Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I'm struggling to understand why Steve did that. He's on the edge of the outsider alliance as is and this is gonna cause that group to fracture. Maybe he thinks they'll suspect someone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

It's interesting because Julia & Liz's goodbye message talks about voting Jeff out, so either Liz screwed up somehow saying James' name or she misled both Julia and the rest of her allies. Which doesn't seem too smart, but maybe they can pin the vote on someone else?

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Clocks posted:

It's interesting because Julia & Liz's goodbye message talks about voting Jeff out, so either Liz screwed up somehow saying James' name or she misled both Julia and the rest of her allies. Which doesn't seem too smart, but maybe they can pin the vote on someone else?

Third option: they wanted Jeff to out and knew he was going home regardless of their vote, so they did the hinky vote just to gently caress with the house.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rafington posted:

I'm struggling to understand why Steve did that. He's on the edge of the outsider alliance as is and this is gonna cause that group to fracture. Maybe he thinks they'll suspect someone else?

Steve HAD to be a hinky vote. I just can't imagine any other reason for him to do that. He knew the vote was going the other way, he knew Jeff was targeting him, and he has no relationship with Jeff. He must just trying to throw a wrench into things for chaos.

And maybe Liz was doing the same? Or maybe she's just dumb and thought she was a swing vote and wanted to keep manipulating Jeff? I really don't know.

The house is totally nuts. Audrey is Nyarthalotep, the crawling chaos. She has infected them all.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

This competition is my loving jam

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Imagine turning on the television right then having never heard of Big Brother

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
This competition is amazing.

STAC Goat posted:

Steve HAD to be a hinky vote. I just can't imagine any other reason for him to do that. He knew the vote was going the other way, he knew Jeff was targeting him, and he has no relationship with Jeff. He must just trying to throw a wrench into things for chaos.

And maybe Liz was doing the same? Or maybe she's just dumb and thought she was a swing vote and wanted to keep manipulating Jeff? I really don't know.

The house is totally nuts. Audrey is Nyarthalotep, the crawling chaos. She has infected them all.

I just feel like Steve landed in a great spot after being a target for the first few weeks, so why not sit in the middle and let the two sides fire shots at each other? Why shake things up?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Liz HOH! Twin switch from the hoh! Let chaos reign!

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Yesssssss.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

SHELLI IS A COMP BEAST SHE HAS TO GO

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rafington posted:

This competition is amazing.

I just feel like Steve landed in a great spot after being a target for the first few weeks, so why not sit in the middle and let the two sides fire shots at each other? Why shake things up?

I really, really have no idea. I can't figure out the motivations for anyone in this house.

It's all Audrey's fault. They've stared too long into the Mouth of Madness.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
What are the odds of the noms being the exact same as last week?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Clocks posted:

I'm pretty sure they record goodbye messages for both nominees though?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rafington posted:

What are the odds of the noms being the exact same as last week?

Solid. Johnny Mac got no protection from Liz and Jason, James, and Meg are the likely targets. It's possible Jackie goes up instead of Johnny Mac. Shelli's nominations could be hard. Steve is the only safe nominee she can put up so he might end up a pawn.

Jason will be the target, I think. He has been very vocal that his top targets are Austin, Audrey, Shelli, and Liz. He needed to win that one, not go out in rd 1 because he can't count.

For Jason's sake I hope he didn't throw that.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm pretty sure they record goodbye messages for both nominees though?

Yeah but she specifically said something dog being part of Jeff leaving

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Britt Burns posted:

LOL at Jeff calling Austin creepy.
He is. Super creepy

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So Big Brother has not aired anything with Clay telling the house guests he plays (played) football for A&M. In fact they aired him hiding the fact that he played football. I'm assuming he let it slip during the feeds but was surprised Julie dropped that question on him.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Solid. Johnny Mac got no protection from Liz and Jason, James, and Meg are the likely targets. It's possible Jackie goes up instead of Johnny Mac. Shelli's nominations could be hard. Steve is the only safe nominee she can put up so he might end up a pawn.

Jason will be the target, I think. He has been very vocal that his top targets are Austin, Audrey, Shelli, and Liz. He needed to win that one, not go out in rd 1 because he can't count.

Yeah Jason makes the most sense as the target for me too, but this week we don't have a backdoor, so he could save himself with the BotB, unless he's up with John throwing it.

I feel like it's starting to get really loving risky for John to keep throwing if he does it again this week, but they're very likely to ask him to do it again, and he can't really say no. Does he have a deal with Shelli?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

He is. Super creepy

Pot, kettle. Austin's got his issues but he doesn't hold a candle to Jeff.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So Big Brother has not aired anything with Clay telling the house guests he plays (played) football for A&M. In fact they aired him hiding the fact that he played football. I'm assuming he let it slip during the feeds but was surprised Julie dropped that question on him.

I thought the same thing

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Pot, kettle. Austin's got his issues but he doesn't hold a candle to Jeff.
Lol at him raging the gently caress out because Jeff was talking to the girl he's crushing on and then giving DRs about falling in love quickly while she gives DRs about how she'd rather keep Jeff

Unrequited love is one thing but the way his head was about to explode was hilarious and creepy. She doesn't belong to you Austin

"Judas votes to evict Jeff bwahaha!" What a dork

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

blue squares posted:

I thought the same thing

I think that fact that he played for A&M is the secret. Just playing football isn't. Doesn't shelli wear is HS football tshirt?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Lol at him raging the gently caress out because Jeff was talking to the girl he's crushing on and then giving DRs about falling in love quickly while she gives DRs about how she'd rather keep Jeff

Unrequited love is one thing but the way his head was about to explode was hilarious and creepy. She doesn't belong to you Austin

to be fair he's said that every week. Judas is his wrestler name, I think?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Clay hasn't hidden his football background. One of the guys even asked him if he played with Johnny Football.

rafington posted:

Yeah Jason makes the most sense as the target for me too, but this week we don't have a backdoor, so he could save himself with the BotB, unless he's up with John throwing it.

I feel like it's starting to get really loving risky for John to keep throwing if he does it again this week, but they're very likely to ask him to do it again, and he can't really say no. Does he have a deal with Shelli?

Sort of? Jeff formed an alliance with Shelli, Clay, Jackie, Johnny Mac, and Jeff during Shelli's last HOH week. Shelli and Clay have played that up with Johnny Mac and Shelli really likes and values him so I can't imagine her asking him to go up and throw a third time. Clay will probably suggest it but I think Shelli is smart enough to shoot it down. Besides, Shelli doesn't like or trust Steve and was talking about trying to convince him to throw if she won HOH. So I expect he'll be her pawn.

Liz has nothing with Johnny Mac so she can put him up. But presumably the Sixth Sense will plot together and I think they'll want Shelli to have HOH because Liz/Julia sharing HOH will be complicated as gently caress (but awesome). But that assumes 3.5 (Vanessa, Austin, Liz, and Julia) trust Shelli and Clay, which is iffy.

Some quartet of Johnny Mac, Steve, Jackie, Meg, Jason, and James. I'm not sure how it will break down though.

Fast Luck posted:

I'm not sticking up for Austin. He's a massive dork and being way over the top with this crush and jealousy. I'm fine with him being called creepy.

But Jeff talks about gangbanging the twins in the Jury House, jerked off in bed next to a sleeping houseguest, and manages to hold every single game talk with a woman in this house in a bed. Jeff is super creepy.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

blue squares posted:

to be fair he's said that every week. Judas is his wrestler name, I think?
That and it's his alter-ego, he thinks it's really cool to put on the hat and "become" Judas when he votes people out or whatever.

STAC Goat posted:

But Jeff talks about gangbanging the twins in the Jury House, jerked off in bed next to a sleeping houseguest, and manages to hold every single game talk with a woman in this house in a bed. Jeff is super creepy.
I don't watch the live feeds so I don't know about most of that but I do know jizz gate was made up

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

That and it's his alter-ego, he thinks it's really cool to put on the hat and "become" Judas when he votes people out or whatever.

I don't watch the live feeds so I don't know about most of that but I do know jizz gate was made up

Yeah, Jizzgate was more or less debunked but the reason it was so believable is because it wasn't the first time Jeff was caught jerking it in bed next to someone. Or the first time he threatened to jizz on someone.

And there's the fact that what was ACTUALLY happening in that video was that Jeff was trying to take Julia's shirt off to look for a mole on her back. And Julia was grossed out and disgusted by it.

Jeff is vile.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

Steve and Jason throw that comp and if these idiots paid attention they would have known it.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Jizzgate was more or less debunked but the reason it was so believable is because it wasn't the first time Jeff was caught jerking it in bed next to someone. Or the first time he threatened to jizz on someone.

And there's the fact that what was ACTUALLY happening in that video was that Jeff was trying to take Julia's shirt off to look for a mole on her back. And Julia was grossed out and disgusted by it.

Jeff is vile.

Given how Julia treated Jeff I would say he was even more creepy before the feeds turned on.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'll guess that they will either try to target Jason or James again. Possible Aidrey if things don't fall into place because you would be dumb to put James and Jason on a team for botb

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Also why do some people talk about floating like its a valid strategy? The only person you could make any argument for working was Andy but it's pretty much never works.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Dan was a major floater in his first season. He perfected it. Ride the middle as useless for 80% of the game, then kick it into high gear in final 6 once everyone plays in veto.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Jun floated, Will Floated.

Floating is a great plan especially for the first few weeks while everyone (this season more then others) plays hard. It got a bad rap because some people thing Rachel is good at Big Brother.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Floating early is a pretty viable strategy. Why stick your neck out if you don't have to?

Play hard later in the game. Foster a good relationship with every single person in the house and always make sure there's always a bigger target than you. Then latch on late-mid game and ride an alliance to the end.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Floating gets a bad rap because it usually means that person did nothing all summer.

People are using super extreme examples like Dan... but that's NOT the average floater. The average floater is Johnny Mac and Jackie who don't talk game or even personal conversations on the feeds, sleep all the time, etc...Floaters suck to watch so as a game strategy it's kind of hard to say "good game" to that for me. It is a winnable strategy, but not one I like.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, there's floating as a strategy and there's just being a floater because you're not playing. Dan, Jun, Andy all played the game hard but just kept moving how they could and tried to keep the attention off them. But every season has you Victorias and Spencers who just do nothing all season floating by a long time because they never do anything to win.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Spiky Ooze posted:

Floating gets a bad rap because it usually means that person did nothing all summer.

People are using super extreme examples like Dan... but that's NOT the average floater. The average floater is Johnny Mac and Jackie who don't talk game or even personal conversations on the feeds, sleep all the time, etc...Floaters suck to watch so as a game strategy it's kind of hard to say "good game" to that for me. It is a winnable strategy, but not one I like.

Johnny Mac is a floater? Come on now. He's built some solid relationships with people in the house... he's won or purposely lost every non HOH competition this summer.

Also, is there no takeover this week? Like did they realize the first 3 takeovers did absolutely nothing to the game and just give up?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

sbaldrick posted:

Jun floated, Will Floated.

Floating is a great plan especially for the first few weeks while everyone (this season more then others) plays hard. It got a bad rap because some people thing Rachel is good at Big Brother.

Rachel doesn't even know what the definition of a floater is. On RHAP this last week she said Meg and Juliz were floaters even though both of them are firmly entrenched in alliances and talk game all the time.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Johnny Mac's just on the outside of the alliances but he honestly given his comp wins should be considered to be a huge threat.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Meg is only in the alliance that she fell into week 1, since then she's been a floater. But it's a mistake on her part because she's already lumped in with a group of targets and could get picked off as a secondary target.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Meg's a total floater at this stage. She's throwing comps, making no real connections. She basically only plays when she absolute has to after HOHs and when she goes up. And even then Audrey had to light a fire under her rear end to actually campaign against Day. Meg wants to play under the radar, and that's fine in theory, but its not working for her and she's yet to adapt.

Johnny Mac I'm torn on. If he wasn't being used so much he absolutely would be a floater. He doesn't talk game, he might be throwing HOHs, and he's trying to lay low. In and of itself I think its too early to tell if that's "floating" or "under the radar" but the fact that he's thrown two BotBs and still hasn't really started to working to better his game position has me concerned that he's just not a very good player. Its the same as Meg. Its fine if he came in looking to be under the radar, but circumstances need him to start getting a little more pro-active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

He is. Super creepy

Shut up. Why are you even believing the two minute edit when you know the producers heavily manipulate tv viewers? And that they want Jeff to look good since he was on another one of their shows? Jeff is one of the most vile, misogynistic people to ever appear on this show and it's a testament to the girls and Austin that none of them have completely gone off on his rear end.
CBS needed a way for the Jeff boot top make sense and didn't want to show any of his many disgusting comments or actions. James has been doing a lot of the comments too, but he's clearly only been doing it because Jeff has.

• Locked thread