Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Robinho is off to Guangzhou Evergrande

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Lot 49 posted:

Van Gaal got a lot wrong last season with his tactics and player selections but he's got a lot right in his squad development and implementing an actual style of football. I am very optimistic about next season.

Moyes got one thing and that was playing Januzaj, literally everything else he did was wrong.

he's gonna drop a load of points with player selection again this year, phwoar

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

So according to Di Marzio Sergio Romero could find his way to the Old Trafford, at €2m a year.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Skysports are saying that Kaboul is having a medical at Sunderland in a £3m deal.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Liverpool have activated Bentekes release clause. Lol

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

MrBling posted:

Skysports are saying that Kaboul is having a medical at Sunderland in a £3m deal.

lmao

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

euroboy posted:

They are going to be so bad next season.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Liverpool's transfer policy of "Keep buying players who score against us" will eventually work. Eventually.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

irlZaphod posted:

Liverpool's transfer policy of "Keep buying players who score against us" will eventually work. Eventually.

I'm just glad we kept a clean sheet against the Malaysian all stars (or whatever they were)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bye clasie 😔

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

euroboy posted:

Whats so funny about that

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
32.5m seems crazy but in a world where Sterling goes for 49m I just don't know anymore.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

benteke is always injured btw but he's really good when he's healthy

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

straight up brolic posted:

benteke is always injured btw but he's really good when he's healthy

This is my biggest concern as he seems to have missed a lot of games over the past couple of seasons.

Maybe he and Sturridge will be injured at different times.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Some Bolton fans have decided to try and crowd fund the purchase of Adam le Fondre

http://www.gofundme.com/zf787x4

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Some Bolton fans have decided to try and crowd fund the purchase of Adam le Fondre

http://www.gofundme.com/zf787x4

shouldn't they have used kickstarter?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Didn't Benteke go through a huge goal drought (post injury?) before coming good at the end of last season?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

hadji murad posted:

Didn't Benteke go through a huge goal drought (post injury?) before coming good at the end of last season?
he's not a player who has natural form, he needs to play his way into a rhythm, which is why his injury problems are a worry

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

hadji murad posted:

I don't think anyone can be blamed for not scoring under Lambert at Villa

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wow Benteke is the most expensive Belgian player....

until City sign De Bruyne

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

beedeebee posted:

Wow Benteke is the most expensive Belgian player....

until Bayern sign De Bruyne

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

I'm not sure about Benteke at Liverpool. I mean, he's obviously a good striker but I'm not sure the kind of football Liverpool like to play will suit him particularly well.

Also there's the injury worries - the last thing we need is another striker who is never fit. And the price is pretty ridiculously high.

The only thing is, I am having difficulty thinking of someone I think would work really well in the role, and could also be available. Maybe someone like Mauro Icardi?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

tarbrush posted:

I'm just glad we kept a clean sheet against the Malaysian all stars (or whatever they were)

It was the Thai all stars but I keep saying Malaysian as well, don't know what's up with that.

Benteke will either be really good or another waste of money, I don't have strong opinions of him but I'm glad we're getting all our business done early.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
These new prices are making me think that Chelsea should've held out for more money for David Luiz.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

These new prices are making me think that Chelsea should've held out for more money for David Luiz.

If you'd held out much longer you'd have got 50p for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo2_yFv1kmQ

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Myssu posted:

The only thing is, I am having difficulty thinking of someone I think would work really well in the role, and could also be available. Maybe someone like Mauro Icardi?

Wanda Nara could be the new Aidy Ward.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

If you'd held out much longer you'd have got 50p for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo2_yFv1kmQ

That was Fred's fault

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
that Sterling money was burning a hole in LFC's pocket pretty badly

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Someone has been putting a shedload of money on Austin to Newcastle, so betting has been suspended

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

ayb posted:

that Sterling money was burning a hole in LFC's pocket pretty badly

They will receive £36m (rising to £39m) while QPR gets the rest. From Liverpool's point of view, they are buying Benteke for 0.9 Sterlings. :raise:

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Outside of Benteke, there's possibilities with Cavani, Kane (bit risky), Lewandowski (though can't see Bayern giving up their strongest and main world class striker, epecially after they said there would be no more transfers to United this window), Lacazette (who is a bit of a risk like Kane) and Higuain (who would be a royal gently caress-up).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Myssu posted:

Also there's the injury worries - the last thing we need is another striker who is never fit. And the price is pretty ridiculously high.
He doesn't have injury worries, he's had 1 major injury which had him out for 6 months. Aside from that, he's missed a few matches here and there.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
It's amazing how quick big teams are to write off a player and bring in someone new nowadays. Liverpool have signed Suarez, Carroll, Bellamy, Sturridge, Borini, Aspas, Origi, Lambert, Balotelli, Ings and now Benteke in the past 5 years. Man Utd have signed Powell, Fellaini, Herrera, Blind, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin in the past 3 years.

I miss the good old days when managers would stick with a bad player for 4 years.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

He doesn't have injury worries, he's had 1 major injury which had him out for 6 months. Aside from that, he's missed a few matches here and there.

That's even more worrying as it doesn't explain the large swathes of the season where he's useless

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Monday Bandele posted:

That's even more worrying as it doesn't explain the large swathes of the season where he's useless

Paul Lambert

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

I miss the good old days when managers would stick with a bad player for 4 years.

Let me tell you about a man named Arsene Wenger....

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

It's amazing how quick big teams are to write off a player and bring in someone new nowadays. Liverpool have signed Suarez, Carroll, Bellamy, Sturridge, Borini, Aspas, Origi, Lambert, Balotelli, Ings and now Benteke in the past 5 years. Man Utd have signed Powell, Fellaini, Herrera, Blind, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin in the past 3 years.

Outside of Powell and possibly Di Maria if he leaves, all those United players will get plenty of games this season. If Di Maria stays then he will too

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
£35m gets Arsenal Alexis Sanchez

£32m gets Chelsea Diego Costa

£32.5m gets Liverpool....

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Broletariat posted:

£32.5m gets Liverpool a player who will actually come to Liverpool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Broletariat posted:

You just discovering the "poo poo team tax" m8?

• Locked thread