Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

An Angry Bug posted:

Except I only started complaining here because I can't get the awesome brain-in-a-jar without buying that succubus.

Or maybe it actually makes me uncomfortable, instead of being some sort of act like you seem to think. Not everyone wants nudity in their wargames, and I certainly don't want cheesecake on my gaming table. That stuff's in a hidden folder in my computer with the weird stuff, where it belongs. :colbert:

You could just sand the nipples off. Then everyone would know you're normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Or wait and buy the jar at retail?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Ugghhh I'm really not a fan of the expansions thing. I was hoping that they hadn't done it, because again there's an expansion with only one or two things I want in it, so I really don't want to get the whole thing, and ordering individual minis post-KS from Reaper is way too expensive on postage. boo.

(Want that were-Armadillo)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The expansions are about easing logistics, everyone's order is composed of predetermined blocks, plus a couple of larger add ons. If they just made it cart blanche it would take them an entire quarter to ship everyone's highly unique order with few enough errors to be acceptable.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Logistics, plus they want to make sure there are still going to be some things you'll still want at retail. So, I'm getting the expansion, but I'm still going to want more brains in jars and gremlins at retail. As I recall, they said their full profit on Bones 2 was about thirty grand. Not pocket change, but when you consider they pulled in three million, it's pretty piddly. They're relying on the later retail sales to actually make them money (which has worked fairly well with the first two Kickstarters so far).

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I wonder if the shorter campaign length is in part to encourage people to spend more after the kickstarter, when they don't have to give a cut to kickstarter or do more stretch goals.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

Going along the living statue idea though you could easily give her the appearance of metallic skin, or use a wash to make it look like she's glowing some sort of otherworldly color.

Yeah, I was thinking exactly that! I'll figure out exactly what I do once I HAVE the mini. I really like the idea of doing an otherworldly glow.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Terrible Opinions posted:

Not sure if this is helping but the lady oni from bones 2 is apparently confirmed as a future stretch goal by the comments.

It will apparently be sculpted by Gene van Horne, by reason that he's threatened physical harm to the Reaper folks if they don't let him at it.

There's also something coming up (apparently just received at Reaper HQ) by Julie Guthrie that's large-sized and apparently quite cool, and not a dragon.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

It's a big artillery piece plus crew, it's been teased in a couple of threads.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

thespaceinvader posted:

It's a big artillery piece plus crew, it's been teased in a couple of threads.

No, that's by Victoria Lamb. The clues we have for this thing are:

quote:

Julie Sculpted It
Concept art was done for Bones 2
Large sized
Carnivorous or omnivorus - whatever it fancies
Animal
Can fly
Not a dragon
sculpted during Bones 2, but not achieved. Sculpt Denied and reassigned to Julie
finished sculpt tonight (7/14 @ 11pm AZ)
Multitextured
doesn't wear shoes
Affinity for insects, but not an insect
Not a manticore

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

WINGED BEAR, KING OF THE BEES

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Some sort of giant bat or bird maybe?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

JackMann posted:

No, that's by Victoria Lamb. The clues we have for this thing are:

A goat.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Some sort of giant bat or bird maybe?

BATS AREN'T BUGS

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
A flying spider, ooh or a scorpion.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Sounds like a bigass bat

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

But some bats aren't carnivorous OR omnivorous! Some just eat fruit!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Esser-Z posted:

BATS AREN'T BUGS

Some of them eat bugs though.

Esser-Z posted:

But some bats aren't carnivorous OR omnivorous! Some just eat fruit!

Vampire bat. Uh. Vampire bat that also eats bugs?

Maybe it's.... John Lennon riding a flying bear.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I totally want it to be a flying bear. Bears eat honey, which is made by bees, which are insects! They're large, they're omnivores...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

A big Cockatrice maybe?

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

FLYNG BEAR THAT ROARS BEES

Fake Edit: poo poo I think I need to get some wing bits and a bear and make this one.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Maybe its a giant airborne jellyfish! I mean, it's not, but I would really like a model of a sky-man-o-war, so here's hoping.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Esser-Z posted:

Fake Edit: poo poo I think I need to get some wing bits and a bear and make this one.

So like, an owlbear, only with a little extra owl.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

So like, an owlbear, only with a little extra owl.

No! Owlbears have like fusion wing-arms and beaks and poo poo! This would be a bear. With wings on its back. That roars bees.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Esser-Z posted:

No! Owlbears have like fusion wing-arms and beaks and poo poo! This would be a bear. With wings on its back. That roars bees.

I think you'll find it's a Stoat with bat wings that shits beetles

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Esser-Z posted:

Oh, so like an owlbear, but with a little extra bear.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Some sort of beargasus, perhaps?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Pegursus.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ursusus

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Apiursusus. Forgot about the bees.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
You mean a platypus bear?

Also, I suspect dire bat, but a flying bear covered in bees is cool too.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I'm strapped for cash right now :(
Can I pledge at the minimum now to reserve a wave slot then increase my amount to get what I want when the pledge manager goes up later on?
I did the other 2 ones "normally".

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yes, you can buy in at a dollar and up your pledged amount post-kickstarter via the pledge manager.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

According to the pledge calculator I'm already over my $100 pledge for the stuff I want :negative:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Oh hey, more bases. Did they announce that as a stretch goal?

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

boom boom boom posted:

Oh hey, more bases. Did they announce that as a stretch goal?

I think they forgot and just added it when its number came up. :v:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I looks like whenever theres a larger than normal gap between stretch goals they toss in a hidden mini-goal to keep the momentum going. Small bases, Arsenal 1 and 2, Virtue weapon set, and now 2" bases

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Super Waffle posted:

According to the pledge calculator I'm already over my $100 pledge for the stuff I want :negative:

Working as intended. Reaper wants you to give them more money and/or have to buy some stuff at retail! Myself, I'm definitely going to pick up a bunch of stuff once it hits retail. Budget just doesn't have space for everything right away!

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Leperflesh posted:

Apiursusus. Forgot about the bees.
Beeairborne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Right now the pathfinder one is interesting me the most, anyone know the name of the top two models, I can't seem to find them on the reaper site?

• Locked thread