Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Greetings Captains. An issue has been identified which requires that Holodeck be shut down for maintenance. Please find a safe spot to log out. The shard will be coming down in 1 minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

-Troika- posted:

Greetings Captains. An issue has been identified which requires that Holodeck be shut down for maintenance. Please find a safe spot to log out. The shard will be coming down in 1 minute.

I was almost done the mission too. I wonder how far back it will send me.

the EP says it is because of people being disconnected?

https://twitter.com/Salami_Inferno/status/621722784222154753

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I got disconnected 4 times in 5 minutes earlier, so poo poo is definitely hosed.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Korgan posted:

Server is up, new starbase holding is in, all other starbase projects are cancelled until you fill the new one slaves.

NoP projects are all filled, fellow kliggers, even the dil-heavy purely aesthetic one. If you need more fleet marks you can wait for the next round!

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
We should probably get the ball rolling on our Armadas once they get the servers back up. That''ll help people get their FC.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Yeah, I got disconnected 4 times in 5 minutes earlier, so poo poo is definitely hosed.

Huh

I wonder what causes it because I wasn't disconnected at all, I had been on since the server light went green.

I almost timed out once in a loading screen but that is it.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I claim this ballstation for the Empire.

Now to exterminate the Rebel scum.

Broderkrunk
Jan 13, 2010

Lagomorphic posted:

We should probably get the ball rolling on our Armadas once they get the servers back up. That''ll help people get their FC.

If they ever get the servers back up.. Jesus..

Preechr
May 19, 2009

According to Salami_Inferno, it's going to be at least 2 hours from now.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Well at least we got projects filled before it went down.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I fully expect those to be rolled back but not be refunded.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

PWE Laughing Trendy posted:

They're working on a build that will help mitigate the symptom while they look for the root cause.

:ughh: is appropriate right now I'd say. :lol: at the "We have no idea what broke so we're gonna push a partial fix build so you can sort of play pretty please buy stuff from the Z-Store"

What's the over/under on the Risa event getting extended another day ? You know there is at *least* 1 person out there that needed just one more day to finish a rep project that gets auto-deleted at the event end :boom: .

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MREBoy posted:

What's the over/under on the Risa event getting extended another day ? You know there is at *least* 1 person out there that needed just one more day to finish a rep project that gets auto-deleted at the event end :boom: .
Pretty high, probably. It's very little effort to add another day or two to the event, maybe throw on an XP or dil weekend or something, and make everyone forgive and forget.

The fact that the last, what, half dozen patches have resulted in intended downtime is hilarious and testament to just how hosed up things at Cryptic are though.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

MREBoy posted:

:ughh: is appropriate right now I'd say. :lol: at the "We have no idea what broke so we're gonna push a partial fix build so you can sort of play pretty please buy stuff from the Z-Store"

Supposedly they were already extending the Risa event another day to make up for extended downtime earlier this summer. Of course, that extra day is rapidly being eaten up by the current extended downtime. . .

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't logged in all week anyway so that's totally fine.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Space buddies :dance:

My friend has a scary Aux2bat build and it's impressive watching them solo advanced spamming powers left and right. Scimitar :swoon:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
That's a nice screenshot of the ugliest ship in the game.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

In fairness the scim is a really excellently made model and perfectly captures the canon version.

It's just the canon Scim is a ludicrously ugly POS.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

SKY COQ posted:

We are still talking about the new Excelsior, right?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

In fairness the scim is a really excellently made model and perfectly captures the canon version.

It's just the canon Scim is a ludicrously ugly POS.
Not only is it exceptionally ugly, but its wings catch on just about everything. And it's so hilariously huge that sometimes when it warps into an STF, its bounding box catches on another ship and they start pushing each other up trying unsuccessfully to get apart. When it's one of the STFs which doesn't let you move for 30 seconds, this can leave you 10s of kilometres above the rest of your team before you can finally separate.

Oh, and despite only being T5, it's still the ship that the DPS crowd uses when they want to break another record.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Burning_Monk posted:

We are still talking about the new Excelsior, right?

The new Excelsior is at the very least less ugly than the the Scimitar.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

g0del posted:

Oh, and despite only being T5, it's still the ship that the DPS crowd uses when they want to break another record.

The inevitable T6 Scimitar is going to be absurd.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

g0del posted:

Not only is it exceptionally ugly, but its wings catch on just about everything. And it's so hilariously huge that sometimes when it warps into an STF, its bounding box catches on another ship and they start pushing each other up trying unsuccessfully to get apart. When it's one of the STFs which doesn't let you move for 30 seconds, this can leave you 10s of kilometres above the rest of your team before you can finally separate.

I made that crack about the Scimitar and then immediately started simmering again about how much I hate how it looks. It's just such a shoddy job from Cryptic - releasing it as a three pack of ships that look loving identical. At least with, say, the Command Cruiser pack the ships have different silhouettes. Give me a Scimitar variant that looks like it was actually built by the Romulan Republic.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

SKY COQ posted:

The new Excelsior is at the very least less ugly than the the Scimitar.

*shrugs* I like the Scim. It's bounding box and size not withstanding. The constipated Excel is just hideous especially because you have to compare it to the original art deco style.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

The inevitable T6 Scimitar is going to be absurd.
And based on the recent T6 updates, even uglier. :unsmigghh:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

g0del posted:

Hrm. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing this.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Tell me how to get Trek League into the armada. I'll try to do it tonight.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

g0del posted:

They will probably make it all smooth and curved on every edge, with speed holes.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Preechr posted:

They will probably make it all smooth and curved on every edge, with speed holes.

I'd be down with that if my main was a Romulan.

AotC
May 16, 2010
So the new holding has a secret room. Any bets on what it is for?

Album of hidden and broken things

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

AotC posted:

It's a rape room from Tasha's planet.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

AotC posted:

It was open on tribble during testing. I think it is a featured project.

Looks like a holodeck.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
do we have enough dil yet for the clicky alien rapetable

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
We take this time to remember those who have passed.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

RIP Marquisnoir's dead gay son, who is in a better place now that he is away from that weirdo.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Ho hum, another season- still crashing to desktop as soon as I hit engage. I've tried safe mode, I've tried a reinstall...still nothing.

I'm open to suggestion, but heavily leaning towards Nothing Of Value Was Lost.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
rip in peace

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
This is why we fight:

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Let us never forget the tragic fake Ferrari accident that took Marq's fake son.

• Locked thread