Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Fox Ironic posted:

And if Trump wins in the General?

Impeachment Proceedings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fox Ironic posted:

Getting the hell out. I have relatives in Germany.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Fox Ironic posted:

Yooj.S.A.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Fox Ironic posted:

If nothing else, I can guarantee an interesting 4 years.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fox Ironic posted:

Depends how big a fan of Mad Max you are.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

McDowell posted:

We get the world we deserve.

The yoojest, most luxurious crisis.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Fox Ironic posted:

keep going im almost there :gizz:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

JT Jag posted:

Same, but with UK relatives. Watching Trumperica melt down would be funny, but I wouldn't want to live in it at the time.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Note that I'm not so bitter as to vacate the country if any Republican wins. I'd grit my teeth and endure a Jeb presidency.

Someone like Trump or Cruz winning is just especially revolting though.

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

Fox Ironic posted:

Trump resigns in anger after realizing the kind of pay the president gets. Vice President Winfrey takes the oath of office.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

McDowell posted:

We get the world we deserve.

True Detective'd

electric funeral posted:

I'm starting to think this Trump fella doesn't understand what IQ actually means.

Doesn't matter, you're a loser and he'll kick your rear end! Dummy! *puffs on cuban cigar that is now legal*

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Fox Ironic posted:

He runs the country like one of his businesses by defaulting on the debt.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Fox Ironic posted:

:suicide:

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

WingsOfSteel posted:

Vice President Winfrey takes the oath of office.

Worth it.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Fox Ironic posted:

Retreat back to Canada. Trump winning the general would probably imply a GOP congress too, Harper is actually less scary than that.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Fox Ironic posted:

This is one of those jokes that just never stops being funny.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

loving hell please, I hope you idiots vote him in that'd be hilarious.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Prediction: Bernie Sanders will have more pledged delegates than Donald Trump.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cactus posted:

loving hell please, I hope you idiots vote him in that'd be hilarious.

:siren: non-Mexican goon spotted

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

point of return posted:

He runs the country like one of his businesses by defaulting on the debt.

While this would be the worst thing possible for most of the world, it'd be funny to watch China crash and burn because of it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

Prediction: Bernie Sanders will have more pledged delegates than Donald Trump.

Due to the highly unproportional proportional delegate distribution early in the GOP primaries I agree. But that's also because Bernie will have a majority of the Democratic delegates :ssh:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Aliquid posted:

:siren: non-Mexican goon spotted

UK. There simply isn't enough popcorn in all the world to cover what American politics has become.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Aliquid posted:

Due to the highly unproportional proportional delegate distribution early in the GOP primaries I agree. But that's also because Bernie will have a majority of the Democratic delegates :ssh:

Bernie could get one delegate and it would still be true.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cactus posted:

UK. There simply isn't enough popcorn in all the world to cover what American politics has become.

as opposed to the enlightened period of

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Does anyone think gerrymandering will influence who the candidate is? A lot of delegates for the GOP will, before March 15, be awarded proportionally. By "proportionally", they usually mean awarding delegates to the winners of the states' various congressional districts. Many of these districts have been gerrymandered into very safe Republican seats, overflowing with rabid, rural votes. Will individual congressional districts come out with more-extreme candidates on top on their respective election days?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

computer parts posted:

as opposed to the enlightened period of

Eh, touche. I'm just jealous really that my countries politics is so boring in comparison I find it difficult to get engaged with it.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Cactus posted:

Eh, touche. I'm just jealous really that my countries politics is so boring in comparison I find it difficult to get engaged with it.
Good news! Disengagement leads to clusterfucks like this, so you're being the change you want to see.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

JT Jag posted:

Like anywhere would be safe with The Donald as president.

I'm Dutch and the thought frightens me :ohdear:

But then I realize it'll never happen and I go back to enjoying the show.:allears:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Aliquid posted:

Does anyone think gerrymandering will influence who the candidate is? A lot of delegates for the GOP will, before March 15, be awarded proportionally. By "proportionally", they usually mean awarding delegates to the winners of the states' various congressional districts. Many of these districts have been gerrymandered into very safe Republican seats, overflowing with rabid, rural votes. Will individual congressional districts come out with more-extreme candidates on top on their respective election days?

Uh, no matter what, in most states only Republicans can vote for the republican primary, so I doubt the gerrymanders also magically make it hard for say Rubio to win versus Walker or whatever.

Also no, the republicans being gerrymandered to create safer districts are usually suburbanite, occasionally city dwellers in some of the many hard-R cities out there, there's just barely any rural people in a lot of state for them to be useful to turn a district red that wasn't already going to be. This whole meme of the rural 20% of the country causing the issues needs to die, it confuses too many people on how the districts work.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

awesmoe posted:

Good news! Disengagement leads to clusterfucks like this, so you're being the change you want to see.

Excellent! Now all we need is a british version of Fox News, though we'd have to deal with all those pesky libel laws first...

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!
I'm super excited about Chafee's surge over O'Malley in Virginia. Berned out? Let's get Chafed.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cactus posted:

Excellent! Now all we need is a british version of Fox News, though we'd have to deal with all those pesky libel laws first...

Do you want Piers Morgan back then?

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Cactus posted:

Isn't that basically the entire tabloid industry though? I mean, half of them are even owned by Rupert Murdoch!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nintendo Kid posted:

Uh, no matter what, in most states only Republicans can vote for the republican primary, so I doubt the gerrymanders also magically make it hard for say Rubio to win versus Walker or whatever.

Yes, but several state primaries prior to March 15 award delegates proportionally by awarding a couple to whichever candidate gets the majority vote in each congressional district.

This won't have any real effect as we'll be down to a handful of candidates after the carve out states, but it'll be fun to watch all the networks gently caress up their delegate counts!

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Cactus posted:

Isn't that what you guys keep the Daily Mail around for?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joementum posted:

Prediction: Bernie Sanders will have more pledged delegates than Donald "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese" Trump.

I doubt he'll get more, but I also know for a fact Bernie won't get less.

0=0

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So this Chattanooga shooting looks like it could get folded into the ISIS/domestic terrorism narrative, which could shift the conversation from immigration to terrorism.

It'll probably overshadow the deal Democrats have offered to stop adding amendments about the Confederate flag if Republicans agree to restore the Voting Rights Act, but any comments on that would also be interesting.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Skwirl posted:

I doubt he'll get more, but I also know for a fact Bernie won't get less.

0=0

Vermont awards delegates proportionally and votes on March 1. The ballot deadline precedes the Iowa Caucuses, so I expect Bernie will be on the ballot in his home state and pick up a few delegates.

Dean won the Vermont primary in 2004 weeks after dropping out of the race.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope it Bernie doesn't get the nomination he still good on a national tour staying a movement and pushing workers rights and stuff. Honestly having him as a continuing leftism tour with Hillary in office would be pretty badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

This whole meme of the rural 20% of the country causing the issues needs to die, it confuses too many people on how the districts work.

Of course, the rural 20% does have immensely disproportionate power in the Senate.

• Locked thread