Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He literally busted his rear end for the business, he should absolutely be in for that effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ostentatious posted:

if Eddie Guerrero gets into the HoF, why not X-Pac??

It's actually a pretty safe bet that X-Pac will get in, if only so they can induct all of DX one day

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
We're not talking about that Hall of Fame, man.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DynamiteKidd posted:

We're not talking about that Hall of Fame, man.

Yeah well X-Pac should be in both of them :colbert:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's really loving weird to me that of the entire cavalcade of ineptitude that has defined TNA over the years and especially in 2015, this is the thing that drove Chris Regal over the edge.

in a way it makes sense that if you like tna to the point that you have a website dedicated to defending it, the product being bad clearly isn't an issue, but the company loving up and preventing you from seeing important parts of the product and storyline that they already filmed would piss you off.

tl;dr: the only thing tna can do to really piss off mecca is prevent them from seeing their lovely show

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 17, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WeaponX posted:

in a way it makes sense that if you like tna to the point that you have a website dedicated to defending it, the product being bad clearly isn't an issue, but the company loving up and preventing you from seeing important parts of the product and storyline that they already filmed would piss you off.

tl;dr: the only thing tna can do to really piss off mecca is prevent them from seeing their lovely show

The product being off TV in a few months is going to have them leaving in droves, in that case.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
lol@ the marks who think Impact isn't going to be simulcast on all Discovery networks starting in September

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Is there a hall of fame for making GBS threads in things? Waltman is a lock for that one if it exists

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

Is there a hall of fame for making GBS threads in things? Waltman is a lock for that one if it exists

He's already in it

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

There is one, but they've been having some nose pollution issues.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

The product being off TV in a few months is going to have them leaving in droves, in that case.

exactly and like wcw, tna fans will disappear and the company will die quietly and just like wwe did, gfw will piss on its grave with a terrible invasion angle. except nobody will see it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm honestly curious about what the TNA diehards will do once it dies. We know a lot of the WCW marks eventually migrated to TNA, but when TNA dies, where will those people go? Do they talk themselves into GFW or just stop watching wrestling altogether?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Benne posted:

We know a lot of the WCW marks eventually migrated to TNA

do we?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The hardline anti-WWE people did, at least.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

I'm honestly curious about what the TNA diehards will do once it dies. We know a lot of the WCW marks eventually migrated to TNA, but when TNA dies, where will those people go? Do they talk themselves into GFW or just stop watching wrestling altogether?

Some on Mecca already said they'd be done with wrestling if TNA was gone. They were around in the Jarrett era and don't want to stick around for any more of that

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WeaponX posted:

You know, you're right. The last time I remember them being remotely this mad at the company (besides the Grado stuff) was when they filmed that episode of Impact that was pulled off DA for some holiday (Memorial Day?) but it aired internationally. And because no one watches TNA or cares, it wasn't uploaded in the usual places immediately.

I think there was a legit good match on it too, which twists the knife a little.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Some on Mecca already said they'd be done with wrestling if TNA was gone. They were around in the Jarrett era and don't want to stick around for any more of that

there's so much good wrestling out there thats not WWE, it boggles my mind that if you are a wrestling fan in the slightest sense you would just stop watching wrestling because TNA died lol WHAT THE gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

super macho dude posted:

there's so much good wrestling out there thats not WWE, it boggles my mind that if you are a wrestling fan in the slightest sense you would just stop watching wrestling because TNA died lol WHAT THE gently caress

They basically went from WCW to TNA, and the mentality is why stick around if they go under because the only thing they love in the business died twice

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's funny because if they're craving a real WWE alternative but don't want to take the effort to get into Japan, then ROH is sitting right there on the same drat channel.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Benne posted:

It's funny because if they're craving a real WWE alternative but don't want to take the effort to get into Japan, then ROH is sitting right there on the same drat channel.

I was a big WCW fan from back when it was still in the NWA and with JCP, but even I couldn't tolerate WCW's last few years. I don't know how anybody could claim to be a hardcore WCW fan and think WCW 2000 was the best thing ever, or how TNA doing WCW 2000 Part 2 is a great thing. I can understand being anti-WWE, but not to the extent that one would favor TNA over anything else.

ROH is really the kind of wrestling I wanted to watch all these years I kept tuning in and out of WWE's stuff, and yet I only got a chance to start watching their stuff earlier this year. I feel like I'm making up for lost time.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

John Thorne vs Marc Mero, Brawl for All.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Magnus's AMA is not being taken entirely well on Mecca.

That TNA, always cunningly swerving their fans to make people think they're a terrible company with many backstage problems. I can't wait for the payoff on that one.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I like the "others let go" narrative they're trying to push.

Magnus quit. And they don't know how to accept this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Haha I'm going to swerve these guys by saying my superb former employer is actually bad, for no reason at all!"

- Something no one has ever said.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

I like the "others let go" narrative they're trying to push.

Magnus quit. And they don't know how to accept this.

seriously.

From his Reddit AMA last night:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

More tumblr poo poo!

some idiot on tumbr posted:

I’m so excited with the Kane injury storyline. Heard he’s gonna return as a babyface. Cant wait to see what WWE does with him, perhaps a WWE World Heavyweight title run would be AWESOME!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

For a second there I was really confused as to why I said that.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ShootaBoy posted:

More tumblr poo poo!

Hell, same

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

ShootaBoy posted:

More tumblr poo poo!

I hope Kane's WWE title run is as long and eventful as his last one.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

ShootaBoy posted:

More tumblr poo poo!

way to doxx filthy tom's tumblr

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 17, 2015

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

ShootaBoy posted:

More tumblr poo poo!

tbf if you're gonna look on Tumblr you're gonna find tons of people whose favorite WWE Superstar is whoever it is. Like, I agree with you that Kane is The Drizz but if some Tumblr dingdong lives for The Big Red Fliflop eh cool you do you

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

More tumblr poo poo!

Please don't shame my tumblr

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

keep an eye out for my tumblr dedicated to Frankie the mobster

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Mob posted:

tbf if you're gonna look on Tumblr you're gonna find tons of people whose favorite WWE Superstar is whoever it is. Like, I agree with you that Kane is The Drizz but if some Tumblr dingdong lives for The Big Red Fliflop eh cool you do you

True, true, but on the other hand...

a genius posted:

Has anybody noticed that dean isn’t in a match this Sunday! Is he about to turn heel and help Seth or go against roman and help Bray Wyatt.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I like how, to TNAMecca, everyone who has left TNA is simply bitter and it's not a trend at all

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ShootaBoy posted:

True, true, but on the other hand...

Bryan Alvarez thinks that's going to happen and Dean not being booked is just weird enough that I'm at least uneasy and considering the possibility, tbf.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bryan Alvarez thinks that's going to happen and Dean not being booked is just weird enough that I'm at least uneasy and considering the possibility, tbf.

Dave, either on the show or on the board, said he had notes for Summerslam that indicated Ambrose and Reigns would still both be faces by then. As always though, poo poo can change.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DrVenkman posted:

Dave, either on the show or on the board, said he had notes for Summerslam that indicated Ambrose and Reigns would still both be faces by then. As always though, poo poo can change.

This makes me feel better (and also makes more sense than either turning).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Dave continuing his WON Feud of the Year case:
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/622295278146588672