Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
members of the forum, also known as “The Goons,”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

blugu64 posted:

no no no, so you order from buttamazon something for $100, you and buttamazon stake $100,000, and then you insure that $100,000 with an insurance company and stake $100,000,000 on that. see? so simple.

then you find out that buttmazon and the insurance company are the same entity and owned by an eastern european scammer

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

QuarkJets posted:

lol it's like they think goons are wizards or something
you're not? weird

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
Owner of Vermont Wireless ISP May Have Fled the Country to Avoid SEC Investigation

quote:

Houston native Homero Josh Garza, 30, had his hands in as many as a dozen business ventures in Vermont, Delaware, and Massachusetts, including Brattleboro’s Great Auk Wireless. But the wireless ISP founded in 2004 apparently is no longer high on Garza’s list of priorities after the entrepreneur discovered the prospect of big profits mining Bitcoins.

quote:

Garza’s performance in the Bitcoin world has been given similar reviews after his mining venture rose to prominence and then collapsed, leaving investors and regulators looking for answers.

quote:

The prospect of getting “free money” just by running software encouraged the start of a virtual Gold Rush.

quote:

Enter GAW, which stands for “Geniuses At Work.” Garza’s business depended on a steady stream of clients investing in his enormous mining operation. GAW Miners claimed it has 200,000 customers and $120 million in revenue in just six months. GAW also reportedly collected 28,000 Bitcoins worth over $10 million in just two months.

quote:

To get these answers, Garza’s firm was subpoenaed in February to turn over relevant documents. As of late May, Bitcoin traders suspect Garza has left the country and federal investigators behind and relocated to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, which has no extradition treaty with the U.S.

I've learnt something today, GAW either stands for "Great Auk Wireless" or "Geniuses At Work"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

reminds me of

lovely fake lens flares and all

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Nagato posted:

not only that but they've become some kind of internet legend https://www.thepiratesociety.info/threads/the-secret-world-of-wdma-sites.89515/

now to bring this discussion full circle, you can supposedly accounts here for bit coins https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=871593.0 (the entire digital goods section of bitcointalk is stolen accounts/gift cards/piracy things)

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

TVarmy posted:

in the bitcoin future, i order a bag of sugar from the decentralized bazaar (the local grocery store only sells soylent and cold brew coffee now), which requires a vr helmet, trezor, and netbook that is to never be used on the internet. i deposit the coins into a wallet that is a 2 of 2 address, where the coins will be released to the seller when I send the second key.

the seller sends me a bag of white power. i release the funds, but a week later, I decide to make cookies. turns out the sugar was actually a research chemical that imitates heroin.

sans the tech, this is literally the plot of a fabulous furry freak brothers comic from the 70's

"freddy, you idiot, this is 90% pure heroin! it hardly even makes the coffee sweet."

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Heresiarch posted:

sans the tech, this is literally the plot of a fabulous furry freak brothers comic from the 70's

"freddy, you idiot, this is 90% pure heroin! it hardly even makes the coffee sweet."

fat freddy and that fukkin cat of his, man

a fff bros story about them trying to figure out how to use bitcoin to get drugs would be amazing

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Heresiarch posted:

so rassah had a comic in the 70s?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

blugu64 posted:

buttamazon

go on.....

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

my first search result is

quote:

Brazil Butt Lift DVD Workout

they are on to us

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

trucutru posted:

so rassah had a comic in the 70s?

not exactly

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

my first search result is

quote:

Brazil Butt Lift DVD Workout
they are on to us

:lol:

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
new bitcoin dorkumentary popped up on ptp

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

text editor posted:

the idea of irreversibly burning away your fiat in return for bitcoins is perhaps an image that could be taken in a way that they weren't quite going for

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i hope the anthem film festival is named after the ayn rand novel

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Ursine Asylum posted:

the idea of irreversibly burning away your fiat in return for bitcoins is perhaps an image that could be taken in a way that they weren't quite going for

a good movie poster

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

also im the first gis result for 100 trillion dollar bill just muted and rotated slightly

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

text editor posted:

am i wrong or do the small denominations for nearly all of that money not even total up to a current bitcoin's worth?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
caste list

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
i forgot who matt miller was but his bitcoin minute of fame is as good as the best of them

http://gizmodo.com/a-tv-anchor-tries-to-gift-bitcoin-on-air-is-immediatel-1488636715

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Boxturret posted:

it is

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:toot:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
didnt read, whats the funny that warranted 5 bars

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

graph posted:

didnt read, whats the funny that warranted 5 bars

someone said buttcoin

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

text editor posted:

Bitcoin: might as well set your money on fire

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Gawker mentioned /r/buttcoin as a funny bitcoin place

http://gawker.com/a-big-list-of-the-fascinating-strange-useful-and-non-1717963220

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
has microsoft sam said buttcoin yet???

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Boxturret posted:

everything's solved by the simple addition of murder drones

we're already at the prototype stage http://i.imgur.com/r01TBNq.gifv

i'm the massive felony

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Boxturret posted:

ehrm, novella

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

i'm the massive felony

but enough about your posting

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
was looking over the cast list again to see how much overlap there was with the last bitcoin movie

the one woman in the documentary happens to be an actress whose filmography includes the 'bitcoin girl' music video, and an extra in atlas shrugged p3

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what is this!?!?

the glat speech is only 4 minutes :mad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJkVmPc707c

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Boxturret posted:

what is this!?!?

the glat speech is only 4 minutes :mad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJkVmPc707c

Even at 4 minutes he repeats himself so much that couldn't finish watching it.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

text editor posted:

whose filmography includes the 'bitcoin girl' music video

somehow hadn't seen this before

wishing i still hadn't

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

text editor posted:

now to bring this discussion full circle, you can supposedly accounts here for bit coins https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=871593.0 (the entire digital goods section of bitcointalk is stolen accounts/gift cards/piracy things)
i'd say "ugh rules 1 & 2" but being bitcoin the buyers obviously aren't actually going to receive invites so w/e

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
it's me, i'm the The Goons who almost cares about some dumb fight club reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

i'm the massive felony

can't charge a drone with murder
checkmate statist

• Locked thread