Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

spacejung posted:

Does that mean I can pick now?

I think it's a typo - should be 11:53pm EST. Andio made his pick around 8am EST and Oldskool will have 12 hours from that in the very least. But I think Alucard has been going the extra mile to email owners when it's their turn, and starting the clock then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Forever_Peace posted:

I think it's a typo - should be 11:53pm EST. Andio made his pick around 8am EST and Oldskool will have 12 hours from that in the very least. But I think Alucard has been going the extra mile to email owners when it's their turn, and starting the clock then?

Previous years started the clock when emailed, I believe.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
Is anyone really surprised I took Winston? Need a QB in the next year or so, probably now but he'll suck this year, and I'm a Bucs fan.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Andio posted:

Is anyone really surprised I took Winston? Need a QB in the next year or so, probably now but he'll suck this year, and I'm a Bucs fan.

I wasn't. I would actually have been surprised if you didn't.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I should have worked on trading this pick, d'oh. Guess I'll go BPA.

QB Marcus Mariota

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

oldskool posted:

I should have worked on trading this pick, d'oh. Guess I'll go BPA.

QB Marcus Mariota

e-mail me if you do indeed want to move him ^^

Brownies are Rebuilding selects RB Ameer Abdullah with pick 1.06.

Andio
May 10, 2004

jabro posted:

I wasn't. I would actually have been surprised if you didn't.

I'm glad I'm that predictable. Especially with future superstars.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I got the email to oldskool right but hosed up the post. Looks like things worked out okay anyway. I'll update the draft order in a minute when I get home to reflect the most recent trade and send out the next email / counter start soon.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 16, 2015

JTinsdale
Jul 1, 2014
Ok so I'm up next at 1.07?

Flint Tropics cannot believe the previous selections and sprint to the podium to select KEVIN WHITE, WR, Chicago Bears!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Forever_Peace, you are on the clock until 6:35 AM EST.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Sweet.

Also I have sent you a trade offer because I have no off button pls halp you are a dear friend and I didn't want you to feel left out.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I replied.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

:frogsiren: I'm sure this will take everybody completely by surprise but we have another trade :frogsiren:

I like this one - it's very fancy. Because Alucard bargains like a god-damned fiend.

Soulful Power Ballads gives:
2015 Rookie 2.4, 2016 FA 5th, 2017 FA 4th, Cody Latimer

Cardiac Cats gives:
2015 Rookie 1.11, 2015 Rookie 3.11

and also......

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

With pick 1.8, the Soulful Power Ballads draft:

Breshad "The Forehead" Perriman, WR - Bal

Goff Boyz up next

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 17, 2015

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
Trade looks fine to me.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm involved in the trade and confirm it's proposed/accepted by both parties - Andio will have to weigh in to make it official.

Backno, you are on the clock until 10:37AM EST.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 17, 2015

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
:siren: Tevin Coleman, RB, Falcons :siren:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Ninek11 is on the clock until 11:26 am est

Andio
May 10, 2004

Alucard posted:

I'm involved in the trade and confirm it's proposed/accepted by both parties - Andio will have to weigh in to make it official.

Backno, you are on the clock until 10:37AM EST.

All good.

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011

Alucard posted:

Ninek11 is on the clock until 11:26 am est

And I shall gratefully take Amari Cooper, WR.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ninek11 posted:

He was the first pick.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Ninek11 posted:

I think the current owner may object. =)

Third post of page 1 has the pick list so far.

edit: just sent an email too

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 17, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Sorry bud. I tried to reach you!

With pick 1.11, The Soulful Power Ballads select TJ Yeldon, RB - JAX

Pertinent rules:

quote:

Draft clock is 12 hours after being notified of your pick being up ("on the clock" time will be noted on the thread as well). You can pick any time after the last pick has been made, but your 12 hour window starts when you are notified. if you miss this window:

Your pick is not lost - you still have the opportunity to pick the player you want, however,
Your pick can be poached - If the next person in the draft makes a selection before you, their selection takes precedence over yours

Beer is on the clock.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Why DeVante Parker, WR - MIA is still on the board is beyond me, but I will loving take him in a heartbeat.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
You'll have to edit that choice beer- commissioners received an email about an extended absence from ninek, and Parker was top on his prioritized list of available choices. He was dumb to forget that Cooper was already taken, but he did have a list for us to (ab)use in his absence.

Yeldon is still okay. Beer is on the clock until 11:43 pm est

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alucard posted:

You'll have to edit that choice beer- commissioners received an email about an extended absence from ninek, and Parker was top on his prioritized list of available choices. He was dumb to forget that Cooper was already taken, but he did have a list for us to (ab)use in his absence.

Yeldon is still okay. Beer is on the clock until 11:43 pm est

Bullshit. That wasn't announced, and if he was dumb enough to forget that Cooper was gone the rest of us shouldn't be penalized for his stupidity. If that was going to happen it should have been announced before I was put on the clock.

Nelson Agholor - WR - PHI then.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Did a commissioner put you on the clock? An email will be sent with when the clock starts officially.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Why again are we using this thread and not MFL's draft board? It's not exactly difficult to set up a rookie draft.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If he has a list for the commissioners to use for his picks why is he even picking anyways? When was this list given? This wasn't announced beforehand so I think the list should go in effect now and not retroactively since beer did his pick within the guidelines of the draft. Nine shouldn't be able to pick himself then get an out from some list when he takes someone already gone. Give him his next guy and move on.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Alucard posted:

Did a commissioner put you on the clock? An email will be sent with when the clock starts officially.

I think that was my bad. Rereading the rules I think I confused "up" with "on the clock" (I'm not used to leagues where the "clock" doesn't start when the previous pick is made, but you can still make a pick before the clock starts).

So if I understand correctly, it would have been Beer's pick if Ninek had missed his window and I had already gone, but his time wouldn't start until you notify him?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Allright, here's the deal for me.

I'm not particularly happy that this happened, for obvious reasons. I'm not going to argue beyond saying that this is fairly ridiculous and I don't think it's appropriate, but I can understand the bind the commissioners are in. From my perspective there was no notice given that ninek was auto-drafting, there are no rules whatsoever given regarding extended absences or what that does to the draft, and more importantly there are absolutely no rules regarding what happens with extended absences when a player fucks up his pick.

So I am requesting two things, and then I will drop this:

1. I am requesting a vote from the Commissioners that they correct this, issue me Davante Parker, and provide ninek with whoever his pick is after him.

2. I am requesting that we never use the forums to draft again and instead next year use the MFL system, which is automatic and when things gently caress up the only person who can be blamed is the player.

From my perspective the commissioner in this case is acting as the drafting player. That Alucard wasn't quick enough to correct ninek's mistake doesn't absolve ninek from making the mistake in the first place.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 17, 2015

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

As long as ninek got his list to the commissioners before beer posted his pick (which it sounds like he did) I think that would count as ninek's substitute selection being made at that point.

Either way, I agree with beer that moving to an automated draft pulling off everyone's ranked board vs timed posting & manually keeping track is probably a good idea moving forward.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

We can just give Parker to me and move on. I don't have any picks left so that sounds swell to me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

jabro posted:

We can just give Parker to me and move on. I don't have any picks left so that sounds swell to me.

This seems like a fair compromise, and an appropriate reward for jabro's actions.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Just made room for him.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Offer to cut DeVante in half and give some of him to each of them!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

spacejung posted:

Offer to cut DaVante in half and give some of him to each of them!

Similar option: use Orokos.com to flip a pre-registered uncheatable digital coin (I already have an account because I am a nerd). :v:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Similar option: use Orokos.com to flip a pre-registered uncheatable digital coin (I already have an account because I am a nerd). :v:

Nah man it's supposed to reveal which one is his real mother and cares about him

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

spacejung posted:

Nah man it's supposed to reveal which one is his real mother and cares about him

Naw man god has no interest in this dispute. I am 100% certain he only cares about lifting my personal fantasy football team to victory.

Soulful Power Ballads shall ring forth from the heavens, and rule this land by divine right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

2. I am requesting that we never use the forums to draft again and instead next year use the MFL system, which is automatic and when things gently caress up the only person who can be blamed is the player.

My understanding is that mfl allows one draft per league. We have a rookie and free agent draft. We'd explored that option earlier but if they've built out the capacity since then, we can re-explore.

Apologies for not being super active in this conversation, I literally cannot access the forums during most of the day and try to update as is reasonably possible. If you wish, as a group of commissioners or owners, to overrule this by majority - feel free. I can provide evidence but the short version is that there was a clearly articulated plan for selection prior to the deadline, and I acted on that. I would do the exact same for anyone else if posting a decision on the forums was not an option.

• Locked thread