Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Normally, things this stupid curve back to awesome, but not here. Perhaps it's a black hole of stupid, where no awesome can escape. Perhaps it's quantum stupid, and therefore the rules of classic stupid don't apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
What does "# X-Men The Wolverine" even mean?

Edit: is it a Twitter hash tag?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Wow, a terrible idea executed with just as much skill.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pfft don't hate on the guy, he just really loves Playboy, America, X-Men, and Wolverine. And wants you to know about it.

I assume the N is some school they went to.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

xzzy posted:

Pfft don't hate on the guy, he just really loves Playboy, America, X-Men, and Wolverine. And wants you to know about it.

I assume the N is some school they went to.

Sadly, the N is for University of Nebraska Lincoln, and sadly I haven't seen this thing anywhere nearby. Then again I'm in Omaha and very rarely go to Lincoln unless it's for work.

Wish I'd had my camera when I saw the tricked out, metallic electric blue Geo Metro that was driving around my neighborhood the other day...I mean, it looked clean and decently done, but a Geo Metro? Whomever owns it just designed their own custom coffin without realizing it.

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 15, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also I'm way more curious than is healthy about what's over the rear wheel, but the detail is lost in the glare. Where's Deckard when you need him.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

xzzy posted:

Also I'm way more curious than is healthy about what's over the rear wheel, but the detail is lost in the glare. Where's Deckard when you need him.

I see it almost daily, I'll get a shot of it for you.

e: nvm, zoomed in on the original pic and it's just a boring 'Murica sticker

bitchtard fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 15, 2015

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

kastein posted:

You know what's funny? Literally any jeep factory built car made in the last 40 years at any price point could take that jump and land it no problem.
Bro trucks really are the worst of the worst.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

Ether Frenzy posted:

Bro trucks really are the worst of the worst.

Does that make this the best of the best?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Get rid of the two tone and put two 997 Cup cars on there and it's basically the best picture ever.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I love the way he has completely ruined the effect of those expensive, fragile "blade" wheels by putting brake dust covers behind them. If he's going to have brake dust covers why not just go with wheels that are a tiny bit less impractical?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Killstick posted:

Does that make this the best of the best?

WRONGEST THREAD.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Wasabi the J posted:

WRONGEST THREAD.

Its a ruined truck with ruined suspension.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
What would be the opinion on hellaflush be if they were like bagged vehicles? Functional and safe but able to drop down into the "stance".

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DiggityDoink posted:

What would be the opinion on hellaflush be if they were like bagged vehicles? Functional and safe but able to drop down into the "stance".

I don't think anybody here really hates bagged vehicles. This is what comes to mind when hellaflush comes up though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4oAKOCRy9g

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Hey Bro. Bro! My car's so low I can't USE it!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

Kastein's posts got me thinking. The excuse given for slammed cars is generally "it's OK, it's on bags". But what if the only reason we collectively recoil in horror of bro truck engineering is because we can see it, it's all on display. I can't imagine that just because it's on airbags means it's been well designed, engineered, and constructed. There's bound to be plenty of airbagged cars built from booger slag welds, body filler, rebar and discount eBay airbag kits. We just can't see the horrors that lie beneath.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

I don't think anybody here really hates bagged vehicles. This is what comes to mind when hellaflush comes up though

The best part of that is the girl at the end. "gently caress this car, show" "gently caress all of you".

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If it's on bags and is functional, like you can actually drive it as it was intended to stock or better, I could care less what you do appearance wise.

It's when someone ruins the poo poo out of a car by hellaflush slamming it, or ruins the poo poo out of a truck by turning it into a giant monument to their shrunken manhood, that I get annoyed.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Powershift posted:

*dumbfuck flushtard gets high centered in parking lot entrance*

*dudebro intertwines fingers with spokes of front wheel as driver reverses and hits the gas :stonklol:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Black88GTA posted:

*dudebro intertwines fingers with spokes of front wheel as driver reverses and hits the gas :stonklol:

Chances are he was never gonna use those fingers for anything productive anyways.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Black88GTA posted:

This made me cringe. If this had been on liveleak instead of youtube... nope. The kid is extremely lucky.

:nms:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Black88GTA posted:

Ya, I cringed pretty hard at that. Shame nothing happened.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
I think this goes in this thread.

If it actually performs, I'm a racing nerd first so I'll wind up loving it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

It looks like Will.I.Am read a summary of a video about the 24 Hours of LeMans.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I saw something similar in terms of diddy wheels sizes a few weeks back. It's been made for a sprint track and apparently is the quickest round it out of anything that's tried so far.

It looked weird as poo poo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

88h88 posted:

I saw something similar in terms of diddy wheels sizes a few weeks back. It's been made for a sprint track and apparently is the quickest round it out of anything that's tried so far.

It looked weird as poo poo.

That's because the TT is ugly as sin stock.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

CommieGIR posted:

That's because the TT is ugly as sin stock.

In fairness, that tube-framed beast is hardly a TT.

Still ugly as sin - I'd flog it on the track tho! :getin:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Saw someone with a Mazda3 sticker on their Mazda3's driver's side mirror. Not on the outside cap. Smack in the middle of the glass. I guess to remind themselves what car they're driving?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Uthor posted:

Saw someone with a Mazda3 sticker on their Mazda3's driver's side mirror. Not on the outside cap. Smack in the middle of the glass. I guess to remind themselves what car they're driving?

I see a Civic where I work a lot, it's a black car and on the door handles there's a big CIVIC sticker right on the handle in red.

Maybe they're not a car nerd and someone got mad at them for always calling it an accord or a camry or something.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

~*~the ultimate driving machine~*~

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

xzzy posted:

I see a Civic where I work a lot, it's a black car and on the door handles there's a big CIVIC sticker right on the handle in red.

Yeah, but, on the mirror glass??? "I wonder if there's a car behind me?" *MAZDA3*

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

razorscooter posted:

~*~the ultimate driving machine~*~

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
On the other hand, that is a non-slammed / cambered out E30 with a huge intercooler, a dump for the exhaust out the fender, and what looks like a cage inside of it.

Wrong thread.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 18, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This is stupid and awesome. Wrong thread for sure.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Remake the front in 2" tubing and have it delivered by Wednesday please.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
:crossarms:

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Drifting under the influence no doubt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Definitely underendowed with intellect.