Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

DonDoodles posted:

Let us never forget the tragic fake Ferrari accident that took Marq's fake son.

son fake, dead, and gay, so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
I'd rather be dead and gay, than be biologically connected to marquisnoir.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

BombermanX posted:

I'd rather be dead and gay, than be biologically connected to marquisnoir.

The sad thing is Marquisnoir's dead gay son didn't get to choose only one.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Reports of my final death have been greatly exaggerated:

Aleth fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 17, 2015

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Despite the fact that Cryptic claimed that no changes were made to elite queues, they have actually added more hard failure conditions. For Bug Hunt Elite, if your trusty NPC sidekick Johnny Rico Lt. Vanderweer dies, you fail the mission.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

This is why we fight:

No, this is why I stop playing the game as soon as something else remotely interesting comes along.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Paging our beloved Acid: come set up the NoP armada so we can begin continue our domination of KDF, tia.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 17, 2015

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Preechr posted:

Despite the fact that Cryptic claimed that no changes were made to elite queues, they have actually added more hard failure conditions. For Bug Hunt Elite, if your trusty NPC sidekick Johnny Rico Lt. Vanderweer dies, you fail the mission.

That is hilarious, holy poo poo.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Soviet Commubot posted:

That is hilarious, holy poo poo.

Ya I saw lots of discussion about BHEs all failing because the dude got killed. Somone in DOFFJOBS said that he runs up to the hive mother at the beginning and throws a grenade, then starts teleporting around so he's hard to find/protect/heal

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

Ya I saw lots of discussion about BHEs all failing because the dude got killed. Somone in DOFFJOBS said that he runs up to the hive mother at the beginning and throws a grenade, then starts teleporting around so he's hard to find/protect/heal

Definitely going to hit the queues later!

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Not sure why people were complaining about the T6 Excel's Hull, it looks like the normal Excel hull with some extra lights and doodads.

Only things I don't like are the saucer and pylons.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

So I just started playing this again after I think a year or so away? Turns out way back when I bought the Odyssey Tactical Cruiser, is this junk now because it's real purty and I'm looking forward to flying it again once I've leveled up.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Oh hey, you don't need to own the Resolute to use the Type 5 windows on the excel.

http://imgur.com/TC5PfDh,j9Z4Zx4,vbPfPL5

The Excel-Refit looks pretty good with the Type 7 skin and Type 5 windows.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 17, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Preechr posted:

Gecko is such a staggeringly petulant manchild. This is literally the same poo poo Gazer pulled back in the day before he got sacked.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
A while ago they severely nerfed doffing xp.

They literally added doffing xp to this lockbox.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

SKY COQ posted:

That's a nice screenshot of the ugliest ship in the game.

Meh. It's in the wrong game/series. It looks like something out of Panzer Dragoon turned into metal.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

hakimashou posted:

A while ago they severely nerfed doffing xp.

They literally added doffing xp to this lockbox.
In fairness the nerfs were to XP/expertise gained from doffing, not to doffing XP.

But holy crap that BHE change. I think that single handedly proves that the nerfs to Advanced queues weren't actually done out of any sort of hope to make the game more accessible, but rather in the most hesitant and grudging manner possible. So it's not like any opinions have actually changed, and the game must be doing as bad as we all suspect if sperg king geko actually made changes at all.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Do the Cardassian Disruptors do more damage, or do the Coalition Disruptors do less?

Both of these are equipped on my ship while in space.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 17, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Each mod on a weapon adds to the base damage, as a Cryptic-style kludge to increase weapon damage with item quality. Spiral waves are unique in having more moss than their quality would suggest.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
As of about 30 minutes ago it's impossible for anyone to make or reply to posts in the sto General discussion forum.

Eta fixed now

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 17, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I made an "EC for spec points hurray" thread about the temporal doff things, and Bort felt he had to chime in to correct me that since the temporal doff things come from a lockbox, it's really Zen for spec points.

:psyduck:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ah, so he got rid of the 12 hour assignments so he could sell them in lockboxes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Tunicate posted:

Ah, so he got rid of the 12 hour assignments so he could sell them in lockboxes.

Literally. They removed spec XP from doffing so they could add it to a lockbox.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

hakimashou posted:

I made an "EC for spec points hurray" thread about the temporal doff things, and Bort felt he had to chime in to correct me that since the temporal doff things come from a lockbox, it's really Zen for spec points.

:ughh:

Okay yeah that's a bit different. gently caress this development team.

EDIT Also actually reading that thread, holy gently caress are the people still playing this game the most Stockholm Syndrome-ridden cocksuckers.

quote:

Just another option for players, and options in an MMO is a GOOD thing. I had three of them running and they crit and I don't know if it was all of them at once or just one cause I was clicking accept complete very quick (always do that) lol but the system read you have gained 100,000 XP and Spock came on congratulating me on my extra spec point :)

Asimo fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 17, 2015

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Is IQ Fleet hacking the server after their sockpuppets got outed in doffjobs, causing them to take their leaks page down in a huff? Trendy says no, but a more alarmist response would be, yes they are.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

hakimashou posted:

good marketing there bort

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

awww. no mrs t

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Is the summer event over, or broken?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

I love it.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Slight adjustment:

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Acer Pilot posted:

awww. no mrs t

All things are possible with a good screen cap.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Gonna try making a good drawing of butts. Will report back in a week or so.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Are any of these going to be added to the OP?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Thank you for including me

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

BombermanX posted:

Are any of these going to be added to the OP?

There's a page on the wiki for art crap they can go on.

Specifically here.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Aleth posted:

There's a page on the wiki for art crap they can go on.

Specifically here.

Updated the page with some material.

Edit: Added some stuff that was made when I wasn't banned yet.

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 18, 2015

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

These are great. Too bad I can't use mine in the forums without catching a ban, but it might be time to update rpdenied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
I am just now catching up to the latest updates, so this is probably a dead horse. Did they really just change the functionality of my warp core so that I would have to dump Dil into it to get its original functionality back?

• Locked thread