptic is poo poo. Those drat IQ leakers causing cryptic to half rear end their lottery boxes! We are through the looking glass folks, the pubbie is you.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
THE RESURRECTION IS COMPLETE

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Full patch notes for tomorrow

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9458523-star-trek-online%3A-release-notes%3A-july-16th%2C-2015

They updated everyone favourite NPC, Leeta

http://imgur.com/KxG5i6w,YmSurTC

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Leeta, not formal? THIS IS BOLLSHIT

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

She is wearing nearly the same stuff she is on holodeck at the moment.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Tuskin38 posted:

Another shot of the resolute

Looks like every ship forward is going to get the "Intrepid" windows and escape pods option.

They should come with every ship.

Is that a plasmonic tick drinking from the underside of the... spade?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's an off-brand presidio made from knockoff Chinese American parts.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

BombermanX posted:

THE RESURRECTION IS COMPLETE

Brb defecting to xternity :stonk:

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Mondian posted:

Pretty underwhelming imo, ugly ships and boring layouts. Nothing exciting whatsoever.

That's pretty much a fairly good explanation of the current state of STO in general.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

DancingShade posted:

It's an off-brand presidio made from knockoff Chinese American parts.

Isn't the Presidio an Excelsior Knockoff though?

The command ships look like beefed up Excelsior.

Also the server is back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Server is up, new starbase holding is in, all other starbase projects are cancelled until you fill the new one slaves.

• Locked thread