Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I made a godzilla thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731366

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

When does the Witcher patch come out? I'm waiting to continue my game until they improve Geralt's handling.

alternative controls will be tank controls

i hope

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The gold headset is really built like crap. I can't believe how busted mine looks after a year of moderate use. yellow foam sticking out everywhere, mushy buttons...I guess it still works fine which is what matters but this thing clearly wasn't built to last.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Attitude Indicator posted:

alternative controls will be tank controls

i hope
I hate everything you stand for.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I hope the new movement system is Geralt pirouetting every where instead of walking or running.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Housh posted:

Guilty Gear Xrd is on sale on PSN Canada for $30. Is that worth it or is Revelator around the corner?

If you plan to put a good amount of time into it, yeah. Revelator ain't coming out for at least 6 months to a year from now probably

It's one of the best fightgames out there right now

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

sellouts posted:

Never change, goons.

So wait, you're making fun of me for not wanting to spend $200 on headphones, or because I didn't think they were discounted enough or what?

The only other good Amazon deals were the PS4 bundle and Bloodborne for $30 and I already owned both of those. I bought a wireless laser printer instead :cool:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Hi! I have a question about the ps3 (slim), I can't tell if it's breaking or if the disc I'm using is bad. I am playing MGS HD collection and am having some problems with cutscenes. The disc doesn't look flawless but there are no big scratches either and I've cleaned it. I also opened the ps3 and blew all the dust out.

The problem is that at specific parts it freezes. I can still access the quit menu so I quit out of the game, and sometimes it takes like 4-5 minutes to quit out. I'm not playing anything else right now so I don't know if my PS3 is dying or not. If a disc is hosed up, is it normal for the ps3 to behave really weird? I've never seen this with any other games, and I did play this game 2 years ago and it worked fine then.
edit: the more I think about it the more it seems to be obviously a disc issue. But, man... It does make the ps3 behave weirdly. Also sometimes when a cutscene loads it can take up to a minute (with the problem cutscene) and sometimes show subtitles when everything else is frozen. Also in MGS2 I got a couple of problems (playing 3 now, near the end) and I just tried that MGS2 scene again and it worked fine. With this cutscene sometimes it plays a bit and sometimes it doesn't load up at all.

redreader fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jul 16, 2015

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

NESguerilla posted:

The gold headset is really built like crap. I can't believe how busted mine looks after a year of moderate use. yellow foam sticking out everywhere, mushy buttons...I guess it still works fine which is what matters but this thing clearly wasn't built to last.

Are you rough with them? I use mine a lot, and after a year, they're still pretty well pristine.

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.
MediaMarkt Germany is offering a deal (only today) with PS4 500gb, 1 additional controller, FIFA 15 and the camera for 394 EUR.

Normally that prices only adds a controller or a game, and I have been wanting to buy me a PS4 for some time now. Should I pull the trigger or wait for the upcoming models? After last generation I'm somewhat afraid of buying the first batch of consoles

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

Cable posted:

MediaMarkt Germany (...)

The only issue that seems to be around is the eject button being overly sensitive. The new version has a 1tb harddrive, but its still cheaper to put in 2tb on your own. Edit: that is one cheap bundle btw.

1-Up fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 16, 2015

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.

1-Up posted:

The only issue that seems to be around is the eject button being overly sensitive. The new version has a 1tb harddrive, but its still cheaper to put in 2tb on your own. Edit: that is one cheap bundle btw.

I'm used to a sensitive eject button, I had one of the last Xbox 360, I normally have the console far away from me so shouldn't be a problem.

What about the model with the improved energy efficiency model without the shiny black cover?

Also, noob question: do Playstations have any kind of region locking? I'm from Spain and I'm worried about German censorship on videogame violence.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No region locking for games, BD/DVD's are locked as always.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Technically true, but DLC IS locked to the region the copy of the main game is from. PAL stuff often works - for example, DLC from the Australian store works with a UK copy of a game. Dunno how Spain and Germany might play though.

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.

BreakAtmo posted:

Dunno how Spain and Germany might play though.

We have only 1 store for the EU, so I don't think there would be a problem.

Another question though: how do languages work, normally? Is a disc limited to having a number of languages available? I know that my German copy of Winning Eleven/PES 2012 only has German and French.

I want to buy Shadows of Mordor but I don't want to be locked to German+English (although I play everything in English)

In case this changes on a game basis, is there any website I can check to see the different versions of a given game?

Thanks in advance!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I bet they'll region lock Persona 5 just so Europe can't get it until winter 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't make me angry.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hakkesshu posted:

I bet they'll region lock Persona 5 just so Europe can't get it until winter 2016

That ain't funny, Atlus fucks us enough as it is :negative:.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

Don't make me angry.
Your avatar already looks pretty angry.

I seriously wonder if Sony ever has a plan to modernize the whole PSN, or will it be like it is forever?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samurai Sanders posted:

Your avatar already looks pretty angry.

I seriously wonder if Sony ever has a plan to modernize the whole PSN, or will it be like it is forever?

It'd be nice if they'd fix the goddamn catagories by console again. Hunting down PSOne games is not easy with it as-is.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It'd be nice if they'd fix the goddamn catagories by console again. Hunting down PSOne games is not easy with it as-is.

The trick is not to use the console but to use the website. Pick the console you want to play on, All Games, then check PS One Classics on the left.

"Don't use the console" is pretty much a blanket statement when it comes to the store.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Obsurveyor posted:

The trick is not to use the console but to use the website. Pick the console you want to play on, All Games, then check PS One Classics on the left.

"Don't use the console" is pretty much a blanket statement when it comes to the store.

Kinda blows my mind the store is so bad on the console. Yes sony, make it difficult for me to spend money on your console, grand idea.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

With playing so much rocket league and other online games on the horizon, I bought the Gold headset yesterday. The standard PS4 one ear plug one gets uncomfortable after a while. All my friends have said favorable things about it.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Cable posted:

MediaMarkt Germany is offering a deal (only today) with PS4 500gb, 1 additional controller, FIFA 15 and the camera for 394 EUR.

Normally that prices only adds a controller or a game, and I have been wanting to buy me a PS4 for some time now. Should I pull the trigger or wait for the upcoming models? After last generation I'm somewhat afraid of buying the first batch of consoles

If you don't care about any of the current bundles in particular, you should wait until the 1tb model is out. Not for the drive space, but for the apparent increase in power efficiency. I'm perfectly happy with my first batch ps4 (that I've since upgraded to 2tb) and I have no plans to replace mine, but if I were presented with your situation I'd say it's worth the wait.

Now, if a store has a sale where the old model is something like $100 off you may as well opt for that instead since the power savings probably won't add up to that much during its lifetime, so just keep an objective eye on the bundles that come available

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I finally decided I had to do something about my reliance on the PS4's wifi adapter, and opted to try out powerline-ethernet for the first time. The before/after connection tests had the PS4's downstream leap from 16Mbps to 45Mbps! I should have done this when I bought the PS4 in the first place :doh:

magimix fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 16, 2015

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Cable posted:

We have only 1 store for the EU, so I don't think there would be a problem.

Another question though: how do languages work, normally? Is a disc limited to having a number of languages available? I know that my German copy of Winning Eleven/PES 2012 only has German and French.

Most games will just use the language your system is set at (eg: i live in Germany but my PS4 is set to english giving me english voices/text in games).
Games in the digital store will always tell you which languages are actually available; Physical games don't seem to have that written on the packaging but a quick check at Amazon should help you there. Also: I've never had a PS3 or PS4 game without at least english language option (edit: they obviously exist, but are pretty rare).

Dr Sun Try fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 16, 2015

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

NESguerilla posted:

Speak for yourself, Ive had mine for about a year now (got it just as Destiny came out) and mine are in near mint condition. No cracks, no foam sticking out, looks great. You must be thrashing yours about somehow.

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.

Dr Sun Try posted:

Also: I've never had a PS3 or PS4 game without at least english language option (edit: they obviously exist, but are pretty rare).

Yup, English seems to be always available. I'd like to have the Spanish option available though, but I know i'm being picky.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Darksiders 2 HD Turbo Remix is only $30 on Amazon. Not a bad price for an HD remaster jawn.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd go for it if it included the first game but Darksiders 2 starts out pretty okay then gets worse and worse as it goes on.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Static Rook posted:

So wait, you're making fun of me for not wanting to spend $200 on headphones, or because I didn't think they were discounted enough or what?

The only other good Amazon deals were the PS4 bundle and Bloodborne for $30 and I already owned both of those. I bought a wireless laser printer instead :cool:

I didn't own any of the games so I jumped on a PS4 bundle. Went from the 1% to the .000001%. Two PS4s in the home. I feel like Marty McFly when he told his uncle he owns two TVs.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd go for it if it included the first game but Darksiders 2 starts out pretty okay then gets worse and worse as it goes on.

I read this wondering how a fighting game can get worse and worse as it goes on and then I remembered there's no actual Darkstalkers HD remake...sadly.

But yeah Darksiders 2 is a mediocre to bad game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Swapping my PS4 hard drive was a pretty painless experience, apart from forgetting that the portable drive I had the update on wasn't FAT32.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yodzilla posted:

I read this wondering how a fighting game can get worse and worse as it goes on and then I remembered there's no actual Darkstalkers HD remake...sadly.

But yeah Darksiders 2 is a mediocre to bad game.

It's not HD, I guess, but you can Darkstalkers Chronicles on PS3. Its a port of the PSP game that mashes all the various games together

monkeyboydc
Dec 3, 2007

Unfortunately, we had to kut the English budget at the Ivalice Magick Ackcademy.

Vintersorg posted:

Speak for yourself, Ive had mine for about a year now (got it just as Destiny came out) and mine are in near mint condition. No cracks, no foam sticking out, looks great. You must be thrashing yours about somehow.

Mine still look great too. To be fair, I heard the hinges were awful, so I've been careful when opening and folding it back up. Though, I did bring them to work for a while and let them rattle around in my bag while travelling on the bus and on the two mile walk between stops.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

What level am I supposed to be fighting Darkbeast Paarl in Bloodborne? I'm at 52 or so and he's obliterating me.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

What level am I supposed to be fighting Darkbeast Paarl in Bloodborne? I'm at 52 or so and he's obliterating me.

The cool part about Paarl is you get access to him really early but you don't have to kill him for a long time. Actually, he's always optional. So feel free to put him off if he's wrecking you.

I don't remember what level number I was, sorry.

Have you done UnseenVillage yet? If not feel free to delay.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

PS4 is finally getting the corn styled dynamic theme that we've all been demanding

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1476086&p=48206829

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

The cool part about Paarl is you get access to him really early but you don't have to kill him for a long time. Actually, he's always optional. So feel free to put him off if he's wrecking you.

I don't remember what level number I was, sorry.

Have you done UnseenVillage yet? If not feel free to delay.

I found him through getting kidnapped, if that's what you mean. I know he's optional but I'd like to beat him eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I've played a lot of video games with my 7yo son. There's a big skill difference between us (which will probably reverse at some point in the next five-eight years) and that makes some two player games frustrating. Then there are some games, like the Lego games where it doesn't matter... unfortunately, because I don't enjoy them nearly as much as he does. Then a game comes along where it doesn't matter at all because we're having so much fun shouting at the screen and trash-talking, our AI team-mates and each other.... and that game is Rocket League.

Can't remember the last time we had this much fun with a game.

...actually I can. It was when we discovered you could use the right stick to make the rider in Trials Fusion continue to spasm and move after he crashed. But Rocket League is better.

I suck far too much to ever play it competitively. I get the feeling it has a crazy high skill ceiling. But we're having a blast with offline 3v3 on opposing teams.

• Locked thread