Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Oh, come on. There's no way that kid buys Bulleit on the regular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Myrmidongs posted:

Quick guys, get in on this before they are all gone!

Corbi Quest

Do you think the 15,000 will go to weed or to meth? I'm having trouble telling which. Or is it both?

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

Myrmidongs posted:

Quick guys, get in on this before they are all gone!

Corbi Quest

That sure is something.

Has anyone ever heard of Dark Legacy? It's apparently an attempt at a card game / RPG mashup and I'm seeing recommendations for it that have me curious, though I doubt its something for me personally.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kaiserstudio/dark-legacy-the-dragon-epoch

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Hopefully this means that I can buy a physical book soon, since my group has taken to it pretty hard.

Cam said they'll be available in September.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

jivjov posted:

I love his latest excuse for why the document isn't done yet "my laptop rebooted and it hadn't auto saved my work".

I've just gotten all zen with Wallis on his updates. His name is mud for me until it comes out and looking over at Nobilis 2nd edition makes me sigh and remember the times when that mud used to mean something. In the meantime, the Jude the Obscure act is sort of a form of entertainment in its own right.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.
It's been a good couple weeks for kickstarter fulfillment for me - first I got the pdfs for No Soul Left Behind and it's just as sharp and funny as I had hoped. While "supervillains trying to save a school" is not exactly a saturated genre, it's just fun to read and has some very nice nods to the Actual Play on RPPR that went with it.

And this morning the pdfs went out for the Dracula Dossier, both the Director's Handbook and the Dracula Unredacted, complete with the footnotes. Just looking at the table of contents and the index for the Director's Handbook - this thing is an absolute monster. It is like a huge vampire and weird history buffet.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1597847626/purgatoria-city-of-angels

I just backed this. Maybe it will go somewhere, I will pull my pledge if the revealed rules end up being poo poo.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

So, the Thin Blue Line kickstarter is four days from completion and we're still, like, 1,800 dollars shy. I'm not sure we'll fund at this point, but we're pushing media for it right until the bitter end. If you're on the fence, or have friends on the fence, check out these interviews and podcasts where John and I talk about how rad the game is.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

So, the Thin Blue Line kickstarter is four days from completion and we're still, like, 1,800 dollars shy. I'm not sure we'll fund at this point, but we're pushing media for it right until the bitter end. If you're on the fence, or have friends on the fence, check out these interviews and podcasts where John and I talk about how rad the game is.

Good luck. I've met Ross before, and he's a cool guy. I've tossed in for the POD level and I hope it goes through.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

JackMann posted:

Good luck. I've met Ross before, and he's a cool guy. I've tossed in for the POD level and I hope it goes through.

Thanks, man! One step closer to being bona fide and able to afford my daughters lessons on the clarinet.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

And done as a horror game, too.

I'm kinda PbTA'd out, buuuut. gently caress it, why not. Thanks for sharing, this one would have probably passed under my radar.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Covok posted:

Do you think the 15,000 will go to weed or to meth? I'm having trouble telling which. Or is it both?

All the drugs at the next burning man.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
I somehow managed to miss this until just before it's finished. Cubicle 7 have a kickstarter for a sequel to their WW2 Cthulhu setting, this time set in the Cold War period.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/461807648/world-war-cthulhu-cold-war-for-the-call-of-cthulhu

There are a number of supplements coming for it and while I don't think it's going to blow up and hit as many as they had planned, it's already got a lot of material coming out.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Just backed at the $25 level. I told my fellow Michigan buddies to ante up.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

alg posted:

Just backed at the $25 level. I told my fellow Michigan buddies to ante up.

Thanks, man! We had an 800 dollar day Wednesday and a 500 dollar day yesterday. With the demos and media I've been doing this week the traffic is starting to increase, so we might just pull this off.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
It's a general rule (borne out in my experience) that you get about as much in the last two days as you did in the first two days, so I reckon you've got a pretty great chance of crossing that line still. Sounds like you're doing everything you can to make that happen too!

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Thanks, man! We had an 800 dollar day Wednesday and a 500 dollar day yesterday. With the demos and media I've been doing this week the traffic is starting to increase, so we might just pull this off.

I'm a Corktown Lt., so you better make your goal. ;) I'll share with my Michigan friends too. Good luck!

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Flavivirus posted:

It's a general rule (borne out in my experience) that you get about as much in the last two days as you did in the first two days, so I reckon you've got a pretty great chance of crossing that line still. Sounds like you're doing everything you can to make that happen too!

Man, I hope so. Being the fatalistic Slav I am, it's hard not to worry :v:

Skutter posted:

I'm a Corktown Lt., so you better make your goal. ;) I'll share with my Michigan friends too. Good luck!

Awesome! Thanks for the pledge and thanks for spreading the word. I'll be running some more demos in August at Abick's, Anchor Bar, and probably one or two other places if I can get in. You should come down and throw some dice with us.

Edit: Hilariously enough, an actual DPD detective sat in on my Sunday demo at Abick's. He's an old school D&D nerd and it'd been forever since he played, but he had a good time and helped me out with some insider info.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Awesome! Thanks for the pledge and thanks for spreading the word. I'll be running some more demos in August at Abick's, Anchor Bar, and probably one or two other places if I can get in. You should come down and throw some dice with us.

Oh man, I'd love to, but I succeeded at the Michigoon dream and moved to warmer climes in Florida. Next time though. ;)

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Skutter posted:

Oh man, I'd love to, but I succeeded at the Michigoon dream and moved to warmer climes in Florida. Next time though. ;)

You got out! You're a success story!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You got out! You're a success story!

Yeah, but...Florida, man.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Just because there's been a rain storm every day for the last...weeks... :(

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, fair enough.

Skutter posted:

Just because there's been a rain storm every day for the last...weeks... :(

Same here, so you're not missing much.

Also, poo poo, we got 600.00 in pledges before noon. We sold two of the 250.00 backer packages.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Starvation Cheap, a supplement for Stars Without Number, just launched. It's by Kevin Crawford, and it's pretty much complete--he's released the beta text in the first backer-only update. He's got an excellent track record of completing Kickstarters, and the pledge structure and stretch goals are nice and simple.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

quote:

backers
$8,531
pledged of $8,500 goal
hours to go

You made it :toot:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

You made it :toot:

Yup! Just under the wire. Now we're slowly creeping up on stretch goals. Now I can finish writing the book.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Got my Sixth Gun PDF. It's only 90ish pages but what's there looks really nice. I guess most of the setting material comes from the comics, but it would've been nice to get more of it in the core book.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Yup! Just under the wire. Now we're slowly creeping up on stretch goals. Now I can finish writing the book.

Are you going to be at GenCon? I love what I've seen of the setting and wanted to say "hey" in person.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Peas and Rice posted:

Are you going to be at GenCon? I love what I've seen of the setting and wanted to say "hey" in person.

Sadly, no. I can't swing it this year due to other commitments. My partner John will be there though, he's running at least one TBL game. You should totally go say hi to him, I never could have done this without him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, Bones 3 is really impressive compared to the last one. Most everything they've shown has been interesting, even most of the dragons are pretty sweet. And then that artillery gun, that's a pretty nice setpiece.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Just got my package from NSKN containing Mistfall and Praetor. I've had a busy day so right now I'm resting, but later on I'll check on the contents.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Urban Shadows just sent out DriveThru links for the final version of the PDF; hopefully the book will be close behind.

A KS for dry erase cards for Fate games launched today too; people might find these useful because it seems to be hard to get dry-erase index cards nowadays.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Evil Mastermind posted:

Urban Shadows just sent out DriveThru links for the final version of the PDF; hopefully the book will be close behind.

A KS for dry erase cards for Fate games launched today too; people might find these useful because it seems to be hard to get dry-erase index cards nowadays.

Goddamn, for only a hundred and fifty bucks, I can get a custom piece of art like this?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

$30 for dry erase cards is a bit steep for the low reward

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

alg posted:

$30 for dry erase cards is a bit steep for the low reward

It's surprisingly hard to find dry-erase index cards anymore. I lucked out and was able to grab a pack of 50 off Amazon before they apparently stopped being made, but the only other people I've been able to find that sell completely blank ones are All Rolled Up. They sell index-card sized packs of ten for about $2.50 US, and a set of five larger ones for about $3.

Let's see, for $30 I can get one pack of the Fate Accompli that are really only useful for Fate, or I could get two packs of small cards (20 cards), two packs of large cards (10 cards), a jumbo clear card box ($1), and a Noteboard ($13.50) for about the same cost with shipping and the added bonus that the second set can be used for any game.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's surprisingly hard to find dry-erase index cards anymore. I lucked out and was able to grab a pack of 50 off Amazon before they apparently stopped being made, but the only other people I've been able to find that sell completely blank ones are All Rolled Up. They sell index-card sized packs of ten for about $2.50 US, and a set of five larger ones for about $3.

Let's see, for $30 I can get one pack of the Fate Accompli that are really only useful for Fate, or I could get two packs of small cards (20 cards), two packs of large cards (10 cards), a jumbo clear card box ($1), and a Noteboard ($13.50) for about the same cost with shipping and the added bonus that the second set can be used for any game.

Dude, you're forgetting about the printable GM screen featuring art that's almost good enough to win a middle-school art contest.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
PEGINC's Sixth Gun just sent out the links for the main rules.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

I don't understand why regular index cards isn't a preferable option. You can get one hundred of them for a dollar and you can keep them between sessions.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Zurui posted:

I don't understand why regular index cards isn't a preferable option. You can get one hundred of them for a dollar and you can keep them between sessions.

Less wasteful, and it's easier to alter just parts of the info on the cards. I use them as zone maps, and it's nice to be able to just wipe away a line or doodle instead of erasing things or crossing them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
PDF for Urban Shadows just released to backers! I have yet to actually download it because, uh...it released the same day as the AD&D 1E DMG and apparently the DTRPG servers are choking on people nostalgic for the wandering prostitute table or something.

• Locked thread