Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

A brown curry made out of beer.

And Diarrhea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's all curries.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

This looks good except they didn't double-dip fry those chips so they're gonna get all soggy before you even finish putting that on a table.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
people who don't double fry should be murdered, but how can you tell so easy?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

This looks good except they didn't double-dip fry those chips so they're gonna get all soggy before you even finish putting that on a table.

It was probably only a picture for a cooking magazine. This is how you should serve it

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

That's all curries.

Had a curry for lunch while I got an oil change. Can confirm.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

A brown curry made out of beer.
Looks like I have plans for next week.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

My Lovely Horse posted:

Looks like I have plans for next week.

I've tried to find a link with a recipe for you for some strange reason all the recipes in English are different from the traditional one, replacing the gingerbread and mustard with just flour, and adding strange stuff like garlic and tomato puree.

This is all you need and the key part is the slow cooking (covered) for at least 3 hours with all the ingredients

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This is all you need and the key part is the slow cooking (covered) for at least 3 hours with all the ingredients

Is that rye bread?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

beato posted:

Is that rye bread?

Belgian gingerbread (peperkoek/pain d'épice) that you cover with mustard and put on the top of the stew, letting it dissolve. Yes I think there can be rye in it too sometimes.

This is essentially a sweet and sour beer stew.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 10:54 on Jul 16, 2015

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Belgian gingerbread (peperkoek/pain d'épice) that you cover with mustard and put on the top of the stew, letting it dissolve. Yes I think there can be rye in it too sometimes.

This is essentially a sweet and sour beer stew.

I want this so badly. Think it would be nigh-impossible to replicate here in Korea, though.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Some German recipes use a special gingerbread for the sauce, too. If it's roughly the same stuff, I can source this easily!

Feel free to link an original non-English recipe, I can probably figure out the gist of it.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

bringmyfishback posted:

I want this so badly. Think it would be nigh-impossible to replicate here in Korea, though.

You can substitute the gingerbread with a bit flour and brown sugar as suggested on other recipes (and anise; cinnamon; ginger; cloves and nutmeg -or maybe 5-spices powder- for the true taste).

This recipe looks the more like the one I like:
http://www.oliviascuisine.com/the-world-cup-series-belgium-carbonnade-flamande-beef-and-beer-stew/

You can probably replace the Belgian red beer with some brown ale or simply go wild and try your own version with a different kind of beer!

^^^^^^^^
edit: this is the recipe I use:
http://www.marmiton.org/recettes/recette_carbonades-flamandes-traditionnelles_29711.aspx

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Of note is that the Belgian beef stew is the exactly same thing as goulash, sans paprika.

The best thing about goulash is that you can't find a bad photo of it anywhere. It always looks the same.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I fuckin' love chicken paprikash. Don't you goons?

It's one of those "legitimate great meals, but near impossible to not make it look like barf" foods.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

EorayMel posted:

I fuckin' love chicken paprikash. Don't you goons?

It's one of those "legitimate great meals, but near impossible to not make it look like barf" foods.

The way I make it is with just the meat, or debone after cooking. Or just use chicken breasts if you're picky.

Also paprikash is just goulash with chicken meat and sour cream. Hold the sour cream and you have a Pörkölt.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

That's a hairball.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The other atrocities in your post can be laughed at and forgiven, but this appears to have been served in a restaurant. BOO

(shame too because the pizza underneath the hot sauce, chewed and spit out steak gristle on the side of your plate, and worst kind of macaroni looks pretty good)

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

chaos rhames posted:

That looks pretty good. It's just a curry with bigger meat.

I'm pretty sure that's a stew, champ.

e: page behind, whoops

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Roro posted:

That's a hairball.

have two cats. can confirm.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

You can substitute the gingerbread with a bit flour and brown sugar as suggested on other recipes (and anise; cinnamon; ginger; cloves and nutmeg -or maybe 5-spices powder- for the true taste).

This recipe looks the more like the one I like:
http://www.oliviascuisine.com/the-world-cup-series-belgium-carbonnade-flamande-beef-and-beer-stew/

You can probably replace the Belgian red beer with some brown ale or simply go wild and try your own version with a different kind of beer!

^^^^^^^^
edit: this is the recipe I use:
http://www.marmiton.org/recettes/recette_carbonades-flamandes-traditionnelles_29711.aspx

Hey, thank you! I might just give this a shot.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Peanut butter on saltines is legit though and I'll gut the first man who says otherwise :colbert:

Make a whole stack of saltines into little pb&j cracker sandwiches and you just made a whole mess of stoned people very happy :3:

edit: breakin thread rules

Minarchist has a new favorite as of 03:39 on Jul 18, 2015

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Dead broke student cuisine. When you don't even have ramen or little boxes of raisins.

:smith:

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Minarchist posted:

Peanut butter on saltines is legit though and I'll gut the first man who says otherwise :colbert:

Make a whole stack of saltines into little pb&j cracker sandwiches and you just made a whole mess of stoned people very happy :3:

I couldn't find the Peanut Butter on Saltines recipe, how do I make these?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

PubicMice posted:

do you have sous vide or do you want the scrub version

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Dead broke student cuisine. When you don't even have ramen or little boxes of raisins.

:smith:

Or for me, broke child cuisine when it was like midnight and I was raiding the fridge. I used to do exactly that. :smith:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I have a job and make money. I've had this for dinner several nights a week, just because I like it.

I'm a broken human, aren't I?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

VendaGoat posted:

I have a job and make money. I've had this for dinner several nights a week, just because I like it.

I'm a broken human, aren't I?

I have a job and make good money too, and one of my favorite things is walking through the kitchen grabbing the jar of chunky peanut butter, grabbing a monstrous spoonful, and then walking off, slowly eating the peanut butter off the spoon. Pisses my wife right the hell off. No, bro, we're not broken, we've adapted.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
I very much enjoy shopdogsam, whose vieos are half metalworking instructions and half arkansas cooking from all walmart or garden ingredients.

Here's bread coins from hot dog buns, soaked in the leftover sugarwater from maraschino cherries and deep fried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEcRm1T16Eo

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Tree Goat posted:

I very much enjoy shopdogsam, whose vieos are half metalworking instructions and half arkansas cooking from all walmart or garden ingredients.

Here's bread coins from hot dog buns, soaked in the leftover sugarwater from maraschino cherries and deep fried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEcRm1T16Eo

Shopdogsam is the poo poo and hearing him so excited about his weird recipes makes me feel happy

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

I have a job and make good money too, and one of my favorite things is walking through the kitchen grabbing the jar of chunky peanut butter, grabbing a monstrous spoonful, and then walking off, slowly eating the peanut butter off the spoon. Pisses my wife right the hell off. No, bro, we're not broken, we've adapted.

Maybe she wants you to put it in a bowl?

Alternatively: Dump the jar of peanut butter on the floor and eat the peanut butter off of the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

HA HA! Such originality!

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

do you have sous vide or do you want the scrub version

sous vide, for sure. what do i look like, a pleb?

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Minarchist posted:

I had these and they were good, but I didn't have peanut butter so I used cream cheese, and I didn't have jelly so I used a melted purple crayon, and I didn't have saltines so I used the left seat cover from a 1971 ford pinto cut into squares. It was a bit spicy, so next time I might use vaseline instead of cream cheese.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

PubicMice posted:

One pound of English peas. One pound of butter.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Crust First posted:

I had these and they were good, but I didn't have peanut butter so I used cream cheese, and I didn't have jelly so I used a melted purple crayon, and I didn't have saltines so I used the left seat cover from a 1971 ford pinto cut into squares. It was a bit spicy, so next time I might use vaseline instead of cream cheese.

Midwesterners :rolleyes:

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Vic posted:

Of note is that the Belgian beef stew is the exactly same thing as goulash, sans paprika.

The best thing about goulash is that you can't find a bad photo of it anywhere. It always looks the same.

It looks pretty close but you definitely don't put gingerbread and mustard in goulash (at least not any kind of goulash I ever heard of).

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Goulash is more a soup and has no beer in it as far as I know.

If anything carbonnade is closer to a sweeter beef bourguignon with beer instead of wine.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Just cheese:
Eat cheese and drink wine.

Haute couture gastro hack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Just cheese:
Eat cheese and drink wine.

Haute couture gastro hack

So Velveeta and Boone's Farm to woo the ladies?

• Locked thread