Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Pesterchum posted:

Maybe you're hitting the DPS meter threshold then, good job

And there you go on continuing to assume.

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Who cares about numbers. it's all about the pretty princessing.

Sure wish there was a way to hide the UI though.

Edit: also http://i.imgur.com/YdSA4I6.gifv

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 17, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

What the gently caress are you people talking about?

The recent influx of players from the start of the OBT has crashed every loving chat channel and guild functionality. I cannot do anything right now even if we did have slots open. Stop loving PMing me today because I know you whores are all below 2000 prestige.

They have stated they are working on it and who knows when this poo poo will be fixed. The guild is literally just a broken chat channel currently until we start building the support buildings which cost a gently caress ton of construction points so we are not going to be doing that until we get all of you assholes in this loving poo poo show.

Stop loving PMing me in game as I literally will not see it. The chat is totally dicked today.

I also don't give a gently caress about this damage meter poo poo because everyone here is loving terrible and being the top of a board of losers only proves your autism.

If you want into this guild after all this bullshit unfucks itself then get to Prestige 2050 and unlock your order so you can build the guild poo poo. Get in CTS mumble and down to Russia Game Angry dome channel and form up groups to do things there.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 17, 2015

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Paladin symbol can make it rough to use the knight invulnerable aoe reflect channel because it can proc during it and cause you to take 0 damage throughout it so the explosion at the end does nothing :(

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Dosvidanya posted:

Paladin symbol can make it rough to use the knight invulnerable aoe reflect channel because it can proc during it and cause you to take 0 damage throughout it so the explosion at the end does nothing :(

#firsttankproblems

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
So it seems like there's a bug where every time you use the teleporter you get another daily login reward.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

http://en.inkei.net/anus/a/DPS_meter!drinkfist!20150717

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
These servers are really stable and good.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
So I'm getting the impression the game is pretty much unplayable for now cause my latency is all over the place.

Worse, my sick burns in regional chat rarely get through. :(

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Welcome to Launch day.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I hopped off while my girlfriend was finishing something on Netflix, thinking that's why I was getting lag, and now I'm in a 1,700 person queue to log in. That's actually fairly funny.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

LunaDeus posted:

So it seems like there's a bug where every time you use the teleporter you get another daily login reward.

Yeah I got like 4 daily rewards back to back.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah I got like 4 daily rewards back to back.

Doesn't seem like the rewards count towards the spark limit either.

Too bad it stops at day 7 though, but hey no server rollbacks.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
That bug was going on in the first 10 hours of early access, then they fixed it. Looks like they brought it back.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Ok they seem to be doing a full restart with claims that it will be up in 15 - 20 mins. This is obviously a red lie so when the servers do come back up in about 2 hours and if the chat is working start sending me your PMs to "Irate Drinkfist" or any other commander that I cant be bothered to remember their names. Probably your best bet of getting into the guild today is if you drop in on mumble and tell everyone to get hosed for their line of Carthage must be destroyed jokes.

We just opened up another wing of the guild and are already working on the next. There are a lot of open slots right now. I do really only want people at 2050+ Prestige or people that intend to be just that very soon. If you are some casual goon that has a job or some poo poo then get to 2050 and then Ill get you into this wretched hive of scum and villainy.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I had it give me all the daily rewards then it reset my starter quest chain for more loving rewards. Then just before the servers went down it let me dump a bunch of poo poo into the atlas at no cost. Can't wait for the servers to come back up so I can find out if I'm the worlds strongest 700 prestige cryomancer.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010
Game is much more fun than expected for something I'd heard nothing about til yesterday. You nerds sold me on it though, and it owns. Gonna be good an wait for 2050 before I join up, though.

I do not get why so many pubbies hate Paladin. I have to assume they never played CoH tankers or a BC-era protection Pally, though, because this seriously reminds me of the bad old days of gathering up 20-odd dudes at a time and AOEing them into dust. Slow my rear end--- maybe if you kill single spawns like a scrublord or something.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Zizi posted:

Game is much more fun than expected for something I'd heard nothing about til yesterday. You nerds sold me on it though, and it owns. Gonna be good an wait for 2050 before I join up, though.

I do not get why so many pubbies hate Paladin. I have to assume they never played CoH tankers or a BC-era protection Pally, though, because this seriously reminds me of the bad old days of gathering up 20-odd dudes at a time and AOEing them into dust. Slow my rear end--- maybe if you kill single spawns like a scrublord or something.

I'm hitting a bit weaker now around prestige 5k but it's been a pretty smooth ride up to there. Bosses have almost entirely been a nonissue to my paladin so far, it's pretty nice.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Names of Commanders that can invite to Guild:

Irate Drinkfist
Literal Fetish
Storm Gale
Josephine Smith
Gregor Eisenhorn
Lewtt Gingrich
Erich Zann
Nuevo Berg
Korben Dallas

You can filter if I am online by unchecking the offline button when searching for players in the social menu.

All commanders can simply move someone out of their clan into a clan with open slots to be able to invite into their clan. Thats how this works. The clan commanders can only invite into their clan when they have open slots. Normally I will just move everyone out of my clan and then start sending out invites and repeat until full. If you cannot contact me in this madness try the above list of losers.

Once again and as usual you will have much more luck getting into the guild by getting into mumble and just asking for an invite.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 17, 2015

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

DPS Meters
Only play with goons.

quote:

Brazilians
Always turn off local chat.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Bets on how soon this game turns into a raging cash shoppe shitshow like Neverwinter?

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Kinetic is all about burst damage. Their basic attacks give a stacking debuff on whatever it hits that increases the damage of RMB charge attack 16% per stack, up to 92%. The gravity bubble that you can pop once every 15 sec. gives a 40% buff to your damage on top of the debuff. The cherry on top is gravity trap, which guarantees a crit to your first hit, even against bosses.

The Kinetics atlas is split, top and bottom, between rock and lighting themed skills and talents. They usually fill the same role, but behave in different ways. Your first real AoE, for example, is either going to be rockfall or chain gravitation, depending on what branch you go down. Without a talent you can grab later in the tree, chain gravitation is pretty bad. It's basically an electric bouncy ball that hits 7 enemies in a row, but doesn't hit the same enemy twice. The talent adds eight more hits in total, and it can hit twice. Rockfall hits better starting off, usually enough to kill most trash mobs in one hit, but it has a major drawback. It takes all of your energy to use, so once you pop it, you have to use basic attacks until you're back up. It does have a talent that gives it a chance to not use energy, but I've gone with the bouncy ball and I haven't looked back.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

MinorRed posted:

Kinetic is all about burst damage. Their basic attacks give a stacking debuff on whatever it hits that increases the damage of RMB charge attack 16% per stack, up to 92%. The gravity bubble that you can pop once every 15 sec. gives a 40% buff to your damage on top of the debuff. The cherry on top is gravity trap, which guarantees a crit to your first hit, even against bosses.

The Kinetics atlas is split, top and bottom, between rock and lighting themed skills and talents. They usually fill the same role, but behave in different ways. Your first real AoE, for example, is either going to be rockfall or chain gravitation, depending on what branch you go down. Without a talent you can grab later in the tree, chain gravitation is pretty bad. It's basically an electric bouncy ball that hits 7 enemies in a row, but doesn't hit the same enemy twice. The talent adds eight more hits in total, and it can hit twice. Rockfall hits better starting off, usually enough to kill most trash mobs in one hit, but it has a major drawback. It takes all of your energy to use, so once you pop it, you have to use basic attacks until you're back up. It does have a talent that gives it a chance to not use energy, but I've gone with the bouncy ball and I haven't looked back.

Down is also the right choice because it puts you in the right direction for punch fists. I don't know if they're optimal, but come on, they're punch fists.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Rockfall is better against bosses, though. The alternative to punch fists are passives that buff either your LMB or your RMB but I'm pretty sure sledge is optimal against most bosses anyway, as it adds a ton of damage.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 17, 2015

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
The mantide enemies (insects) have a couple mechanics I'm unclear on. They have an attack that forms a purple void ball over them, is that the reflect shield? They also have something that makes all of their allies just glow purple. I keep having damage just come out of nowhere from them, I'm clearly doing something wrong.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Valatar posted:

Always turn off local chat.

I haven't found a way to turn off the chat box, am I blind?

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010

Goodchild posted:

The mantide enemies (insects) have a couple mechanics I'm unclear on. They have an attack that forms a purple void ball over them, is that the reflect shield? They also have something that makes all of their allies just glow purple. I keep having damage just come out of nowhere from them, I'm clearly doing something wrong.

If you see the purple ball over them, just stop attacking. It will grow if you inflict damage, and then it explodes in an aoe. The aoe isn't huge, so you can get away from it before it goes off (as they won't move while it's up).

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

WarLocke posted:

I haven't found a way to turn off the chat box, am I blind?

Hit the I key to bring up the chat tabs. Right-click on the tab you dislike, select close.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Drinkfist posted:

What the gently caress are you people talking about?

The recent influx of players from the start of the OBT has crashed every loving chat channel and guild functionality. I cannot do anything right now even if we did have slots open. Stop loving PMing me today because I know you whores are all below 2000 prestige.

They have stated they are working on it and who knows when this poo poo will be fixed. The guild is literally just a broken chat channel currently until we start building the support buildings which cost a gently caress ton of construction points so we are not going to be doing that until we get all of you assholes in this loving poo poo show.

Stop loving PMing me in game as I literally will not see it. The chat is totally dicked today.

I also don't give a gently caress about this damage meter poo poo because everyone here is loving terrible and being the top of a board of losers only proves your autism.

If you want into this guild after all this bullshit unfucks itself then get to Prestige 2050 and unlock your order so you can build the guild poo poo. Get in CTS mumble and down to Russia Game Angry dome channel and form up groups to do things there.

but people who just got to prestige 2050 won't be able to start helping building poo poo

even if they luck out into starting with two engineers, they'd still have to train them to get a good success chance

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RottenK posted:

but people who just got to prestige 2050 won't be able to start helping building poo poo

even if they luck out into starting with two engineers, they'd still have to train them to get a good success chance

Fails still work for partial credit, and the guild's big enough that we don't need 100% spergs anymore, just people actively still playing the game past 2k prestige. Probably in one more hall or so we'll have enough slots for almost everyone, if not everyone.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i've spent a good portion of today playing this game and it seems kinda neat but wow it sucks at explaining itself its five thousand different types of currency. i feel like 90% of this stuff doesn't need to be as complex as it is. i'm also a little curious how big the grind is gonna be, i'd like to get to berserker because it seemed totally my poo poo during the training and i'm not really loving paladin but it looks like its a million miles away on the sphere grid.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

i've spent a good portion of today playing this game and it seems kinda neat but wow it sucks at explaining itself its five thousand different types of currency. i feel like 90% of this stuff doesn't need to be as complex as it is. i'm also a little curious how big the grind is gonna be, i'd like to get to berserker because it seemed totally my poo poo during the training and i'm not really loving paladin but it looks like its a million miles away on the sphere grid.

I think the ballpark estimate for getting to berserker is going to be about 3 weekly caps worth of sparks. Picking another class from slayer, archer, necromancer, and kinetic is a little more feasible, and I think even monk is closer than berserker, but I'm not 100% sure.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I think the ballpark estimate for getting to berserker is going to be about 3 weekly caps worth of sparks. Picking another class from slayer, archer, necromancer, and kinetic is a little more feasible, and I think even monk is closer than berserker, but I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah, Monk is around 9 of those large grid circles away from the start, Berserker is 11. Archer, Slayer, Kinetic and Necromancer are 6.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

poo poo, that sucks. maybe i'll go towards something else first then.

also, is there any full controller support for this game? i can move around and use the camera but i cant figure out how to do anything else.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
what's the point of prestige minmaxing that some people do

congrats you artificially pumped your prestige up and can now participate in content where your character is weak and will drag the group down good job retards

or at least that's how it looks to me

am i misunderstanding something?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
also did anyone who knows how this game works look at that dev guide i reposted

i just want to know if it's correct information or some useless CBT poo poo that's outdated

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Is there no way to turn off double-tap dodge? Not even in a config file of some sort?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Kessel posted:

Is there no way to turn off double-tap dodge? Not even in a config file of some sort?

Not that I could find. I mentioned in mumble about the hidden keybinds, like how holding shift and r opened up my progress menu for some reason, which makes my usual binding of R to an ability obnoxious

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

RottenK posted:

what's the point of prestige minmaxing that some people do

congrats you artificially pumped your prestige up and can now participate in content where your character is weak and will drag the group down good job retards

or at least that's how it looks to me

am i misunderstanding something?

you can't really "artificially" pump up your prestige, since the only way to get more prestige is to have higher stats

the only issue I've had with inflated prestige is longer queue times and the inability to equip some of the gear designed for my prestige level, which really isn't a big deal considering actual higher-proficiency items do nothing but provide meager stat bonuses. Next week my proficiency will probably match my prestige anyway

on the plus side, I got in early on symbols of immortality, champions seals, amulet slots, and a headstart on the grindy-as-gently caress trophies in week 1. I was also (still am) able hop in to help lowbie groups with a superboosted berserker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Kinetic is hecka fun. Working my way towards punchpowers. I'm concerned that Sledgehammer occupies the same slot my apparently biggest damage ability (Demolition) also occupies, but I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

I played some alchemist in the stress test and I'm seriously jonesing for more. Not $60 worth of Jonesing though.

P.S.: Regarding the Kinetic's powerup field ability, to get the damage bonus, do I need to be in the field? Does my target need to be in the field? Or do we both need to be in the field?

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 17, 2015

• Locked thread