Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

ManicJason posted:

Is that a National Cycle wind screen? I've never been able to get mine setup correctly so it stops thrashing my head around.

Beautiful bike.

It is! I actually took it off for the return trip for that exact reason. For back highways where I'm going under 70 it's not too bad, but on faster roads it's TERRIBLE for how much it vibrates my helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Where in the Adirondacks? I try to get over there almost every Monday.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Where in the Adirondacks? I try to get over there almost every Monday.

Nice! I was just outside of Inlet. It was my first trip up there since moving to the finger lakes region so I just wanted to go somewhere simple. If you have suggestions on places to go, let me know!

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Every single picture I took on a 500 mile ride has my bike in it :holy:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Dr. Light posted:

If you have suggestions on places to go, let me know!

I went to college up in Potsdam, the highlight of my drive was always Rt 30 from Indian Lake to Long Lake. Rt 3 to Cranberry Lake is also a good one.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Dr. Light posted:

Nice! I was just outside of Inlet. It was my first trip up there since moving to the finger lakes region so I just wanted to go somewhere simple. If you have suggestions on places to go, let me know!
I'm usually near the crown point bridge just rayeling da twisteez, but sometimes doing a loop by schroon lake, long lake, tupper lake, saranac lake, lake placid. Never really did any camping, though. Almost every road around there is very scenic.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

M42 posted:

Man I miss the south.

Also, that bike is all fuckin business.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

M42 posted:

Doing it right.

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost

Deeters posted:

I went to college up in Potsdam, the highlight of my drive was always Rt 30 from Indian Lake to Long Lake. Rt 3 to Cranberry Lake is also a good one.

Cool. I went to Clarkson and used to do the route through the Adirondacks... I-87N to Warrensburg, then 9 to 28 to 30 to 3 to 56, I think. Beautiful drive most of the time, kinda intimidating in a snowstorm at night. Sometimes just to mix it up I would go north on I-87 until the Lake Placid exit and go through Saranac Lake, etc.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Clarkson sucks and gently caress Rt. 11 forever.

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost
Clarkson was OK, but I'll agree on route 11. I don't think there is a more consistently depressing road anywhere. The only good thing about it was that it took you out of Potsdam, and maybe to A1 Chinese Food in Canton. I still miss the General Tso chicken.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

mungtor posted:

Cool. I went to Clarkson and used to do the route through the Adirondacks... I-87N to Warrensburg, then 9 to 28 to 30 to 3 to 56, I think. Beautiful drive most of the time, kinda intimidating in a snowstorm at night. Sometimes just to mix it up I would go north on I-87 until the Lake Placid exit and go through Saranac Lake, etc.

I went to Clarkson too, graduated in 12. I took the Warrensburg exit probably 90% of the time. Rt 11 was just an awful grind and I pitied any of my friends who had to take it.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
I'm buying the one in the middle (this exact bike). The other two are stupid.

Think I'll sell the Buell, too much unexpected stuff has broken out of nowhere lately.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

A wise decision.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

High Protein posted:

Think I'll sell the Buell, too much unexpected stuff has broken out of nowhere lately.

Unexpected. :laugh:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

High Protein posted:

Fly and ride mine for probably less than you're going to pay, it's only barely broken in! Even has the same powerparts :)

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

SaNChEzZ posted:

Fly and ride mine for probably less than you're going to pay, it's only barely broken in! Even has the same powerparts :)

Seriously kills me nobody has bought your bike yet.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

SaNChEzZ posted:

Heh I'm buying it off my dad and getting a good deal... why are you selling yours? He's selling it because after one season of riding it he's decided he's Old after all and is buying a Triumph Tiger.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

High Protein posted:

Heh I'm buying it off my dad and getting a good deal... why are you selling yours? He's selling it because after one season of riding it he's decided he's Old after all and is buying a Triumph Tiger.

Selling it because I've paid registration on it twice, done the first service, paid insurance for two years and it only has 1096 miles on it. I used to commute by bike when I was commuting 17 miles in LA. Now my commute is 4 non-bullshit miles and it takes me longer to suit up in the morning than it does to get there in the car so it's just not as loved as it deserves to be.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Stop you're making me feel like a moron for doing my 1 mile commute to work by bike.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

notZaar posted:

Stop you're making me feel like a moron for doing my 1 mile commute to work by bike.

Just work your way up to wheelieing the entire way.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
I used to regularly do a ~5 minute commute on my bike. Who cares if it takes you a bit to suit up, you're still going there on a bike.

Plus it just gives you an excuse to take the long way to/from work and do a little exploring. :getin:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It has led to a new riding philosophy for me: some of the gear, most of the time.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

notZaar posted:

It has led to a new riding philosophy for me: some of the gear, most of the time.

Sure, as long as you like having some of your skin, most of the time.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

notZaar posted:

That was me until I crashed in jeans, at 30mph may as well have been naked from the waist down.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

notZaar posted:

Same.

SaNChEzZ posted:

That was me until I crashed in jeans, at 30mph may as well have been naked from the waist down.

Guess I just won't crash!:v:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

Guess I just won't crash!:v:

Hard to crash when you blow up engines.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Flikken posted:

Hard to crash when you blow up engines.

Hey! It isn't plural!

....yet:ninja:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

Hey! It isn't plural!

....yet:ninja:

Well aren't you about to try and redo thst trip again?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Flikken posted:

Well aren't you about to try and redo thst trip again?

This time the bike is going in the moving truck. :geno:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

notZaar posted:

Yeah me too, 10 minute commute at 35mph tops = helmet and gloves. Jacket if it's cold.

I try really hard not to crash, but an Egret had something to say about that last week :smith:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

leica posted:

Yeah me too, 10 minute commute at 35mph tops = helmet and gloves. Jacket if it's cold.

I try really hard not to crash, but an Egret had something to say about that last week :smith:

The problem is when people crash into you

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

leica posted:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SaNChEzZ posted:

The problem is when people crash into you

Yeah I get it, but I figure road rash is the last thing I'll be worried about if I get hit by a car. As long as I protect my melon I'm content.

This has been posted a number of times after telling my story of the suicidal Egret. RIP dumb bird.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

leica posted:

Yeah I get it, but I figure road rash is the last thing I'll be worried about if I get hit by a car. As long as I protect my melon I'm content.

This has been posted a number of times after telling my story of the suicidal Egret. RIP dumb bird.

You should get it as an av.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

leica posted:

You say that until you're fine except for your road rash, haha. To each their own, CA hivemind etc.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

leica posted:

I like you but you Are Wrong, and this I cannot forgive.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Slavvy posted:

+1

I have a hard time imagining a worse hell than being mentally sound but physically incapable of doing the things I love.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sofullofhate posted:

+1

I have a hard time imagining a worse hell than being mentally sound but physically incapable of doing the things I love.

Let me tell you, it loving blows and when you're in that kind of shape you don't stay mentally sound very long. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Slavvy posted:

You're right, I'm probably gonna crash and get the worst road rash in the history of road rashes but I'll just have to deal.

Maybe I'll wear a cup to protect my dick and balls too, just to be sure that's gonna still work ok.