Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Divine Veil isn't a spell. It isn't cast. It's an ability. It's 10% of the healer's HP.

yeah sorry you're wrong

edit: gauss barrel: "Equips your current firearm with a gauss barrel, increasing damage dealt by 30%. While barrel is equipped, auto-attack will stop and all weaponskills will require casting time."

weaponskills with casting time?! what is this sorcery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I googled around before I posted and every other site I've seen except that one says it's the healer's HP. That's also how it reads to me. But then again being wrong is kindof my thing, so who the gently caress knows.

EDIT: Looking some more and now I've seen it about 50/50.

kharaa posted:

yeah sorry you're wrong

edit: gauss barrel: "Equips your current firearm with a gauss barrel, increasing damage dealt by 30%. While barrel is equipped, auto-attack will stop and all weaponskills will require casting time."

weaponskills with casting time?! what is this sorcery

That's a specific feature of WM and it relates to weaponskills and not abilities. Spells typically are the only things cast.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 15, 2015

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

If crafting is worse than drops/currency, what makes it profitable?

Also, I wish that retainers had a shared inventory space.

There's always people leveling other classes and they'll always want to get some sort of gear. Some won't settle for NQ stuff off of vendors and will turn to the marketboard for HQ stuff. Since they're secondary classes, they'll have plenty of gil to spend.

For tanks that are using one Slaying ring and one Fending ring (or any combination of slaying/fending accessories), crafted accessories will always be better than mixing and matching. Heck, the i110 crafted accessories melded are better than using one i180 fending/i180 slaying ring. I ended up buying around 190 or so Strength IVs at like less than 5000 gil each over the past couple weeks waiting for the crafters to catch up so I can get a set of melded i150 crafted accessories, which by current projections are going to remain better than mixing and matching fending/slaying all the way up to i220 or so.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I googled around before I posted and every other site I've seen except that one says it's the healer's HP. That's also how it reads to me. But then again being wrong is kindof my thing, so who the gently caress knows.

That's a specific feature of WM and it relates to weaponskills and not abilities. Spells typically are the only things cast.

Everything has a cast time, weaponskills just have a cast time of zero seconds.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

KoB posted:

Everything has a cast time, weaponskills just have a cast time of zero seconds.

Yeah I suppose you're right. Cast time: Instant iirc.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I really like being able to repair parts of my gear on the fly anywhere to 200% condition. Slowly leveling up all my crafting skills with leves.

Having lvl 50 carp is very nice but you can easily do it with just 15 in every class.

The big ones are hasty touch(15 cook), rumination(15 something), steady hands 2(37 carp?), careful syn 2(50 weaver), tools of the trade(15 something), and brygots(sp?,50 carp).

You cant macro good conditions for tools of the trade or excellent conditions for touches because they are procs. You can kinda macro for brygots.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 15, 2015

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

mightygerm posted:

Non-elemental. I don't think this has any actual gameplay applications, however.

non-elemental had a gameplay aspect in ffxiv 1.0 when monsters could be weak to or resist certain elements but upon reflection i'm not sure unaspected damage happened then

1.0 had a huge boner for being totally anal in weapon damage types though, like nowadays all spears are piercing damage, but in 1.0 a halberd would be like 60% slashing 20% piercing 20% blunt damage

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Divine Veil isn't a spell. It isn't cast. It's an ability. It's 10% of the healer's HP.

Yeah, an ability. Based on the Knight's Maximum HP.

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.
Divine Veil's barrier itself is cast by you, the PLD, so the "Barrier Effect" is referencing you. As such, everyone in range gets 10% of your Max HP as a damage barrier. The way it's worded throws people off because of the "cast" in the description.

Lumis fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 15, 2015

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

D&D and a GoT reference :vince:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I hope those kids get their lemoncake in 3.1

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Thanks for the clarification!

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Please refer to it by it's true Nipponese name: Knighto

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

D&D and a GoT reference :vince:

I'm a more of a Mazes & Monsters guy.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
So my trial is up in one day, how do I use a recruit a friend? I still need to purchase the game and what-not.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mikemo Tyson posted:

So my trial is up in one day, how do I use a recruit a friend? I still need to purchase the game and what-not.

You can't use it until you own the game. You have to deal with all that code nonsense during the 30 days that come with the game.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
Realized you can wear Disciple of the Land/Hand on every class.

What Egi have you been using for the current endgame content?
Ever since Radiant Shield got buffed, I've been exclusively using Ifrit.
I like the higher damage and aoe abilities for add heavy fights.

Haven't really used Garuda since Heavensward, but I suppose Tri-Disaster and Contagion have nice synergy.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

MG42 posted:

Haven't really used Garuda since Heavensward, but I suppose Tri-Disaster and Contagion have nice synergy.

Contagion still makes Garuda the better choice most of the time to my knowledge. Ideally you should be using Tri Disaster and Contagion every time you enter Dreadwyrm Trance to milk that 10% damage boost as much as you can.

Contagion+Bane is also very potent in add pack situations.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
All the top summoners I know use Ifrit pretty much exclusively. According to my static's SMN, Ifrit beats Garuda in a straight up potency battle and also isn't dependent on the fight having a lot of uptime. He says the only fight you'd want to use Garuda on would be one with a lot of uptime that also has movement or some sort of mechanic that would hurt Ifrit's DPS too much.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

bonewitch posted:

All the top summoners I know use Ifrit pretty much exclusively. According to my static's SMN, Ifrit beats Garuda in a straight up potency battle and also isn't dependent on the fight having a lot of uptime. He says the only fight you'd want to use Garuda on would be one with a lot of uptime that also has movement or some sort of mechanic that would hurt Ifrit's DPS too much.

I'd use Ifrit even if it were a little bit worse because I can't be assed to manage Contagion :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ciaphas posted:

I'd use Ifrit even if it were a little bit worse because I can't be assed to manage Contagion :v:

Put the ability on a hotkey. It's that simple.

You should be doing the same with Radiant Shield if you're using Ifrit.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
All you screenshot takers either need to wait for daytime in Eorzea, crank Character Lighting up or start investing in Wind Up Suns so people can actually see what you're taking screens of.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else unable to bind F13-F24 in this game? I submitted a bug report, but I figure I'd ask just in case I'm doing something wrong.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Truga posted:

Anyone else unable to bind F13-F24 in this game? I submitted a bug report, but I figure I'd ask just in case I'm doing something wrong.

I doubt the game supports more than the standard key set

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
F13-F24 is the standard key set, it works in windows and in other games.

FF14 recognizes I pushed a button, but:

Like I said, I filed a bug report, considering it works elsewhere. Hopefully they'll fix it. Was just wondering if I'm missing something and it works for others.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Truga posted:

Like I said, I filed a bug report, considering it works elsewhere. Hopefully they'll fix it. Was just wondering if I'm missing something and it works for others.

It's really really not standard, guy.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

kafziel posted:

It's really really not standard, guy.

:confused:

It's been a part of the PC standard since forever, and works in any windows version I used in the last ~15 years? How is it not a standard?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What kind of keyboard has f13-24 :confused:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
IBM model M.

But that's besides the point, I bound the buttons on my new mouse to F13-F24 and they don't work in FF14 :(

I'd like to have them there so I don't have to dick around with different profiles.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Truga posted:

:confused:

It's been a part of the PC standard since forever, and works in any windows version I used in the last ~15 years? How is it not a standard?

I guess they mean to say they aren't standard on a keyboard. The key commands could exist in PC, but you wouldn't be able to activate it without holding shift or something.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

It's probably "part of the standard" but it isn't actually normal to find a keyboard with those keys and a lot of software doesn't bother supporting them. Which is a shame because I'd love to bind extraneous mouse buttons to some of them to get around lack of support for 6+ mice buttons in stuff without using a key that's actually on my keyboard.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Truga posted:

Very cool, learn something everyday. Thanks! Old keyboards looked wacky with that many functions keys.

Holyshoot posted:

What kind of keyboard has f13-24 :confused:

All keyboards have F13-24. You press SHIFT+F1 for F13. This makes sense I guess to not have to deal with some poo poo that tries to bind a key to shift+F13.

Microsoft invented MMO keybinds

I AM READY TO PWN NOOBS

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 15, 2015

Kuai
May 25, 2004
My Razer Gaming Keyboard doesn't have F13-24 therefore it is not standard :colbert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

I'm a more of a Mazes & Monsters guy.

Mazes and Monsters is a far out game

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

MG42 posted:

Wait Wait what? So I can be a chef with an axe? Tell me I can make this glamour dream true

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Farg posted:

Wait Wait what? So I can be a chef with an axe? Tell me I can make this glamour dream true

AF gear is locked to a specific DoH so you can't wear the culinarian AF on warrior.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Apparently from a friend of a friend on gilgamesh who was able to do this and he put in the report there was duping that was possible before that emergency maintenance happened. The gist was "You initiate a trade with someone, and as the trade was going you would try to start another trade with a 3rd person and it would cut the connection and both parties would end up with the item.".

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Klades posted:

It's probably "part of the standard" but it isn't actually normal to find a keyboard with those keys and a lot of software doesn't bother supporting them. Which is a shame because I'd love to bind extraneous mouse buttons to some of them to get around lack of support for 6+ mice buttons in stuff without using a key that's actually on my keyboard.

Make your mouse buttons use keybinds like Alt+Ctrl+Shift 1-9 or other combinations you aren't normally going to press with your hand(s).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

cheetah7071 posted:

AF gear is locked to a specific DoH so you can't wear the culinarian AF on warrior.

Which blows, because WVR gear is boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

Which blows, because WVR gear is boss.

I'd also level miner to 50 if I could use that helmet on my other classes.

• Locked thread