Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

seravid posted:

Speaking of comics, are there any good ones with the Batfamily working together (not just special guests for one issue or whatever) ? I remember someone said something about "Batman: Accomplished Father" a million pages ago and that seems like it could be an interesting take on the character compared to the (admittedly few) comics I read as a kid starring Lone Wolf Batman and the occasional, mostly unwanted/unappreciated appearance of Robin.

You might like Hush depending on how much you like Catwoman as part of the family.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Chuck Dixon wrote really solid Bat-family stories. Batgirl Year One and Robin Year One are top tier level, easily worthy of the moniker.

I'm a huge fan of his nightwing run too - where Dixon gave him a good supporting cast and great rogue's gallery.

What is it about a Year One that lends itself to good Batman stories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Welp, I just took down Deathstroke as the last bit of content outside of riddler.

That fight is such a hilarious gently caress you to the entire fanbase. Even giving Deathstroke the AI of a martial artist from Origins in a hand to hand fight would have been better than what we got. man oh man, I don't even know.

That couldn't possibly have ever been the ideal plan for a showdown.

---

Also, on the ps4 I'm disappointed with how much texture pop buildings and roads have, particularly in Otisburg. That whole area is kinda rendered chunky when I'm constantly watching billboards and the sides of buildings crackle into view.

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jul 17, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Well gmg just gave me a refund as well as some chat about being sorry yadda yadda and that when it comes back they'll probably have another steep discount for me.

So they're talking like they expect you to buy it again. Dunno if that means they'll eventually be able to take it out of your steam library or if they're just trying to downplay that they can't (perhaps Steam are like "lol gently caress off"?).

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Out of frustration I reinstalled Batman: Arkham City and had a blast playing some of the few remaining Riddler challenge maps and campaigns I've still not done yet.

I guess maybe I will finally 100% it.

Arkham City is probably the strongest game in the series when it comes just the sheer amount of content (with all the DLC) -- just because of those challenge maps.

Kin posted:

Well gmg just gave me a refund as well as some chat about being sorry yadda yadda and that when it comes back they'll probably have another steep discount for me.

So they're talking like they expect you to buy it again. Dunno if that means they'll eventually be able to take it out of your steam library or if they're just trying to downplay that they can't (perhaps Steam are like "lol gently caress off"?).

Nice one. Please update us on this.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Those dead bodies hanging about really started cracking me up after awhile:

:scans:
two extra pinky toes!
3,245 possibilities :raise:
and a wedding ring impacted in the butt!
492 possibilities :raise: :raise:

The sheer number of people with multiple and similar hosed up id marks was bizarre.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Alfred having another dull night in the Batcave updating the gigantic database of Gotham citizen's bizarre injuries.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Looks like WB finally pulled the season pass off Steam. I think this was the lesson I needed to swear off Season Passes for good. First Destiny, then this. Lesson learned, gaming industry! I'll just buy poo poo piecemeal in the future.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I learned my lesson with Season passes when I bought my first one for Shadow of Mordor. Game was so fun I thought it would be worth it, but by the time the content was released, it was long uninstalled, never to be touched again.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There was a guy earlier saying he didn't like Shadow of Mordor and I want to say I agree with him. I found it very repetitive.

Welp bye.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

redbackground posted:

two extra pinky toes!

The sheer number of people with multiple and similar hosed up id marks was bizarre.

There's one where Batman scans in a tattoo or something that identifies him as a gang with like 6 members in it, and the number is still in the thousands.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Crappy Jack posted:

There's one where Batman scans in a tattoo or something that identifies him as a gang with like 6 members in it, and the number is still in the thousands.

Just because it's CALLED the Bludhaven Six doesn't mean they were only six of them!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

oldpainless posted:

There was a guy earlier saying he didn't like Shadow of Mordor and I want to say I agree with him. I found it very repetitive.

Welp bye.

I'm with you. I played all the way through the story mode for completion's sake, but about halfway through it got boring doing the same stuff over and over again. And I really don't see what's so amazing about the much-vaunted Nemesis System.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Kin posted:

I thought you were the one that said you had no problems and that the game was running at 60fps for you and all that jazz?

Did something change or are people claiming refunds because the DLC will be delayed for them?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

DarthBlingBling posted:

I thought you were the one that said you had no problems and that the game was running at 60fps for you and all that jazz?

Did something change or are people claiming refunds because the DLC will be delayed for them?

Game ran 90% fine, but I paid for dlc which now has no eta. Bonus points if gmg can't disable it from my steam account because gently caress their shady refund circumvention.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

redbackground posted:

two extra pinky toes!

I'm glad this bothered someone else.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Jurgan posted:

And I really don't see what's so amazing about the much-vaunted Nemesis System.
What's it like to have no imagination at all?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm glad this bothered someone else.
My favorite was when the person had a giant birthmark across their chest which Batman noted as "very distinctive." and it lowered it to like 400 possible matches. Alright then.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
This is pretty cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ67B4wk3Lo

and this happens if you change your date to Oct. 31:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfDRazIVwSU
(kind of spoilery?)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 17, 2015

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Jurgan posted:

I'm with you. I played all the way through the story mode for completion's sake, but about halfway through it got boring doing the same stuff over and over again. And I really don't see what's so amazing about the much-vaunted Nemesis System.

Orc killin' is sacred work, and for me it never got old. But the Nemesis System did have a critical flaw, and that was you had to die once in a while or it never really "kicked in", as far as developing a particular orc as a nemesis (it doesn't help if you behead everyone, since that's the one thing an orc can't come back from).

The system had other effects other than that one orc, though. If you died to a random orc, they would get a name and a personality. They'll remember you and how you died. Defeat them and if they come back, they'll remember that, too.

One orc captain didn't even kill me, but was good at running away. He made fun of me for bringing a giant cat to kill him, which he killed in seconds, then made fun of me for not having it the next time we fought. And I almost had him, too, except another captain I had fought before decided to interrupt and set his boys on me, allowing rear end in a top hat Orc #1 to slip away yet again. I ended up branding another captain and ordering them to murder AO #1, but he failed and was set to be executed. Big mistake. I busted into that execution and immediately did a chain of sweet headshots and killed all of AO's orcs, then attempted a teleport kill. When he parried, I set off an series of combat finishers causing him to stagger away and say "This Tark... is INHUMAN!" Then I beheaded the son of a bitch.

What I am saying is the nemesis system was pretty robust, and I think it could sort of work for Batman, turning it into a super-villain origin simulator would be rad as hell. Imagine what sort of drugged up pile of broken meat you'd end up with after Batman dislocates every bone in their body in the course of a night :allears:

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Okay, so the only thing I've got left is the riddles and the militia bullshit. Do the riddles solved carry over to new game+?

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Ending thoughts that just occurred to me and that everyone else will definitely think are dumb:

Batman says the Joker virus is a mutated form of Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease, one of the most horrible, incurable diseases it's possible for a human being to get, and yet he cures himself by... beating up the infected part of his psyche? Noone at Rocksteady thought this might be offensive to CJD patients and their families?

Edit: ^^^^ the riddles carry over to NG+. I know because two trophies bugged out for me and I could only collect them that way.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

paint dry posted:

Ending thoughts that just occurred to me and that everyone else will definitely think are dumb:

Batman says the Joker virus is a mutated form of Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease, one of the most horrible, incurable diseases it's possible for a human being to get, and yet he cures himself by... beating up the infected part of his psyche? Noone at Rocksteady thought this might be offensive to CJD patients and their families?

Probably not no...

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

paint dry posted:

I guess it's pretty rare!

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Levantine posted:

I guess it's pretty rare!

It's rare as hell but it was a big deal here in the UK for a while!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Batman's actually giving those patients hope, you monster.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

paint dry posted:

I thought his statement was well done.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

paint dry posted:

I'm not saying I don't care, just that Rocksteady probably doesn't.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

paint dry posted:

Noone at Rocksteady thought this might be offensive to CJD patients and their families?

They were going to run a focus group but that would have spoiled the plot.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

paint dry posted:

Edit: ^^^^ the riddles carry over to NG+. I know because two trophies bugged out for me and I could only collect them that way.

Welp, time to look at Wikipedia.

quote:

In the U.S., the FDA has banned import of any donor sperm, motivated by a risk of Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease, inhibiting the once popular[37] import of Scandinavian sperm.

Uh.

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."

redbackground posted:

This is pretty cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ67B4wk3Lo

and this happens if you change your date to Oct. 31:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfDRazIVwSU
(kind of spoilery?)

any person who found that Halloween Easter egg naturally would be terrified. That's really cool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr. Flunchy posted:

So he removed his black skull mask, to reveal *shock* a black skull face?

Ah comicbooks...

Not quite. It was not a shock and his Mask was originally not a Black Skull.

This was his original Mask from when he first showed up.

In No Mans Land he removed his Mask looking like this.

Which after this he started his plans to take control of gotham city and mess with Catwoman his face started to look more skull like. Eventully resulted in his more or less current look.

That's his actual face. Eventually however authors forgot that he does not wear his mask anymore. Eventually leading people to think that his Mask looked like a skull, and resulting in his mask being retconned into a skull.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Man, the Red Hood really hates Black Mask.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
So, is the Gotham in AK the entire city? Where was the Arkham City part? Did they fix up the city/prison and make it part of the city again?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
No, on the mainland (I think? You can see it), and they're working on fixing it

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

nickmeister posted:

So, is the Gotham in AK the entire city? Where was the Arkham City part? Did they fix up the city/prison and make it part of the city again?

Look across the water south of Miagani island.

You can see the tower, the sign, and Ivy's lair depending on your angle.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

blackguy32 posted:

Man, the Red Hood really hates Black Mask.

Red Hood actually lost that fight up there. Because unlike in the DLC for Arkham Knight Black Mask has balls of steel.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Red Hood actually lost that fight up there. Because unlike in the DLC for Arkham Knight Black Mask has balls of steel.

I just noticed that every piece of media that I have seen Red Hood in, if he isn't after the Joker, then he is going after Black Mask.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

blackguy32 posted:

I just noticed that every piece of media that I have seen Red Hood in, if he isn't after the Joker, then he is going after Black Mask.
Black Mask is usually relegated as Jason's personal "big enemy" because Batdad has dibs on the clown. He's well-enough known that the writers can put him up against Batkids and have him be a decent threat, but under the radar enough that he can go out and fight Red/Nightwing/Black Bat whenever there's a big Batman event keeping all the main rogues busy.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

Moltrey posted:

My favorite was when the person had a giant birthmark across their chest which Batman noted as "very distinctive." and it lowered it to like 400 possible matches. Alright then.

I think the impacted wedding ring was the worst. (A) How does a wedding ring get into your lower intestine? (B) How many people does that happen to? (C) The name of the wife was ON THE loving RING. But three deductions from just the ring alone isn't enough - better scan for at least two other defects!

Edit:

Also, sorry if this was posted and I missed it: http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145589580833757497

quote:

As an update, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Rocksteady and our partners are targeting an interim patch update for existing players to be released in August. This update will address many of the issues we listed in our June 27 update. We will provide additional details as we finalize that interim patch over the coming weeks.

We would like to thank you for your continued patience and invaluable feedback. We are continuing to monitor and listen for any additional issues and are driving towards a full update for everyone as quickly as we possibly can.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

The "updates" on this are some of the worst examples of communication, and it's almost hilarious to watch such a colossal train wreck. They keep just stringing the fans along with "Expect an update in (insert time frame that is just vague enough)."

l33t b4c0n fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

In Batman's line of work, you run into at least six impacted wedding rings a month.

And only half of them are Joker's fault.

• Locked thread