Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Hawkline posted:

Does Team Sky use memory foam pillows and mattresses?

Sleep Number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hegay posted:

Geraint Thomas could ride from Sagan in the flat, and is now pulling in Quintana with ease

Makes me irate just reading this. Why is anyone still watching.

willemw
Sep 30, 2006
very much so

African AIDS cum posted:

They're riding bikes, in a competition. I can't not look :(

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
I am enjoying Valverde giving Froome the figurative finger on these summit finishes

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Remember Geraint Thomas was ranked 6 on UCI's "Index of Suspicion"

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

When France2 said Geraint Thomas was coming back to the group and his yellow helmet popped out from behind the best climbers in the world...

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/Spitinthesoup/status/621637073460699136

lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

#fullkitwanker

That also seems a silly thing for a UCI president to wear.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

#fullkitwanker

That also seems a silly thing for a UCI president to wear.

Don't forget his son is employed by Sky

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

As a Performance Co-ordinator lol

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
I haven't watched a single second of this tour beyond some big crash vines and I'm feeling good about that choice.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Hegay posted:

Remember Geraint Thomas was ranked 6 on UCI's "Index of Suspicion"

Remember Lance was ranked 4 on that so its about as useless as a chocolate teapot, like anything to do with the UCI.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

ukle posted:

Remember Lance was ranked 4 on that so its about as useless as a chocolate teapot, like anything to do with the UCI.

It means Geraint had way more suspicious blood values than Lance. And I choose to believe it is logarithmic like the richter scale.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

GT climbed faster than Lance circa 2002 today and only slightly slower than him in 2004, with a head wind and in the wet.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pocket posted:

GT climbed faster than Lance circa 2002 today and only slightly slower than him in 2004, with a head wind and in the wet.

All the other teams should just abandon the race in protest. Complete farce.

Or just stop at the beginning of the stage, let Sky get an hour lead. Then race without them. Would be funny as gently caress. Although I wonder how the time cut would work.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Parody Threads posted:

I haven't watched a single second of this tour beyond some big crash vines and I'm feeling good about that choice.

mods rename me Big Crash Vines please

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Parody Threads posted:

You haven't watched a single second of cycling ever please never post in this thread again

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.strava.com/activities/347413263/analysis

Kwiatkowski's ride data. He was doing 330 odd watts on the final climb until Rodriguez caught him, then he seems to have just given up.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

serious gaylord posted:

https://www.strava.com/activities/347413263/analysis

Kwiatkowski's ride data. He was doing 330 odd watts on the final climb until Rodriguez caught him, then he seems to have just given up.

:getin:

KOM on Narrow Road to CMI Beer garden (13s)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Team Sky still taking the piss I see.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

You haven't watched a single second of cycling ever please never post in this thread again

This is 100% not true and btw I'm no pro and I'm old and creaky now but I've ridden with UHC team riders for fun and would probably drop you like the Fred you are.

Anyway please feel free to be a dickhead as it's your right on the internet.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Parody Threads posted:

This is 100% not true and btw I'm no pro and I'm old and creaky now but I've ridden with UHC team riders for fun and would probably drop you like the Fred you are.

Anyway please feel free to be a dickhead as it's your right on the internet.

lmao owned bitch

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
for fun, bitch

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Has Ross Tucker gone over the edge? Love the dude, but this is the first time I've seen him go all in on a dope accusation and the criticism is driving him nuts.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Parody Threads posted:

I should've taken this approach. Instead, I watch nbc coverage for three hours after a day of work and go to bed in a seething rage

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Every time the camera shows Froome, his head is slumped down staring at the stem of his bike.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Gerraint Thomas, taking the piss 3 km from the finish. Where the gently caress did that come from?

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Lolling right now if you've only ridden with domestic pros for fun and haven't raced against them like I have. Also lolling if you ride with UHC over Optum, the discerning fan's domestic pro team of choice.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Andy Dufresne posted:

Has Ross Tucker gone over the edge? Love the dude, but this is the first time I've seen him go all in on a dope accusation and the criticism is driving him nuts.

He's just fed up with taking abuse from 95 IQ Brits

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Lol if you don't have domestic pros on your saturday group ride.

Purito was so happy to win :3:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Sky should just have Froome contest the sprint stages, it'd at least be entertaining and it wouldn't be any more blatant than loving Geraint Thomas catching Quintana.

It wouldn't even be suspicious, they could credit it to their new dish washing technique!

Not a bad race if you pretend Sky isn't in it though :unsmith:

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Anachronist posted:

Lolling right now if you've only ridden with domestic pros for fun and haven't raced against them like I have. Also lolling if you ride with UHC over Optum, the discerning fan's domestic pro team of choice.

Those are very fair points so I'm glad I didn't try to put you on blast and claim you've never watched cycling. :cheers:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

Tejay knows if he just stays in 2nd he'll be crowned the real winner when they retroactively remove Froomes results

The good thing about cycling today is that if you're anywhere in the top ten, you have a good chance of winning a decade later.

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band

Dirk Pitt posted:

Gerraint Thomas, taking the piss 3 km from the finish. Where the gently caress did that come from?

BBC posted:

Thomas, 29, has always been good. A star graduate of the British Cycling system, the Welshman won the Junior Paris-Roubaix race at 17, a junior world title on the track at 18 and by 21 he was completing his first Tour de France.
He spent the next five years, like Wiggins, alternating between the road and the track, winning two Olympic gold medals in the process.
Concentrating on the road since 2012, Thomas has arguably been the most impressive rider at this year's Tour, with rival teams looking on enviously at the yellow-jersey contender Team Sky can afford to use as Froome's sherpa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/33539511

I'm not saying that something funny isn't going on with Froome, but Thomas does have a history of being a strong rider.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Andy Dufresne posted:

I think he's immensely frustrated at being accused of being biased when he set out to try and prove how clean cycling had become and has talked extensively about other sports and athletes for several years.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Ted Ed Fred posted:

I'm not saying that something funny isn't going on with Froome, but Thomas does have a history of being a strong rider.

I'm Welsh, so biased as poo poo towards Our Geraint but even then his history as a strong rider didn't include climbing.
It's all bollocks anyway as most of the heroes that evil Sky are beating have been literally banned for doping in the past.

If they do get caught the media backlash against Froome (Kenyan),Thomas and Brailsford (Welsh) will be as if they had Maddie playing with Lee Rigby's head in their basement.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ted Ed Fred posted:

Yeah good point. I've got money on Chris Hoy to win next years Tour

God drat the British media are gullible or collaborators either way its bad

Crystael
Mar 19, 2010

Dirk Pitt posted:

Yeah, good point - it's almost as if he didn't win the Volta ao Algarve, finish 5th in Paris-Nice or 2nd in the Tour de Suisse already this season!

For me, Thomas is far more believable than, say, Froome - he's a massive engine who, having focussed on the road since London 2012, has shown a gradual upwards trajectory in both the classics and in stage races. I still think he'll crack in the Alps, which would at least make his performance a bit more believable.

This thread has turned into a bizarre mixture of justified scepticism and utter ignorance from people who clearly think the TDF is the only bike race that happens every year, the latter of which completely undermines the former!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

So how does Wiggo factor in all this. Track star to road star after losing a poo poo ton of weight

Gets a pass cos he seems like a nice bloke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Crystael posted:

Yeah, good point - it's almost as if he didn't win the Volta ao Algarve, finish 5th in Paris-Nice or 2nd in the Tour de Suisse already this season!

For me, Thomas is far more believable than, say, Froome - he's a massive engine who, having focussed on the road since London 2012, has shown a gradual upwards trajectory in both the classics and in stage races. I still think he'll crack in the Alps, which would at least make his performance a bit more believable.

This thread has turned into a bizarre mixture of justified scepticism and utter ignorance from people who clearly think the TDF is the only bike race that happens every year, the latter of which completely undermines the former!

You are right, he's been suspect all season, thanks for pointing that out.