Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress to say about the fact that Yui is the first person to do loving anything in this entire series.

Third. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-178?id=235941

Yui's out of the running, and Onodera and Chitoge cancel each other out, so that means Marika will be the true final winner.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-178?id=235941

Yui's out of the running, and Onodera and Chitoge cancel each other out, so that means Marika will be the true final winner.
...and all was right with the world

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
He doesn't even think of Marika so she's out of the running too.

...Which is kind of a dick move since earlier he was all caught up on actually addressing her feelings but alas.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I am enjoying the illusion of progress and eagerly await the method by which Komi bluntly enforces the status quo for another 50 chapters.

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family
New chapter: http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/nisekoi/en/0/179/

The Yui ship has sailed, and it looks like Marika's next.

Super Jay Mann posted:

I am enjoying the illusion of progress and eagerly await the method by which Komi bluntly enforces the status quo for another 50 chapters.

New thread title.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

:suicide:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Honestly, that was a pretty good way to wrap Yui's crush up.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
New chapter up

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh no, it's Marika's final stand. :smith:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

So this means Marika finally succumbs to anime cancer, right?

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Well, it's been fun, everybody.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Or has to go live with her mother, who will turn out to be... Well, there's a number of ways that could go, honestly.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Man, that's a shitload of medicine :stare:

Is it just me, or do you also get the feeling that this manga is moving towards an ending? We're apparently going through harem members right now, first Yui and now Marika.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'll believe it when I see it.

Which may never happen if Marika actually dies off.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Otter Dislikes Nisekoi But Can't Stop Reading It

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
if marika dies or is otherwise removed from the plot i'll stop reading.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
guys what the hell is going on

if I didn't know better I'd swear this was plot progression...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The fans back home must be holding the author at gunpoint yelling "WE WANT OUR PLOT YOU LAZY BOZO!!"

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Bah, as if something as petty and insignificant as complete, utter, and total rejection could sway Marika's devotion!

Right? :ohdear:
This thread could die off real fast depending on what happens next week.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Toph Bei Fong posted:

This thread could die off real fast depending on what happens next week.

Exactly like Marika! :haw:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Like Komi if he does that to Y-san

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I think killing Marika off would be a bit too dark for this manga's tone.

Making her have emergency surgery and have her mum donating an organ, though... Or chitoge. :v:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Edmond Dantes posted:

I think killing Marika off would be a bit too dark for this manga's tone.

Making her have emergency surgery and have her mum donating an organ, though... Or chitoge. :v:

What's the darkest a rom-com harem manga has ever gotten? School Days doesn't count because that poo poo was bananas from the start.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

HiveCommander posted:

Like Komi if he does that to Y-san

I fear for Komi. :ohdear:

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Wark Say posted:

What's the darkest a rom-com harem manga has ever gotten? School Days doesn't count because that poo poo was bananas from the start.

The ending of School Rumble features Karasuma losing his memory forever, shortly after Tenma finally confesses her love to him. It turns out the reason he was ignoring her the whole series is that he knew he had a degenerative brain disease that would result in permanent amnesia, and he didn't want her to be hurt. She ends the series wanting to become a doctor specializing in memory related disorders, in the hopes of one day getting his memory back. Which, considering it'd been a pretty goofy series overall, is a big punch to the gut to end on.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Toph Bei Fong posted:

HOLY poo poo

:stare: Okay, you win.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Fuuka kills off the titular character, who is also the daughter of the main couple from the prequel. Then it introduces another love interest with the same name.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

jackofarcades posted:

Fuuka kills off the titular character, who is also the daughter of the main couple from the prequel. Then it introduces another love interest with the same name.

Please do not endorse Seo Kouji's manga.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Allarion posted:

Please do not endorse Seo Kouji's manga.

Who/why?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

there's not much of a story. he's a guy who writes manga. the manga are bad.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Toph Bei Fong posted:

The ending of School Rumble features Karasuma losing his memory forever, shortly after Tenma finally confesses her love to him. It turns out the reason he was ignoring her the whole series is that he knew he had a degenerative brain disease that would result in permanent amnesia, and he didn't want her to be hurt. She ends the series wanting to become a doctor specializing in memory related disorders, in the hopes of one day getting his memory back. Which, considering it'd been a pretty goofy series overall, is a big punch to the gut to end on.

Bloody hell.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

Bloody hell.

Lets not forget to mention that the male lead Harima takes it so hard that he basically distances himself from all his old classmates and falls back into the thug life, refusing to hook up with anyone and undoing almost all his character development over the course of the series.

The School Rumble ending is unmatched for retroactively destroying a fun Rom Com to the point that it's not really even possible to go back and enjoy the early parts anymore. The ending literally killed the franchise and associated fandom.

On topic, uh, I only started reading Nisekoi when I subscribed to Viz jump a couple months ago and watched like 5 episodes of the first season, I'm pretty much a detached casual reader with no emotional investment, but things sure seem like they're heading towards an ending to me.

madmac fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 3, 2015

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I had mentally blocked the ending of school rumble for good reason. Now everything is coming back. It's like rom-com PTSD

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That sounds awesome though. Go for the School Rumble ending, Nisekoi. It'd be a memorable train wreck.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Except School Rumble got a sequel called School Rumble Z and it's pretty batshit insane

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My bet is that, IF Komi decides to kill off Marika (and seeing that Komi has Yoshida as an editor, I wouldn't put it past them to throw us a curveball, cliche as this manga is), Raku is going to distance himself from his harem. Kinda like Harima :(

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/nisekoi/en/0/181/

There's pretty much no way Raku can get out of this now without rejecting Marika. Tsugumi must be up next, right? The fact we're headed towards an arc where they track Marika down just so he can properly reject her is just, I don't know.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 7, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Holding out hope for a twist ending.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:sympathy:

• Locked thread