Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Yea we should find the sweet spot and just keep doing that so we can get the bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
That's fine by me. I'll set it for the previous one tomorrow. Maybe if we can fill out with some more active people we can try again in a few days.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I put a feast.

e: lol nevermind

e2: Most of our issue with this current stage is that we're missing like ten people.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 15, 2015

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the pubbies are rude

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
So, talked about it a bit in guild, but just got a particularly hilarious reminder about how good Elder Dwarf is:

Fought some guy in arena w/ an Atalanta which was hitting my Pyrona & Night Sentinel for about 4k a hit with her ult. Eventually, it came down to Elder Dwarf vs Atalanta. Atalanta's full ult couldn't even break his shield.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
atalanta is garbage past like 45 though

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
it took me over a week to farm the 50 dragon slaying scroll pieces for my snow queen, which I finally accomplished yesterday. Naturally, in the first angel trial chest I opened today I got 4 completed scrolls.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

it took me over a week to farm the 50 dragon slaying scroll pieces for my snow queen, which I finally accomplished yesterday. Naturally, in the first angel trial chest I opened today I got 4 completed scrolls.

I wish this would happen to me because I sure need a lot of loving whale bridles. 42/50 for Dwarf hitting P+4.

e: It isn't until now that I realize how many characters have Hit that's in the loving toilet. Like, holy poo poo. Most archers and warriors get gently caress all for hit. Compare to Nereida and Pyrona who are COVERED in it. Even Djinni has a hefty amount.

Nightblade, Amazon and Astral Hunter have hit runes. The other archers don't. The majority of mages do. Most warriors don't (though Earthshaker gets a billion hit from passive). There's a bunch of characters whose runes I can't see though.

This changes my outlook on the three Offensive emblems. They all add nice chunks of Hit to characters.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 15, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Big feast at 2100 server.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Trying to figure out the best way to set up ancient arena. I'm in the top 500 (211 right now) even though I'm vastly underpowered sitting at level 62. I'm only there because it's easy to climb when you don't have to beat someone's first string. So really I'm free pickings for anyone who sees me, but I'd still like to determine the best way to set my defense.

I'm under the impression that I should either hide my 2nd string, or evenly split my top 10 people and hide one of the two of them. Hiding your best team just means they will skip them and hiding your worst team doesn't help you if they understand simple algebra (but maybe that happens).

Additionally, I have Lunar Priestess and Mermaid leveled. I'm trying to figure out if I should run one healer with each group or if it's any good to stack them. Also if I have Mermaid in a group, do I want to run her in the front as a 3rd front liner? It seems like she has decent tanking stats so far. Right now my 2nd string front is Zwei, summoner, and mermaid. I could pluck Nerieda from 1st string back (exposed) row and move her to 2nd string front if that is better.

What are people's thoughts on Amazon Hunter or Earthshaker? I'm very close to unlocking both of them. I also just unlocked blood baroness but I'm leaning towards not leveling her.

Lastly, what are people buying with the treasure raid shop coins beyond slot tickets? So far I've just been hoarding my coins and not really levelling my emblems.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Amazon is great and really obnoxious. I've instantly killed backrow targets by critting the poison knife and then having them die of poison when they take their first turn.

e: I was tempted to go to VIP6 for the extra 2 training slots I get soon, but at $150 for that? Hell no. I hit VIP5 today solely because they have a nice double diamond sale on and I felt like throwing some cash at them for the nice additions they did recently.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 16, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Big feast at noon server (so 1.5 hours from now).

Also here's a L77 P+4 dwarf (no additional items equipped) with 40 in all runes but agi.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tsurupettan posted:

Big feast at noon server (so 1.5 hours from now).

Also here's a L77 P+4 dwarf (no additional items equipped) with 40 in all runes but agi.

Here he is at level 80, P+4, 5*, level 50 runes (not agi), and all items except for the orange ones:

And here's one of the new hard-to-get heroes, Mysterious Count. I've only seen pieces in the celestial store. He's only at 2* and P+2 here. Items and runes are minimal at the moment. He seems like he'll hit like a truck if I ever manage to get him to 5* and full runes/gear. Good damage, decent crit, and high hit. His runes are for HP, damage, agility, hit, and crit. I think maxed out he's designed to hit fast and hard.

Skill overview:
Cursed sword (Active) - Deals damage to all enemies in his row, and all enemies in the rear line. Has a chance to stun a random enemy from the rear line for 2 turns.
Toxic flash (random) - Some fuckin poison swords show up and hit 5 times (random targets), 3 of those targets will be poisoned
Sword of blood (passive) - increases attack
Nether sense (passive) - increases crit and hit

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Mysterious Count looks like bullshit. In the good way. Guess I'd better start building up excess stones to grab him from the Celestial store.

Thanks for posting your Elder Dwarf. Does the level cap on runes increase at 80, by the way?

Also I said this in game, but I almost got hosed because I underestimated a Bloodrazor from a Nightblade. The enemy arena team was ~9k BR under mine so I just said 'whatever' and ran with it. Nightblade ruined my bottom row of Grimbow and Berserker with a first round Bloodrazor (row nuke+bleed). I only won because Elder Dwarf owns and the other formation had no healing.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tsurupettan posted:

Thanks for posting your Elder Dwarf. Does the level cap on runes increase at 80, by the way?

it does not, I thought it would go up again but it looks like runes are capped at 50 unless there's another tier that gets unlocked at 85.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I need a third archer for hero trial. Between amazon and night blade, who is more worth the effort?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I will be dropping a big feast at 12 server tomorrow.

Also, gently caress yeah, looking forward to slapping a heart earring on Pyrona. I don't even care about the next tier, just the fact this means she always ends Angel Trial floors with full rage as long as I kill something with her fireball.

e: :siren: Outlet is back and it has Dark Paladin soulstones in it. :siren:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 17, 2015

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Well, there goes my gems. Should get Dark Paladin close to 4* with this event.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
yo just FYI dark paladin is kind of disappointing at high levels. It's cool that he has to be killed twice, but his damage is rear end and he's easily countered by "anything that does magic damage"

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

yo just FYI dark paladin is kind of disappointing at high levels. It's cool that he has to be killed twice, but his damage is rear end and he's easily countered by "anything that does magic damage"

Sitting with 0 stones for him currently, this makes me think I should invest more into Night Sentinel instead with these tokens. Once I 5 star him I can spend my arena points on someone else.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
is anyone else having issues doing stuff? The outlet doesn't load for me and trying to open Guild or Angels crashes the game.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I want him for completion and because I want a primary tank for my third AA/Wharf team that isn't zwei or nether.

e: I mean if you have a better idea I am all ears. My only other idea was to make Astral Child my primary tank on the third team. I really don't like NK/Zwei. Dwarf and RK are my first two team's primary tanks.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 17, 2015

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Tsurupettan posted:

I want him for completion and because I want a primary tank for my third AA/Wharf team that isn't zwei or nether.

e: I mean if you have a better idea I am all ears. My only other idea was to make Astral Child my primary tank on the third team. I really don't like NK/Zwei. Dwarf and RK are my first two team's primary tanks.

Why is RK better than NK?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

is anyone else having issues doing stuff? The outlet doesn't load for me and trying to open Guild or Angels crashes the game.

Yup same for me.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Boozie posted:

Why is RK better than NK?

I think it's just personal preference. NK relies on his shield, RK has crazy dodge/parry.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I am in the high 60s and he has tailed off, particularly because everyone else is 4*. That said, he is good enough for my second team and I have little else I want to spend my gems on.

Even if I got Zwihander, DP would go on my third team; I want to finish Grimbow so it will be a long time before that happens anyways.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Yeah, a big problem with Zwei is that he's the worst Arena hero. I'd much rather have Djinni / Night Sentinel + PvE tanks than Zweihander + a PvE healer, and Grimbow is fantastic all around.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Finally got two 5* heroes... The problem was that I approached this game like HC where a huge stable is necessary, so I had 14 4*s before one of them rolled over to 5*

The good thing is pyrona, wolfboy, and dwarf are all fairly close to 5*

Yudo
May 15, 2003

padijun posted:

Finally got two 5* heroes... The problem was that I approached this game like HC where a huge stable is necessary, so I had 14 4*s before one of them rolled over to 5*

The good thing is pyrona, wolfboy, and dwarf are all fairly close to 5*

With the emblem system and ancient arena, having a decent stable is a very good thing. Of course, this is why they did it: to stretch your resources thin developing more than a handful of heroes thus make people more likely to use money. I can't field a team strong enough to get into the top 200 of the old arena, but I can usually find someone to take 2 out of 3.

It's too bad the game gives tons of free shards for heroes I will likely never use e.g. all of the free exorcist or valk can take mine to 4*, but it is barely worth the gold to do it.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
I just wanna say that Astral Hunter is an absolute beast, especially against full-formation stuff. He's hard to star up, but even at 3* he does so much damage against Treasure Hunt.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Niton posted:

I just wanna say that Astral Hunter is an absolute beast, especially against full-formation stuff. He's hard to star up, but even at 3* he does so much damage against Treasure Hunt.

Good to hear. I just pulled him from a daily free pull, and I'm thinking of leveling him up instead of the other non-grimbow archers that I have (green ranger, nightblade) for trials or whatever

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
What are we spending guild upgrade point on now boys?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Roid666 posted:

What are we spending guild upgrade point on now boys?

These are solely my opinions.

Bad: Gold Boost (it's a pittance), Troop Contract (do you really hit wharf merc cap?), Sauce Master (also a pittance)

Fine: Member expand (more space is always fine), Feast Discount (expensive but very clear cut benefit)

Good: Attacker Buff (beat up other dudes in wharf easier), Troop Strength (cheap decent scaling for those who use mercs regularly), Demon Killer (more points every time boss comes around), Output Boost (clear benefit of more stuff).

lol i dunno: Defender Buff. It doesn't sound bad but I mean, usually they're just going to stomp you into the dirt regardless. I can't see the 1%/rank making a difference.

I wouldn't pick Member Expand right now since we're 39/40 with like four inactives that could be removed.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 20, 2015

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
K, I've been dumping my points into demon killer mostly, just wondered what other were doing.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
I'm dumping into wharf attack (sadly commander wharf does not attack everything)

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Tsurupettan posted:

lol i dunno: Defender Buff. It doesn't sound bad but I mean, usually they're just going to stomp you into the dirt regardless. I can't see the 1%/rank making a difference.

The nice thing about Defender Buff is that it's a stealth increase - it applies to your stats, but doesn't reflect in your BR. While it's not a huge difference, it can definitely catch someone flying too close to the sun by surprise. My 2 personal favorites are Demon Killer (for the extra Resources / Loot) and Output Boost, which you didn't mention at all. Output Boost seems fantastic for scaling up loot gains, which a lot of these other ones don't even touch.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Niton posted:

The nice thing about Defender Buff is that it's a stealth increase - it applies to your stats, but doesn't reflect in your BR. While it's not a huge difference, it can definitely catch someone flying too close to the sun by surprise. My 2 personal favorites are Demon Killer (for the extra Resources / Loot) and Output Boost, which you didn't mention at all. Output Boost seems fantastic for scaling up loot gains, which a lot of these other ones don't even touch.

Oh thank you, I meant to write words about output boost but I was being writing the section on what's garbage.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah my vote is for output boost and any of the wharf ones at this point. Any camp or training ground ones seem the most worthless. Feasts would be great if we were all a bunch of giant whales but they seem less and less worth it to me now, especially seeing how dark paladin scales.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Envgard posted:

Yeah my vote is for output boost and any of the wharf ones at this point. Any camp or training ground ones seem the most worthless. Feasts would be great if we were all a bunch of giant whales but they seem less and less worth it to me now, especially seeing how dark paladin scales.

I'm getting that fucker to 4* no matter what. Speaking of, when is a good time for feasts? I will need to throw 2 or 3 to 4* him.

Niton posted:

Not quite as good but way easier to develop is Demon Hunter. I have spent on her just because of how useful she is for trials, where her lack of CC and somewhat meh secondary attack don't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Yudo posted:

I'm getting that fucker to 4* no matter what. Speaking of, when is a good time for feasts? I will need to throw 2 or 3 to 4* him.

Not quite as good but way easier to develop is Demon Hunter. I have spent on her just because of how useful she is for trials, where her lack of CC and somewhat meh secondary attack don't matter.

2100 server is the best, post about it in thread in advance.

• Locked thread