Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
http://youtu.be/CA4yuz8qgj4

Yo for real if you ain't seen this poo poo your missing some :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mike-o posted:

I still haven't seen it yet :(

:mediocre:

Do you not have an Internet connection?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

:captainpop:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Right? :lol:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Want my av to be a screen shot of the kid saying how much he loves that chicken. I wish I loved anything as much as Rudy loves qualudechicken (the real deal pollo loco, FYI..:colbert:) . :smith:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

I still haven't seen it yet :(

:mediocre:

Same. It isn't showing here anymore :(

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Do you not have an Internet connection?

I went on my own to see it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

check your pms

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Is this admissible in court?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Is this admissible in court?

Your a juror in its public opinion branch. What's your vote, citizen?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Your a juror in its public opinion branch. What's your vote, citizen?

sentence is death

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724287

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

tactical candy

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Remember that God awful Stay Alert gum? That poo poo worked but tasted like butthole.

I'm actually mildly intrigued because chocolate plus a lot of caffeine? Why the gently caress not?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'll stick to coffee and adderall

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

shyduck posted:

I'll stick to speedballs

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shyduck posted:

I'll stick to chain smoking

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Got some motherfucking chickens in the mail today

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Them's some clean chickens.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Got some motherfucking chickens in the mail today

this is cool. Are they pets, or food production, or some kind of gray area between?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My stepmother sees them as pets, my dad and I see them as food. They're not getting names and when they can't lay anymore they're going to be dinner.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
God drat if you want a good destroy the earth movie watch these last hours on Netflix. Asteroid or something hits earth. Wall of fire engulfs everything. Guy just wants to party but bad poo poo keeps happening. Spoiler alert everyone dies in the end. My favorite movie.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Currently crashing through the khanacademy pre-calc. I recognize all of these things as things I have seen before, but don't remember how to do any of it. I'm supposed to start earning a science degree next month what the heck have I gotten myself into lmao?

My class schedule is Calc I, Gen Chem and Intro Geology. Honestly, I'm interested in these things and looking forward to being a full-time student, but that doesn't stop the fear and loathing from creeping in someone hold me please

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

DownByTheWooter posted:

Currently crashing through the khanacademy pre-calc. I recognize all of these things as things I have seen before, but don't remember how to do any of it. I'm supposed to start earning a science degree next month what the heck have I gotten myself into lmao?

My class schedule is Calc I, Gen Chem and Intro Geology. Honestly, I'm interested in these things and looking forward to being a full-time student, but that doesn't stop the fear and loathing from creeping in someone hold me please

Calc I is easy if you go to class and do the homework. Chemistry is as easy or hard as the instructor is competent or incompetent.
Geology is awesome and ask me if you have any questions (I have an MS).

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Stultus Maximus posted:

Calc I is easy if you go to class and do the homework. Chemistry is as easy or hard as the instructor is competent or incompetent.
Geology is awesome and ask me if you have any questions (I have an MS).

Awesome, thank you for the offer, I definitely will.

I'm a Geological Science major, debating whether to cross over to Civil Engineering (with Geology as a minor [or double-major, but I don't think I have enough VA funny munny for that]), but I have never studied any math or science on a college level. I feel old and retarded dealing with this stuff, but I imagine this is a pretty common anxiety for veteran/returning/non-traditional university students

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

DownByTheWooter posted:

Awesome, thank you for the offer, I definitely will.

I'm a Geological Science major, debating whether to cross over to Civil Engineering (with Geology as a minor [or double-major, but I don't think I have enough VA funny munny for that]), but I have never studied any math or science on a college level. I feel old and retarded dealing with this stuff, but I imagine this is a pretty common anxiety for veteran/returning/non-traditional university students

If you can get through the first year of math/science fine, go for civil engineering. A lot of firms used to hire geologists and engineers on staff but after the recession a lot of those geologist jobs got cut and the engineers got dual duty because they come out of school with more certs and so forth.
From a purely intellectual standpoint the science degree is better - more exploration, more experimentation, more "why things are" rather than engineering tables and design books. From an enjoyment perspective, geology class fieldwork is way more fun than engineering labs - taking a case of beer to the desert for a weekend is considered classwork. However from an employment perspective the engineering degree is more useful. I wanted to get into environmental and/or geotechnical consulting but as I said, those fields dried up in the recession for geologists more than engineers. I ended up teaching which is good because I find it a lot more fun and fulfilling than sitting in an office filling out survey forms and legal poo poo but still.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Taking auditions for a new av.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Taking auditions for a new av.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Lol

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hot bear action gif was surprisingly tame

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

They're not getting names and when they can't lay anymore they're going to be dinner.

yeah but what about the chickens

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

shyduck posted:

Amazon Prime Day has been terrible. It's a glorified clearance sale with a lot of <10% discounts
They didn't discount anything I really wanted. There were a few Blu-Rays I'd have thought about, but it wasn't anything I really wanted right this moment.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It was a glorified warehouse cleaning.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

holocaust bloopers posted:

It was a glorified membership drive.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
gently caress whoever invented Lean Six Sigma. 8.5 loving hour meeting (#2 of like, 5) full of bullshit.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

gently caress whoever invented Lean Six Sigma. 8.5 loving hour meeting (#2 of like, 5) full of bullshit.

Get yo black belt scrub.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

bengy81 posted:

Get yo black belt scrub.

I'm actually planning on doing green belt in 2016. I'm going to try and branch out from being a research SME to being a task/project lead so that means I have to get all these loving bullshit certs.

But if my client wants to spend six hojillion doubloons an hour to get this master black belt to wave his hands around, whatever I guess. It just sucks rear end to sit there and be asked six million questions about our workstream processes.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I'm actually planning on doing green belt in 2016. I'm going to try and branch out from being a research SME to being a task/project lead so that means I have to get all these loving bullshit certs.

But if my client wants to spend six hojillion doubloons an hour to get this master black belt to wave his hands around, whatever I guess. It just sucks rear end to sit there and be asked six million questions about our workstream processes.

My favorite thing in the world was contracting at the local VA last year when they decided to try to integrate L6S after their OR got shut down. Watching all the black belts chase around nurses and dept. heads while they were in panic mode was pretty hilarious.

I think the idea of lean six is pretty neat, but it gets kind of eye rolly on non-manufacturing environments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

bengy81 posted:

My favorite thing in the world was contracting at the local VA last year when they decided to try to integrate L6S after their OR got shut down. Watching all the black belts chase around nurses and dept. heads while they were in panic mode was pretty hilarious.

I think the idea of lean six is pretty neat, but it gets kind of eye rolly on non-manufacturing environments

Yeah, it's a big solution to what is probably a little problem. I sat there on my white board and figured out how to optimize the gently caress out of our workstream one afternoon, but because I'm a research SME if I were to write a report about it they would put it right in the shredder. So they're going to spend close to probably 30k on the whole thing, and since I'm so integral to this particular process they're going to use my ideas anyway. Good job on spending all that cash, gov.

We're only on measure and I want to blow my brains out.

~consulting~

• Locked thread