Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Truga posted:

I'd also level miner to 50 if I could use that helmet on my other classes.

I learned the other day that you can /visor it to turn the headlamp on and off. (It actually changes the position of the switch, too.)

Sadly it doesn't light up the area directly in front of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Prism posted:

I learned the other day that you can /visor it to turn the headlamp on and off. (It actually changes the position of the switch, too.)

Sadly it doesn't light up the area directly in front of you.

In the secret world, you can wear a miners hat that has a light. Those levels were so loving rough.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Ugh. The level 58 gathering leves are in the hinterlands. :negative:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mordiceius posted:

Why on earth are you bothering to do gatherer leves post 50

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Is the official site the best place to pick up the bundle with Heavensward? Some pubbies were complaining that the official store sucks so I'm kinda reluctant to throw cash at it. :ohdear:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Is the official site the best place to pick up the bundle with Heavensward? Some pubbies were complaining that the official store sucks so I'm kinda reluctant to throw cash at it. :ohdear:

Bought Heavensward from the SE online store. Did not have any problems. I would say maybe they got how you activate your Heavensward early access is what sucked because it was alittle confusing but not too much.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Truga posted:

I'd also level miner to 50 if I could use that helmet on my other classes.

Is it Blacksmith that has the awesome Locke helmet? Cuz that's one of my favorites in the entire game.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Nothing else to burn leves on?

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Minrad posted:

Is it Blacksmith that has the awesome Locke helmet? Cuz that's one of my favorites in the entire game.
That's the Goldsmith turban. Blacksmith gets these goggles.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Don't do leves just for the sake of doing them, even if you're at the allowance cap.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How else are you gonna get the title that comes from earning 10 million gil from leves

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Hilda's outfit is neat, is it obtainable?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Thyrork posted:

It's specifically Hussar's Jackcoat , but you can get an extremely similar dyeable all class version.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Thyrork posted:

The model was from the i70 dungeon gear, but limited to DRG or MNK+NIN. It's now available as a level 51 "All Classes" crafting or gathering items and dyeable as well.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

To get extra exp in between collectable nodes.

Line Feed posted:

Been toying with using an Archaeoskin Jackcoat instead, so this outfit is a little outdated.

Now I finished the new outfit.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
To get invited to Third Party Tools do I need to apply at the guild hall/house thing? I checked ffgoons but I couldn't find the TPT thread.

e: Oh god why did I say yes to allowing the launcher to download Heavensward right now. :cry:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Buy it from Green Man Gaming or something. They usually have a coupon code. I bought it last week at 20% off.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Mikemo Tyson posted:

To get invited to Third Party Tools do I need to apply at the guild hall/house thing? I checked ffgoons but I couldn't find the TPT thread.

e: Oh god why did I say yes to allowing the launcher to download Heavensward right now. :cry:

You can right click a member of TPT, click View Company Details, and apply that way too. Current tag is EULA.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mikemo Tyson posted:

I couldnt find the house so I just hung around Ul'dah until I saw someone with the tag run by, right clicked them, brought up FC info and applied right from that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I've been working my way through the hard modes to unlock HLDR and good lord, the music in these dungeons is fantastic.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I've been working my way through the hard modes to unlock HLDR and good lord, the music in these dungeons is fantastic.

This is why I have very little sympathy for people who whine about the quest wall or unlocking HLDR/TR whatever. Oh no! This MMO has too much content!

Pretty much every post launch dungeon except maybe Copperbell HM is some shade of fun.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Mordiceius posted:

Stop giving me WoW flashbacks.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Was just in A1 and someone was running a parser. This blm was doing half my dmg and below the whm and they shamed him into leaving after we wiped on that mini boss. The sad thing is that I hosed up and didn't refresh enochian after the opener.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

This is why I have very little sympathy for people who whine about the quest wall or unlocking HLDR/TR whatever. Oh no! This MMO has too much content!

Pretty much every post launch dungeon except maybe Copperbell HM is some shade of fun.

Dzemael Darkhold is really miserable, especially as melee DPS. The perpetually exploding crystals were just awful.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

johnny park posted:

Dzemael Darkhold is really miserable, especially as melee DPS. The perpetually exploding crystals were just awful.

But you get the best-looking gear from it (unless you're a tank which gets ugly cow-patterened mail).

Aurum Vale is terrible though.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Stop giving me WoW flashbacks.

I'm just sad about it since I can't get to the hinterlands yet.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Does Prune/Dredge stack with Leaf Turn/Unearth?

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Does Prune/Dredge stack with Leaf Turn/Unearth?

Yeah it does, feels good to get over 50% HQ rate.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Jehuti posted:

Yeah it does, feels good to get over 50% HQ rate.

Okay, those abilities make WAY more sense now.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

How do I get Glacial Cores? A quick Google doesn't turn anything up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Make sure that you're actually searching for the right thing, first of all.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

http://www.garlandtools.org/db/#item/12724

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Wrong thread

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
And I just completed the MSQ. Really enjoyed it even if some of the level road blocks are aggravating, and they have a lot to play with for the upcoming patch storylines.

Just one thought, though: As metal as it was, one would have thought that Estinine would have eventually had his armor hosed down or something. After I while, it stopped being METAL and more "Wouldn't the Nidhogg jiblets go bad eventually?"

One question: Do they change anything in the 1-50 or patch storylines if you start off as an Au Ra?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Unlucky7 posted:

One question: Do they change anything in the 1-50 or patch storylines if you start off as an Au Ra?

Goofily, no. Yugiri doesn't even notice that you're a kinsman, which makes that whole scene calling attention to her attire incredibly silly.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doublestep posted:

i mean you use blessing on goods anyway but if it's worse after 6 rip

Unfortunately this isn't realistic to do at 60 anymore due to the super low rate on Good procs. It's entirely possible that you'll not have any opportunity to use it at all after 5-6 stacks. I've had at least a dozen sequences of 20-24 steps without a single Good/Excellent proc on level 60 recipes, which makes you super reliant on the full efficiency of Byregot's Blessing.

SirPhoebos posted:

If crafting is worse than drops/currency, what makes it profitable?

Also, I wish that retainers had a shared inventory space.

You're basically selling gear to other crafters and gatherers. The endgame tends to be cosmetic stuff - namely pets, bardings, items for glamour, materials for company crafting. Still, the bulk of sales are likely going to be other DoH and DoL items because they sell in extremely high volume.

As for why it's profitable, most items on Excalibur used to have an average of 50-100% markup depending on the class. Dunno how it is right now. Do keep in mind that the early bird gets a huge advantage. Only a few select people are going to buy some of the more expensive vanity stuff, later on depending on the item they can go 2-4 months without a single sale. Also, prices are crazy high on the first few days of new crafted content, some of the stuff going for 150k now were going (and selling fast) for 1-2m the first few days.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A question about macros. As I've finally started to catch up all my crafters (just 1 left until they're all 50+) I'm about to do a good amount of mass crafting of simple mats to get through the first level so that I can at least get them all in level 51 HW gear. I do this while I"m watching tv or a stream on my other monitor and I'd like to reduce the input as much as possible. Currently I do the following:
  • Create a macro with the amount of CSII steps I need for whatever I want to create in bulk.
  • Start a craft
  • Press whatever hotkey I have set for this macro (normally 1)
  • Press Numpad 0 twice to start a new craft
  • Repeat until out of mats or I'm done watching whatever.
Is there any way to make this easier? I assume I can't actually macro the Numpad 0 things so I can turn this all into a single button press per craft?

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos

Unlucky7 posted:

Just one thought, though: As metal as it was, one would have thought that Estinine would have eventually had his armor hosed down or something. After I while, it stopped being METAL and more "Wouldn't the Nidhogg jiblets go bad eventually?"

At the points where you're level-locked and he's the NPC to continue the MSQ, I just pictured him standing there for a while occasionally swatting at flies or flicking off a piece of gore. Once the Eye nearly backfired when he used it to break down the forcefield around Azys Lla, you'd think he'dve taken the first opportunity between then and the final battle to clean himself up, or at the very least avoid handling the second, fully-powered eye... but no, Chekov's Gun had been revealed, so they had to use it. I just wasn't expecting them to do it quite so soon.

I'm also a little bothered by the fact that Nidhogg's resurrection pretty much invalidates a lot of the progress you'd made in HW towards ending the Dragonsong War: Ishgard's defenses are as battered as they were before the events of HW, their organizational structure is arguably worse off in the short-term with the Church gone (though that means a lasting peace with the dragons is at least a possibility, and they've also rejoined the Eorzean Alliance which is a pretty big deal), and while the dragons are taking a temporary break, they're still out there and their general is now stronger than ever with both his eyes reclaimed. Oh well! v:shobon:v

GFBeach fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 16, 2015

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
These are really cool has anyone seen dps/heal versions?

http://i.imgur.com/smNx1ZX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PEnLMF9.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My general approach to crafting has been inner quiet > steady hand 1 > waste not (if it's a 40 durability item like an ingot) > standard touch for 4 times > great strides then standard synthesis again. I finish off with standard touch. I usually get HQ on these, if my starting mats were HQ.

I just got SH2 from my CUL. Should I switch to using that and hasty touch, then repairing with either masters mend? Then once my inner quiet stacks are high enough or I get an excellent rating use standard / advanced touch? Bear in mind none of my crafting classes are to 50 yet.

• Locked thread