Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
I hope it's minion emoji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Chas McGill posted:

Will dwarfnet have emoticons?

It has these, instead of regular letters. Even for search and address bar.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Once everybody has a falling out with each other I hope somebody writes a book on why the game never came out.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
MASTERS OF HOOPZ

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
The Tales of Games website is down :(

I checked the Kickstarter page... last update was on March 11...

Last tweet from ToG was June 15, although there was a retweet of pillows 3 days ago!? This is the only post ToG has made in a month

This is still happening, right?

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
I can deal with not getting any game if you just get chef boyardee to dump all the game music for me to listen to while I play other games, that actually exist

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If this game doesn't come out cboyardee you gotta put the shrek is dreck video back up.

edit: somebody put it back up already i guess

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Time for a second Kickstarter, Hero-U style.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Truecon420 posted:

Last tweet from ToG was June 15, although there was a retweet of pillows 3 days ago!? This is the only post ToG has made in a month

If you believe hard enough, sure. It all depends on you though.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
Do you guys still have the funds to work on the game full time?

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

FunMerrania posted:

Do you guys still have the funds to work on the game full time?

well they still had funds back in March of last year. so the answer is no, they've surely run out of cash by now and the game is dead and also will never be released

speaking of releases, this was in the last ToG monthly

those were the days

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
How do you feel about animes, of a "giant" variety

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
My game company, Cargo Cult Games, will sell Blueprints on the UE4 marketplace to make money while we determine what masterpiece we should create. We're thinking a survival game with lovely graphics.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If there is a money issue I am willing to finance development if every third character in the game is replaced with me.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Seriously I'd probably put in another $20. Just say you're doing a documentary or something, whatever.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Are there actually money problems or are people just making wild guesses on why the game isn't finished yet?

Because my guess as to why it isn't finished yet is because it's an ambitious indie game, as those often take much longer to complete than initially estimate and also tend to take a long to complete just in general.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Modus Pwnens posted:

Seriously I'd probably put in another $20. Just say you're doing a documentary or something, whatever.

I'm a fool and down for this as well........

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Schwarzwald posted:

Are there actually money problems or are people just making wild guesses on why the game isn't finished yet?

Because my guess as to why it isn't finished yet is because it's an ambitious indie game, as those often take much longer to complete than initially estimate and also tend to take a long to complete just in general.
People are just clowning around.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Schwarzwald posted:

well it's getting close to 3 years since the kickstarter itself, and we're about 2 years past the initial release date. the latest update we heard is from March 2014 where they said they were moving some money around so they could ramp up to meet their 2014 release date

seems reasonable to expect that the money has dried up at this point, but i mean it's not like these guys are working on it full time. "running out of money" probably means something different for this type of project

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I mostly just want to be edutained and would appreciate "an update" from real Togsters.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Some info about what's currently going on would be appreciated. Even if the news is bad, the true togsfans will understand.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Truecon420 posted:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Chas McGill posted:

Some info about what's currently going on would be appreciated. Even if the news is bad, the true togsfans will understand.

Yeah it would be good to know whether or not I should cry myself to sleep at night.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Chas McGill posted:

Maybe they programmed the game so well it became a rogue AI and killed them all? Too bad the netcode is garbage though.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
There isn't all that much to report really. Nothing exciting at least.

Just churning away on this eternal game project. Spent the day removing errors from maps and fixing up inconsistencies.

It was almost as boring as actually playing the game.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i wanted a story of internal breakdown and financial ruin you dull rear end in a top hat

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SquadronROE posted:

Yeah it would be good to know whether or not I should cry myself to sleep at night.

Tears of joy.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i wanted a story of internal breakdown and financial ruin you dull rear end in a top hat

Our producer is traveling across the world in 80 days.

He has no money and hates us all.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Gortarius posted:

There isn't all that much to report really. Nothing exciting at least.

Just churning away on this eternal game project. Spent the day removing errors from maps and fixing up inconsistencies.

It was almost as boring as actually playing the game.

To bad you guys didn't have the cache to hire a documentary crew to film your production and edit it to look like a drama that will excite the fanboys into a froth.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

notZaar posted:

To bad you guys didn't have the cache to hire a documentary crew to film your production and edit it to look like a drama that will excite the fanboys into a froth.

We will film a super pretentious "making of" documentary after the fact.

It will be called ToGjam episode 2. It won't be full of drama, it will be full of poo poo.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Gortarius posted:

you could almost call him... a globetrotter

tell him that so he will hate you even more

zinglon's ale
Nov 29, 2004

uh oh

Gortarius posted:

I'd make a joke about your producer being Uwe Boll but he actually has money.

fake edit: and finished projects

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

zinglon's ale posted:

fake edit: and finished projects

counterpoint: barkley gaiden the first and swamp goblet

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
You guys need another kickstarter or some poo poo? Shenmue and bloodstained got some cash, so get in on that son

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
If you can demonstrate that you've actually been wokring on the game rather than spending all the money on pocky and vintage figurines of actraiser characters then you may get funded again.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Chas McGill posted:

If you can demonstrate that you've actually been wokring on the game rather than spending all the money on pocky and vintage figurines of actraiser characters then you may get funded again.
I have it on good authority that "programmers" was a typo and they hired progamers for the new tog competitive heroes of the storm team.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Modus Pwnens posted:

I would be willing to buy some $10,00 space gun's and sewer taxi's. I want to fight some punk newbs with space gun's. let my at them make it happen

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

When Bernie Sanders is elected president of the United States, he'll make Barkley 2 happen.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

When Bernie Sanders is elected president of the United States, he'll make Barkley 2 happen.

He is the main antagonist in Barkley 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
nothing earns the ire of the dev team quite like people trying to make barkley 2 happen