Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Victor Valdes is off already.

@BBCSport: #mufc to sell Victor Valdes because "he doesn't follow my philosophy. There's no place for someone like that," says Louis van Gaal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Starsnostars posted:

Jordy Clasie to Southampton is a Done Deal

It's nice that we're replacing our players quickly.

Congrats on signing the Dutch Tom Cleverley.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Healbot posted:

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/vidal-bayern-trattativa-in-dirittura-darrivo-ecco-i-dettagli-delloperazione/

Di Marzio confirms the Vidal to Bayern rumour.

Edit: He's going so far as to say it's a done deal even.

I love google translating these pages to English.

"A negotiation lightning, born today, and almost close to its definition. Vidal to Bayern Monaco, a bargain at an advanced stage."

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

euroboy posted:

@BBCSport: #mufc to sell Victor Valdes because "he doesn't follow my philosophy. There's no place for someone like that," says Louis van Gaal.

Good. Wouldn't be good enough to be #1 anyway. He refused to play for the reserves, apparently.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Lmao LVG is doing the LVG stuff, *checks chart* and will have soured everyone in MUFC on him in exactly 1.694209000 more years

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

PirateBob posted:

Good. Wouldn't be good enough to be #1 anyway. He refused to play for the reserves, apparently.

I would also refuse as three times CL-winner tbh.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

euroboy posted:

rip victor valdes

you played one game and kept one clean sheet

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

rip victor valdes

you played one game and kept one clean sheet

Actually he played two games and kept one clean sheet.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

subs don't count

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

euroboy posted:

lmao I absolutely love Van Gaal hes the glorious bastard we needed after Moyes.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Healbot posted:

I would also refuse as three times CL-winner tbh.

Then you'd be the kind of huge entitled idiot that Valdes has been.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

lmao I absolutely love Van Gaal hes the glorious bastard we needed after Moyes.

Yeah the football really improved with him in charge.

Honestly, Woodward absolutely hosed any chances of Moyes being successful and them managed to pull his poo poo together once Van Gaal arrived. The football hasn't improved that much, you've just got far better players.

You'll do well this year and should challenege with the squad you're likely have at your disposal but if you don't and the football is still poo poo Van Gaal has been just as much a disaster as Moyes.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
gio do santos to la galaxy is a done deal

http://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2015/07/15/la-galaxy-sign-giovani-dos-santos-after-long-pursuit-mexican-superstar

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Ewar Woowar posted:

Honestly, Woodward absolutely hosed any chances of Moyes being successful and them managed to pull his poo poo together once Van Gaal arrived. The football hasn't improved that much, you've just got far better players.

You'll do well this year and should challenege with the squad you're likely have at your disposal but if you don't and the football is still poo poo Van Gaal has been just as much a disaster as Moyes.

From what I remember, Moyes/Giggs were unsure about Thiago and Herrera, Fabregas didn't want to come, and the Fellaini-deal went the way it did because Moyes didn't want him to be his first signing. Woodward's lack of experience when it came to transfer dealings probably didn't help, but if anyone hosed Moyes' chances it was Moyes himself.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Scherloch posted:

From what I remember, Moyes/Giggs were unsure about Thiago and Herrera, Fabregas didn't want to come, and the Fellaini-deal went the way it did because Moyes didn't want him to be his first signing. Woodward's lack of experience when it came to transfer dealings probably didn't help, but if anyone hosed Moyes' chances it was Moyes himself.

Actually if anyone hosed Moyes' chances it was Fergie.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

vyelkin posted:

Actually if anyone hosed Moyes' chances it was Fergie.

I was actually going to mention that, but then forgot. But yeah, Ferguson left behind a squad in need of a drastic overhaul.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Well this is weird. Liverpool fans have a lot of opinions...about man utd?????

Seriously though it must be so depressing when everyone else is pumped about the season starting and you've got to pretend firmino and coutinho will get ypu Into the CL. Good news though: Not too late to rereg as arsenal fans 🙇🙇🙇

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ayew played in preseason today and he was completely outshone by Marvin Emnes who replaced him in the 2nd half.

What a waste of money,

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Would love a bit of Bentekkers

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Breath Ray posted:

Seriously though it must be so depressing when everyone else is pumped about the season starting and you've got to pretend firmino and coutinho will get ypu Into the CL. Good news though: Not too late to rereg as arsenal fans 🙇🙇🙇

Liverpool are winning the league mate. Big Jimmy Milner was the missing piece.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Ewar Woowar posted:

Big Jimmy Milner is the missing link.

ftfy

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Di Marzio is apparently saying that Juventus have rejected a €22M bid from Arsenal for Daniele Rugani. I don't know who this guy is, and it would be weird for Arsenal to buy another cb.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Breath Ray posted:

I have some strong opinions on MUFC.

PirateBob posted:

Then you'd be the kind of huge entitled idiot that Valdes has been.
Unlike true professionals who cry about not being able to eat chips.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Benteke to United according to everyone's favorite football fanfic author

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I don't see the hair anywhere. Mods?????

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

everyone who misbolds should get that as an av

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bea Nanner posted:

everyone who misbolds should get that as an av

I wrote this on the very first page.

Pissflaps should have been Sandersoned

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

blue footed boobie posted:

I don't see the hair anywhere. Mods?????

lol I'm not kidding when I say it was his picture before and now it's not

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

lol I'm not kidding when I say it was his picture before and now it's not

I saw it. TheBigAristotle is no liar.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I'm not overly familiar with this guy - Jamie Sanderson just flat-out makes poo poo up apparently?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Ewar Woowar posted:

This just shows you havent watched any united matches over the past 2 years?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Healbot posted:

Old Kevin is still in Russian exile, but there's been rumblings about his return to the Bundesliga, though I'm not sure if Augsburg actually need him (or pay).
He's actually back in Germany and training with the Saarbrücken squad, waiting for a real team to sign him.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

This just shows you havent watched any united matches over the past 2 years?

Whys that? I'm pretty sure most United supporters admitted the football was almost as awful under Van Gaal than it was under Moyes

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Ewar Woowar posted:

Whys that? I'm pretty sure most United supporters admitted the football was almost as awful under Van Gaal than it was under Moyes

The football was by no means exciting but there were plenty of instances of the team actually being enjoyable to watch, probably highlighted best by the little patch that featured the wins over City and Liverpool. Under Moyes we were absolutely clueless, there seemed no rhyme or reason for the way we played and we went from being a team who were built on a speedy attack to one which had two midfielders trying to sit in front of the defence.

Moyes was totally out of his depth and had the players revolt over him. Van Gaal on the other hand has shown utter ruthlessness in geting rid of 2 players who he was considered to be friendly with because he doesnt see their benefit to the team. Moyes even admitted at one point that he didnt sub off RVP in a game as he was worried the fans would boo the substitution

Moyes absolutely fluffed it in all the big game, where as Van Gaal had a pretty decent record

You can say "Van Gaal spent more!" which he did, but Moyes one big signing of Fellaini was played out of position and looked absolutely dire, while Mata came in and did pretty much nothing. Both of those players became a lot more effective under LVG.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Van Gaal got a lot wrong last season with his tactics and player selections but he's got a lot right in his squad development and implementing an actual style of football. I am very optimistic about next season.

Moyes got one thing and that was playing Januzaj, literally everything else he did was wrong.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Januzaj is bad.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Moyes got slaughtered every time he tried to play Fellaini up front because he was a small time long ball merchant, Louis Van Gaal had the requisite clout to do the same thing and have it be called a masterstroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

sassassin posted:

Januzaj is bad.

This.

Taff- I did think there were some signs towards the end of the season of improvement but given the money spent do you think it was enough? I guess we'll see this season as surely after the buys you've made there can be no excuses now.

• Locked thread