Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

If this doesn't get a NA release then video games are officially dead :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

gibbed posted:

More beta bosses:

The last one is a mean dragon that spits water. Didn't manage to kill it since it's level 20.

Also, large trees can be climbed, not sure they realized the implications of that:

We are never gonna get this game are we :smith:

Would love to play this game with friends even if I have to pay for a bunch of F2p poo poo.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Dexo posted:

We are never gonna get this game are we :smith:

Would love to play this game with friends even if I have to pay for a bunch of F2p poo poo.

:(

I'm going to move to Japan, they get all the good stuff

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Maybe Atlas will localize it to english?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
How griefable is the game?

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 14, 2015

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

preorder uncanceled

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

New Famitsu scans courtesy of AGB

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Roy is obviously the best area master.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Looking at VGchartz, How the heck did the original Dragon's Dogma only sell 370,000 units in North America? It's the perfect western RPG from Japan in years. In Japan it sold 720,000 units, no wonder they haven't brought it to PC or mentioned a North American release.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CountingWizard posted:

Looking at VGchartz, How the heck did the original Dragon's Dogma only sell 370,000 units in North America? It's the perfect western RPG from Japan in years. In Japan it sold 720,000 units, no wonder they haven't brought it to PC or mentioned a North American release.

how well did Dark Arisen do?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CountingWizard posted:

Isn't VGchartz information unreliable?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Apparently CBT2 will not require any signup, anyone who wants in will be able to play from PS3/PS4/PC. You will need a VPN for the initial launcher connection to get around the IP block.

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

What did you use for your PS4 gibbed?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

^^

If I had to guess a VPN on a router that the PS3/4 was connected to.

gibbed posted:

Apparently CBT2 will not require any signup, anyone who wants in will be able to play from PS3/PS4/PC. You will need a VPN for the initial launcher connection to get around the IP block.

Lets hypothetically pretend I wanted to do this. Where do I complete the account signup.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 15, 2015

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Dexo posted:

Lets hypothetically pretend I wanted to do this. Where do I complete the account signup.
You'll need to register an account here: http://www.capcom-onlinegames.jp/

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Genocyber posted:

Isn't VGchartz information unreliable?

In the sense that their information is based on literally nothing and is no more than a giant pile of lies, yes it's unreliable.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

When does CBT 2 start?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

There's a downloadable benchmark for DDO now:
https://members.dd-on.jp/info/detail/4/119

There's now a page about fees/pricing of stuff in DDO:
http://www.dd-on.jp/policy/purchase/

All platforms, download & basic play is free.
There won't be any in-game content or high-end gear locked to paying players.

Examples of stuff they'll put in the store:
  • XP boosts.
  • Storage expansion.
  • Appearance customization for Arisen/Pawn.
1 gold stone = 100 CAP (I think)
1 CAP = 1 yen

Going with that, using Google to convert exchange rates:
  • 15 gold stones = ~$12
  • 9 gold stones = ~$7
  • 6 gold stones = ~$5
  • 5 gold stones = ~$4
  • 4 gold stones = ~$3
  • 1 gold stone = ~$0.80
Gold stones can be used for:
  • Reviving arisen/pawn (1 gold stone).
  • Adventure passport (15 gold stones): lasts for 30 days. Reviving is free, enables storage boxes in other cities, warping is free. Increases quest limit, auction limit. Probably other bonuses I missed.
  • XP boost (4 gold stones), lasts for 3 hours.
  • Item boost (4 gold stones), lasts for 3 hours.
  • Grand mission point boost (6 gold stones), lasts for 6 hours.
  • Gachapon/lottery (3 gold stones, or 30 silver tickets). Gambling!
  • Hire a master crafting pawn (5 gold stones). Lasts for either 30 days or until you use up the crafts the pawn has. I'm assuming they have 10, like regular hired pawns. The page says something about the number of crafts depending on the mastery, so who knows.
  • Barbershop (5 gold stones?). I think it's 5 gold stones per thing changed.
  • Pawn voice (9 gold stones). Voice packs of popular voice actors.

Dexo posted:

When does CBT 2 start?
August 7th starting at 12PM to August 10th ending at 10AM (note, times in Japan).

Apparently you will receive rewards for getting to at least level 5 in CBT2 when the game goes live:
  • Adventure passport (3 days) × 1
  • XP boost (3 hours) × 1
  • Item boost (3 hours) × 1

Also, here's a cleaner screenshot of that water dragon thing I posted of earlier:

gibbed fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 16, 2015

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
So is the game pretty playable without knowing Japanese than? Is the UI and such close enough to the original game that someone coming off of that will generally know what they are doing?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Clever Spambot posted:

So is the game pretty playable without knowing Japanese than? Is the UI and such close enough to the original game that someone coming off of that will generally know what they are doing?
For the most part, I was able to play without knowing Japanese. There were two times that took me awhile before I figured out how to proceed: there's a quest early on that requires you to craft a Ring of Wind (or whatever it's really called) that I got stuck on. And later it took me awhile to figure out how to do the Pawn Rescue quest after my pawn died. There were plenty of quests I was unable to complete, but they were minor solo quests. A lot of the menus have the English name for it on the top, which makes things slightly easier.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Cool, thanks.

Also i cannot seem to find any gameplay of the Priest class, do you know if its all just buffs and heals or do they have some offense as well?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Clever Spambot posted:

Also i cannot seem to find any gameplay of the Priest class, do you know if its all just buffs and heals or do they have some offense as well?
They do have one offensive ability, something that shoots projectiles but I'm not too sure how that works since I haven't played a priest myself. The rest of it is heal and buff related, I believe.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

gibbed posted:

• XP boosts.
  • Storage expansion.
1 CAP = 1 yen

• 15 gold stones = ~$12
  • 9 gold stones = ~$7
  • 6 gold stones = ~$5
  • 5 gold stones = ~$4
  • 4 gold stones = ~$3
  • 1 gold stone = ~$0.80
  • Adventure passport (15 gold stones): lasts for 30 days. Reviving is free, enables storage boxes in other cities, warping is free. Increases quest limit, auction limit. Probably other bonuses I missed.
  • Hire a master crafting pawn (5 gold stones). Lasts for either 30 days or until you use up the crafts the pawn has. I'm assuming they have 10, like regular hired pawns. The page says something about the number of crafts depending on the mastery, so who knows.
August 7th starting at 12PM to August 10th ending at 10AM (note, times in Japan).

Apparently you will receive rewards for getting to at least level 5 in CBT2 when the game goes live:
  • XP boost (3 hours) × 1

Also, here's a cleaner screenshot of that water dragon thing I posted of earlier:

Sweet so it looks like the Adventure Passport is a psudo subscription.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

gibbed posted:

• XP boosts.
  • Storage expansion.
1 CAP = 1 yen

• 15 gold stones = ~$12
  • 9 gold stones = ~$7
  • 6 gold stones = ~$5
  • 5 gold stones = ~$4
  • 4 gold stones = ~$3
  • 1 gold stone = ~$0.80

• XP boost (3 hours) × 1

None of this seems wildly unreasonable, so long as there are ways to earn gold stones in-game.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

paco650 posted:

None of this seems wildly unreasonable, so long as there are ways to earn gold stones in-game.
No, they're the premium currency only.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I assume there are atleast some other ways of doing what gold stones do. In particular there is probably some rare item that revives but its also all like "Dont have a life gem? Click here to buy a revive for 1 gold stone!".

Hopefully the pay currency is tradeable so you can con pubbies out of it if you want a particular pink eyepatch or whatever cosmetic options there are.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

gibbed posted:

• XP boosts.
  • Storage expansion.
1 CAP = 1 yen

• 15 gold stones = ~$12
  • 9 gold stones = ~$7
  • 6 gold stones = ~$5
  • 5 gold stones = ~$4
  • 4 gold stones = ~$3
  • 1 gold stone = ~$0.80

• XP boost (3 hours) × 1

Ok, wtf.

So if you die, what happens? I'm starting to guesstimate this is the mabinogi approach where if you die out in the field or on a mission/dungeon that's it and you have to start from a town or the very beginning respectively, but if you paid money you can get revived instantly where you die? And why is reviving the pawn such a big deal now?

Item Boost, XP Boost, voices, gachapons, customization and even a premium service subscription? This stinks now. When did Capcom become Korean?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Lunethex posted:

So if you die, what happens? I'm starting to guesstimate this is the mabinogi approach where if you die out in the field or on a mission/dungeon that's it and you have to start from a town or the very beginning respectively, but if you paid money you can get revived instantly where you die? And why is reviving the pawn such a big deal now?
You get three free revives, which can be refilled daily. When you go down, you can either choose to respawn at the nearest town (which gives you a respawn debuff), use a free revive (if available), or use a gold stone to revive (which gives you a buff that you don't normally get with free revives).

I'm not sure exactly how the pawn thing happens, you can revive them normally. I think if you take too long to revive them, before they die completely (and you have to do the Pawn Rescue quest), you have the option to revive them with a gold stone.

Lunethex posted:

Item Boost, XP Boost, voices, gachapons, customization and even a premium service subscription? This stinks now. When did Capcom become Korean?
It's pretty bog standard stuff for a free to play MMO-esq game. The voice stuff is extra voice packs, there's a set of regular ones as usual.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

what kind of respawn debuff are we talking here...

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

what kind of respawn debuff are we talking here...
I'm not actually sure, I think it debuffed your armor/defense.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 17, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Probably similar to Rez sickness if you don't run back to your Body in Wow.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Thought this might be useful for you lucky fuckers in on the beta: the settings page, translated.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Freaking ENTS? Wanna climb all over those trees.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
The pawn reviving limit is going to be a headache (or it would be if I was ever going to get to play the game). Any encounter with a new big monster type and you'd probably burn three revivals in less than a minute.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what voice actors are for sale?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Supreme Allah posted:

The pawn reviving limit is going to be a headache (or it would be if I was ever going to get to play the game). Any encounter with a new big monster type and you'd probably burn three revivals in less than a minute.

Are you ready to get your wind pushed in
:getin:

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Jonesing for some dogma has made me question my choice to dump my PS3 for a PS4. I'd gladly pay full price for a dark arisen port. Hell, I'd brave all the f2p hooks and proxy bullshit if it weren't for all the moonspeak.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Welp, gave my Arisen's Bond to Aelinore but the game has decided that Julien is my beloved for some reason. gently caress you, Dragon's Dogma.

Killing the poo poo out of Julien is my number one priority in NG+.

...! fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jul 26, 2015

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

...! posted:

Welp, gave my Arisen's Bond to Aelinore but the game has decided that Julien is my beloved for some reason. gently caress you, Dragon's Dogma.

Same but Pike and Madeleine, respectively. That's okay, I guess I can button through a dozen text boxes to buy some enchanted daggers from her :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm trying for Mercedes but when it comes time to face the dragon I've got a sneaking suspicion it'll be Madeleine. Hey, as long as it isn't Selene. I don't really try to game the affinity system (it's so opaque I'm not sure it even can be gamed) but I don't want to be shacking up with a child.

• Locked thread