Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
#PrimeDayFail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The X-man cometh posted:

If Christie steps up and decks Trump, hopefully knocking the toupee off, he'll take a bunch of the Trump vote by being the new "tough guy who doesn't back down from a fight."

That means he had to make the top 10 tho.

Yeah, then the police comes over and he spends the night in jail. Next morning he's told he's being bailed out by... no other than Trump (!), who says to him: "You know, I need your kind of attitude on my team. How would you like to be my Veep?"

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Donald Trump's plan to deal with the southern border seems to be:

1) build a wall, then invoice the Mexican goverment for it.
2) Send them a follow up invoice for every illegal immigrant that comes into the country.
3) Berate the Mexican government untill they "behave"

I'd say Perry, has a point when he says that Trump's solutions aren't "conservative" aka realistic. I also don't fault Perry for taking seriously an issue that he had to deal with as governor for 12 years, where Trump claim's he will just make it happen - because he will give Mexico a stern talking too.

It also goes further to that Trump really has no positions, plans or ideas. His rally speeches are a stream-of-conscious rambling comprised of vague talking points, angry spiteful remarks and whatever he happens to think of at the time. I can't honestly tell you how far to the right or left of the spectrum he is because he's never had to create or vote on legislation and doesn't provide real world examples of how he would implement his inane ramblings policies. And of course the jokes on us because it seems to be working.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him start contradicting himself after a few too many stump speeches just by having to keep track of everything he's said. I'm sure he would start using his "I have a great idea but I can't tell you" line on everything instead of just ISIS if he thought he could consistently get away with it.

Somehow he seems to think, that the US is sending a lot of money to Mexico. In his mind I bet it's a simple as wage garnishment to get them to pay for something.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, then the police comes over and he spends the night in jail. Next morning he's told he's being bailed out by... no other than Trump (!), who says to him: "You know, I need your kind of attitude on my team. How would you like to be my Veep?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew0h3xnwyR4

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
He's trolling Rick Perry on Twitter like he's 15 or something, ha ha ha

orange sky
May 7, 2007

My god this man is comedy gold

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
My IQ score is literally hundreds, it is hundreds of points higher! And I am not bragging, I don't need to brag. I am VERY rich.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Do it, Rick. Take the bait. Get into a pissing match with Trump, this is what we've been waiting for. Perry seems like the type who might get a little fired up at a personal insult and try insulting Trump right back - which'd fail, since he doesn't have Trump's teflon coating.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

DutchDupe posted:

My IQ score is literally hundreds, it is hundreds of points higher! And I am not bragging, I don't need to brag. I am VERY rich.

This candy-rear end MENSA test doesn't even have room to fit my brilliance!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Can we just replace one or more of the debates with an insult contest between the candidates?

"Governor Perry, how do you respond to Mr. Trump's statements about the promiscuity and obesity of your mother?"

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Now I know who Trump reminds me of- in Australia we have an ex-AFL footballer called Warwick Capper. Check the first couple of results of a google of that name, the guy is what one comic called 'self-saucing': you give him a line and he spits out pure gold.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

Can we just replace one or more of the debates with an insult contest between the candidates?

"Governor Perry, how do you respond to Mr. Trump's statements about the promiscuity and obesity of your mother?"

I think Trump was already roasted once by the Comedy Central?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Der Kyhe posted:

I think Trump was already roasted once by the Comedy Central?

He told them they couldn't say he had less money than he claims during the roast :laugh:

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

I'm sorry Mr. Trump, but Governor Perry wears glasses now.

They make him double smart.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dahn posted:

Somehow he seems to think, that the US is sending a lot of money to Mexico. In his mind I bet it's a simple as wage garnishment to get them to pay for something.
I imagine this is derived from the substantial remittances sent to Mexico and other nations by workers here. But hey, free market.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_VA_71615.pdf polllll

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Do you have to volunteer (as in, seek them out instead of being contacted) to be part of a poll? In 13 years I've never participated in any kind of political poll.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Why Virginia?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I love Donald John Trump, Sr.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So who knows the precise time the Republican debate is happening on the 6th? Gonna be in Taiwan during a vacation, and I want to time my getting blasted before breakfast as accurately as possible.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

:stare: Trump's unfavorables are lower than Bush, Christie, Gilmore, and Paul.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Do you have to volunteer (as in, seek them out instead of being contacted) to be part of a poll? In 13 years I've never participated in any kind of political poll.

No, they usually disqualify you if you do that. The way polls usually work is that you get a random sample of people and ask them questions. If you do it correctly, then the sample of people will represent the views of society at large.

You probably have not been picked because you are in some large demographic or you don't fall in the demographic that they want to poll (eg, "likely" voters).

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

computer parts posted:

No, they usually disqualify you if you do that. The way polls usually work is that you get a random sample of people and ask them questions. If you do it correctly, then the sample of people will represent the views of society at large.

You probably have not been picked because you are in some large demographic or you don't fall in the demographic that they want to poll (eg, "likely" voters).

Hispanic voter near Houston, TX, so yeah, it's pretty much a given.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

:stare: Trump's unfavorables are lower than Bush, Christie, Gilmore, and Paul.

In Virginia.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

Trabisnikof posted:

Why Virginia?

Swing state. Last one they did was North Carolina.

Trump was leading the GOP field in that one.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

Why Virginia?
Virginia is technically considered a swing state. (It's honestly not very swingy anymore, but whatever.)

Also Terry McAuliffe aka T-Mac is Governor of Virginia and he's generally well liked (yes you are reading that sentence correctly), so Virginia should be a big Hillary Clinton stronghold.

quote:

Q2 Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion
of Hillary Clinton?
Favorable........................................................ 82%
Unfavorable .................................................... 12%
Not sure .......................................................... 6%
Q4 Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion
of Bernie Sanders?
Favorable........................................................ 42%
Unfavorable .................................................... 26%
Not sure .......................................................... 32%

quote:

Q6 (Democrats) Given the choices of Lincoln Chafee, Hillary Clinton, Martin O’Malley, Bernie Sanders, and Jim Webb who would you most like to see as the Democratic candidate for President in 2016?
Lincoln Chafee................................................ 5%
Hillary Clinton.................................................. 64%
Martin O'Malley............................................... 2%
Bernie Sanders ............................................... 14%
Jim Webb........................................................ 8%
Not sure .......................................................... 7%

Q7 (Democrats) Given the same list of choices, who would be your second choice for the Democratic candidate for President in 2016?
Lincoln Chafee................................................ 3%
Hillary Clinton.................................................. 13%
Martin O'Malley............................................... 9%
Bernie Sanders ............................................... 19%
Jim Webb........................................................ 13%
Not sure .......................................................... 44%
It is indeed a Clinton stronghold. Bernie is doing a little better than I expected, but he's at only 42% favorable, and 64% Hillary to 14% Bernie shows that Bernie has a long, hard road ahead of him outside the Northeast.

E: Virginia is also fair approximation of the larger US electorate, so this is doubles as another look at what the general US electorate thinks of all the candidates.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 16, 2015

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
58/32 fav/unfav for Trump is pretty astonishing considering where he was just a few months ago. Getting lots of media attention pissing off liberals and throwing juicy red meat can sure go a long way.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

A Bag of Milk posted:

58/32 fav/unfav for Trump is pretty astonishing considering where he was just a few months ago. Getting lots of media attention pissing off liberals and throwing juicy red meat can sure go a long way.

His unfavorable rating among Republicans was 57%. He's literally flipped it in under a month.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Its a roll of the dice and actually picking up the phone when they call.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Trump's got the highest favorables, tied with Rubio, and manageable unfavorables compared to other candidates. That's just nuts.

And exciting!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

MAKE THIS MAN POTUS NOW

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
I'm starting to think this Trump fella doesn't understand what IQ actually means.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
So what happens when Trump wins the GOP nomination?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

A Winner is Jew posted:

Trump really is "republican base: the candidate" since he's loud mouthed, racist, spiteful, arrogant, has cognitive dissonance in loving spades, and probably a whole host of other things I'm forgetting the republican base is yet he fully represents.

Rich and powerful *burns a fattie*

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Fox Ironic posted:

Orgasm

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Fox Ironic posted:

Democrats rejoice at a near-certain lock on POTUS, with a very likely big down-ticket surge.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Where is the kickstarter for this because throwing hundred dollar bills at my phone isn't getting results

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Feather posted:

Democrats rejoice at a near-certain lock on POTUS, with a very likely big down-ticket surge.

And if Trump wins in the General?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fox Ironic posted:

And if Trump wins in the General?

We get the world we deserve.

• Locked thread