Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Launching a product and it failing is better than no product at all, something something Edison learnt 10,000 ways not to make a light build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

duTrieux. posted:

pretty sure this is lawsuit material

do it :q:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i have no standing.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=165703

rotor was so much better at this.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
smythe can we get a probe before cremnob gets all up in here with today's financials tia

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
ok nvm the stock is up

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah they did well but I think the big boost is because wall st. thinks the new cfo is going to actually make them follow a budget

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lmao 16th straight quarter of CPC declines but now google says its cause of youtube. uhhhhhhhhhhhhh youtube is literally the only product that could possibly get brand advertisers and its worse than their search ads lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
b an creamebob:tttot:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Smythe posted:

*fat stupid reject with a big sloppy gut hanging out of his GAP polo shirt* i love consoles. i cant aim well nor can i type. precision is for faggots, speaking of faggots - bruce? would you come in here, im ready to suck yuou off again in between my rounds of a platformer designed from children or the mentally infirmed, or a shooter with built-in autoaim becuase the input methods are so fail.

*clean cut, trim, perfectly manicured PC gamer in a banana republic polo sits upright at his immaculate desk. a 10keyless mechaincal; keyboard with cherry blue switches for precision typing and gaming echoes through his cavernous home, easily acquired due to his towering intellect allowing him to traverse the corporate ladder with ease and grace* I've been honing my skills for years. In the world of PC Gaming, the skill ceiling is unattainable by any save for only the most elite of gamers. Nonetheless I strive for perfection. Every round I concentrate on doing the best I possibly can. I don't have time to screw around with low-rent games for youths and my inferiors.

Smythe posted:

I'll humor you with a response, you simpering little human being.

1) No. even so, you get double, nay, quad frames on a windows with same hardware. Why? I dont loving know. I don't work in computers.

2) Pay close attention betty beta bitch: im a winner in every facet of my life. I was born a winner. I win at work. I win at girlfriends. and I win in happiness per capita. You don't know the first thing about video game ownership. Speaking of ownership, in the words of the legendary game designer Icefraud: I just pwned your head. Rofl

Smythe posted:

poor bitch barista fag

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

cremnob posted:

lmao 16th straight quarter of CPC declines but now google says its cause of youtube. uhhhhhhhhhhhhh youtube is literally the only product that could possibly get brand advertisers and its worse than their search ads lol
http://www.google.com/finance?cmpto=NASDAQ%3AAAPL&q=NASDAQ%3AGOOG

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

netflix has a p/e of 200

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

cremnob posted:

netflix has a p/e of 200

theres a big difference between a company like netflix, with rapid startup-like growth, and an established company like goog

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the point is the market is frequently dumb

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i think the point is ur wrong lol

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

peak google

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/12/technology/personaltech/googles-time-at-the-top-may-be-nearing-its-end.html

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

cool story from 5 months ago

tram creamnobs

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the real reason google is up lol

The company’s new financial chief, Ruth Porat, hinted on Thursday that Google, which has never repurchased stock or paid a dividend, might distribute some of its cash to shareholders. She suggested Google could issue debt to finance the program, or for acquisitions and other investments.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Nintendo Kid posted:

tram creamnobs

:toot:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

google is embracing their microsoft status completely and the previously reported spending "discipline" is part of that

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

cremnob posted:

google is embracing their microsoft status completely and the previously reported spending "discipline" is part of that

microsoft is an immensely profitable and popular company that is in great shape so of course they're embracing it.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

microsoft is an immensely profitable and popular company that is in great shape so of course they're embracing it.

lol

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

scroogled again

https://plus.google.com/+LinusTorvalds/posts/DiG9qANf5PA

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Google is worth $80 billion more than Microsoft now.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

scroogled again

http://fusion.net/story/168986/ex-googler-says-she-got-in-trouble-for-exposing-company-wide-pay-inequality/

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Yaos posted:

Has microsoft paid 80 billion in dividends yet?

Also why do companies sitting on piles of cash borrow money to pay dividends -- are bond markets that ridiculous?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

ShadowHawk posted:

Also why do companies sitting on piles of cash borrow money to pay dividends -- are bond markets that ridiculous?
with interest rates this low, you can't afford not to borrow money!!!

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

google is being reined in by shareholders and is reducing their google x PR spending to give dividends except their core business is fundamentally deteriorating unlike apple. youtube ads should be increasing CPCs cause its the most "destination site" that google has and should be able to attract brand advertising but they dont cause its garbage and people go to youtube when they're linked to it lol (google says the average viewing session is 40 mins but i bet u thats ppl listening to music on it)

and yea interest rates are low and its cheaper than paying taxes on repatriating cash

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Yaos posted:

now do apple vs google

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

all the music streaming sites are blocked at work so I use youtube, there's a lot of good poo poo on there

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

qirex posted:

all the music streaming sites are blocked at work so I use youtube, there's a lot of good poo poo on there

do they have that one where the guy is all passionate about how he wont give the girl up or let her down et. al ?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Dear Google Mail Team,

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

cremnob posted:

google says the average viewing session is 40 mins but i bet u thats ppl listening to music on it

the entire platform is monetised videos of people playing video games now hth

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
shouty man mined block. now this is some good poo poo

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Athletic Footjob posted:

shouty man mined block. now this is some good poo poo

this, except unironically + sometimes he also crafts block.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

this is really hosed up but not surprising for a company filled with awful garbage men that have no concept of empathy

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

ahmeni posted:

the entire platform is monetised videos of people playing video games now hth

yea that and music is why they're making music key and the twitch clone

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

google is a garbage company that has finally accepted that they are microsoft

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

ShadowHawk posted:

way more

quote:

they can't use overseas money to pay dividends or do buybacks without paying taxes on importing it first. but they can borrow very cheaply in Europe and Japan. now here is the brilliant part: once they start paying any real dividend that is higher than the bond rates, it becomes more cost effective to actually borrow money and buy back the stock than to pay the dividend on it. so basically they're using the lovely European market conditions as leverage to trim their shares at cut-rate prices. America wins again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

ShadowHawk posted:

bond markets are that ridiculous. having central bank rates under 0% for 5+ years distorts markets just a little bit

google's last bond issue had a 3.375% interest rate on a ten year bond

• Locked thread