Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xoidanor posted:

TCGs by their very nature are lovely f2p games.

As far as I know TCGs by their very nature are lovely games, that you play, but are most definitely the exact opposite of free. In fact, they get really loving expensive.

Thank god for YGOpro and Devpro and all the sims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
*ctrl+f*
"Burning Abyss 0 of 0"

good list, 10/10, ty based konami

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Burning Abyss this format given to you in video form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK6UaPnRYcc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaNnPmdN-tA

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Ctrl+F "Agnus" 0/0. I'm disappointed.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

As far as I know TCGs by their very nature are lovely games, that you play, but are most definitely the exact opposite of free. In fact, they get really loving expensive.

You just described the average F2P game.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Thank god for YGOpro and Devpro and all the sims.

Amen

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only TCG I play is Yugioh and that's because I have a personal attachment to the game and made some of the friends I have now that way. It helps that I also really just enjoy the actual game more than most card games though which I get sick of very quickly because they are not Devil May Cry or a fighting game.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dragunities have Ravine again :greenangel:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So with one of the most powerful cards coming off the banlist lets have an introduction for new players to Trishula

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can activate this effect to remove from play up to one card each from your opponent's hand, field and Graveyard. (The card in the hand is chosen at random.)

Trish's summoning condition may sound difficult, but trust us when we tell you that any synchro focused deck can make this happen with no trouble. Trishula's main strength however is not his massive body (Though 2700 is nothing to scoff at), no his main strength is his absurd ability and his generic splashability. I mean Trish may be a -2 on board to count for 1 tuner and 2 monsters. However in turn he -3's the opponent for a net +1 gain. The graveyard may not seem like much but the grave matters a lot in yugioh. On its own, Trish is a powerful beater who -3s the opponent, in a dedicated Trishula deck however, we must introduce you to a very gimmicky card.

Target 1 Synchro Monster on the field; return that target to the Extra Deck, then, if all of the monsters that were used for the Synchro Summon of that monster are in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon all of them.

De-Synchro returns Trish to the extra deck and his material to the field. But why bother? Because Trish gets his effect against when you Synchro again. So now you've turned your +1 advantage into +3 (-1 for Desynchro)

Trish is valuable in a lot of loops. And explotiing his ability isn't hard at all.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 17, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You know, if you're going to reference a card's text, you might want to timg them instead of showing extremely small, unreadable images. Like I had to seriously strain my eyes to see Trish's summoning requirements there, and just searched it on YGOwiki to read its effect.

Also that was an insane combo. I'm not sure if I'm glad Trishula is back. On the one hand, the Nekroz got weakened so at least its Nekroz form (which I've learned to hate alongside the entire archetype) won't be as prevalent but...that just means that the Synchro version will be instead.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blaze Dragon posted:

You know, if you're going to reference a card's text, you might want to timg them instead of showing extremely small, unreadable images. Like I had to seriously strain my eyes to see Trish's summoning requirements there, and just searched it on YGOwiki to read its effect.

Also that was an insane combo. I'm not sure if I'm glad Trishula is back. On the one hand, the Nekroz got weakened so at least its Nekroz form (which I've learned to hate alongside the entire archetype) won't be as prevalent but...that just means that the Synchro version will be instead.

Sorry, I'm used to my huge monitor, I'll adjust that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So how delusional I am by thinking this will stop the Tristula retrains?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

So did they errata Trish or ban desyncro?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Cabinet posted:

So did they errata Trish or ban desyncro?

Neither. Trish is at one. Because now the current meta is so strong that Trish is not as strong to deserve a ban. I mean he has no protection, almost every boss monster has something to defend it.

Of course all it takes is someone finding the way to loop Trish 5 times on turn 1 to mill the opponents hand to 0, and we're done.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Onmi posted:

Neither. Trish is at one. Because now the current meta is so strong that Trish is not as strong to deserve a ban. I mean he has no protection, almost every boss monster has something to defend it.

Of course all it takes is someone finding the way to loop Trish 5 times on turn 1 to mill the opponents hand to 0, and we're done.

Yugioh!!!

Apart from the Trish, I'm kinda happy with this banlist. I love that Ravine is back. Proves that E-Dragons are 100% dead though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Cabinet posted:

Yugioh!!!

Apart from the Trish, I'm kinda happy with this banlist. I love that Ravine is back. Proves that E-Dragons are 100% dead though.

I really wanted Stratos back, but that might push Heroes too far with the coming meta.

By the way

quote:

The Forerunner is well known throughout the galaxy for its remarkable combination of heavy weaponry, faster-than-light travel capability, and its ability to act as a launch point for smaller craft. Whether playing host to trade talks or transporting VIPs safely, comfortably, and under the radar, no ship does it better than the Forerunner.

Kozmo Forerunner (Millenium Falcon)
LIGHT Machine-type / Effect
Level 7 2800 ATK / 1400 DEF
Cannot be targeted by an opponent’s card effects. During your Standby Phase: Gain 1000 LP. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower “Kozmo” monster from your Deck.

quote:

In orbit, high above the desert planet, a proud warrior eludes the forces of wickedness…

Kozmo Goodwitch (Glinda)
Level 4 LIGHT Psychic-Type Effect Monster
ATK 1800
DEF 1000
During either player’s turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher “Kozmo” monster from your hand. You can only use this effect of “Kozmo Goodwitch” once per turn. You can pay 500 LP, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change it to face-down Defense Position.

quote:

Born beneath the twin suns, Topeka and Wichita, a humble farmgirl makes her living in the field of hydroponics, though she secretly longs for adventure…

Her mechanical skills are unmatched. Not only did she build her own robotic companion, she also repaired and refitted a downed fighter from the southern country, creating her own custom craft, the Sliprider.

The Sliprider is capable of operating both in space and in planetary atmospheres. It’s targeting precision is topnotch, though it lacks the faster-than-light travel capability needed to travel between solar systems.

Kozmo Farmgirl (Dorothy)

Level 3 LIGHT Psychic-Type Effect Monster
ATK 1500
DEF 1000
During either player’s turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or higher “Kozmo” monster from your hand. You can only use this effect of “Kozmo Farmgirl” once per turn. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can pay 500 LP; add 1 “Kozmo” card from your Deck to your hand.

Kozmo Sliprider (X-Wing)

Kozmo Sliprider
Level 5 LIGHT Machine-Type Effect Monster
ATK 2300
DEF 800
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Kozmo” monster from your Deck

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7305

So yes, this entire Archetype is Wizard of Oz meets Star Wars

http://ygorganization.com/thesearentthehitsyourelookingfor/

This article here might help explain some of the banlist changes to people

Onmi fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 17, 2015

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't trish work the same way as Nekroz of Trish?

So like, BA decks (and really anything else that can dump its hand) can just float on one card or zero unless you do something like EoT eclipse them.

Pack your effect veilers I guess :laffo:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 17, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Zoness posted:

Doesn't trish work the same way as Nekroz of Trish?

So like, BA decks can just float on one card or zero unless you do something like EoT eclipse them.

Pack your effect veilers I guess :laffo:.

Yeah, Nekroz of Trish was the only legal way to use Trish. But there's a key difference. Nekroz is a OPT effect.

EDIT: That doesn't even help! Since it's just "Okay, Desynchro, Synchro again, eat it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Onmi posted:

I really wanted Stratos back, but that might push Heroes too far with the coming meta.

I still say Stratos won't help Heroes.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Actually, Nekroz trish is more restrictive than trish. Nekroz needs to banish 3, synchro can choose to banish 1, 2, or 3. No field? Trish their hand and grave, ditto for no hand or no grave.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Synchro Trish reads as if you can banish up to 1 card from each, doesn't matter how many are in each. Nekroz Trish is restricted by needing one card in every place and that's the main reason why that card is nowhere near as scary as OG Trish.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Let's play the "synchro trish five times turn one" game!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Lisandra_brave posted:

Let's play the "synchro trish five times turn one" game!

Has that happened to you?

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I'm trying to figure out how to do it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lisandra_brave posted:

I'm trying to figure out how to do it.

What's the plan for activation number 5? Constellar Ptolemy?

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Ptol is for XYZ. Maybe zephy, since he bounces poo poo back to SS himself from grave.

e: hurr, M7, not ptolmaeus. I've never heard him called anything other than M7.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Whatever nobody tells me what people call cards :(

Synchrons can hit trish quickly while drawing like crazy off hyper librarian but at that point you basically can hit quasar anyway so v:shobon:v. Trish still seems like a nice card to just play in the list either way tho. Plus it can be used as an intermediary on the way to quasar.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 18, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Zoness posted:

Whatever nobody tells me what people call cards :(

Synchrons can hit trish quickly while drawing like crazy off hyper librarian but at that point you basically can hit quasar anyway so v:shobon:v. Trish still seems like a nice card to just play in the list either way tho. Plus it can be used as an intermediary on the way to quasar.

Why go into Quasar when you can go into Trish 5 times and THEN quasar. "I sure hope your next card can both deal with a quasar and avoid negation."

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Even Marshmalon fails that test. Spirit Reaper and other immune to battle destruction monsters that don't have a effect that trigger should be okay, but if you get that, then that's a hell of a lucky top deck.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Even resolving trish twice is nice. Opponent set 2, and I opened two e-tele, a tuner, and de-synchro.
I really wish psychics were better. Waiting for more PSYframe spoilers is suffering.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So we've got a reprint for High Speed Riders

It's Scar Red Nova Dragon!

So for those not on the up and up

2 Tuners + "Red Dragon Archfiend"
This card gains 500 ATK for each Tuner monster in your Graveyard. Cannot be destroyed by an opponent's card effects. When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can target the attacking monster; banish this card, and if you do, negate that attack. During the next End Phase: Special Summon this card banished by this effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXuK4S-dfaQ

Always a wonderful watch...

Onmi fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jul 19, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

On that topic, has anyone understood if we're seeing Scar Red in the anime again eventually? Belial is basically tailormade to summon him. Or is it a manga thing?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Hot_Red_Dragon_Archfiend_Belial

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I believe all the Hot RDA are manga things, but of course Jack's going to use scar right again, it's even in the OP. Scar Right is probably his Arc-V ace.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Ugh why did they have to make jack show up? There were at least like 5+ other character in 5d's who were cooler including the cop who was also the bully in the first series

Also what decks have synchro space for red dragon archfiend synchros @_@.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 20, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Zoness posted:

Ugh why did they have to make jack show up? There were at least like 5+ other character in 5d's who were cooler including the cop who was also the bully in the first series

Are you daring to talk poorly about the KING OF DUELISTS WHO IS 5 STEPS AHEAD JACK ATLUS ?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-V17oV5-bE

Also decks that are playing SW cards.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

At least Crow didn't show up again.
OH WAIT.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

Are you daring to talk poorly about the KING OF DUELISTS WHO IS 5 STEPS AHEAD JACK ATLUS ?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-V17oV5-bE

Also decks that are playing SW cards.

The only people worse than jack are people losing to jack :(

But seriously bullycop is like the best dude.

Also they should have just nuked 5ds and made duel terminal story bullshit an anime

Also on topic I've been jamming synchrons and there is a nonzero amount of time trish as an option is useful but i don't think the deck is good even with that since it's not like the consistency and being soft to like every lock issues are solved.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 20, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Zoness posted:

The only people worse than jack are people losing to jack :(

But seriously bullycop is like the best dude.

Also they should have just nuked 5ds and made duel terminal story bullshit an anime

Also on topic I've been jamming synchrons and there is a nonzero amount of time trish as an option is useful but i don't think the deck is good even with that since it's not like the consistency and being soft to like every lock issues are solved.

Ushio is an amazing character, especially early on to the sheer lengths he will go to so he can capture Yusei, up to and including racing around a building on his motorcycle and continuing the duel while falling down an elevator shaft. But Ushio isn't a good "Final Boss" for Yuya in the Synchro Dimension, while Jack is.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zoness posted:

Red Dragon Archfiend decks? :confused:

Since the new cards are building on the wonky but strong foundation of the old demons and resonator cards I can see it being tier 2 by the next pack. Scar-right and Wyvern are both ridiculous monsters. Also, Jack owns and Ushio lives on by every security cop playing a continuation of his chaser-deck. :colbert:

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I'd wait on seeing the rest of the HSR support before making claims that it's t2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'll make it happen regardless. :colbert:

• Locked thread