Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Reiley posted:

What does it take to get the Trolls out of this thread and back under their bridge? Heavens to Murgatroyd !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Raserys posted:

Please post your old avatar so I remember who you are

He was the one-eyed, red tentacle monster thing.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

net cafe scandal posted:

Of course. By the way, guys, I'm currently accepting av cert donations, so if you liked any of my old posts in the Imp Zone smash thread, your support would go a long way. Thanks and happy smashing.

You gave up a FREE smug-walking Pac-man avatar. Your current one is too good for you, as far as I'm concerned.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Count..

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
A quality thread for quality posters.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Smash 4 isn't even going to be on the mainstage on Sunday, it's Finals are midday tomorrow. :psyduck:

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Good. :c00l:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Are there any literal trolls in SSB in the form of trophies or something?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Dubious leak info from a credible(?) leaker.

quote:

Nintendo have shortlisted around 15-20 characters from the ballot...

Ahaha.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

No.

If this had perhaps happened past the Fighter Ballot end-date, I might have believed it, but we're only just a little over halfway through. I don't give a rip about the leaker's apparent credibility, Nintendo couldn't possibly have set aside that many characters, let alone even considered setting aside characters, before the ballot ended. The fact that one of the listed leak characters is an assist trophy isn't winning the leaker any points either.

99% sure this is garbage. I'm just gonna sit back in preparation to apply some of that incoming salt to my popcorn. :munch:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
why would you post this

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Raserys posted:

why would you post this

It is as though SL the Pyro is the literal worst. The worst poster in the world.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

Ahaha.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

No.

If this had perhaps happened past the Fighter Ballot end-date, I might have believed it, but we're only just a little over halfway through. I don't give a rip about the leaker's apparent credibility, Nintendo couldn't possibly have set aside that many characters, let alone even considered setting aside characters, before the ballot ended. The fact that one of the listed leak characters is an assist trophy isn't winning the leaker any points either.

99% sure this is garbage. I'm just gonna sit back in preparation to apply some of that incoming salt to my popcorn. :munch:

Are you a loving idiot or just a troll

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The guy who voted for Tharja has opinions about what would be realistic.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

... I guess I'm a loving idiot, because I seriously have no idea what I did to get you all mad at me all of the sudden.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
You're posting like a weirdo, who the gently caress types out lines of maniacal laughter and a bold, dramatic "no" earnestly

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SL the Pyro posted:

... I guess I'm a loving idiot, because I seriously have no idea what I did to get you all mad at me all of the sudden.
This rear end in a top hat didn't get the vision from Saturo Iwata's ghost revealing the new characters. What a little poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

codenameFANGIO posted:

It is as though SL the Pyro is the literal worst. The worst poster in the world.

Clarkson for Smash.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

bill trinen's ripped doppelganger is on stream at evo

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

sharrrk posted:

bill trinen's ripped doppelganger is on stream at evo

That's my boy Bloodcross, repping MA smash.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Countblanc posted:

You're posting like a weirdo, who the gently caress types out lines of maniacal laughter and a bold, dramatic "no" earnestly
also you care way too much about the DLC characters for smash

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Endorph posted:

also you care way too much about the DLC characters for smash

its impossible to care too much about smash

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

SL the Pyro posted:

Ahaha.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

No.

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*goes to kindergarten, looks at child's crayon drawing of the mona lisa*

hm... 99% sure this isn't the original, guys. who does this bitch think he's loving with?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Endorph posted:

*goes to kindergarten, looks at child's crayon drawing of the mona lisa*

hm... 99% sure this isn't the original, guys. who does this bitch think he's loving with?

*walks up to child drawing picure of his mom and dad*

Ahaha.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

No.

If you had perhaps given your "parents" more detail, I might have believed it, but we're only looking at circles with some legs here. I don't give a rip about your apparent credibility, God couldn't possibly have created these creatures, let alone even considered creating these creatures, as they could not physically exist as depicted. The fact that one of the circles isn't closed isn't winning you any points either.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

isn't closed

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i hope they add every character in every video game to smash bros

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I hope Falco takes his shirt off.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

i hope they add every character in every video game to smash bros

It's not my birthday yet.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

this

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

*walks up to child drawing picure of his mom and dad*

Ahaha.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

No.

If you had perhaps given your "parents" more detail, I might have believed it, but we're only looking at circles with some legs here. I don't give a rip about your apparent credibility, God couldn't possibly have created these creatures, let alone even considered creating these creatures, as they could not physically exist as depicted. The fact that one of the circles isn't closed isn't winning you any points either.

loving lmao

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

mabels big day posted:

Imdeed

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Alright, alright, you've made your point. Even directed at me I have to admit that's funny. And sad. :(

I apologize. I clearly tried too hard in that post and made an rear end of myself rather than the leaker. I didn't think I was being that weird, and I definitely didn't think it would be cause for people to get legit angry at me, but I guess I was wrong on both counts. I won't do that again.

I only made a spectacle of that leak because it was (supposedly) the same guy who did the ESRB leak and he apparently even got interviewed about this, and thought it might be of interest, but apparently not. I was really hoping for some kind of agreement that it was fake, because I don't want it to be true.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Serious question: When competitive players choose FD, why don't they play an omega version of a stage for variety's sake?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Little Mac posted:

Serious question: When competitive players choose FD, why don't they play an omega version of a stage for variety's sake?

Apparently some of the omega stages aren't the same size as the default FD. Also some have walls on the sides and some don't. Also I hear FD is a bad choice anyway cause the background gets distracting

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

Alright, alright, you've made your point. Even directed at me I have to admit that's funny. And sad. :(

I apologize. I clearly tried too hard in that post and made an rear end of myself rather than the leaker. I didn't think I was being that weird, and I definitely didn't think it would be cause for people to get legit angry at me, but I guess I was wrong on both counts. I won't do that again.

I only made a spectacle of that leak because it was (supposedly) the same guy who did the ESRB leak and he apparently even got interviewed about this, and thought it might be of interest, but apparently not. I was really hoping for some kind of agreement that it was fake, because I don't want it to be true.

Well. It's fake.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Little Mac posted:

Some Omega versions are different than others. I know the blast box or whatever it's called on Mushroom Kingdom you is insanely loving small and some you can go under and some you can't.

Sure would be nice though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everyone in this thread thinks im weird... i know what'll make me not seem weird! *hits self in own nuts repeatedly while crying* MY BIRTH WAS A SIN

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Couldn't they just figure out which Omegas are bad and which are not? The only thing I don't like about watching Smash is the lack of stage variety - same with SF4, but that problem is even more confusing since all the stages are the damned same

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Little Mac posted:

if youre talking about evo its because omega stages are banned. i think the reason is because of music licensing issues for some of the stages, like windy hill zone and onett. to prevent any potential confusion they just banned them globally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
If you're talking about EVO, Omegas are banned anyway due to music licensing issues. e: drat

Otherwise, all FDs are the same length and have the same blast zones, but they still differ a bit. Some have walls on the sides (Wily's Castle, Gamer); some have different ledges (Mario Galaxy, Lylat Cruise); some have bottoms but not walls (Pokemon Stadium 2; Gaur Plains). Some even have different attributes entirely: for instance, grass effects your character's traction, so the left half of Great Cave Offensive's platform will effect Luigi's movement less than the right half.

• Locked thread