Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Natalie_Luna posted:

Well they are chinese, if this was a korean game those physics would be in the chest area of women, hence why hurray chinagame! although MLB does a lot of fanservice compared to wushu...
finding pants took me a LONG time

I also have a female character and yeah it's pretty much all dresses with wacky cloth physics. The profession outfits all seem to have pants though. The treasure hunter outfit makes me look like a blue Ezio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

You suffered assassinations, suffered serious internal injuries. The effect of reducing the 196 injuries each attack, every 10 minutes to eliminate a layer of the remaining time: 5 minutes 8 seconds

I has been assassinated D:

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Natalie_Luna posted:

You suffered assassinations, suffered serious internal injuries. The effect of reducing the 196 injuries each attack, every 10 minutes to eliminate a layer of the remaining time: 5 minutes 8 seconds

I has been assassinated D:

Is that a 1960 minute debuff?

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Dirk the Average posted:

Is that a 1960 minute debuff?

Nah it was like 10min 196 injuries is bad translation of while i was affected i did 196 base dmg less than usual, I only had one stack of debuff dunno if you get more the higher the bounty on you is, I'd imagine so

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

http://wuxia.qq.com/act/a20150716weekend/?atm_cl=ad&atm_pos=11467&e_code=153099

We seem to have a event thingie coming up for double experience and double chi ! whoop!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is so hard to get people to breed with my pig

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am in jail. Feels good man.

The Shen Wei ability to lower their hit points to 1 and use their resources as their new hp backfires when people could capture them.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

quote:

Sister came and took you hit thirty

Someone sent that to me. :confused:

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Kylra posted:

Someone sent that to me. :confused:

Well it's normal to be called Sister/Brother depending on your Toons gender, it refers to the way in Wuxia all members of jianghu call each other these names, Uncle, Aunt, Elder/Junior Brother/Sister etc.. the rest of the message.. nfi XD

In other news, I really upset a Chinaman it seems I had another assassin kill me this time for a 30min Debuff!
I wonder what the going rate is,.. if its one gold per Minute of debuff wich I suspect it is, thats quite a waste of money.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
So uh, does this mean we are making a goon guild, or staying with KOS?

Zipline
May 9, 2013
So wait wait wait. Wait. Wait.

I stopped checking this thread for a few months because I read that you need a Chinese phone number to get into the closed beta and I did not have access to one of those. Now that I do and am physically located in China I read that not only is the game in open beta, goons have been playing it for weeks now, AND I never actually needed a Chinese phone number! Ah! Ahh!

On top of that I am now moving so quickly around China that despite having my gaming laptop with me (it weighs a lot) I have no time to play the game. Even if I do find a few hours to try out the game that is currently downloading to my computer my connection will quite literally be China-tier and I will be curbstomped.

AHHHHHHHH. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Almond Crunch posted:

So uh, does this mean we are making a goon guild, or staying with KOS?

No reason to make are our guild at the moment

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

summon tiger is amazing

I've been using it in the pvp arena and this is like 50 on 50. When you summon it, it appears right next to you and already pissed off. It will attack the closest thing to you, including your allies. If someone heals said ally, it still has thread and goes to the healer instead.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Why aren't all the english speaking people in one guild?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Kylra posted:

Why aren't all the english speaking people in one guild?

Drama, why else?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Age of wushu indonesia is shutting down but the players can transfer accounts to the NA version

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=82690

Interesting if true. Viet / Pinoy warfare was always fun in the past.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Zipline posted:

I stopped checking this thread for a few months because I read that you need a Chinese phone number to get into the closed beta and I did not have access to one of those. Now that I do and am physically located in China I read that not only is the game in open beta, goons have been playing it for weeks now, AND I never actually needed a Chinese phone number! Ah! Ahh!

On top of that I am now moving so quickly around China that despite having my gaming laptop with me (it weighs a lot) I have no time to play the game. Even if I do find a few hours to try out the game that is currently downloading to my computer my connection will quite literally be China-tier and I will be curbstomped.

oh hey man hows beijing?

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

Drama, why else?

This sorta applies to only a few, mostly non goon people.

I can do without english speakers even though my chinese is rather poor but traveling this country really helped me learn, also if you write english a lot you are bound to find Chinamen who are curious to make friends with foreigners, thats how I got into my guild.
ThirdEye, Feedz and me had planned to play MLB together way before some Goons decided to join so after some initial confusion they joined up with my CBT guild, most Goons decided to stick with KOS wich is fine I guess.

Rouko , a guy from Wushu some may or may not know played Archeage on the same server as KOS and thinks they are scrubby pubbies and are his ex enemies so he annoyed me until I let him join the Chinamen guild, other than that I dont think any other english speakers actually know any of us so whatever they do they do right?

Zipline posted:

What are we all doing in China at the same time?

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 20, 2015

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
There doesn't seem to be that much drama keeping them apart from what I've seen. It's just a matter of someone having to collect all the english speakers to put them in one place. I joined KoS because they were the first people in-game to say "Hey, you speak english? Want a guild?" They also let us host a (kind of lovely) wiki on their site which was p cool. I'm not really more attached to them than that. KoS may be merging with a chinese guild soon anyway because they were offered. If an english guild had offered they probably would have merged with them instead.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

http://killonsight.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=1487

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Thread linked above posted:

1. I LIKE MIXOLOGY,GRITHOK, GARAHEL I WANT THEM TO OWN THE GUILD,THEY ARE AWESOME! I dont want that to change!

Congratulations Grithok, you are viewed as a community leader in a community you aren't even a real member of.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I finally figured out how to get my skill upgrade meridian progressed and the first offensive upgrade for the umbrellas is absolutely nuts. Those hard duel people's block bars? Literally completely gone in 2-3 seconds. Entirely worth the 50% increased cooldown or whatever it is.

E: And my spam umbrella now does a knock up so I can set up the umbrella storm and a 70-80% uptime cc combo on basically anything at any time when their block is down. :psyduck:

Kylra fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 21, 2015

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

pubbies ._.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

please don't say stupid things, I get enough stupid things from questions asked about this game

it is a mmo, the mechanics of the ui are pretty much the same and the consistency of the game is the same but people keep asking things auauaffffffffff

So we keep getting people in the KoS TS3 who started a small guild, realized that they need more people, and keep swapping over.

We got about 80 of 110 people in it right now where about 40 or 50 are active once a week. We keep getting new players and some small guild mergers.

The merger with the chinese guild probably won't happen for a few reasons, but we may just switch factions for the hell of it, which is apparently a thing guilds can just do. Also trump owns.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Grithok, what does a city look like?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

http://wuxia.qq.com/webplat/info/news_version3/5012/5013/5014/5016/m3486/201507/362782.shtml

quote:

我们一直希望玩家们能够在独善其身的同时,加强人与人之间善意的交互,所以“助战“系统应运而生 —— 玩家在有一定难度的任务位面里如果遇到无法克服的挑战,可以通过助战系统请求其他玩家的帮助。而下周三的更新之后,”助战“功能将被扩大到话本玩法,参加话本助战即可获得大量修为奖励,每天最多可得25万修为。新人们可以在老玩家的帮助下更快地掌握话本通关技能,老玩家们也因为助人为乐获得回报,助力自己的成长!

这样的努力还会有更多,师徒系统也将在不久的将来登场。我们会在尽量保证玩家自由互动的同时引导正向的情感,让天刀的江湖能更有爱,让玩家们带着侠义之心去感受这江湖之大,天涯之美

I am still translating this slowly to fully understand, and I am pretty sure I got that wrong.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

http://wuxia.qq.com/webplat/info/news_version3/5012/5013/5014/5016/m3486/201507/362782.shtml

I am still translating this slowly to fully understand, and I am pretty sure I got that wrong.

Cross server Mt. Hua? Grithok, how do I pinch my face, how do I crossserver Mt. Hua, how I make moni? Is Greece going to default on it's debt again? Will Wulin merge with Wushu? Whats the numbers of the lottery next month? TELL ME GRITHOK

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
WHAT DO THE loving NUMBERS MEAN, GRITHOK

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS, IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Bigger is better, duh.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

My cultivation chi capped out and I have literally nothing left to spend it on. What happened? Where did I go wrong? :(

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Kylra posted:

My cultivation chi capped out and I have literally nothing left to spend it on. What happened? Where did I go wrong? :(

Not sure how much of this you already know but I had the same issue make absolutly sure:

- to defeat all challange bosses you can of the appropriate level,
- do ALL the side quests asap,
- get an internal skill and level that up (preferably something with breath as tianxiang)
- in the gang menu (o key) you can get bonuses for chi,

You want this one maxed out it gives bonus breath

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Doing the side quests and duels seems to be how I got into this situation in the first place as they each just loaded me up with tons of chi.

Is "internal skill" those books or something else?

E: Are the gang bonuses dependent on buildings? I noticed that I got some breath at 1/0, but would I get more if the gang was increased or whatever that is so that it is 1/1?

Kylra fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 23, 2015

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

You definitely shouldn't have that many cultivation points if you are spending them right. If you enter your N menu, and hit the first tab, it should give you a list of things to upgrade. Hit all the buttons there. Otherwise you need to get a skill book to put your points in, which for you would be one that gives a lot of 气劲 I think. I really need to make a guide on skill books, the info is all over the place.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Pavlov posted:

You definitely shouldn't have that many cultivation points if you are spending them right. If you enter your N menu, and hit the first tab, it should give you a list of things to upgrade. Hit all the buttons there.
All of those are fully spent at level 48.

I still only have the one book though.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Wow, I pretty much spent all my points as soon as I got them all the way to 70. It might be the recent extra cultivation event just pushed lower level characters over in a big way. That means you need a new book, the starter one isn't that good.The site I've been using to look at books is this one right now. I'm told by a whale that the three best books are 征旗, 铁马, and 厚德. These books are expensive though. The cheapest book that looks good for umbrellas is 速生I think. The scrolls are 70-80 silver on the auction house right now and you need 20 of them to make a book.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

._. No idea how the guildpoints work ive been with my chinese guys for a while and i couldnt max out everything in there in months of grinding, propably another reason them KOS ppl should merge.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Natalie_Luna posted:

._. No idea how the guildpoints work ive been with my chinese guys for a while and i couldnt max out everything in there in months of grinding, propably another reason them KOS ppl should merge.

We can't max out what we already have.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Pavlov posted:

Wow, I pretty much spent all my points as soon as I got them all the way to 70. It might be the recent extra cultivation event just pushed lower level characters over in a big way. That means you need a new book, the starter one isn't that good.The site I've been using to look at books is this one right now. I'm told by a whale that the three best books are 征旗, 铁马, and 厚德. These books are expensive though. The cheapest book that looks good for umbrellas is 速生I think. The scrolls are 70-80 silver on the auction house right now and you need 20 of them to make a book.
I'll have to mess with the book that a bit later. I got to 50, did story quests to 52, and blew out all that cultivation on personal meridians plus the new meridian constellation I got.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Has anyone seen Nvidia's DX12 demo of King of Wushu?

I've never seen the game before, but it looks nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB5iuX8UDHk

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jul 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Never played it but I've seen the videos.

Also lol mobas.