Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

I'm getting all the endings on one character...by beating the game 3 times on ng+ cycles like a real gamer

Hell yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

I'm getting all the endings on one character...by beating the game 3 times on ng+ cycles like a real gamer

good man

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I have achieved the platinum bloodborne trophy. I have found my worth in the waking world

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Is the good version of souls 2 worth $40 if I already played it to death
On ps3

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Benny D posted:

On ps3

if you have a burning urge to play it and it's on sale for 20 go for it.

it comes with all the dlc

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

On ps3

no

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
have you played the other dlc already?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's worth it. I liked ds2 a lot though so take that as you will.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Benny D posted:

On ps3

if you don't want to play dark souls 2 don't buy dark souls 2 master edition

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

On ps3

the ps3 version doesnt have the new enemy stuf.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Benny D posted:

On ps3

I played it to death on ps3, got the new version for ps4, but I've barely touched it because of Bloodborne, and shortly Phantom Pain.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I played the first two dlc but not the third one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game is extremely good and i cant stop playing it. i just got past rom, ive been able to oneshot every boss but the cainhurst castle dude wrecks my poo poo. hes loving tough. im just gonna come back to him once ive got +9/+10 stuff.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
if you can learn the parry timings for his melee attacks he becomes insanely easy. its also usually pretty easy to find people to summon outside his door too but hes an optional boss that wont bar any progress so you can just come back later if you want.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

this game is extremely good and i cant stop playing it. i just got past rom, ive been able to oneshot every boss but the cainhurst castle dude wrecks my poo poo. hes loving tough. im just gonna come back to him once ive got +9/+10 stuff.

Some of his casting animations are long enough for a backstabbing visceral if you stay close

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

have you tried any chalice stuff

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

have you tried any chalice stuff

im actually stuck on undead giant v2 lol. dude randomly oneshots you

i beat the cainhurst guy. just straight up did not let him do anything and kept hammering

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I pulled out the dark souls instruction booklet for the first time ever and it says some strange stuff. Like:
"VAGRANTS: If you drop a certain item or lose a large amount of humanity, those items and humanity move to another players world and form vagrant enemies."

Is this something that didn't make it in or do I just not know what it meabs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

I pulled out the dark souls instruction booklet for the first time ever and it says some strange stuff. Like:
"VAGRANTS: If you drop a certain item or lose a large amount of humanity, those items and humanity move to another players world and form vagrant enemies."

in DS1, if a ton of people die in a certain spot or drop items, it might cause a crab to spawn that will give you humanity when you kill it.

problem is with the way the servers were retardedly split up it's insanely rare.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Benny D posted:

i played dark souls for an obscene amount of time and never once saw a vagrant. i know they exist but they are impossibly difficult to get

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

There are white vagrants and red vagrants, and yeah, I played an absolutely ton of dark souls and didn't know they existed until I saw a video like a month ago.

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

they're pretty rare but they exist

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

NickRoweFillea posted:

i played dark souls for an obscene amount of time and never once saw a vagrant. i know they exist but they are impossibly difficult to get

i've seen one in the hundred some hours i've played. white, i think.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
vagrants and drift item bags are the coolest poo poo
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/vagrant

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I killed a vagrant once, tucked away in some obscure corner of Sen's Fortress you only visit once. I think it may have dropped some upgrade stone or consumable that I wasn't particularly thrilled with.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive seen white and red ones in these places on ps3:

a dark corner of the blighttown swamp
the dlc woods, enar the lift down to chester
darkroot garden near the frogs

and like a few days ago i saw one in anor londo in the painting guardian room. it was like on the big statue of gwynevere where you have to walk across to get to the divine blessing chest so i didnt kill it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i havent played like 500+ hours of ds1 either .. maybe 200 hours.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's rarer : finding a vagrant or finding a coop partner in Demons Souls lol. That's just some Souls jokes for yall, enjoy your day.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

chalice rom has to be the worst boss in the game jesus loving christ

yes please chain all your AOEs in a row thats fair

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

I've had the hardest time with Bloodletting Beast. Took me forever to beat the first version, and now I'm stuck on the second version.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Bobnumerotres posted:

The pillars block the meteors

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mergo's wet nurse was pretty disappointing for how loving cool it looked.all you need to do is stay behind it and it's totally unable to attack you lol it doesnt even bother to turn around

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

vagrants and drift item bags are the coolest poo poo
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/vagrant

does ne1 know what the difference between a drift item bag and a vagrant is ?>

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

does ne1 know what the difference between a drift item bag and a vagrant is ?>

you know how when you drop something you see a sort of translucent item bag on the ground? a drift item bag is when you find one of those from another players world. theyre spawned from the list of items on that wikidot. if you dont pick that bag up, itll then travel to another player thats in your same pool of players, and if ten people dont find/open it, it becomes a white/good vagrant

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

ive seen white and red ones in these places on ps3:

a dark corner of the blighttown swamp
the dlc woods, enar the lift down to chester
darkroot garden near the frogs

and like a few days ago i saw one in anor londo in the painting guardian room. it was like on the big statue of gwynevere where you have to walk across to get to the divine blessing chest so i didnt kill it

iirc one spawns on the way up to the archers in anor londo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i saw one in the parish

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

i saw one in the parish

that's where i saw mine. iirc, the landing coming up from andre.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

iirc one spawns on the way up to the archers in anor londo

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

you know how when you drop something you see a sort of translucent item bag on the ground? a drift item bag is when you find one of those from another players world. theyre spawned from the list of items on that wikidot. if you dont pick that bag up, itll then travel to another player thats in your same pool of players, and if ten people dont find/open it, it becomes a white/good vagrant

ohhhh. ill make sure to leave any i see, though ive never seen one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

high level keeper of the old lords can just break out of combos whenever she feels like it with an extremely fast swing and it's infuriating

man she is really loving hard when she can oneshot you and has 50 million hp. im stuck. thats it. i cant proceed in these chalice dungeons anymore

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 23, 2015