Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Megaspel posted:

Not really, all the improv bits are self contained, small sketches. If they wanted they could have written bits rather than improved it up.

Nah, he means the actual line, which was something like "Boy, these commercials sure have a loose, improvisational feel."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
If any of you have Periscope (phone app, twitter video), Justin Roiland was posting videos from comic con, drunk in his hotel, waiting in lines and so on. I don't know if he posts anymore after comic con, but he is pretty funny and he breaks into Rick and Morty randomly.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Tempo 119 posted:

I was amazed to hear on the commentary that the "improvisational tone" line was a late addition. The whole episode hinges on it, surely.

It's not the funniest joke in the episode but my god does it tie the whole thing together.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
They even mention in the DVD commentary that it's a critical line because it "invites the viewer in" Harmon loved it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Ball Fondlers VR game in the works.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Umm except ball fondlers had nothing to do with ball fondling gtfo faker

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alan Smithee posted:

you dont know what goes on in that helicopter we only ever see them getting OUT of the helicopter

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Every moment a character is off screen is an opportunity for ball fondling. With multiple universes it's guaranteed to be happening. That is truly the genius of this show, they've given themselves this great framework for unlimited ball fondling action at any time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Meanwhile: "Morty....you gotta fondle my balls"

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Someone didn't watch the unaired pilot.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

Alan Smithee posted:

Meanwhile: "Morty....you gotta fondle my balls"

Apparently the ball licking versions of Rick and Morty were in some backgrounds, but Roiland cut them out.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Megaspel posted:

Apparently the ball licking versions of Rick and Morty were in some backgrounds, but Roiland cut them out.

I was actually shocked they didn't appear in the citadel of ricks.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Funkmaster General posted:

I was actually shocked they didn't appear in the citadel of ricks.

But that wouldn't make sense; they're The Doc and Marty, two completely different characters.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

CeallaSo posted:

But that wouldn't make sense; they're The Doc and Marty, two completely different characters.

nah theyre just Rick and Morty 30% Cronenbergs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CeallaSo posted:

*Mharti

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

*Mharti

Mharti is exactly how Fart would have pronounced it :(

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

AzureSkys posted:

I'm one of those who just discovered and binged through this and absolutely loved it. It kills me that this only got 10 episodes and is brilliant, but other shows out there that seem like trash get 2 or 3 times the episodes. Even the intro music feels perfect. It had moments where I was annoyed a bit, but I don't know a show that doesn't. It made up for it with great moments and got some deep thoughts across amazingly well, kind of like Adventure Time does, in amongst the silliness.

I've really enjoyed this, Adventure Time, Metalocalypse, Futurama, Simpsons (I know... still watch it, though and that guest gag is what got me to finally watch R&M), and Bojack Horseman. I've not cared for South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, Bob's Burgers and a few others. So, is there something to recommend to go through in a similar vane?

I did start the first episode of Gravity Falls, wasn't too in to it, but haven't got back to it yet. I'll try to give it a shot, though.

Hello! Moral Orel, life and times of Tim. Bye!

Edit: Andy Daly!

Party In My Diapee fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 17, 2015

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
This is super loving minor but it bugs me when this series devolves into Family Guy style jokes. Only two of them stand out, the Native American at the end of season 2 ep 1 and the Cape Fear scene at the end of the Titanic episode. They just seem so lazy and bad compared to everything else in the shows.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yodzilla posted:

This is super loving minor but it bugs me when this series devolves into Family Guy style jokes. Only two of them stand out, the Native American at the end of season 2 ep 1 and the Cape Fear scene at the end of the Titanic episode. They just seem so lazy and bad compared to everything else in the shows.

I think the joke would have worked better if the deer did the nod and not the indian. No redeeming the cape fear joke though that was a ripoff of a family guy style joke ripping off a simpsons joke.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Back To 99 posted:

Hello! Moral Orel, life and times of Tim. Bye!

Edit: Andy Daly!

Speaking of which, Dino Stamatopoulos just tweeted a video to the episode that killed the show.
https://twitter.com/DinosThirdTwitt/status/622065004926205952
https://t.co/9vAFyRRfU4

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Megaspel posted:

Speaking of which, Dino Stamatopoulos just tweeted a video to the episode that killed the show.

Holy poo poo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
^^^^ lol

Megaspel posted:

Holy poo poo.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Megaspel posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dino, you can't! Not you! You can't you can't you can't you can't. No. You can't hate that episode. Not like everyone, not you.

Still one of the best episodes of television ever, gently caress the haters.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I, uh, don't think he hates it.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I don't understand at all. I just walked in here and refuse to scroll up to get context. Dino killed his own show by pirating it on twitteR?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think he killed it by having a teddy bear rape a woman.

I've never watched Morel Orel. I've heard it is good but is it this good?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Waltzing Along posted:

I hear nothing but good, hosed up things, but I cannot watch it. I just hate stop-motion/claymation unless it is from the Wallace and Gromit guys. Cannot get into it:(

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Waltzing Along posted:

It's a slow burn. It starts out extremely different from how it finishes. It starts off like some christian programming taken to its logical extreme. It ends up dark and soulful.
No if you start here and go back the tone whiplash is going to be insane. If you stick through it I would say it's worth it.

This is like the third last episode.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Krinkle posted:

It's a slow burn. It starts out extremely different from how it finishes. It starts off like some christian programming taken to its logical extreme. It ends up dark and soulful.
No if you start here and go back the tone whiplash is going to be insane. If you stick through it I would say it's worth it.

This is like the third last episode.

Yeah basically this. The early episodes are kind of just a parody of Davey and Goliath, Father Knows Best, Leave it to Beaver style mid-90s Christian/Family values style shows. The tone started getting progressively darker through the first couple seasons as it showed how hosed up everyone was under the Happy Christian Community facade. The 2nd season finale was particularly dark and depressing compared to everything before it. The Adult Swim higher ups loved the s2 finale and told Dino to go ahead and just go as dark and hosed up as he can get with the next season. The episode linked in Dino's twitter post was apparently the one that got AS's staff to go back on that idea, say it was just "too depressing," and stopped production, forcing Dino to cut out I think about 1/3rd of the planned season to give it some sort of ending.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I just remembered Mr. Boobie Buyer and it made me smile.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
And here I thought it was the episode that had rough dildo usage and a sadistic gynecologist.

I dunno man, you can't be bitter about pushing the envelope like that and having people flinch.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Moral Orel is some of the starkest, darkest poo poo I've ever seen on TV and I'm sad it's all over.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Moral orel is why I know who the mountain goats are and are impressed the main guy follows my friend on twitter.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MariusLecter posted:

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

Yes, Sunday August 9th.

20 days to go.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Waltzing Along posted:

Yes, Sunday August 9th.

20 days to go.

I've let my eyes glaze over a bit to avoid spoilers and never downloaded the first two eps.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

...and saturday

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

What's the stream schedule gonna be like for the AS site?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Rassle posted:

...and saturday

be therrrrEEEErrrrrEEEErrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Babe Magnet posted:

be therrrrEEEErrrrrEEEErrrr