Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011

Norns posted:

Tried to request an invite, but it looks like you don't have that enabled yet.

It's weird. There's two options. Public or invite only. Invite only means I can only invite people from my friendslist and like only some of them?
I'll make it public and let's see if how that works. Also you should probably tell me your characters name I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lordy posted:

It's weird. There's two options. Public or invite only. Invite only means I can only invite people from my friendslist and like only some of them?
I'll make it public and let's see if how that works. Also you should probably tell me your characters name I guess.

KimbapQQ

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

AlexJade posted:

As someone still building teams up in Gems of War, is there something better than running the arena for collecting cards? Should I be invading more?

The Arena is a decent source of regular keys if you can run the table consistently. Ignore the "buy your team" prompt at the end because it's a ridiculous number of gems. The guild task that gives six keys is also a lucrative source. Magic keys are an option for your gems -- a guaranteed Ultra Rare can be decent, though drawing an Epic from one is a disappointment -- but I'm switching to saving mine for a costume as I've gotten one Legendary from a double handful of Magics. High end cards come when they come.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Anyone else completely unable to log into Alphabear?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

The Arena is a decent source of regular keys if you can run the table consistently. Ignore the "buy your team" prompt at the end because it's a ridiculous number of gems. The guild task that gives six keys is also a lucrative source. Magic keys are an option for your gems -- a guaranteed Ultra Rare can be decent, though drawing an Epic from one is a disappointment -- but I'm switching to saving mine for a costume as I've gotten one Legendary from a double handful of Magics. High end cards come when they come.

Guild task seem like a best way to go. The highest level task is 6 keys for everyone at the cost of 33k gold. 30 people, the guild member limit, need to put in 1,100 gold to get them keys. And if you are in a max ranked guild your daily login is 1000 gold plus kingdom gold.

Just find a high rank public guild. I don't if you can look up guilds but i am in "OMG shoes" which has a few whales keeping me rolling in keys. And there is about 6 spots left.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 15, 2015

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

flatluigi posted:

Nope, played it 15 minutes ago

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

I had to uninstall the game because it was running at about 1/100 of the normal speed. It booted up to a white screen to try and resume my previous game, I never bothered waiting for it to fully boot, as I imagine it would have taken a very long time.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
No, I mean I wasn't able to ever log in (unable to connect) and when I uninstalled and reinstalled I still wasn't able to log in and had lost all my progress.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

mrkillboy posted:

The Android version of survival game This War Of Mine is out on the Play Store. You'll need a tablet to play it.

To add to this, if anyone is curious about running it on a phone I sideloaded the game onto my Xperia Z2 and it seems perfectly playable, though you probably wouldn't want to play it on any screen less than 5 inches. Games Republic are also selling the game (a DRM-free APK) if you can't get it through the Play Store.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

An interesting little game called Barcode Knight came out. Enter the dungeon, scan a barcode, and fight monsters.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

An interesting little game called Barcode Knight came out. Enter the dungeon, scan a barcode, and fight monsters.

Eagerly awaiting the sequel/knockoff QR code Knight.

Edit: It's a dollar, but I'm going to trust you on this one Kheldarn. Don't lead me astray!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

The Android version of survival game This War Of Mine is out on the Play Store. You'll need a tablet to play it.

I don't plan on buying the game again, but I played the everloving gently caress out of this game on Steam and it is absolutely worthy of your time and money.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
REDDEN is an intriguing new game that sees you steering projectile weapons through the air like arrows and bullets towards their targets. It seems pretty cool, and has a delightfully kooky story involving talking junk to boot.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I can't find half of these Dragon Blaze players. I think maybe you need to share your character name not your account name?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
SimpleRockets is Amazon's free app of the day if you haven't checked already, looks pretty fun.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Knightmare posted:

SimpleRockets is Amazon's free app of the day if you haven't checked already, looks pretty fun.

Correction it IS ptetty fun.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rapner posted:

I can't find half of these Dragon Blaze players. I think maybe you need to share your character name not your account name?

Yes use character name, not account.

Leaving mine again: KimbapQQ

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

This game is pretty boring to start with, Kheldarn!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Knightmare posted:

Poor man's Kerbal Space Program, better have a good imagination to get any fun out of it.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Is there a trick to sideloading something like This War of Mine? I bought it with my nexus 7 on the play store, then moved the apk and obb files over to my nexus 6 and installed the apk. It just loops the intro video though. It loads past that fine on my nexus 7, but I really don't use it anymore and would prefer to play it on my phone if that's at all possible

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Aralan posted:

Is there a trick to sideloading something like This War of Mine? I bought it with my nexus 7 on the play store, then moved the apk and obb files over to my nexus 6 and installed the apk. It just loops the intro video though. It loads past that fine on my nexus 7, but I really don't use it anymore and would prefer to play it on my phone if that's at all possible

Unfortunately it looks like the game has different apks depending on your device's GPU, which might be the cause of your problem since the Nexus 7 has a Tegra chipset and the Nexus 6 has an Adreno. The version Games Republic is selling works with all GPUs (and you can sideload it onto a phone) but I assume that might not really be an option since you already handed Google your money.

edit: huh, that's odd. I'm getting the same intro looping problem as you did now. Looks like it might be a common issue.

edit2: I cleared the app data and now it seems to work. You could try doing that.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 16, 2015

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Norns posted:

Yes use character name, not account.

Leaving mine again: KimbapQQ

Yep, can't find it. I'm RapnerSA (account) and Zulric (player).

Edit: I'm on the Asia server. That's probably it. I presume you're all on some kind of NA server.

Rapner fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 16, 2015

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I've got some flights coming up and since cannot possibly live for a few hours without entertainment. I was immediately drawn the various Final Fantasies, but immediately turned off when I learned they phoned home every time you launched the app and since I'd be sans-Internet, well...

These were released years ago though. Do they still phone home? Will I still be unable to play them with an active connection? The OP also seems to have some interesting words about Tactics. Is there a specific Final Fantasy that works better/sucks less than the rest of them?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Turns out gems of war is Strayan. gently caress yeah straya!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For any Dragon Ball fans Bandai Namco have released a new game called DRAGON BALL Z DOKKAN BATTLE. Pocket Gamer says its some kind of puzzle/board game hybrid; I tried to watch a video of the gameplay but all it did was leave me even more confused.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rapner posted:

Yep, can't find it. I'm RapnerSA (account) and Zulric (player).

Edit: I'm on the Asia server. That's probably it. I presume you're all on some kind of NA server.

Yes on US. The servers are seperate.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Star Wars: Uprising is out in soft launch in a few territories (:australia: for one). Its a dungeon crawler in the same vein as Marvel Future Fight, set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. It should be out worldwide in the lead up to the new film.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I restarted Alphabear in order to make sure I get all the bears before fighting the bosses, but I can't seem to get Viking Bear from Chapter 2. Can someone tell me I'm remembering things wrong and that one is actually in Chapter 3 so I can stop going insane?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

precision posted:

I restarted Alphabear in order to make sure I get all the bears before fighting the bosses, but I can't seem to get Viking Bear from Chapter 2. Can someone tell me I'm remembering things wrong and that one is actually in Chapter 3 so I can stop going insane?

I'm pretty sure viking bear is in chapter 2 and you're just unlucky. Took me forever to get werebear for some reason too. There should be an information thing in on thr rop of the screen you can click on the bear selection screen that tells you what bears you can get for that level.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

mrkillboy posted:

For any Dragon Ball fans Bandai Namco have released a new game called DRAGON BALL Z DOKKAN BATTLE. Pocket Gamer says its some kind of puzzle/board game hybrid; I tried to watch a video of the gameplay but all it did was leave me even more confused.

Anyone else giving this a shot? I got base form Frieza for the tutorial, not sure if I got lucky or if that's normal. I haven't played anything quite like it before.. There's a board game, team members, color matching, all sorts of stuff going on. Once I get deeper I can probably explain it better, but I'm digging it so far.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm pretty sure viking bear is in chapter 2 and you're just unlucky. Took me forever to get werebear for some reason too. There should be an information thing in on thr rop of the screen you can click on the bear selection screen that tells you what bears you can get for that level.

Literally got him right after I posted. Got him from a Silver egg, the first Silver egg I've gotten. Since Viking is a Common, I'm guessing there's some dumb system in play where Gold eggs don't give Common bears often; they just keep leveling up the three Rare Bears I already have.

Got Ninja Bear from the 400-coin battle. +15 seconds to timed stages. :stare:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

Anyone else giving this a shot? I got base form Frieza for the tutorial, not sure if I got lucky or if that's normal. I haven't played anything quite like it before.. There's a board game, team members, color matching, all sorts of stuff going on. Once I get deeper I can probably explain it better, but I'm digging it so far.

Sure why not. In as Len.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

precision posted:

They really screwed up the bear collecting part of the game, and I'm glad I held off on buying it. I'm not going to pay 5bux for a game where I can be locked out of certain features forever, without ever being warned beforehand.

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013
Has anyone tried Tower of Hero? It's another incremental RPG similar to tap titans. Share strats if you can.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Len posted:

Sure why not. In as Len.

You need the "ID code".. i'm 2721569183

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

GBS Ambassador posted:

Has anyone tried Tower of Hero? It's another incremental RPG similar to tap titans. Share strats if you can.

For a little bit. I quit and switched to Zombie Hive which would be way better if it had offline progress.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

New Leaf posted:

You need the "ID code".. i'm 2721569183

Mine's 1776972259

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Why don't we set up some kind of invite code thread in PGS for all Android games like the iOS one? That way we don't have a bunch of contextless code posts every time someone discovers the F2P game du jour.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

last I checked.. android isn't iOS, we aren't sheeple so we don't follow we lead.
Thanks have a nice day

What else would we talk about anyways.. iOs gets all the cool games we get nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

precision posted:

Literally got him right after I posted. Got him from a Silver egg, the first Silver egg I've gotten. Since Viking is a Common, I'm guessing there's some dumb system in play where Gold eggs don't give Common bears often; they just keep leveling up the three Rare Bears I already have.

Got Ninja Bear from the 400-coin battle. +15 seconds to timed stages. :stare:

Wait wait, I'm supposed to play badly on purpose to get common bears? That's idiotic! I've only gotten silver eggs on blitzes, and evne those only when I've been distracted by something else.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 16, 2015