Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Empire doesn't always feature finished shots, there could be CGI on Apocalypse in the final film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Congratulations on your role in the new X-men film Mr. Ooze!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Whizbang posted:

Congratulations on your role in the new X-men film Mr. Ooze!

Check out that leaked costume of Archangel behind him!

ufarn
May 30, 2009
With DC, I tend to say that the costumes shouldn’t be judged by how the look pre-processed, but these … I have no idea where they are going with that look. The plain-clothes costumes looked friggin’ awesome, though, but I guess we’re going to get 80s costumes, too?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Mystique and Quicksilver are in all black here, so we might not get the costumes we want

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I hope the XMen outfits are bright yellow.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

zoux posted:

Yeah it's too bad they couldn't have cast a nine foot tall 1000 lb actor for the role.

RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Apocalypse always looks terrible. That's no worse than what he often looks like in the comics. There will be no doubt CGI that enables him to grow bigger and stretchy and make hammers out of his fists.

Oh wow I'd love it if the X-men have their 90s costumes. Except Jean, no one should have to wear that tan bodysuit with a blue headsock.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Interestingly, Negasonic Teenage Warhead wears a yellow New Mutants style costume at some point in Deadpool

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think the chances of getting $20 million movie star Jennifer Lawrence to wear Mystique's comics costume were very high.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think the chances of getting $20 million movie star Jennifer Lawrence to wear Mystique's comics costume were very high.

The white dress?
Why not?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

"Am I the baddies?"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

They got her to be mostly naked in blue paint for the first movie.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Codependent Poster posted:

They got her to be mostly naked in blue paint for the first movie.
I thought the facial hair was an interesting direction, tbh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drifter posted:

The white dress?
Why not?

I mean more the skulls all over it. It's silly, if you have the power who would want to wear that?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Her real name is Raven Darkholm, she couldn't be more goth if it played Bela Lugosi's Dead when she farted.

Also, behold the Fantastic Four Denny's feast!

http://screencrush.com/dennys-fantastic-four-menu/

Invisible Woman Slam is, poorly worded.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Her real name is Raven Darkholm, she couldn't be more goth if it played Bela Lugosi's Dead when she farted.

Also, behold the Fantastic Four Denny's feast!

http://screencrush.com/dennys-fantastic-four-menu/

Invisible Woman Slam is, poorly worded.

They worked up all this marketing and then Marvel pulled the Ant-Man license.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

They worked up all this marketing and then Marvel pulled the Ant-Man license.

What do you mean?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was a domestic violence joke.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

zoux posted:

Yeah it's too bad they couldn't have cast a nine foot tall 1000 lb actor for the role.
Or alternately, mocap him like Marvel has done for other similarly huge characters, like Thanos or the Hulk.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

One thing the Brian Singer X-Men movies have done is look cool as gently caress so I'm going to reserve judgement.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Seriously, we had the exact same conversation before Days of Future Past came out. EW promo shots never look as good as the finished product.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Maybe they'll do two stages of Apocalypse looks like in X-Men Evolution

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Or alternately, mocap him like Marvel has done for other similarly huge characters, like Thanos or the Hulk.
I can’t recall anyone doing convincing facial animation yet. Ronan is one of my favourite comicbook-movie villains, and I bet he would have been pretty boring as CGI.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Was Ronan a good villain? It seemed like he just kinda stood there not doing much. Except when he fought Drax, but anyone can fight anyone.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He was kind of just there

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
He was a decent villain with enough characterization to justify him not just nuking the planet when Quill started a dance off. Ronan just wanted some respect.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I think Apocalypse's costume looks incredibly cool. I'm on board with the design choices there. I'm also hoping they'll do some effects wizardry or something to make him look like a bigger/taller dude. Even if it's just forced perspective or some poo poo, that'd be fine if they can keep it up.

Edit: His face isn't great, but I'm hoping that's just early footage + EW shots not being great, and it'll be fine in theaters. Let's start a Twitter campaign demanding Apocalypse's face line things. #WheresEnSabahNursApocaLips

A Tin Of Beans fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 16, 2015

Electromax
May 6, 2007

ufarn posted:

I can’t recall anyone doing convincing facial animation yet. Ronan is one of my favourite comicbook-movie villains, and I bet he would have been pretty boring as CGI.

I personally thought Hulk was good. And the apes in the recent PotApes movies.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Ronan was cool in terms of introduction and characterization, but his role and narrative were weird, yeah. I haven’t been blown away by a lot of villain’s grand scheme and philosophy. I’m a bit of a stickler for good costuming and non-CGI work.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Edit: His face isn't great, but I'm hoping that's just early footage + EW shots not being great, and it'll be fine in theaters. Let's start a Twitter campaign demanding Apocalypse's face line things. #WheresEnSabahNursApocaLips

His face looks like busy mush. Like somebody dropped a blue jawbreaker into a bowl of oatmeal and swirled it around a few times.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

Empire doesn't always feature finished shots, there could be CGI on Apocalypse in the final film.

Yea, got to keep this in mind. Most of the times the Empire photo stuff looks like arse compared to the finished product, so it should be taken with a grain of salt until the trailers are out. That being said, I think Apocalypse's head looks too small for the size of the armor he is wearing. It really throws the perspective off and makes it look like a young kid wearing adult clothes.

Opopanax posted:

RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Truedat, but James Earl Jones is still alive and he has the perfect voice for Apocalypse too.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Keith David is also available, and he’s cheap.

And only nerds will recognize him.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

You don't appreciate Apocalypse's mouth lines until you see him without them. It's really the defining feature of his face.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

You don't appreciate Apocalypse's mouth lines until you see him without them. It's really the defining feature of his face.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The lack of a huge "A" shaped belt buckle also hurts.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Holy poo poo, I wasn't gonna say anything but that really makes all the difference.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
What I find amusing is how accurate Psylocke's costume is (to the point of it being somewhat cosplay-y) but how different Apocalypse looks from the comicbooks.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Paul Rudd just debuted a major spoiler-filled new clip on Conan.

http://teamcoco.com/video/paul-rudd-shows-an-exclusive-ant-man-clip?playlist=featured-videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

That picture is entirely too purple for my liking.

I hope Sansa and Betsy are helping each other out with their accents.

• Locked thread