Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

meristem posted:

1. Give him a lot to drink. It does not have to be the collar - he could still be reacting badly to the meds. Water will dilute them and help him process them.
2. Do you have a place where you could take him on a supervised visit outside?
3. Text a photo of the collar to the vet and ask them what to do about it. It really feels it'd better if you didn't take it off at all - too much manipulation altogether, and you'd have to watch out that the cat did not scratch the wound while you cleaned it, which would belie the purpose of it being there at all.
4. For the depression, does he react to catnip, the smell of your socks and whatnot? Actually, this one, I'd also love to get some hints on, because...

He normally drinks water right from the tap, but that's probably not going to happen with the collar. He was pretty eager with the water when I offered him some bowls he could get his tongue to. The doc gave him something to counter the anesthesia.
Our yard isn't fenced, he isn't leash-trained, and he's been reacting badly to being picked up and brought anywhere (litter box, couch, my chair to lay on my lap). I'm worried he'll just struggle free and bolt into the greenbelt.
Looking at the cone more closely, I'm not sure I even can get it off without destroying it--it's all plastic slots and one-way tabs. The way it messes with his whiskers seems to make him feel trapped. If I removed the collar, I'd be more concerned about him savaging the cheek wound with his hind leg scratching than him licking the leg wound--he was doing a reasonable job keeping it clean, although it was abscessed.
I haven't tried catnip, but he's eating, drinking, responding normally to head scratching and petting. The weird thing is he's been on my lap for about 2 hours at this point, and he hasn't closed his eyes, which is very unusual. He's mostly just staring straight ahead, with some slight eye movement. I wonder if he's actually sleeping but not closing his lids entirely. Sometime he starts like he's just waking up, but at least one eye was still half-open. They do close if I bring my fingers near them.
I just wish he'd use the litter box. I'd feel a lot better if he went in it before I went to sleep tonight.

As for TinyCat...it's probably just the flu that's keeping him so low-energy. Hopefully once his system clears, he'll perk up. It doesn't really matter if he gets his love from his mom or you, just as long as there's plenty of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
meristem sorry to hear he's got the flu, I hope ol tinycat gets better. You've done a great job at caring for him so far :)

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Pyroclastic posted:

I haven't tried catnip, but he's eating, drinking, responding normally to head scratching and petting. The weird thing is he's been on my lap for about 2 hours at this point, and he hasn't closed his eyes, which is very unusual. He's mostly just staring straight ahead, with some slight eye movement. I wonder if he's actually sleeping but not closing his lids entirely. Sometime he starts like he's just waking up, but at least one eye was still half-open. They do close if I bring my fingers near them.
I just wish he'd use the litter box. I'd feel a lot better if he went in it before I went to sleep tonight.
I know, this whole situation just reminds me of when we took an elderly cat to the vet to get his teeth cleaned and claws cut (because he can't do it on his own), and this was done under sedation. We've been told not to feed him for a couple of hours to avoid vomiting, and we did as we were told... long story short, the whole night was still a carnival of eating and vomiting, because he had a very bad idiosyncratic reaction. We took him to the vet in the morning, and they IV'd him to hydrate him. Perhaps it's possible that your cat's problems are also still a side effect of the anaesthesia? Everyone metabolises differently.

Alternatively, if it's definitely the collar, then you will also need to call the vet to ask about an alternative, no?

So, long story short, I'd contact the vet, and in the meantime, kept him hydrated, just in case.

As for tiny... eh. After I wrote the post, I tried to make him poo again. He took a massive dump... really, there was the sound of depressurising, like a 'pfft'. I was probably doing it wrong before, and so caused him intestinal problems. It must have been pretty painful, too, because he now runs away from me on sight.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Just wanted to say that he's adorable and I hope he feels better soon! :3:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I compromised with the cat last night, which of course means he won. I figured out how to remove the collar properly, and he immediately went into a grooming frenzy, including the leg wound, but there was no chewing and I stopped him when he tried to scratch his cheek. Then we went out front and we just sat on the walkway and observed the neighborhood at 3am. He peed on a bush and then eventually wanted back inside.
He wouldn't leave his cheek alone, so I decided to recollar him. I cut a half inch to an inch off the edge and refastened it more loosely than it was before, so it's not so tight against his head and whiskers. I'm amazed I was able to get it on, but he was perfectly compliant after I scruffed him for a minute. He's less freaked out by it now and can eat and drink more easily, and can groom some extremities.

I tried to give him his pain syringe, but he wasn't having any of that poo poo. No idea how he'll handle me trying to flush the wounds.

Edit: his cheek wound is scabbed up and and I can't insert the syringe. I'm not going to tear it open to flush it. Still can't get at the leg.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 12, 2015

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Jesus loving christ dont get a teenage girl cat... Stop having mood swings you drat creature!

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

Just wanted to say that he's adorable and I hope he feels better soon! :3:
You tell me.

This is absolutely the last picture I will post, but I did not want to end his story on a downnote. :3: ...He's totally an anime, isn't he? I have no idea how long he's going to live, and what will come of him - all 220 grams/7.76 oz of him - but for now, he seems cautiously optimistic about his future. That will have to suffice, I guess.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hi cat thread, I came across this article and thought you might like it. It's a kittycat parody of the Humans of New York blog :3: Example entry:

http://www.boredpanda.com/cat-blog-felines-of-new-york-jim-tews/

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

meristem posted:

You tell me.

This is absolutely the last picture I will post, but I did not want to end his story on a downnote. :3: ...He's totally an anime, isn't he? I have no idea how long he's going to live, and what will come of him - all 220 grams/7.76 oz of him - but for now, he seems cautiously optimistic about his future. That will have to suffice, I guess.

I can't handle this cat's face. Please continue posting pictures.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Dr Christmas posted:

I have a problem with my cat peeing in a specific corner.

He started doing it a few weeks ago, and he was then diagnosed with diabetes. We changed his diet and gave him half a unit of insulin every twelve hours, and gave him oral orbifloxacin everyday for a possible bladder infection. A week ago when they did a glucose curve and said we can try stopping the insulin. We did, and after the visit from the vet today, his blood sugar looks good. However, he had peed in the same corner a couple times during that week.

We have a plastic tray that we put shoes in from the winter, so at first it seemed to like going in there, but today he went on the carpet next to it.

The litter boxes are right next to each other. We have two cats who have been living together for all their lives. Our female cat does not like male, and I can't rally read how he feels about her. Still, putting the litter boxes anywhere else isn't an option.
I haven't seen any change in their reactions to eachoter, their general mood around the house, or any other behavior changes besides the peeing. The male cat has always liked people and still seems to, and the female just likes me and my sister.
They've shared a litter box most of their lives and had food in the same room, which I know is bad, so I got a new one a while back, but they're still right next to each other. They've taken to the new box, and they seem to prefer it now to the old one, but i guess since they both like it that doesn't help any tensions. I sometimes find that they haven't buried their poop, but I don't know whose it is.

Anyway, I am a loser who lives at my Dad's house, so options are a bit limited. He has thrown a small fit at the suggestion of putting a litter box anywhere other than the room on the basement they're in now. Since he went outside the shoe thing that it was suggested he might have taken to a second box, I don't know about the suggestion of removing it. The vet suggested Feliway, but after the non-specific threats thrown around at the discovery of today's urine, I don't think Dad would like the idea of more cat pheromones sprayed in the house.

The vet also suggested getting a urine culture done so we can try a different antibiotic in case the bladder infection wasn't cleared up, and I told him I'd think about it because money's tight for me.

Quoting myself, because I'm still having this problem.

I put the plastic thing away, and now there's pee on the carpet. Put it back, and now they continue to pee on the carpet.

I took the male, formerly(?) diabetic cat to the vet on Saturday to get a urine culture done, and I'm waiting on the results. We also tested his blood sugar, which was good. Shortly after coming home, I discover pee by the area in a corner by a chest of drawers that I either didn't notice that morning, or was made by the other cat. That day I sprayed some Feliway in the area, and there was pee again not long after, as well as Sunday and today.

The female cat doesn't like the male cat, and I've never been able to figure out how he feels about her. The urine is in a puddle, not a spray, so it's been suggested that it's the female cat making the mess, but the one time someone say a cat peeing there, it was the male. I still haven't noticed any changes in any other behaviors. One or both of them still use the litter boxes, which won't be allowed to be placed anywhere but one room. I'd say that one of them just regards the area as a litter box, but I don't know why they stopped doing so after we got the clear to stop giving him insulin.

Suggesting a litter box in the area was met made Dad more angry. The area in question is the front door, so cutting off access isn't possible. We haven't done a thorough cleaning of the area yet, and we've been using this on urine patches as they come up, but I have to admit we've been kind of hasty cleaning the stuff. It smells kind of citrus-y, which I've heard they don't like, and before this weekend, they seemed to stay away for a couple of days after the urine patch was cleaned. They don't seem deterred by it anymore.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 14, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

meristem posted:

How do I cheer him up?

If he's not getting enough milk from his mom, you might have to look at getting kitten formula and feeding him. As for company, if mom cat doesnt want to hang out with him, a stuffed toy, or a hot water bottle with those fleecy coverings will make a decent substitute.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
So my cat acts nothing like every other cat I've seen. When I first got him in October, he didn't give a poo poo about the roomates dog. He's always making sure to be where the humans are. If someone new comes over he runs to the door to sniff and meow at them. I had him out on his harness earlier and he walked across the street and went right up to a neighbors dog and they kissed noses :3:

What do you think the chances are that he will be as chill if I bring home another cat? Would be nice to have another of the same species to hopefully keep him from bugging me all the time. Also, another cat!

edit: oh ya, he's around 3-4 years old, 17lbs male (working on the weight..)

Danith fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 14, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cats are weird, there's no telling. Doesnt the roommates dog keep him company?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

SynthOrange posted:

If he's not getting enough milk from his mom, you might have to look at getting kitten formula and feeding him. As for company, if mom cat doesnt want to hang out with him, a stuffed toy, or a hot water bottle with those fleecy coverings will make a decent substitute.

Also, if he's old enough to eat solids, putting chicken giblets/chicken breast/Esbliac[sic?] is an easy way to get them to gain weight fast. Fat people are also a good substitute IME cats love fat people.e: I meant fat people are a good substitute for warm moms, not food

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cash crab posted:

Also, if he's old enough to eat solids, putting chicken giblets/chicken breast/Esbliac[sic?] is an easy way to get them to gain weight fast. Fat people are also a good substitute IME cats love fat people.e: I meant fat people are a good substitute for warm moms, not food

As a fat person, I can confirm, cats love me. and I them.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

SynthOrange posted:

Cats are weird, there's no telling. Doesnt the roommates dog keep him company?

Not really, the dog doesn't 'get' the cat and the cat doesn't 'get' the dog. They basically ignore each other

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I think my cat (the good one, not the crap one) is a gift from heaven. Not only is he totally 100% apathetic to anything you do to him, he doesn't mind washes, is friendly to ANYONE who walks in, tradesmen, friends, dogs, but when it came time to pull him last night for his worming we were stunned.

We took him into the bathroom, popped him on the counter, took the worming tablet and coated it with butter and got ready to grab him and jam it down his throat. He lent out, sniffed the buttery pill, licked it off my finger and swallowed it! Then he tried to remove my finger prints licking the rest of the butter off my finger.

This cat is an anomaly, I'm sure of it.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

My cat gets pissed if I go near his belly or back legs. I don't think he was properly socialized with the rest of his litter and never learned to not use claws when playing, either.
I was finally able to apply some medication to his leg wound (but still couldn't get it into the abscess, since its drain healed over) when he was completely passed out in my lap and I could just get to the wound with the syringe. I was curious and looked it up: ToDAY cephapirin sodium, labeled as Cefa-Lak on the prescription label. It's only indicated for use in cattle, to stick up their teat ducts and inject the antibiotic. No other indicated uses. I get it's just a topical-ish antibiotic ointment, but still. Maybe that's why the experience didn't cost as much as a I feared. Using cheap, effective livestock stuff in place of more expensive "small pet antibiotic".

Weather's been pleasant the past few days, and I just can't keep him inside. I've tried to keep an eye on him since he's still got the e-collar on, but I look away for a minute when he's sleeping under a chair, and he's completely vanished when I look again. He went AWOL for about 5 hours earlier, but came back with no further wear or tear. His cheek wound is looking pretty good, and the leg abscess looks smaller and more healed, and I've got a new job that starts tomorrow, so I'll have to remove the e-collar and put him outside regardless. Hope I won't come back to a cat with a bloody mess on his cheek!

meristem
Oct 2, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

cash crab posted:

Thanks! The current SOP is, he's with the mother when his brother is not spazzing out and in my polarfleece hoodie otherwise, listening to cat music (I don't know if the music works, it's certainly driving me crazy). 5 weeks is a bit too early for solids, I think... so far, he's chugging on the formula (phoneposting, but earlier I posted some video links, you can see him eat... He's learnt to use a straw :3: ).
I think I may post some more pictures, but I I do, it'll be in the Cat Pictures thread, which I have just realised exists!
Thanks again!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Feline Idiopathic Cystitis sucks. We're on like vet visit #4 and have done so many things and cat has not improved. I have no idea what the vet can even suggest from here. We're on the prescription diet (both dry and wet) and only just begun transitioning and they want us to bring him back in again ho hum

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

SSSCat half off for Prime day if you have amazon prime

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RIA95G?ref_=gb1h_tit_m-5_9262_27815099&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hi cat thread, I came across this article and thought you might like it. It's a kittycat parody of the Humans of New York blog :3: Example entry:

http://www.boredpanda.com/cat-blog-felines-of-new-york-jim-tews/

Awesome.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Is regular contact paper (for lining your shelves) impervious to cat pee?

I just got this thing for my cats and don't want them to ruin the wood (painted particle board) with any pee accidents.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007

Ah... I appear to have a cat outside my house peeing on the doors... Thinking a girl cos it's puddles rather than sprays. That could explain why my female cat is being an absolute nervous knobhead...

Time to get a cat trap

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
So we were going to pick up a kitten and her 1 year older brother tonight but it seems that the older cat has been gone for like 5 days so we are only coming home with one tonight. Since our plan was that the two cats would keep each other company I was wondering how the plan for the weekend should be. Is she going to be heartbroken all day on Monday if we spend all our awake time with her this weekend or will it make it easier? My girlfriend only has one week of work left before a 5 week vacation but I want to make sure the kittens introduction goes as well as possible.

Also since the older cat has been outside so much(more than we had been told) it might be better for him to stay in a place where he can go outside when he wants since it's an option, right? I don't want the guy being miserable & looking out the window for his entire life. The kittens mother is pregnant now and we have been promised one of those kittens so we will still have two cats that can play with each other when we are at work towards the fall

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Letting cats outside is a terrible idea, cats do not miss going outside, they like staring at windows because of the smells / sights. It has nothing to do with pining. It's more likely for your cat to get injured or sick if you let it outside, to what degree people will argue, but it's infallible that it IS more dangerous.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

My neutered 8 year old boycat has been puking/dry heaving all day, and I'm now freaking out. He's become really withdrawn and lethargic, and we just tried to give him treats and food; he accepted only one greenie, and sniffed at wet food and walked away (this guy eats everything otherwise, up to and including trying to steal human food). I picked him up and tried to cuddle him, and he purred a little but pulled out of my arms and jumped down. My husband said he doesn't seem to be dehydrated, and his eartips didn't feel overly warm, but the anorexia and lethargy are definitely not normal.

He still occasionally pukes up clear liquid, but it's mostly dry heaving. I'm calling the coordinator of the TNR group who does charitable vet stuff for really poor people in the morning if he's still super sick, but I'm terrified of what this could be. I guess the answer is probably "it could be a million things, take him to a vet", though.

He's my little buddy and I raised him from a four month old kitten :smith: I don't want him to die.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

meteloides posted:

"it could be a million things, take him to a vet"

Sounds like when my cat got kitty gut parasites. He was not a happy cat. Course of antibiotics/antiparasitics cleared him up.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jul 17, 2015

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

...cats do not miss going outside, they like staring at windows because of the smells / sights. It has nothing to do with pining...

Agree with the more dangerous line, but dude during winter when I don't let them outside very often my indoor/outdoor cats both sit at the catdoor making stupid dying noises and otherwise making it emphatically clear when they would rather be outside. I ignore their drama and tire them out with playing but they still sulk by the door sometimes and get very animated if it looks like someone will open it.

None of that should really affect the decision because you can still shut them inside of course. They can suck it up.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
We were always planning on strictly indoor cats since we live in the city but the cats are coming from the country so the older one has been outdoors a fair bit while the kittens have not. Either way we wouldn't be able to take the older cat home tonight if it doesn't come home soon anyway

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Tamarillo posted:

Agree with the more dangerous line, but dude during winter when I don't let them outside very often my indoor/outdoor cats both sit at the catdoor making stupid dying noises and otherwise making it emphatically clear when they would rather be outside. I ignore their drama and tire them out with playing but they still sulk by the door sometimes and get very animated if it looks like someone will open it.

None of that should really affect the decision because you can still shut them inside of course. They can suck it up.

Because you let them out all the time in a wide open space where they can play on their own. They don't miss outdoors, they miss having something to do. Play with your cats more.

We moved my girlfriends outdoor only cat to indoor only when she moved in with me and it doesn't even care it can't go outside.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

SynthOrange posted:

Sounds like when my cat got kitty gut parasites. He was not a happy cat. Course of antibiotics/antiparasitics cleared him up.

I hope that's all it is, I'm trying to get him in to be looked at right now, so

thank you so much, I'll let you know what it is.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Turtlicious posted:

Letting cats outside is a terrible idea, cats do not miss going outside, they like staring at windows because of the smells / sights. It has nothing to do with pining. It's more likely for your cat to get injured or sick if you let it outside, to what degree people will argue, but it's infallible that it IS more dangerous.

This is just complete bullshit and you do not know what you are talking about. Both my cats were used to go outside and now they can't. Not only do they spend an awful lot of time in front of the door, they are literally trying to claw underneath it in order to go out. They've completely ripped off the insulation and damaged the door itself. We also can't open the door without having them run and try to sneak out. They are actively trying to go out.

This whole idea that cats do not miss going outside if completely ridiculous. That is just feel good idealism to make you feel better about keeping an animal indoor.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Drythe posted:

Because you let them out all the time in a wide open space where they can play on their own. They don't miss outdoors, they miss having something to do. Play with your cats more.

We moved my girlfriends outdoor only cat to indoor only when she moved in with me and it doesn't even care it can't go outside.

Yeah, and people who are starving don't miss food. They just miss the smell of it.

:getout:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dalael posted:

This is just complete bullshit and you do not know what you are talking about. Both my cats were used to go outside and now they can't. Not only do they spend an awful lot of time in front of the door, they are literally trying to claw underneath it in order to go out. They've completely ripped off the insulation and damaged the door itself. We also can't open the door without having them run and try to sneak out. They are actively trying to go out.

This whole idea that cats do not miss going outside if completely ridiculous. That is just feel good idealism to make you feel better about keeping an animal indoor.

I can't wait for you to have kids.

"You don't understand! He doesn't like it when I tell him no!"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dalael posted:

Your cats are loving bored, probably because you spend too much time playing EVE. Your cats are being destructive because they're relatively intelligent animals that require physical and mental stimulation, and they want to go where they can get it. They're clearly not getting enough in your house. Cats aren't dogs or birds, but they do require you to spend time with them and exercise their little kitty brains with Da Bird or something. They're not loving fish.

Pay attention to your goddamn pets and take care of them.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Yeah. Ozma was a farm cat before I took her in. She was antsy and destructive for the first month-ish I took her in, but mysteriously chilled out when I built up a decent stock of stuff for her to climb, boxes and cubes for her to hide in, toys I could entertain her with, and toys that she could play with by herself when I wasn't around (and another cat to be her buddy).

e: neither she nor Pizza have any interest in going outside

Rat Patrol fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 17, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Stop quoting one of the worst posters in the EVE thread, which says a lot.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Well, on topic at least. I woke up and one of our three cats was gone, one of the windows was open and it was one with an unlatched insect screen. So the cat bandito had escaped through there. Thank god the kitten didn't get out. So this guy has escaped a few times before, but the last time was almost two years ago. I walked around the neighbourhood calling his name but it didn't work (has never worked before). Generally he comes back in the dead of night and waits outside until we wake up. Any advice apart from 'yeah that is what is going to happen this time too, unless he gets run over'?

edit: when walking around calling "BANDITOOOO" I saw a house that had two black cats outside. They were just chilling, like 'IDGAF'. I hope bandito is also just chilling :)

redreader fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Dienes posted:

I can't wait for you to have kids.

"You don't understand! He doesn't like it when I tell him no!"

Wtf has that got to do with anything?

What I am saying is, this idea that cats don't miss being outside is just plain false.

Cythereal posted:

Your cats are loving bored, probably because you spend too much time playing EVE. Your cats are being destructive because they're relatively intelligent animals that require physical and mental stimulation, and they want to go where they can get it. They're clearly not getting enough in your house. Cats aren't dogs or birds, but they do require you to spend time with them and exercise their little kitty brains with Da Bird or something. They're not loving fish.

Pay attention to your goddamn pets and take care of them.

My cats get to play plenty enough, thank you. Doesn't change the fact that they clearly miss going outside. They love being outside, period.

The point I am trying to make, is that pretending that cats don't miss the outside, is just plain wrong and you can see it every day in cats behaviour. A cat that has never been outside may not care all that much, but a cat that has spent time outside, definitely cares.